Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2018, 01:00 PM   #451
RhodyGuy
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 773
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh View Post
It is rare because FinCEN basically told all casinos they would not permit it any longer, since it creates a loophole in their anti-money-laundering capabilities and reporting requirements. This is why many rooms have also stopped "allowing" players to sell chips to other players for cash - these transactions occur outside of the casinos flow control procedures.

I'm surprised that MS and FW still allow it - it must be because their tribal status allows them to ignore FinCEN rules?
Yes, it very well could be as the tribes have an inherent right to govern themselves as part of their constitutional status.
RhodyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:42 PM   #452
psandman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
psandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vegas
Posts: 15,594
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

I'm pretty certain they have to comply with title 31. If they had an inherent right to government themselves they could open casinos without state compacts or oversight from BIA.

There status is very complex.
psandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:37 PM   #453
zoogenhiem
adept
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,118
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh View Post
I'm surprised that MS and FW still allow it - it must be because their tribal status allows them to ignore FinCEN rules?
Twin River is non-tribal (it's state-run), and $100s play on poker tables.
zoogenhiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:24 AM   #454
RhodyGuy
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 773
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psandman View Post
I'm pretty certain they have to comply with title 31. If they had an inherent right to government themselves they could open casinos without state compacts or oversight from BIA.

There status is very complex.
I was raising that as a question. It is clear that allowing cash to play isn't mandated by any federal law with zoog pointing out that Twin River in RI also allows it and they are not tribal.
RhodyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM   #455
BMOL33
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 588
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by answer20 View Post
Times are a changing ... In the last two years or so the number of chip runners and casino's Dealers selling chips to players has decreased and probably will be eliminated. There is some Federal law about counterfeit cash that's being touted as the reason why. Casinos are supposed to control who handles the cash, so they push all the poker players to the cage with no cash being allowed on the table anymore.

My most visited casino wont even allow players to give other players cash at the table in exchange for chips. Chip for chip, fine ... cash for chip, no!

Now I don't really understand how 'every' table game can take in cash but not the poker room but that's what's been going on. I'm sure there's a labor savings portion of that for some rooms.

As far as Floors .. I don't think you will find too many Floors jumping up to handle Player's cash chips in most any room without first calling in the camera when they are removing a player.

Most of us remember the event at the WSOP at Rio where a 10-20 player handed a 'runner' $10K and the guy just walked out the door with it, never to be seen again ... now that's a good runner! GL

I generally donít mind this as I never ever buy chips at the table anywhere. If I want to top up I go to the cage because I want it in reds and donít want to be bothered with a dealer who wants to give me 200$ in green or black. Iím definitely that guy who never colors up in a 1-3 or 2-5 game and refuses black or green chips. I guess I should correct that and say if itís a new table I will get them at the table because I know they are bringing over racks of reds but thatís the exception generally.

I also witnessed disaster fill situations in 1-3 and 2-5 at Bellagio several times
BMOL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:22 PM   #456
davidbauer1313
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOL33 View Post
I generally donít mind this as I never ever buy chips at the table anywhere. If I want to top up I go to the cage because I want it in reds and donít want to be bothered with a dealer who wants to give me 200$ in green or black. Iím definitely that guy who never colors up in a 1-3 or 2-5 game and refuses black or green chips. I guess I should correct that and say if itís a new table I will get them at the table because I know they are bringing over racks of reds but thatís the exception generally.

I also witnessed disaster fill situations in 1-3 and 2-5 at Bellagio several times
I play 1/3 with 500 max buy-in. I buy 500 in red and 5 black chips for my pocket to use or sell to someone. Not really that big of an issue weather or not they have chip runners. Let's be serious here the worst case scenario is you have to walk to the cage and buy chips.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
davidbauer1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #457
karamazonk
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 3,458
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Anyone know what "Mixed Games 7" on the bravo tends to refer to? Is the "7" the time rake or the amount of games being played?
karamazonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:48 PM   #458
BigStack650
adept
 
BigStack650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,035
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazonk View Post
Anyone know what "Mixed Games 7" on the bravo tends to refer to? Is the "7" the time rake or the amount of games being played?
It's a 7 game mix

Sent from my Pixel using 2+2 Forums
BigStack650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:56 PM   #459
chillrob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 11,659
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

I thought it meant the number of players maximum per table.
chillrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:38 PM   #460
Dynasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 25,139
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

