Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #601
MikeSki
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,551
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

Will be going to atlantic city early January with 4-5 guys. any rec ideas? also, what hotel offers the best bang for your buck? I'm sure there's post somewhere itt that covers this but if someone could give me some recommendations, that would be great. thanks

poker room in the hotel would be a bonus.
MikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #602
blah45
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 827
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

opinion on the CET bad beat staying put still july 19th? and also anywhere to find a up to date bad beat display online?
blah45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #603
FromACtoLV
old hand
 
FromACtoLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: FtheNYY/ROUNDERAK on NJ sites
Posts: 1,864
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah45 View Post
opinion on the CET bad beat staying put still july 19th? and also anywhere to find a up to date bad beat display online?
Chill. It's not lasting another month.
FromACtoLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #604
chacharu33
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 517
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

Which Caesars tower have the best room(regular classic room)?
chacharu33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #605
Oxata
Pooh-Bah
 
Oxata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,730
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSki View Post
Will be going to atlantic city early January with 4-5 guys. any rec ideas? also, what hotel offers the best bang for your buck? I'm sure there's post somewhere itt that covers this but if someone could give me some recommendations, that would be great. thanks

poker room in the hotel would be a bonus.
In my opinion the Borgata and the Taj Chairman Tower have the best standard rooms but a lot of people don't like the Taj. I would try and stay at the Borgata if you can afford it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacharu33 View Post
Which Caesars tower have the best room(regular classic room)?
The Ocean Tower has the nicest rooms. The Centurion Tower has nice rooms too but the Ocean Tower is the nicest.
Oxata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #606
Air Jamaica
adept
 
Air Jamaica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale to the MIA
Posts: 922
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Jamaica View Post
I had a furnished studio with a balcony and a shared pool two blocks from the beach for $750/mo (including utilities, cable, and internet) in Brigantine during the off season. I paid in cash upfront so she knocked it down a bit but it'll still be cheaper than most. I can PM you the landlady's number when I get home. I'm at Borgata until Friday.
Sent.
Air Jamaica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #607
PairPressure
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 536
Softer 2/5 games in AC?

Just curious where you people think is the softer 2/5 game in AC?
PairPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #608
EADGBE
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
EADGBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,643
Re: Softer 2/5 games in AC?

taj

Last edited by EADGBE; 06-26-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: what do you mean YOU PEOPLE
EADGBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #609
billy8904
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 60
how do you get a suite in AC on the weekend!!!???

i dunno if this is the right place or not but feel free to move it. i am planning a big trip down to AC with a bunch of friends And i want to get a nice suite. but when i called (ceasares entertainment, total rewards) they said the suites are only available sun-thur. so i cant get one friday and sat night when i am going lol.only thing she said was available was a regular room. and granted i am going in the middle of august so plenty of time in advance. so is the only way to get a suite on the weekend to be a high roller or whale or something??

just curious as to what everyone else thinks or if they get suites how they do it.
billy8904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #610
Oxata
Pooh-Bah
 
Oxata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,730
Re: Softer 2/5 games in AC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EADGBE View Post
taj
I second this. The 2/5 at the Taj is softer than Borgata in general.
Oxata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #611
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suffern, NY
Posts: 7,732
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

but u gota ask yourself is the risk worth the reward
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #612
Oxata
Pooh-Bah
 
Oxata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,730
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

The food sucks, that's the major drawback at the Taj to me. Much better at Borgata. Some don't like the Taj's cleanliness. While I do think it can get bad, I also think it's exaggerated how bad it is there. However, whenever there is a crime story in AC, it's usually at the Taj.
Oxata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #613
playertee
Pooh-Bah
 
playertee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Motor City!
Posts: 4,985
Hey guys
Visiting over the weekend, where r the softest 1/2nl and plo games in AC?
Thanks
playertee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #614
Saul T. Nutz
adept
 
Saul T. Nutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 821
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
The food sucks, that's the major drawback at the Taj to me. Much better at Borgata. Some don't like the Taj's cleanliness. While I do think it can get bad, I also think it's exaggerated how bad it is there. However, whenever there is a crime story in AC, it's usually at the Taj.
I'm not so sure it's exaggerated. A couple months ago I remember someone got bedbug bites waiting in the Taj bus lobby...
Saul T. Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #615
p0k3rhack3r
grinder
 
p0k3rhack3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC weekdays & AC/PA on weekends
Posts: 581
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul T. Nutz View Post
I'm not so sure it's exaggerated. A couple months ago I remember someone got bedbug bites waiting in the Taj bus lobby...
This wouldn't surprise me because they let the homeless in there at night....
p0k3rhack3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #616
Saul T. Nutz
adept
 
Saul T. Nutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 821
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0k3rhack3r View Post
This wouldn't surprise me because they let the homeless in there at night....
Are you sure at night? I've been in the poker room and I don't think they wait until night to let the homeless in.

