Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #176
High Time John
Verified Smartass
 
High Time John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Livin' the Dream Baby!
Posts: 7,860
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Savage View Post
In today's daily tournament there was a 15 way chop....... Only at Bay 101!
And they started with 3 tables.
High Time John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #177
Matt Savage
Pooh-Bah
 
Matt Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,147
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

In addition to the Full Tilt Satellites the Commerce will be offering two "Next Stop Mega Satellites" for the WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star on February 26th and the 27th on days 2 and 3 of the WPT Commerce Main Event.
Matt Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #178
Greg XIX
centurion
 
Greg XIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

What types of players frequent the Bay 101 Middle-LHE games during the middle of the day? I called a few mins ago and they told me they have 3 8/16's going at the moment. Many Vegas casinos cant do that on a Wednesday afternoon. I assume its mostly grinders. I am visiting family there for a few weeks and hope not to get pulverized. Whats it like at on Weeknights.

Sorry to derail the WPT buzz.
Greg XIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #179
p4594spa
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 594
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

I don't know about during the day, but at night, the 8-16 tables are very loose and aggressive. The 20-40, 40-80, and 80-160 seems way less loose.
p4594spa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #180
Torello
adept
 
Torello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 776
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg XIX View Post
What types of players frequent the Bay 101 Middle-LHE games during the middle of the day? I called a few mins ago and they told me they have 3 8/16's going at the moment. Many Vegas casinos cant do that on a Wednesday afternoon. I assume its mostly grinders. I am visiting family there for a few weeks and hope not to get pulverized. Whats it like at on Weeknights.

Sorry to derail the WPT buzz.
grinding what? not a living certainly. Maybe grinding away a living. Bay has had strong limit action from 3-6 to 40-80 during the middle of weekdays for years. 3 8-16 games is no surprise. It's true that the vast majority of these players are regulars, but that doesn't mean you don't want to play against them. All it means is that they are regularly bad. The 8-16 at bay is neither especially tougher nor weaker than other similar games elsewhere. And it is not the type of cliche low limit game full of regulars who are nitty old men going around in a circle taking turns folding TT preflop.

If you would regularly play an 8-16 and feel comfortable at it, I would recommend the Bay 6-12 or 8-16. You can always get a seat in a decent game and it's a well run room.
Torello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #181
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 26,215
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

It can get pretty laggy. I watched a hand a few months ago that had betting and raising on every street, 4 players made it to showdown, and the winner had Jack high. They were all kinda laughing at each other about it.
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:46 AM   #182
donkitall
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 164
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Garden City has the same action, loose and aggressive maniacs. These people are just giving money away.
donkitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #183
ItsRainingMen
master of your domain
 
ItsRainingMen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: LET THE MARLIN SOARRRRR!!!
Posts: 21,759
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

so i've been to garden city 3 times in the last few months and i keep playing at this table with this one loudmouth buffoon, not sure if he's a reg or if anyone ITT knows his deal

he's this middle aged fattish guy with a mustache, construction worker i think. every single god damned second he's talking about some nonsense, 95% of the time berating everyone around him, players, dealers, floormen. it'd be enough of a nusiance not to play at the same table or just try to have him kicked out except he's god ****ing awful and constantly reloads so what's the point?

generally i don't remember anyone when playing live, but he's the one guy who's actually stood out enough
ItsRainingMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #184
rOBBieD.
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRainingMen View Post
so i've been to garden city 3 times in the last few months and i keep playing at this table with this one loudmouth buffoon, not sure if he's a reg or if anyone ITT knows his deal

he's this middle aged fattish guy with a mustache, construction worker i think. every single god damned second he's talking about some nonsense, 95% of the time berating everyone around him, players, dealers, floormen. it'd be enough of a nusiance not to play at the same table or just try to have him kicked out except he's god ****ing awful and constantly reloads so what's the point?

generally i don't remember anyone when playing live, but he's the one guy who's actually stood out enough
Was he wearing his orange work shirt and using some sort of nextel? If so I know the guy. Very loud, very annoying. There are a lot of degens in there that usually make the experience less than enjoyable. Be it bad hygiene or just any number of other annoying qualities, for the most part gc/bay are not for me. Not to sound too bitchy, but yeah I know who u are talking about. Hopefully one day u get to see him and Pat Lyons go at it, very entertaining.
rOBBieD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #185
AngusThermopyle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AngusThermopyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Floor Yellow
Posts: 14,371
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRainingMen View Post
so i've been to garden city 3 times in the last few months and i keep playing at this table with this one loudmouth buffoon, not sure if he's a reg or if anyone ITT knows his deal

he's this middle aged fattish guy with a mustache, construction worker i think. every single god damned second he's talking about some nonsense, 95% of the time berating everyone around him, players, dealers, floormen. it'd be enough of a nusiance not to play at the same table or just try to have him kicked out except he's god ****ing awful and constantly reloads so what's the point?