I play in that game. It means its a seven-handed game.
Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:22 PM   #461
that_pope
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
that_pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Casino AZ
Posts: 25,145
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

yep
that_pope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 04:59 PM   #462
SenatorKevin
veteran
 
SenatorKevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 2,663
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Is Bellagio using the Sportsbook this year during the WSOP or is the World Cup screwing with that?
SenatorKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:51 AM   #463
Steve00007
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,985
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorKevin View Post
Is Bellagio using the Sportsbook this year during the WSOP or is the World Cup screwing with that?
I walked by earlier and I believe I saw 8 tables there that have recently been set up.
Steve00007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:33 PM   #464
SenatorKevin
veteran
 
SenatorKevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 2,663
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve00007 View Post
I walked by earlier and I believe I saw 8 tables there that have recently been set up.
Great to hear. It's not like MGM PGP was going to pass up an attempt to make some extra bucks. All kidding aside, those additional tables really helped speed up getting a seat in the 5/10 games during the middle of the day.
SenatorKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:43 PM   #465
Tomark
veteran
 
Tomark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,489
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

How juicy are the 5/10 games at bellagio during wsop times? should be there June 22-30
Tomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:45 PM   #466
TR3V
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seat 2
Posts: 362
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomark View Post
How juicy are the 5/10 games at bellagio during wsop times? should be there June 22-30
I will be there playing 5/10 at B that week too, so find my table, and you'll find a high juicy-factor.
TR3V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:59 AM   #467
Tomark
veteran
 
Tomark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,489
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

im pretty new to 5/10, ill be closer to aria (staying at park mgm), but i figure with the $1500 cap itd be a bit less reggy. (aria has $2500 cap)
Tomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:43 PM   #468
SenatorKevin
veteran
 
SenatorKevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 2,663
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomark View Post
im pretty new to 5/10, ill be closer to aria (staying at park mgm), but i figure with the $1500 cap itd be a bit less reggy. (aria has $2500 cap)
I thought the Aria cap was 3k? Did that change in the last few years?

The 5/10 game has a ton of locals who play because of the cap. The game just like any game can be really bad or really good just depending on the player mix. (You'll also get a fair share of 10/20 players just passing time until they get a seat)
SenatorKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:34 AM   #469
Steve00007
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,985
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorKevin View Post
Great to hear. It's not like MGM PGP was going to pass up an attempt to make some extra bucks. All kidding aside, those additional tables really helped speed up getting a seat in the 5/10 games during the middle of the day.
Looks like Bellagio has also added tables inside the poker room. As much as I’d like to see it help the waiting lists, the room feels much more cramped because of it.
Steve00007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:24 AM   #470
Tomark
veteran
 
Tomark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,489
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorKevin View Post
I thought the Aria cap was 3k? Did that change in the last few years?

The 5/10 game has a ton of locals who play because of the cap. The game just like any game can be really bad or really good just depending on the player mix. (You'll also get a fair share of 10/20 players just passing time until they get a seat)
maybe its 3k. Ok good info, sounds like Bellagio will treat me better.
Tomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:43 PM   #471
SenatorKevin
veteran
 
SenatorKevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 2,663
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve00007 View Post
Looks like Bellagio has also added tables inside the poker room. As much as Iíd like to see it help the waiting lists, the room feels much more cramped because of it.
Yeah, I think I saw 50 tables listed on Bravo last night which is more than last year. Kinda makes sense they pack them in during the WSOP I guess. MGM PGP basically requires it.
SenatorKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:32 PM   #472
MrAdvantage
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: a Lannister always pays his debts
Posts: 2,779
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

WSOP action ?
MrAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:37 PM   #473
that_pope
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
that_pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Casino AZ
Posts: 25,145
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

https://www.bravopokerlive.com/
that_pope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 02:08 AM   #474
SenatorKevin
veteran
 
SenatorKevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 2,663
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

It'd be awesome if the B could find a way to add more tables during the WSOP again next year. (or any other room for that matter) Remember when the B poker room was temporarily located on the casino floor in 2005? Just throwing that out there. Get on it MGM beancounters!
SenatorKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:57 PM   #475
SenatorKevin
veteran
 
SenatorKevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 2,663
Re: Bellagio (Las Vegas, NV)

To whoever picked up my dropped 100 dollar chip near table 18 today, please put it good use!
SenatorKevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online