Spoiler:
Saul T. Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #617
p0k3rhack3r
grinder
 
p0k3rhack3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC weekdays & AC/PA on weekends
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul T. Nutz View Post
Are you sure at night? I've been in the poker room and I don't think they wait until night to let the homeless in.

Spoiler:
Funny!

It's another reason to move to Revel. Bye-bye Taj (for awhile).....
p0k3rhack3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #618
playertee
Pooh-Bah
 
playertee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Motor City!
Posts: 4,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by playertee View Post
Hey guys
Visiting over the weekend, where r the softest 1/2nl and plo games in AC?
Thanks
Bump?
playertee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #619
p0k3rhack3r
grinder
 
p0k3rhack3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC weekdays & AC/PA on weekends
Posts: 581
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

Try showboat and maybe caesars... Most PLO games are at the Borg, IMHO...
p0k3rhack3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #620
Lovesantiques
A Classic
 
Lovesantiques's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Castle, Delaware
Posts: 3,850
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

To playertee:

1/2 games are much the same (from what I can tell) all over the city. I haven't played at most rooms though of late (mostly I play at Bally's and Harrah's, rarely at Borgata or Revel, elsewhere not at all in years) so my information may be off.

PLO may go at Borgata, but I can't recall hearing of it anywhere else except on rare occasions. Caesar's and Harrah's, probably, when they have the Circuit events in town. Otherwise, it isn't much of an A.C. phenomenon.

Lee
Lovesantiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #621
stoopmonkey
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 716
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesantiques View Post
To playertee:

1/2 games are much the same (from what I can tell) all over the city. I haven't played at most rooms though of late (mostly I play at Bally's and Harrah's, rarely at Borgata or Revel, elsewhere not at all in years) so my information may be off.

PLO may go at Borgata, but I can't recall hearing of it anywhere else except on rare occasions. Caesar's and Harrah's, probably, when they have the Circuit events in town. Otherwise, it isn't much of an A.C. phenomenon.

Lee
I played 1/2 PLO at showboat sevel times, about 4 months ago though...
stoopmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #622
Air Jamaica
adept
 
Air Jamaica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale to the MIA
Posts: 922
PLO was running pretty regularly at Borgata for the four months that I was grinding there. I'd say four days a week there was a 1/2.
Air Jamaica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #623
Barbiaux
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,426
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

My wife and I are going to travel to Atlantic City on Aug. 4th (sat) for 1 night. We are bringing along her brother who is turning 21. I would like to stay in a casino so we do not have to worry about driving but I am finding all of the rooms are over $200. Can anyone suggest a way to get a room mid summer on a Sat night for a more budget friendly trip. I do play poker so are there any places that I can guarantee myself a poker rate instead of just hoping they give me one if I play.

Also we are not the "partying" type but we would like to show her brother a good time. What can you suggest that we do with him for the 2 days. We plan on leaving Pittsburgh around 4 in the morning and arriving a little before noon then getting a hotel for Sat. night and driving home Sunday.

Thanks for any help....
Barbiaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #624
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suffern, NY
Posts: 7,732
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbiaux View Post
My wife and I are going to travel to Atlantic City on Aug. 4th (sat) for 1 night. We are bringing along her brother who is turning 21. I would like to stay in a casino so we do not have to worry about driving but I am finding all of the rooms are over $200. Can anyone suggest a way to get a room mid summer on a Sat night for a more budget friendly trip. I do play poker so are there any places that I can guarantee myself a poker rate instead of just hoping they give me one if I play.

Also we are not the "partying" type but we would like to show her brother a good time. What can you suggest that we do with him for the 2 days. We plan on leaving Pittsburgh around 4 in the morning and arriving a little before noon then getting a hotel for Sat. night and driving home Sunday.

Thanks for any help....
I am sorry to report that you are not going to find any cheaper rooms on a Sat. night in August, even if you were a poker player with a track record it will be hard to get a poker rate unless it is booked well in advance. The regular rates are around 300 bucks.

However you can check out some of the smaller hotels around the area but yes you would have to drive about 20 minutes to the casino but if this is a vacation-like stay, I would rather pay the 250-329 a night at a casino.

If you wana stay at the casino shop around, book the lowest rate, then keep checking back because if they're not as busy as expected they will lower the rates a week or so before and you can cancel your orignial one after you make the new reservation.
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #625
p0k3rhack3r
grinder
 
p0k3rhack3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC weekdays & AC/PA on weekends
Posts: 581
Re: Atlantic City General Discussion

Bad news for AC... 5 properties potentially in trouble...

"If gaming demand goes through another prolonged downturn, companies with heavy debt loads, known as leverage, could be vulnerable, Moody’s predicted. Companies characterized at “greatest risk” include Revel and Caesars Entertainment, the owner of the Bally’s, Caesars, Harrah’s Resort and Showboat casinos in Atlantic City."

Revel not giving Atlantic City much of a boost, Moody's Investors Service finds
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/c...9bb2963f4.html
p0k3rhack3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online