Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #26
kock
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 227
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwjones00 View Post
Maybe so, but I prefer the 2/3 game at the Bike. You can buy in for 100BBs ($300) and actually play poker.
The problem is everyone else buys in for $100 or $150 and then leaves after doubling up so I wouldn't say you can actually play poker in 2/3. You are probably better off at the 5-10, 5-5 or the 1-3. More chips relative to the blinds there.
kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #27
gwjones00
adept
 
gwjones00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 958
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kock View Post
The problem is everyone else buys in for $100 or $150 and then leaves after doubling up so I wouldn't say you can actually play poker in 2/3. You are probably better off at the 5-10, 5-5 or the 1-3. More chips relative to the blinds there.
It still beats a 2/3 33BB game.
gwjones00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #28
kock
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 227
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwjones00 View Post
It still beats a 2/3 33BB game.
It's actually 1/3 and up to 40 BB. The 2/3 $300 is a horrible game. In theory, it is a good game with up to 100BB buy in but, in actuality, most people only buy in for $100-150 which makes it a 33-50 BB game. Also, add in the fact that half of the players can't afford the game and are only there for the free food, that is when they aren't up walking around, the game plays much worse than the 80-120 game.

If I played in that game I would probably forget about draws and small pocket pairs and hope that my AK beats his AQ for the huge 66BB pot. With the small amount of money in play, the $5 drop and the mandatory $1 tip, I'd be surprised if anyone is a long term winner in that game. If you really want to play poker then go with the 5/5 or the 5/10.

Honestly, the Bike could make the 2/3 game much better by increasing the minimum buy in to $200 and removing the food comps. I mean really, a food comp for $100 buy in? You need to bet $250 a hand in Vegas before you get comped.
kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:03 AM   #29
serio562
veteran
 
serio562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by kock View Post
It's actually 1/3 and up to 40 BB. The 2/3 $300 is a horrible game. In theory, it is a good game with up to 100BB buy in but, in actuality, most people only buy in for $100-150 which makes it a 33-50 BB game. Also, add in the fact that half of the players can't afford the game and are only there for the free food, that is when they aren't up walking around, the game plays much worse than the 80-120 game.

If I played in that game I would probably forget about draws and small pocket pairs and hope that my AK beats his AQ for the huge 66BB pot. With the small amount of money in play, the $5 drop and the mandatory $1 tip, I'd be surprised if anyone is a long term winner in that game. If you really want to play poker then go with the 5/5 or the 5/10.

Honestly, the Bike could make the 2/3 game much better by increasing the minimum buy in to $200 and removing the food comps. I mean really, a food comp for $100 buy in? You need to bet $250 a hand in Vegas before you get comped.
It is strange for a poker player to advocate the removal of comps but I do understand why you state this. I have only played the $300 table once at the Bike so do not have a large enough sample to say whether or not its a good game or not. The only thing I like about the Bike is they allow straddles even at the 40 table(rarely play there).
serio562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #30
rexcharger
grinder
 
rexcharger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: under the gun
Posts: 555
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwjones00 View Post
It still beats a 2/3 33BB game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kock View Post
It's actually 1/3 and up to 40 BB.
GW is referring to the 2/3 $100 @ Commerce
rexcharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #31
kock
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 227
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serio562 View Post
It is strange for a poker player to advocate the removal of comps but I do understand why you state this. I have only played the $300 table once at the Bike so do not have a large enough sample to say whether or not its a good game or not. The only thing I like about the Bike is they allow straddles even at the 40 table(rarely play there).
Just to elaborate, I'm usually all for comps and the food at the Bike is decent but in this case the comps actually detrimental to the game. Giving comps to people who buy in for $100 is comparable to giving a comps to $5 per hand blackjack player. Typically, comps are given to encourage action. But unfortunately at the Bike, people will buy-in for $100, order food for their entire family and then get up and walk until their food arrives. Afterwards, they get up and walk again, only coming back to the table to make sure their Players Card has been scanned. At most So Cal casinos, they don't comp you until you play 5-10, so I am not sure why the Bike tries to cater to low rollers.

With that being said, the dealers and the floor personnel are friendly and mostly amicable. I also have no reservations, like I might have at Hollywood Park, with walking into the parking lot late at night and I like all of the NL games there, except for the 2/3.

As for the straddle, I don't think putting up 2BB in early position in a game where stacks ranges from 20-50 BB is a wise investment. I guess it's good if you aren't actually the one who straddles.
kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #32
kock
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 227
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcharger View Post
GW is referring to the 2/3 $100 @ Commerce
My bad, I didn't think anyone would prefer the 2/3 nit fest at the Bike over the action 2/3 games at the Commerce. I'm not sure that GW realizes even though the buy-in at Commerce is only $100, the average 2/3 stack at Commerce is bigger than the average stack at the Bike.
kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #33
serio562
veteran
 
serio562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,496
Straddles are good for the game because thet create action. If allowed I rarely straddle but dont mind if other players do it. I am going to start mainly plying at Commerce rather than Garden. At garden they stopped the daily cash drawings which I liked.
serio562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #34
MoneyMotivated
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los AnŽeles
Posts: 776
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwjones00 View Post
Maybe so, but I prefer the 2/3 game at the Bike. You can buy in for 100BBs ($300) and actually play poker.
so basically this game is filled with all the lowestakes 2+2ers in socal how can it even be profitable than even with the best structure