generally i don't remember anyone when playing live, but he's the one guy who's actually stood out enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rOBBieD. View Post
Was he wearing his orange work shirt and using some sort of nextel? If so I know the guy. Very loud, very annoying. There are a lot of degens in there that usually make the experience less than enjoyable. Be it bad hygiene or just any number of other annoying qualities, for the most part gc/bay are not for me. Not to sound too bitchy, but yeah I know who u are talking about. Hopefully one day u get to see him and Pat Lyons go at it, very entertaining.
If it is who I think it is, he owns his own business.

Gets away with it because he tips everybody. But he has been banned a couple of times because he eventually steps over a line even a $20 tip can't erase.
AngusThermopyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:08 AM   #186
ItsRainingMen
master of your domain
 
ItsRainingMen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: LET THE MARLIN SOARRRRR!!!
Posts: 21,759
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOBBieD. View Post
Was he wearing his orange work shirt and using some sort of nextel? If so I know the guy. Very loud, very annoying. There are a lot of degens in there that usually make the experience less than enjoyable. Be it bad hygiene or just any number of other annoying qualities, for the most part gc/bay are not for me. Not to sound too bitchy, but yeah I know who u are talking about. Hopefully one day u get to see him and Pat Lyons go at it, very entertaining.
that's the guy

i mean i just ****ing hated playing at a table with him but he's so awful that i couldn't justify leaving

yea it's generally a pretty bad vibe at the place when i go but sometimes i've just got an itch to play live
ItsRainingMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:59 AM   #187
rinchon
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 52
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

I have been playing the $3/5 NL at Lucky Chances for the last few months. As much as I like the game there I am frustrated by the must move table. Today like many days the feeder table was juicy and then they moved me to the main table which had a bunch of nitty regs.

I am planning to switch to Bay 101 or GC. For those of you who have played $3/5 at LC what game at either of those casinos is most similar?
rinchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #188
lybrel
enthusiast
 
lybrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 85
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinchon View Post
I have been playing the $3/5 NL at Lucky Chances for the last few months. As much as I like the game there I am frustrated by the must move table. Today like many days the feeder table was juicy and then they moved me to the main table which had a bunch of nitty regs.

I am planning to switch to Bay 101 or GC. For those of you who have played $3/5 at LC what game at either of those casinos is most similar?
Garden now has this "deep stack 2/3/5" which has a max buy in of $1500.

Avoid it, however, because it seems to attract only old nits.

In terms of playability, both casinos have more action that LC thanks to all the props getting fired last Thursday. In general, Bay is better for limit games and Garden is better for no limit games, with the Saturday 10/10/20 games by far the most profitable.
lybrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:34 PM   #189
rinchon
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 52
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Thanks, Lybrel. Exactly what I was looking for.
rinchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #190
chillrob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 9,970
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lybrel View Post
Garden now has this "deep stack 2/3/5" which has a max buy in of $1500.

Avoid it, however, because it seems to attract only old nits.

In terms of playability, both casinos have more action that LC thanks to all the props getting fired last Thursday. In general, Bay is better for limit games and Garden is better for no limit games, with the Saturday 10/10/20 games by far the most profitable.
Both casinos just fired all their props, and on the same day?? What is behind that?
chillrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #191
High Time John
Verified Smartass
 
High Time John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Livin' the Dream Baby!
Posts: 7,860
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lybrel View Post
Garden now has this "deep stack 2/3/5" which has a max buy in of $1500.

Avoid it, however, because it seems to attract only old nits.

In terms of playability, both casinos have more action that LC thanks to all the props getting fired last Thursday. In general, Bay is better for limit games and Garden is better for no limit games, with the Saturday 10/10/20 games by far the most profitable.
The buy-in for the deep stack table is 300-1000.
High Time John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #192
deesnuts
veteran
 
deesnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Maltese
Posts: 2,958
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRainingMen View Post
he's this middle aged fattish guy with a mustache
Is this the guy?



I know who your talking about but I wouldn't describe him as "fattish", that would imply he's sorta fat.
deesnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #193
Abelian
adept
 
Abelian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,054
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lybrel View Post
Garden now has this "deep stack 2/3/5" which has a max buy in of $1500.

Avoid it, however, because it seems to attract only old nits.

