Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTTSNG Discussion and analysis of MTTSNGs.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
furo
deviation of equilibrium
 
furo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 29,644
*** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

This is the official MTTSNG thread for a quick linecheck or if you want a question to be answered quickly.
Be precise with your question and explain the spot to get good responses.
As always, be polite to other posters and treat each other with respect.


Example:

I have a scenario that I was a bit confused about when it came up:

It's the hand for hand on the exact bubble of a $15 180, blinds 600/1200/125 antes, here is the small blind with only 50 chips behind after posting ante + SB.

Hero notices that someone has busted already as "smallest stack" is now 0. Hero can safely assume that the busted player had him covered because his own stack is so small.

Dealt to Hero: 72

UTG raises to 3600, MP calls, Hero ?

edit: And if we are folding 72o, what is the bottom of our calling range?


GL
the mods
furo is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
ftn_chris
Pooh-Bah
 
ftn_chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: bay area
Posts: 5,542
Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

win it you're at ~2500 with a stack that isnt worth much more than a mincash, lose you bust. you're like 25% to win it. would be more interesting if you had KK, no? get picked by AWice for the protege experiment and maybe he'll do the math for you!

Last edited by ftn_chris; 08-12-2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: i dont know if this was an example as in "heres how you post" or a "heres the first one" :(
ftn_chris is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
eNd0x
centurion
 
eNd0x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Slum Village
Posts: 181
Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

woof
eNd0x is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
ftn_chris
Pooh-Bah
 
ftn_chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: bay area
Posts: 5,542
Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

oh i didnt even see that mp called

MAYBE FOR YOUR NEXT EXAMPLE YOU SHOULD HAVE A HH FORMAT THAT DOESNT SUCK.

<3
ftn_chris is offline  
Old 08-13-2011, 03:06 AM   #5
Camzace
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,352
Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

Calling range is very VERY narrow in this spot. Guaranteed $30 or something with the gtd bubble boy. Even if we call and win (which is so so unlikely) we only have a stack worth 3875. Think my calling range is either KK+ or AA
Camzace is offline  
Old 08-13-2011, 05:24 AM   #6
furo
deviation of equilibrium
 
furo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 29,644
Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftn_chris View Post
oh i didnt even see that mp called

MAYBE FOR YOUR NEXT EXAMPLE YOU SHOULD HAVE A HH FORMAT THAT DOESNT SUCK.

<3
gotcha chris
good advice
also for everyone else!
furo is offline  
Old 08-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
SMUTTTT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SMUTTTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,125
Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

SMUTTTT is offline  
Old 08-14-2011, 01:19 AM   #8
dmindoh
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 115
Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

Hey. I just want to know if I'm playing way out of line here, or if this shove is correct. It's the bubble of a 45man turbo. No maniacs or superdonks at the table from the stats I got, so I'm not counting on any light calls. So assuming I will be called very tight, is this shove +EV, or am I just way to loose here?

    Poker Stars, $3.19 Buy-in (400/800 blinds, 50 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 8 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #10269172

    SB: 9,621 (12 bb)
    BB: 9,209 (11.5 bb)
    Hero (UTG+2): 16,077 (20.1 bb)
    : 7,378 (9.2 bb)
    : 10,360 (13 bb)
    : 5,915 (7.4 bb)
    : 6,782 (8.5 bb)
    BTN: 2,158 (2.7 bb)

    Preflop: (400) Hero is UTG+2 with A 3
    Hero raises to 16,027 and is all-in




    Get the Flash Player to use the Hold'em Manager Replayer.
    dmindoh is offline  
    Old 08-14-2011, 03:25 AM   #9
    PAROOVKA
    journeyman
     
    PAROOVKA's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Posts: 394
    Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

    I'd rather tighten the range, especially in 45-man. People tend to be really nits in them, and, as Chillin Dude said in his thread, you need to start shoving wide from as little as 7-8 BB deep. That deep and from UTG+2, it's fold. You have great stack atm and should wait for much better spots than this.
    PAROOVKA is offline  
    Old 08-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #10
    SandmanNess
    veteran
     
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: Medellin
    Posts: 2,679
    Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmindoh View Post
    Hey. I just want to know if I'm playing way out of line here, or if this shove is correct. It's the bubble of a 45man turbo. No maniacs or superdonks at the table from the stats I got, so I'm not counting on any light calls. So assuming I will be called very tight, is this shove +EV, or am I just way to loose here?

