Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #101
serio562
veteran
 
serio562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillrob View Post
Wasn't the rake already $6 total? I thought it was when I was there 2 years ago and played 20/40. Is it not the same in all games?
The rake for the 2/3 NLH games were 4+1 but now are 5+1. The rake for the lower games remain 4+1, basically the 1/2 & 1/3 NLH and probably the lower limit games not in the plaza.

In my opinion a rake of $6 can probably be justified for bigger games such as 5/10 NLH or 20/40 LH but not 2/3 NLH which is what I primarily play/played.
serio562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #102
chillrob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 9,980
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serio562 View Post
The rake for the 2/3 NLH games were 4+1 but now are 5+1. The rake for the lower games remain 4+1, basically the 1/2 & 1/3 NLH and probably the lower limit games not in the plaza.

In my opinion a rake of $6 can probably be justified for bigger games such as 5/10 NLH or 20/40 LH but not 2/3 NLH which is what I primarily play/played.
Do you know if this is an increase for the 20/40 or has it been that for awhile?
I thought it was already $6, but I could be remembering wrong. Do they still have 8/16, and if so, what is the rake there?
chillrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #103
sao
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Shed End
Posts: 547
I played the 100-300 yesterday for the first time (on vacation in LA). I wanted to cry every time I saw someone limp, both blinds call, someone bet the flop, and net $0.00 for winning the hand.

The casino might as well post a sign at the table stating WARNING: THIS RAKE IS UNBEATABLE.
sao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #104
eco74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,500
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillrob View Post
Wasn't the rake already $6 total? I thought it was when I was there 2 years ago and played 20/40. Is it not the same in all games?
It likely was always $6 in the 20/40 but he's talking about the $100-$300NL.
eco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #105
gwjones00
adept
 
gwjones00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 958
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sao View Post
I played the 100-300 yesterday for the first time (on vacation in LA). I wanted to cry every time I saw someone limp, both blinds call, someone bet the flop, and net $0.00 for winning the hand.

The casino might as well post a sign at the table stating WARNING: THIS RAKE IS UNBEATABLE.
At least he gets his bet back. There are places here in Socal where at a 1/2 game, if one person limps, the SB folds and the BB checks the pot is a big zilch! Everybody loses!
gwjones00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #106
acescracked84
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Beautiful Southern California
Posts: 1,284
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwjones00 View Post
At least he gets his bet back. There are places here in Socal where at a 1/2 game, if one person limps, the SB folds and the BB checks the pot is a big zilch! Everybody loses!
That's why nobody should really open limp at LLSNL. Complaining about the rake is pretty pointless. California games below 2/5 NL are not beatable for a decent wage and anyone who thinks otherwise is on a heater.
acescracked84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #107
thenextguy
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 98
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

What time do the 5/5 games usually start on Saturday morning? Or do they run 24/7 on the weekends?
thenextguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #108
PhOeNiXpHrEaK
journeyman
 
PhOeNiXpHrEaK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 397
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescracked84 View Post
That's why nobody should really open limp at LLSNL. Complaining about the rake is pretty pointless. California games below 2/5 NL are not beatable for a decent wage and anyone who thinks otherwise is on a heater.
So, if someone has say a $4k starting BR, and has some experience playing online and live, should they jump into the 2/5NL ($500BI?) game right away? Assuming they can beat the game at all, is it okay to jump into a game with only 8BIs for BRM?
PhOeNiXpHrEaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:55 AM   #109
serio562
veteran
 
serio562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,496
^Maybe buy in for $300-400?
serio562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #110
gambit1983
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 112
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

how is omaha hi lo here. is there always a table going.
gambit1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:06 AM   #111
EZmoney74
grinder
 
EZmoney74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 523
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Almost always 4-8 h/l going. But, the players are some of the worst(attitude, demeanor) around.
EZmoney74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #112
charmy
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 50
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

I'm thinking about playing in the $20/$40 OE game at the Bicycle Casino for the first time. Is this game loose or tight? What is the rake structure? Is there a full kill or half kill? For the E portion, what is the ante and bring-in? Thank you in advance.
charmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #113
Razz pro
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmy View Post
I'm thinking about playing in the $20/$40 OE game at the Bicycle Casino for the first time. Is this game loose or tight? What is the rake structure? Is there a full kill or half kill? For the E portion, what is the ante and bring-in? Thank you in advance.
Game depends on who's in it.

Its a $5 drop per hand.

There's actually no kill at all, just a mandatory action bet of $20 if you scoop +$200 pot.