nit city?
MoneyMotivated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #35
j9neverlose
adept
 
j9neverlose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,177
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

planning on coming out here for the Million Dollar tourney thing next week. Will there be PLO cash games running at all? 2/5+?
j9neverlose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #36
eco74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,494
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMotivated View Post
so basically this game is filled with all the lowestakes 2+2ers in socal how can it even be profitable than even with the best structure

nit city?
Uh....no.
eco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #37
XMember
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: smallest douche
Posts: 396
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j9neverlose View Post
planning on coming out here for the Million Dollar tourney thing next week. Will there be PLO cash games running at all? 2/5+?
Apparently there is gonna be a big PLO game at the Bike on Friday hosted by Limon. I got a seat locked up and will give a trip report if anything interesting happens.
XMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #38
Turntup74
old hand
 
Turntup74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Floating OOP with 8 high
Posts: 1,666
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA'sFriendliest View Post
Apparently there is gonna be a big PLO game at the Bike on Friday hosted by Limon. I got a seat locked up and will give a trip report if anything interesting happens.
They should put this game on Live at the Bike. He said he was gonna get drunk and buy in for 100k right? I might just go down there to rail it for a while
Turntup74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #39
UntilTheNDofTimE
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 56
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Hey guys new here.

Im from northern california and mostly play 2/5 with a average buy in of 1,000. Ive played at the commerce a few times and enjoy playing the 5-10, 500-1500 buyin game. I'll be at the bike this weekend and was wanting to know if the bike has a comparable game. From reading here i see they spread a 2/3 3/5 5/5 and 5/10. Is the bike worth playing at any of their higher limit game or is it better to just tale a trip to the commerce.

Thanks.
UntilTheNDofTimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #40
Turntup74
old hand
 
Turntup74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Floating OOP with 8 high
Posts: 1,666
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

The 5/10 game should be pretty good this weekend at the bike. Winnin o the green is still in town and that has brought a lot of action to the plaza level (top section).

Also, the 5/10 is uncapped so there gets to be a lot of money on the table. The 5/5 300-500 buy in game sound a little small for you, but its a good game if the 5/10 is full

GL!
Turntup74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #41
Fold_Pls
grinder
 
Fold_Pls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 682
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

the 5/10 game at the Bike is uncap and you'll find a few ppl buy in for 2-5k..should be a fun game.
Fold_Pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #42
MoneyMotivated
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los AnŽeles
Posts: 776
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco74 View Post
Uh....no.
great response really helpful


from what i heard that game is really nitty and dead care to explain besides just saying two words
MoneyMotivated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:37 AM   #43
serio562
veteran
 
serio562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,496
I dont like the bike at all. Would ratherplay at commerce or garden
serio562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #44
eco74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,494
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMotivated View Post
great response really helpful


from what i heard that game is really nitty and dead care to explain besides just saying two words

It was your "filled with all the low stakes 2+2ers" comment along with the gross generalization that irked me. The 2+2 crowd is nothing but a drop in the puddle in LA. It doesn't take nitty 2+2ers to nit up a game, and to describe that $100-$300 game at the Bike as "really nitty and dead" is a gross generalization. You will get those tables, and you will get insanely loose ones too. It's a game that can have 8-10 tables going so they won't all be the same.
eco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #45
Fold_Pls
grinder
 
Fold_Pls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 682
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

who says 2+2ers are nits?
Fold_Pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #46
eco74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,494
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fold_Pls View Post
who says 2+2ers are nits?
Exactly. I've encountered some pretty terrible players who post here.
eco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #47
kock
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 227
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco74 View Post
It was your "filled with all the low stakes 2+2ers" comment along with the gross generalization that irked me. The 2+2 crowd is nothing but a drop in the puddle in LA. It doesn't take nitty 2+2ers to nit up a game, and to describe that $100-$300 game at the Bike as "really nitty and dead" is a gross generalization. You will get those tables, and you will get insanely loose ones too. It's a game that can have 8-10 tables going so they won't all be the same.
Most $100-300 games at the Bike are nitty. Not sure what your beef is. How loose is a game going to get when people buy in for $100 and then spend half the time walking around? 8-10 tables only occur when a major tournament is in town. Usually, there are maybe 4-5 tables filled with the same nitty regs. Ya, most of them have probably never heard of 2+2 but that doesn't mean they don't know how to wait for premium hands and if someone gets hot and runs their stack up to 200BB you can usually count on them ordering food and then changing tables. Loose games are the exception, not the norm.
kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #48
kock
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 227
Re: Bicycle Casino (Los Angeles, CA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco74 View Post
Exactly. I've encountered some pretty terrible players who post here.
That may be true but I am pretty sure the average 2+2 player is much better than the average poker player.
kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #49
serio562
veteran
 
serio562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,496
On average there is more action at commerce and garden than the Bike.
serio562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #50
serio562
veteran
 
serio562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,496
Bump...50k freeroll on july 23 with 50 hours played between now and day of tournament. I believe all poker tables are eligible.
serio562 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online