      Poker Stars, $3.19 Buy-in (400/800 blinds, 50 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #10269172

      SB: 9,621 (12 bb)
      BB: 9,209 (11.5 bb)
      Hero (UTG+2): 16,077 (20.1 bb)
      : 7,378 (9.2 bb)
      : 10,360 (13 bb)
      : 5,915 (7.4 bb)
      : 6,782 (8.5 bb)
      BTN: 2,158 (2.7 bb)

      Preflop: (400) Hero is UTG+2 with A 3
      Hero raises to 16,027 and is all-in




      Get the Flash Player to use the Hold'em Manager Replayer.
      Definitely too deep to be shoving here. If MP1 or 2 snap you off, (which is probably more likely than you think) you are in serious trouble. If you really want to get fancy, your stack is technically deep enough to min raise here and call off the button, however be prepared for the BB to come along for the ride and your flop play better be pretty decent because it could get sticky fast. Best is just fold.
      SandmanNess is offline  
      Old 08-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #11
      Bobson
      centurion
       
      Join Date: Dec 2010
      Posts: 133
      Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $100(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1,540)
      BB ($1,715)
      UTG ($1,980)
      UTG+1 ($1,250)
      UTG+2 ($3,275)
      CO ($4,155)
      Hero ($1,300)

      Dealt to Hero K 7

      fold, fold, fold, Hero ??


      7$ 45 man sb/bb are unknown and tight over 40hands

      13bb without Antes from BU - you shove like its a nobrainer?
      Bobson is offline  
      Old 08-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #12
      SandmanNess
      veteran
       
      Join Date: Dec 2010
      Location: Medellin
      Posts: 2,679
      Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Bobson View Post
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $100(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1,540)
      BB ($1,715)
      UTG ($1,980)
      UTG+1 ($1,250)
      UTG+2 ($3,275)
      CO ($4,155)
      Hero ($1,300)

      Dealt to Hero K 7

      fold, fold, fold, Hero ??


      7$ 45 man sb/bb are unknown and tight over 40hands

      13bb without Antes from BU - you shove like its a nobrainer?
      I think the bottom of my range here is K9s Qjs J10s Ax
      SandmanNess is offline  
      Old 08-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
      PAROOVKA
      journeyman
       
      PAROOVKA's Avatar
       
      Join Date: Mar 2011
      Posts: 394
      Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

      It's a boarder spot, and not no-brainer, but against two tight blinds I ship lighter, so it's an easy shove
      PAROOVKA is offline  
      Old 08-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #14
      SMUTTTT
      Carpal \'Tunnel
       
      SMUTTTT's Avatar
       
      Join Date: Jun 2009
      Posts: 7,125
      Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

      Def. not shipping K7s there.
      SMUTTTT is offline  
      Old 08-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #15
      Camzace
      old hand
       
      Join Date: Jun 2010
      Posts: 1,352
      Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

      Think its a close fold, I ship 10-11 bb probably... maybe
      Camzace is offline  
      Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #16
      dmindoh
      centurion
       
      Join Date: Apr 2011
      Posts: 115
      Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

      I'm looking for a chart/program to train/check up on push ranges. I read somewhere that I can combine pokerstove with some kind of calculator to do it, but I can't find that post.
      I'm playing mainly 45man so I suppose I would need something for both chip ev and ICM.

      Here's an example of a hand I would want to check up on. I'm not looking for analysis on this particular hand, but for a way that I can figure it out myself. Thanks in advance!

        Poker Stars, $3.19 Buy-in (200/400 blinds, 25 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 6 Players
        Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #10344982

        BB: 2,075 (5.2 bb)
        UTG: 7,900 (19.8 bb)
        Hero (MP): 6,755 (16.9 bb)
        CO: 4,250 (10.6 bb)
        BTN: 2,675 (6.7 bb)
        SB: 2,908 (7.3 bb)

        Preflop: (150) Hero is MP with K 9
        UTG folds, Hero raises to 6,730 and is all-in, CO folds, BTN calls 2,650 and is all-in, 2 folds

        Flop: (6,050) T K Q (2 players, 2 are all-in)
        Turn: (6,050) T (2 players, 2 are all-in)
        River: (6,050) A (2 players, 2 are all-in)




        Get the Flash Player to use the Hold'em Manager Replayer.
        dmindoh is offline  
        Old 08-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #17
        SkinnyStax
        Pooh-Bah
         
        SkinnyStax's Avatar
         
        Join Date: May 2010
        Location: mom's basement
        Posts: 3,608
        Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

        ICM explorer is what you're looking for i think
        SkinnyStax is offline  
        Old 08-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #18
        dmindoh
        centurion
         
        Join Date: Apr 2011
        Posts: 115
        Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by SkinnyStax View Post
        ICM explorer is what you're looking for i think
        Tried dl it but I rly didn't get that program at all.

        I have SNGEGT atm that does what I want, but only for the finaltable. I need something that I can use pre FT and for chip ev.
        dmindoh is offline  
        Old 08-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #19
        PAROOVKA
        journeyman
         
        PAROOVKA's Avatar
         
        Join Date: Mar 2011
        Posts: 394
        Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

        Also, the more you play them, the more you feel comfortable in the particular situations. IMO experience is really crucial here.
        PAROOVKA is offline  
        Old 08-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #20
        SkinnyStax
        Pooh-Bah
         
        SkinnyStax's Avatar
         
        Join Date: May 2010
        Location: mom's basement
        Posts: 3,608
        Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by dmindoh View Post
        Tried dl it but I rly didn't get that program at all.