E has a 3 ante and 5 bring in.

Expect some big names to show up once in awhile.
Razz pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #114
The Ocean
grinder
 
The Ocean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: California
Posts: 685
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turntup74 View Post
1/2 $40-$60 buy-in
1/3 $80-$120 buy-in
2/3 $100-$300 buy-in
3/5 $200-$500 buy-in
5/5 $300-$1000 buy-in
5/10 $500-uncapped buy-in
Could you or anyone also write down this info for the all the limit games and OE also please, thanks
The Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #115
Turntup74
old hand
 
Turntup74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Floating OOP with 8 high
Posts: 1,666
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocean View Post
Could you or anyone also write down this info for the all the limit games and OE also please, thanks
All the limit games have the same structure buy-in. It is 5 big bets i believe
Turntup74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #116
Ainslie Street
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 235
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

I'll be in SoCal next week. Looking for 3-5 $500BI NLHE. Would the Bicycle have multiple tables going at almost all hours or should I stick with Commerce?
Ainslie Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #117
acescracked84
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Beautiful Southern California
Posts: 1,284
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainslie Street View Post
I'll be in SoCal next week. Looking for 3-5 $500BI NLHE. Would the Bicycle have multiple tables going at almost all hours or should I stick with Commerce?
Bike will have at least a couple 5-5 300-1k games. Commerce will have 3+ 5/5 300-500 games.
acescracked84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #118
Prodigy
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 844
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmy View Post
I'm thinking about playing in the $20/$40 OE game at the Bicycle Casino for the first time. Is this game loose or tight? What is the rake structure? Is there a full kill or half kill? For the E portion, what is the ante and bring-in? Thank you in advance.
How strong and stable is this game? Does it go around the clock, are there must move games? Any insight or information about the 20-40 OE would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #119
Ainslie Street
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 235
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescracked84 View Post
Bike will have at least a couple 5-5 300-1k games. Commerce will have 3+ 5/5 300-500 games.
Just to clarify, I have an email from a Samuel Quinto at Commerce saying the blinds for their 300-500 game are 3/5. Is this incorrect?
Ainslie Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #120
eco74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,500
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainslie Street View Post
Just to clarify, I have an email from a Samuel Quinto at Commerce saying the blinds for their 300-500 game are 3/5. Is this incorrect?
Incorrect.

The blinds for the $300-$500 buyin game are 5/5, while the blinds for the $200 min/max are 3/5. When in doubt, ask anyone who isn't employed at the place because so many of them have no idea what they're talking about.
eco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #121
Ainslie Street
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 235
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco74 View Post
Incorrect.

The blinds for the $300-$500 buyin game are 5/5, while the blinds for the $200 min/max are 3/5. When in doubt, ask anyone who isn't employed at the place because so many of them have no idea what they're talking about.
Wow. Thanks for the tip. That's amazing.

I'm not used to a 5-5 game, but I'm sure not playing a 3-5 game with a $200 cap! Sounds like a formula for a shove fest.

Guess I'll give the Bike a try and see how it goes. I was a regular there in the early nineties. Coming back could be fun.
Ainslie Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #122
serio562
veteran
 
serio562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,496
FWIW free food at the Bike.
serio562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #123
eco74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,500
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainslie Street View Post
Wow. Thanks for the tip. That's amazing.

I'm not used to a 5-5 game, but I'm sure not playing a 3-5 game with a $200 cap! Sounds like a formula for a shove fest.

Guess I'll give the Bike a try and see how it goes. I was a regular there in the early nineties. Coming back could be fun.

5/5 and 3/5 play exactly the same. Only thing that makes them play differently is the buyin.

Bike is 5/5 also, with the $300-$1000 buyin.
eco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #124
Brown Keeper
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco74 View Post
Incorrect.

The blinds for the $300-$500 buyin game are 5/5, while the blinds for the $200 min/max are 3/5. When in doubt, ask anyone who isn't employed at the place because so many of them have no idea what they're talking about.
3/5 is 500 cap per live at the bike episode last week
Brown Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:22 AM   #125
The Ocean
grinder
 
The Ocean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: California
Posts: 685
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

[QUOTE=serio562;40511411] FWIW free food at the Bike.

is that for any stakes ? and that promo of earn $160.00 "I think" after playing for 40 hours is that all the time or limited timer offer ?

also why so few replies in this thread and the Commerce one aren't these like the main places to play in USA

Last edited by The Ocean; 10-10-2013 at 05:25 AM. Reason: opps messed up the qoute
The Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online