Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Venues & Communities Discussion of live, legal poker venues, and discussion among players in live poker "neighborhoods."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2018, 07:33 PM   #6176
Ray Zee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: montana usa
Posts: 13,885
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

why didnt he just post a blank video or did he just want to see his own face.
Ray Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:01 PM   #6177
chillrob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 11,999
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Zee View Post
why didnt he just post a blank video or did he just want to see his own face.
Looked like he just wanted to remind people that the golf course is still open.
chillrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:10 PM   #6178
jcorb
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: banishment land
Posts: 2,018
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

latest rumor is there is structural damage and the city/county inspectors want foundations rebuilt. This is going to be expensive.
jcorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:20 PM   #6179
Ray Zee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: montana usa
Posts: 13,885
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

i guess they can raise the rake to cover it.
Ray Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:03 PM   #6180
Kevin J
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,948
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

They just raised the rake this past January. Also, while the poker room remains our biggest interest, I'm guessing that lost poker revenue is the least of their concerns.

I'm no PR expert, but I think they should probably stop issuing statements that don't contain an exact reopening date that sticks. It's becoming a bad look and just draws attention to the fact that nobody there has any idea when it will be and/or the extent of what still needs to be done. It's understandable they want to preserve hope for employees, regular customers, and all those with winter travel plans that involve TSR, but there comes a point where too many false dates and rumors produce a negative impact on image and credibility and I think we're there.

Last edited by Kevin J; 09-11-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Kevin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #6181
that_pope
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
that_pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Casino AZ
Posts: 25,407
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

That's why I troll them on twitter everytime they advertise an upcoming concert, etc. Tickets go on sale in two weeks for a concert in Dec! Are you going to be open by then? Also, Kevin J probably getting grumpy with his new commute.

that_pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:43 PM   #6182
DeathDonkey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DeathDonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 12,411
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin J View Post
They just raised the rake this past January. Also, while the poker room remains our biggest interest, I'm guessing that lost poker revenue is the least of their concerns.

I'm no PR expert, but I think they should probably stop issuing statements that don't contain an exact reopening date that sticks. It's becoming a bad look and just draws attention to the fact that nobody there has any idea when it will be and/or the extent of what still needs to be done. It's understandable they want to preserve hope for employees, regular customers, and all those with winter travel plans that involve TSR, but there comes a point where too many false dates and rumors produce a negative impact on image and credibility and I think we're there.
Nod unfortunately they passed this point within the first couple days after the incident. Under promise and over deliver are words to live by
DeathDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #6183
synth_floyd
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,584
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_pope View Post
This guy knows stuff!

Could they have picked someone with a little less enthusiasm?
synth_floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:56 PM   #6184
that_pope
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
that_pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Casino AZ
Posts: 25,407
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

Halloween opening confirmed? Or more of their horrible PR?

that_pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #6185
TonySoprano
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 289
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

Gonna guess that’s a marketing **** up lol
TonySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #6186
DeadMoneyWalking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DeadMoneyWalking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bloody Bullocks Balderdash
Posts: 27,337
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

Are they rotating the TSR workers in at their other casino? I cannot imagine the staff can survive this long on whatever they're getting.
DeadMoneyWalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:31 PM   #6187
OnTheRail15
Pooh-Bah
 
OnTheRail15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Somewhere else
Posts: 4,263
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoneyWalking View Post
Are they rotating the TSR workers in at their other casino? I cannot imagine the staff can survive this long on whatever they're getting.


They are getting base pay + 70% of tips. Plus lots are taking side gigs (uber etc)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OnTheRail15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:55 PM   #6188
mongidig
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,530
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

I've heard a lot of employees are helping with the demo and clean up.

It looks like they are taking reservations on line starting November 1st. I don't know if that means anything but they are not taking reservations prior to that.

I played golf the other day with a guy who works banquets and he said he is getting emails saying they are opening up in late September or at least something is opening up.