        I have SNGEGT atm that does what I want, but only for the finaltable. I need something that I can use pre FT and for chip ev.


        sngwiz is the only program i think that really has a good cev calc.


        you can use nash if you set the payout structure to 1.0 and that models close enough to cEV to get a good idea.
        SkinnyStax is offline  
        Old 08-24-2011, 04:35 AM   #21
        dmindoh
        centurion
         
        Join Date: Apr 2011
        Posts: 115
        Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by SkinnyStax View Post
        sngwiz is the only program i think that really has a good cev calc.


        you can use nash if you set the payout structure to 1.0 and that models close enough to cEV to get a good idea.
        It seems to work alright. Thank you!
        dmindoh is offline  
        Old 08-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #22
        martin_malin
        veteran
         
        martin_malin's Avatar
         
        Join Date: Jun 2008
        Posts: 3,237
        Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by dmindoh View Post
        I'm looking for a chart/program to train/check up on push ranges. I read somewhere that I can combine pokerstove with some kind of calculator to do it, but I can't find that post.
        I'm playing mainly 45man so I suppose I would need something for both chip ev and ICM.

        Here's an example of a hand I would want to check up on. I'm not looking for analysis on this particular hand, but for a way that I can figure it out myself. Thanks in advance!

          Poker Stars, $3.19 Buy-in (200/400 blinds, 25 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 6 Players
          Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #10344982

          BB: 2,075 (5.2 bb)
          UTG: 7,900 (19.8 bb)
          Hero (MP): 6,755 (16.9 bb)
          CO: 4,250 (10.6 bb)
          BTN: 2,675 (6.7 bb)
          SB: 2,908 (7.3 bb)

          Preflop: (150) Hero is MP with K 9
          UTG folds, Hero raises to 6,730 and is all-in, CO folds, BTN calls 2,650 and is all-in, 2 folds

          Flop: (6,050) T K Q (2 players, 2 are all-in)
          Turn: (6,050) T (2 players, 2 are all-in)
          River: (6,050) A (2 players, 2 are all-in)




          Get the Flash Player to use the Hold'em Manager Replayer.
          good shove, sng wizard.
          martin_malin is offline  
          Old 09-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #23
          besmod
          centurion
           
          besmod's Avatar
           
          Join Date: Mar 2010
          Posts: 172
          Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

          Hero (UTG+2): 1,556 (7.8 bb)
          MP1: 2,414 (12.1 bb)
          MP2: 1,065 (5.3 bb)
          MP3: 635 (3.2 bb)
          CO: 1,430 (7.2 bb)
          BTN: 2,640 (13.2 bb)
          SB: 3,860 (19.3 bb)
          BB: 2,760 (13.8 bb)

          Preflop: (200) Hero is UTG+2 with A J
          Hero raises to 1,531 and is all-in...


          22 players left, is this a standard fold or shove?

          What is the minimum you shove here?
          besmod is offline  
          Old 09-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #24
          cashcow10
          centurion
           
          cashcow10's Avatar
           
          Join Date: Mar 2008
          Posts: 119
          Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

          hey guys, i have a question. what is the threshold for when we do NOT simply do push/fold? Is it bad to play a raise/fold strategy 20bb? 15bb? 25bb?
          cashcow10 is offline  
          Old 09-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #25
          phos77
          Pooh-Bah
           
          phos77's Avatar
           
          Join Date: Dec 2008
          Posts: 5,496
          Re: *** Official MTTSNG quick checkup thread ***

          $4/180 FT

          i've been fairly active but nothing out of line.

          couple of orbits ago he 3b me 2.5x and i folded - stacks were similar to this, we were quite a bit ahead of the others so it sorta felt like he was trying to icm **** me.

          he seems to be on the taggier side, hadn't seen him do anything out of line as yet. running like 17/16 over a decent sample (80+ hands - non-turbo FTs last forever!)

          i'd supersnapfold in a 45man but is the icm a big enough factor in 180s to fold as well? think it probs is but just want a check.


          Poker Stars, $4.10 Buy-in (1,000/2,000 blinds, 200 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 6 Players
          Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #10497112

          UTG: 40,247 (20.1 bb)
          MP: 25,299 (12.6 bb)
          Hero (CO): 61,142 (30.6 bb)
          BTN: 36,796 (18.4 bb)
          SB: 83,179 (41.6 bb)
          BB: 23,337 (11.7 bb)

          Preflop: (1,200) Hero is CO with Q A
          2 folds, Hero raises to 4,000, BTN folds, SB raises to 82,979 and is all-in, BB folds, Hero
          phos77 is offline  

           
                

          Thread Tools
          Display Modes

          Posting Rules
          You may not post new threads
          You may not post replies
          You may not post attachments
          You may not edit your posts

          BB code is On
          Smilies are On
          [IMG] code is On
          HTML code is Off


          Forum Jump


          All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.


          Powered by vBulletin®
          Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
          Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
           
           
          Poker Players - Streaming Live Online