Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

That's What She Said! A place to discuss female specific issues related to poker and other subjects.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #76
vookenmeister
old hand
 
vookenmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gainesville, VA
Posts: 1,736
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Congrats!!! How many pesos is that?
vookenmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #77
Dukefan
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 445
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Congrats!!
Dukefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #78
NhlNut
KANGZ
 
NhlNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: RANGZ
Posts: 16,507
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

congrats, that's a whole lotta tacos
NhlNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #79
Starling Money
adept
 
Starling Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rosarito, Mexico
Posts: 791
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie75013 View Post
I got 2nd place today in Merge's Sunday major, the $109, $100kgtd for $12k...it's my biggest online score to date and my best Sunday by far! Was pretty excited and am still really, really happy!
JamieAnn snapped this photo while I was HU...some of our friends who live here in the same building as us came over to live sweat once they saw I was heads-up. This pic has instantly become one of my all-time favs because I will always remember my first 5-figure online score!

haha just saw this, super awesome!! Congrats girl!!!
Starling Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #80
katie75013
Grindette
 
katie75013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rosarito/Vegas/NJ
Posts: 2,033
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

5th today in the Big $109 on Poker Stars for $6k!! Not a bad Tuesday
katie75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #81
rollthadice4
journeyman
 
rollthadice4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: on a sinking ship
Posts: 386
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Very cool. Congrats on the two big scores.
So is Rosarito a fun place? It sounds kind of like a military complex or something. Like, are there good restaurants, bars, parks, community activities, etc,?
rollthadice4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:49 AM   #82
WuhOh
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wait List
Posts: 388
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

What's rent like over there? Do you guys ever worry about crime/being robbed? feel safe at home?
WuhOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #83
ZeckoRiver
Pooh-Bah
 
ZeckoRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Check raising stupid tourists
Posts: 5,506
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licuala View Post
What is the crime rate like in that town? North Mexico is somewhat of a hotbed of drug cartels, but that town looks very serene. Not a bad drive to LV either, hell it takes me that long just to get out of FL.

As a plant nursery owner, def enjoying plant pictures. Please post more!
Crime there is insane if you follow documenteries news etc. People getting robbed in resorts. Due to the drugs I wouldn't even think about going to Mexico. The murder rate there is astronomical. There are lots of news reports of tourists being kidnaped etc. Gl though. And congrats on both your scores the merge and ps.
ZeckoRiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #84
Larissa
journeyman
 
Larissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vegas / San Diego / Tijuana
Posts: 205
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeckoRiver View Post
Crime there is insane if you follow documenteries news etc. People getting robbed in resorts. Due to the drugs I wouldn't even think about going to Mexico. The murder rate there is astronomical. There are lots of news reports of tourists being kidnaped etc. Gl though. And congrats on both your scores the merge and ps.
Lol. US propaganda itt.
Larissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #85
Ellegance
journeyman
 
Ellegance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 240
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Congrats on the scores and actually having the "balls" to move to another country and pursue your goals/dreams ! GL on the tables
Ellegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #86
katie75013
Grindette
 
katie75013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rosarito/Vegas/NJ
Posts: 2,033
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeckoRiver View Post
Crime there is insane if you follow documenteries news etc. People getting robbed in resorts. Due to the drugs I wouldn't even think about going to Mexico. The murder rate there is astronomical. There are lots of news reports of tourists being kidnaped etc. Gl though. And congrats on both your scores the merge and ps.
Once you get out of the US, you realize how much exaggeration and mis-information there is about a lot of stuff. I'm not going to say there is 0 crime in Mexico, but there are more than 200 American poker players here in Rosarito, and not once since BF has anyone had a problem or witnessed anything remotely scary. This is a classic case of people being afraid of what they don't know.
katie75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #87
katie75013
Grindette
 
katie75013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rosarito/Vegas/NJ
Posts: 2,033
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuhOh View Post
What's rent like over there? Do you guys ever worry about crime/being robbed? feel safe at home?
I actually feel safer walking around outside at night around our buldings, on the beach, at the dog park etc. here, than I did in my gated neighborhood in Vegas.
katie75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #88
WuhOh
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wait List
Posts: 388
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

How long can you stay with a US Passport? What about setting up bank accounts and internet service? What is the rent like for 2 bedroom apt?
WuhOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #89
Green Plastic
CardRunners Sponsored Forum
 
Green Plastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,085
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

cool thread, good luck to you. enjoy the hell out of it and keep as little money as possible on US facing sites.
Green Plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #90
Cjmunky2
centurion
 
Cjmunky2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 124
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Congrats on having the cojones to move out of the US and for you're biggest score yet! Keep it up!
I myself am thinking about moving either to Trinidad & Tobago or Dominican Republic, depending what these idiots in congress do...
Land of the free my butt... More like land of the illusion of freedom....
Cjmunky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #91
idun215
veteran
 
idun215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,916
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

most of the questions you guys are asking answers can be found in the travel section under rosarito thread.
idun215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #92
Chloe O'Brian
Pooh-Bah
 
Chloe O'Brian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,561
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjmunky2 View Post
Congrats on having the cojones to move out of the US and for you're biggest score yet! Keep it up!
I myself am thinking about moving either to Trinidad & Tobago or Dominican Republic, depending what these idiots in congress do...
Land of the free my butt... More like land of the illusion of freedom....
Wouldn't recommend these countries.
Chloe O'Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #93
chriso88
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Co Down Ireland
Posts: 33
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

What a great thread has put me great mood love hearing about American players sticking it to the man!