The fact that nobody really knows anything at this point is not a good sign anything good is gonna happen soon.
mongidig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #6189
mongidig
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,530
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin J View Post
They just raised the rake this past January. Also, while the poker room remains our biggest interest, I'm guessing that lost poker revenue is the least of their concerns.

I'm no PR expert, but I think they should probably stop issuing statements that don't contain an exact reopening date that sticks. It's becoming a bad look and just draws attention to the fact that nobody there has any idea when it will be and/or the extent of what still needs to be done. It's understandable they want to preserve hope for employees, regular customers, and all those with winter travel plans that involve TSR, but there comes a point where too many false dates and rumors produce a negative impact on image and credibility and I think we're there.
The scary part is that they don't seem to be denying any of the rumors.
mongidig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:00 PM   #6190
jcorb
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: banishment land
Posts: 2,018
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

Which makes one wonder why they just don't come clean and tell what happened. In this age of social media and a camera/video recorder in everyone's hand, snap some pics, take a vid and tell your customer's what's up.

for instance '...the electrical switchgear in the basement was not protected adequately for storm run off. We have slit the project manager's nut sack and hung him from a cactus out front as a warning to others. The gear was custom made by Siemans in Switzerland and as a result of getting thoroughly soaked by pretty much raw sewage, all the electronics and relays have to be scrapped and we have to start over from scratch. The SCADA system along with the phone/communications gear was also compromised and all has to be redone. This is all incredibly complicated and takes a lot of time...'

there. what's so hard about that?
jcorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:34 PM   #6191
Kevin J
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,948
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorb View Post
Which makes one wonder why they just don't come clean and tell what happened. In this age of social media and a camera/video recorder in everyone's hand, snap some pics, take a vid and tell your customer's what's up.

for instance '...the electrical switchgear in the basement was not protected adequately for storm run off. We have slit the project manager's nut sack and hung him from a cactus out front as a warning to others.
Because such an admission could lead to insurance claims being delayed or outright denied, which I already suspect is part of the hold up.

Last edited by Kevin J; 09-15-2018 at 06:37 PM. Reason: That's just speculation and opinion and not based on any factual evidence
Kevin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:44 PM   #6192
jcorb
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: banishment land
Posts: 2,018
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

saw an article that says they are self insured, like most big companies, but maybe so.
jcorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:55 PM   #6193
DeadMoneyWalking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DeadMoneyWalking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bloody Bullocks Balderdash
Posts: 27,337
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig View Post
I've heard a lot of employees are helping with the demo and clean up.

It looks like they are taking reservations on line starting November 1st. I don't know if that means anything but they are not taking reservations prior to that.

I played golf the other day with a guy who works banquets and he said he is getting emails saying they are opening up in late September or at least something is opening up.

The fact that nobody really knows anything at this point is not a good sign anything good is gonna happen soon.
It's a good start. Just because the staff is cashing their checks on leave in no way means they will show up for work on whatever Day. Like the players, they may have discovered there is life outside of casinos
DeadMoneyWalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:43 PM   #6194
Kevin J
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,948
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

9/24 seems pretty official now
Kevin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:50 PM   #6195
Quadstriker
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Quadstriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,050
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

https://www.facebook.com/SRPMIC/phot...type=3&theater

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...n-september-24

Yep lock it in and spread the word.
Quadstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:33 AM   #6196
that_pope
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
that_pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Casino AZ
Posts: 25,407
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

that_pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:17 PM   #6197
Howard Beale
Formerly red
 
Howard Beale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Doing what my dog wants
Posts: 21,233
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

Email just came in saying the poker room BBJ will be $100K on the 24th when they reopen at 12 p.m.
Howard Beale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:14 PM   #6198
persianpunisher
adept
 
persianpunisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 855
Re: The Arena Poker Room at Casino Arizona's Talking Stick Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) -- FAQ in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Beale View Post
Email just came in saying the poker room BBJ will be $100K on the 24th when they reopen at 12 p.m.
Came here to say this! That's getting me in the door. I'm just glad I won't have to go back to WHP again.
persianpunisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online