In terms of playability, both casinos have more action that LC thanks to all the props getting fired last Thursday. In general, Bay is better for limit games and Garden is better for no limit games, with the Saturday 10/10/20 games by far the most profitable.
Is the NL structure basically the same at GC as at Bay? Same stakes, same rake, etc (primarily for the 1/2/2, 2/3/5 games)?

I've played at Bay, but never been to GC. The casino just as nice/safe?
Abelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #194
AlanBostick
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AlanBostick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Value Town (Pronouns: he/him)
Posts: 8,870
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelian View Post
I've played at Bay, but never been to GC. The casino just as nice/safe?
It's just as safe, but a notch or two down on the "nice" scale.
AlanBostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #195
lybrel
enthusiast
 
lybrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 85
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Time John View Post
The buy-in for the deep stack table is 300-1000.
Sorry... I remember someone rebuying for $1500.

Abelian, as discussed elsewhere, your win-rate in 1/2/3 is going to be significantly less than 2/3/5 because the rake is the same at all tables and there are far more gambling types in the 2/3/5 game. 5/10 is still obviously the best bet.

Bay has better limit games, in general, because they have more players for their higher limit games (20/40+) and they have several games going at all times.

Also of note: Garden has (had?) this 5/5 No Limit Omaha game on Wednesday afternoon that plays as a "Gentlemen's PLO". For you PLO kiddies out there, this game is free money.
lybrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #196
donkitall
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 164
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Garden City limit games are just as good, if not better than Bay. Plenty of action in the 6-12/8-16 games. Smaller 3-6 game can be fantastic or tight, just like any other room.

Reminds me of the constant Vegas question, "where's the best games??" Depends on the lineup, that goes for everywhere. Garden City and Bay can have a good game or a bad one, depends on the lineup.

They just changed their bigger game from 20/40 to 15/30. Plenty of action in that game, some players have moved from $2 chip games to take a shot, old 20/40 players are a bit looser because the game is a bit smaller.

The 2-3-5 games depend on the lineup, just like any game. I've played both types of 2-3-5 at GC. I've played on tight tables and loose tables on both the regular and deep stack games. Same with the 1-2-3, some of those have a ton of action, others are tight.

Its a safe place to go, definitely a different vibe than Bay 101. Just depends on what you are looking for. Both places have good games, many players play at both places.

As for the "fattish" guy, most have him pegged. He can be loud, obtrusive, at times obnoxious. He isn't a bad guy. I've played 3-6 with him before, he is action, gets others to loosen up their play because they want to beat him. As stated he has his own business, tips well, berates the poor floorman at times.

I would recommend both places as far as finding a good game. Good luck.
donkitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #197
chillrob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 9,970
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkitall View Post
They just changed their bigger game from 20/40 to 15/30. Plenty of action in that game, some players have moved from $2 chip games to take a shot, old 20/40 players are a bit looser because the game is a bit smaller.
Which room are you referring to here as having just changed to 15/30?

Also still wondering what happened with the props if anyone knows.
chillrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #198
Abelian
adept
 
Abelian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,054
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lybrel View Post
Abelian, as discussed elsewhere, your win-rate in 1/2/3 is going to be significantly less than 2/3/5 because the rake is the same at all tables and there are far more gambling types in the 2/3/5 game. 5/10 is still obviously the best bet.
Thanks for this. I had been wondering what peoples experience was w/ both of these levels.

I've primarily played 1/2/2 at Bay, but tried out the 2/3/5 game the last couple of times. I didn't notice any big difference in overall player strength, but wasn't sure if this was the norm or not (possibly a little more open limping at the lower limit).

For comparison, I play 100nl pretty exclusively on FTP, and do fairly well. But, I don't have a ton of experience live yet.
Abelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #199
donkitall
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 164
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillrob View Post
Which room are you referring to here as having just changed to 15/30?
Garden City
donkitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #200
Captain R
Wot
 
Captain R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Far far away, wild swans skim...
Posts: 7,316
Re: Bay 101, San Jose CA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillrob View Post
Also still wondering what happened with the props if anyone knows.
My good friend is one of the props that was fired. They basically just brought everyone together for a meeting at 1pm last week, and got rid of them all. Something about "there may be a state law coming down that makes it illegal for casino employees to play", but this is obviously a crock of **** and is probably just their lame excuse for getting rid of all of their props.

They definitely had way too many props employed, so my guess is that this is their way of reducing it without having to have legitimate reasons to fire individuals. I wouldn't be surprised if they hire a few back in a few months.
Captain R is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online