Will definitely be following this one hope your luck/great play continues and keep living the dream!
chriso88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #94
dj11
centurion
 
dj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SoCal.
Posts: 100
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by idun215 View Post
most of the questions you guys are asking answers can be found in the travel section under rosarito thread.
Link please...

Living in Long Beach, the things I notice are things like, in the photo's, these guys/gal are wearing clothes not unlike what SoCal folks wear. This is not the tropical Mexico found east of there.

What is the pressure to learn Spanish? I know in large part Baja is populated with a lot of English speaking ex-pats, who slowly learn Spanish. I imagine that the native Mexicans will out of necessity learn English as a large source of their incomes will come from ex-pats.

Rate the quality of your internet connections please. Like, can you have 4 or 5 of you connected and multi-tabling while someone else is streaming a movie or dl'ing large files?
dj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #95
katie75013
Grindette
 
katie75013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rosarito/Vegas/NJ
Posts: 2,033
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Internet here where I am is good. Everyone has back up air cards though for emergencies, but it is rare that we need to use them.
I have no problem streaming music and watching videos online while playing. I actually do use a separate laptop however for this, because I have too much going on with tables and HM2 running, that I don't want to risk a crash.
katie75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #96
katie75013
Grindette
 
katie75013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rosarito/Vegas/NJ
Posts: 2,033
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Poker News contacted me a few days ago and interviewed me about my move and poker in general! Pretty exciting!!

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2012/1...oker-13796.htm
katie75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:49 AM   #97
iosys
old hand
 
iosys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,754
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

The article is really enjoyable to read.

I can't understand the hate from the comments, anyway keep posting the good and bad of Mexico. It's really what I enjoy about your thread and continue on those scores!
iosys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #98
ZeckoRiver
Pooh-Bah
 
ZeckoRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Check raising stupid tourists
Posts: 5,506
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie75013 View Post
Once you get out of the US, you realize how much exaggeration and mis-information there is about a lot of stuff. I'm not going to say there is 0 crime in Mexico, but there are more than 200 American poker players here in Rosarito, and not once since BF has anyone had a problem or witnessed anything remotely scary. This is a classic case of people being afraid of what they don't know.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Mexico

The above is just tip of the iceburg, I think op is living in denial. To basically say overexaggeration based on violence due to epidemic of drugs in Mexcio that is escalating is irresponsible to people who are looking to move to another country to play poker as there are obviously safer places. Many tourists including spring breakers found that out the hard way.

If an American should be a victim of crime such as rape, kidnapping , theft , assault, or even murder the authorities there are not going to go out of their way to help a foreigner .

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/directo...n/pr030111.pdf

I don't think what happened at Falcon lake was an exaggeration but is more of what the current climate of Mexico is and not ops vision behind rose colored glasses.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Suspected-...173188751.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/10...-the-Americans

Last edited by ZeckoRiver; 11-16-2012 at 02:41 PM.
ZeckoRiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #99
ZeckoRiver
Pooh-Bah
 
ZeckoRiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Check raising stupid tourists
Posts: 5,506
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

I found another fictitious exaggerated article about rosarito below . I hope you win a lot of money and are safe during your stay op but to tell people crime is not rampant nor a problem and overexaggerated because you havent been victim is really is irresponsible of you.

http://rense.com/general79/mxc.htm

Policeman in rosarito ordered to turn over their weapons to check if could be linked to any crimes pretty eye opening dontcha think?

Last edited by ZeckoRiver; 11-16-2012 at 03:27 PM.
ZeckoRiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #100
CBorders
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,379
Re: My move to Mexico for online poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeckoRiver View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Mexico

The above is just tip of the iceburg, I think op is living in denial. To basically say overexaggeration based on violence due to epidemic of drugs in Mexcio that is escalating is irresponsible to people who are looking to move to another country to play poker as there are obviously safer places. Many tourists including spring breakers found that out the hard way.

If an American should be a victim of crime such as rape, kidnapping , theft , assault, or even murder the authorities there are not going to go out of their way to help a foreigner .

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/directo...n/pr030111.pdf

I don't think what happened at Falcon lake was an exaggeration but is more of what the current climate of Mexico is and not ops vision behind rose colored glasses.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Suspected-...173188751.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/10...-the-Americans
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeckoRiver View Post
I found another fictitious exaggerated article about rosarito below . I hope you win a lot of money and are safe during your stay op but to tell people crime is not rampant nor a problem and overexaggerated because you havent been victim is really is irresponsible of you.

http://rense.com/general79/mxc.htm

Policeman in rosarito ordered to turn over their weapons to check if could be linked to any crimes pretty eye opening dontcha think?
lol sensationalism

can't think of many poker players who are living in areas where the big drug trafficking is taking place

use your head, don't get involved in the narcotics trade, and it isn't any more dangerous than living in anytown, usa.
CBorders is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online