Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Heads Up SNG and Spin and Gos Discussion of heads up Sit & Go and Spin and Go poker games. Sponsored by HUSNG.com, the leading heads up poker video site.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2018, 10:14 PM   #276
jackstack99
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pl@yMoney View Post
No Sstream today ?
streaming this thursday!!! tune in
jackstack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:04 PM   #277
coon74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10,685
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstack99 View Post
it's mega+ ev tony robbins is the goat of the goats!!!!
Maybe his teachings indeed work well for sane people. I have no way of finding that out firsthand His free content hasn't helped me start enjoying the struggle that life is.
coon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:08 PM   #278
coon74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10,685
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

One particular thing that bothers me about Tony R is the result-oriented thinking. It has to be reformulated somehow when applied to such a high-variance activity as poker, e.g. to aim for a certain chip EV, though that stat takes a lot of time to converge too, or even to set goals concerning the thought process, e.g. work efficiently enough with a GTO DB for N hours, have a better understanding of a certain board texture than most of the rival regs.

Remember that a lot of your readers and viewers yet need to improve their poker efficiency, and the real life quality may be less of a concern to some of us than for you. Your focus on the real life is justified because you've already secured your retirement due to the poker success, which some of us haven't.

It does feel good to reason about self-actualisation when you've already paid for the food and shelter.

Last edited by coon74; 12-17-2018 at 01:18 PM.
coon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #279
Pl@yMoney
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 7
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstack99 View Post
streaming this thursday!!! tune in


cant wait!
Pl@yMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #280
belthazorrrrr
old hand
 
belthazorrrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,902
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 View Post
One particular thing that bothers me about Tony R is the result-oriented thinking. It has to be reformulated somehow when applied to such a high-variance activity as poker, e.g. to aim for a certain chip EV, though that stat takes a lot of time to converge too, or even to set goals concerning the thought process, e.g. work efficiently enough with a GTO DB for N hours, have a better understanding of a certain board texture than most of the rival regs.

Remember that a lot of your readers and viewers yet need to improve their poker efficiency, and the real life quality may be less of a concern to some of us than for you. Your focus on the real life is justified because you've already secured your retirement due to the poker success, which some of us haven't.

It does feel good to reason about self-actualisation when you've already paid for the food and shelter.
How you live your life is directly correlated to poker. If you feel depressed in real life poker will be your everest. Taking care your life will translate in more quality in your game

How you represent your image always matters. It doesnt matter if other people think is correct but you should be fine with how you represent yourself

If your real life mentality is good it will push your poker quality higher. If you treat yourself properly you will treat your game properly. Everything is about your approach

Again it doesnt matter if it is correct to the population but correct to you
belthazorrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:29 AM   #281
Exhosa
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 336
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 View Post
One particular thing that bothers me about Tony R is the result-oriented thinking. It has to be reformulated somehow when applied to such a high-variance activity as poker, e.g. to aim for a certain chip EV, though that stat takes a lot of time to converge too, or even to set goals concerning the thought process, e.g. work efficiently enough with a GTO DB for N hours, have a better understanding of a certain board texture than most of the rival regs.

Remember that a lot of your readers and viewers yet need to improve their poker efficiency, and the real life quality may be less of a concern to some of us than for you. Your focus on the real life is justified because you've already secured your retirement due to the poker success, which some of us haven't.

It does feel good to reason about self-actualisation when you've already paid for the food and shelter.
What time frame is "a lot of time"? Do you know for how long Amazon was losing money every month until it became a profitable business? Do you know how many thousands of hours it took for jackstack to become 1k reg/secure his retirement? Tony R never promises that things are gonna be easy. I feel like you should re-watch and re-read a lot of things.
Exhosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #282
ChicagoRy
 
ChicagoRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ColoradoRy
Posts: 20,091
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

I don't really understand what you're really saying c00n.

On the motivational speaker side, I think they're mostly all snake oil salesmen that rely on basic cult like techniques. Gary V, Tai Lopez, etc.

Last edited by ChicagoRy; 12-26-2018 at 02:51 PM. Reason: **** out your name c00n, had to type it modified to pass the filter lol
ChicagoRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:09 PM   #283
jackstack99
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 View Post
Maybe his teachings indeed work well for sane people. I have no way of finding that out firsthand His free content hasn't helped me start enjoying the struggle that life is.
find a way to go to "date with destiny" it will change your entire life!!!!!!! you will remember this one day and thank me
jackstack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:11 PM   #284
jackstack99
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 View Post
One particular thing that bothers me about Tony R is the result-oriented thinking. It has to be reformulated somehow when applied to such a high-variance activity as poker, e.g. to aim for a certain chip EV, though that stat takes a lot of time to converge too, or even to set goals concerning the thought process, e.g. work efficiently enough with a GTO DB for N hours, have a better understanding of a certain board texture than most of the rival regs.

Remember that a lot of your readers and viewers yet need to improve their poker efficiency, and the real life quality may be less of a concern to some of us than for you. Your focus on the real life is justified because you've already secured your retirement due to the poker success, which some of us haven't.

It does feel good to reason about self-actualisation when you've already paid for the food and shelter.
he is not a results orientated thinker at all really. he has you set high goals and high standards but the basis of his teaching is to shift your perspective and the meanings you associate to events that occur in your life and how to cultivate a deeper sense of gratitude
jackstack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:12 PM   #285
jackstack99
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pl@yMoney View Post

cant wait!
jackstack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:13 PM   #286
jackstack99
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazorrrrr View Post
How you live your life is directly correlated to poker. If you feel depressed in real life poker will be your everest. Taking care your life will translate in more quality in your game

How you represent your image always matters. It doesnt matter if other people think is correct but you should be fine with how you represent yourself

If your real life mentality is good it will push your poker quality higher. If you treat yourself properly you will treat your game properly. Everything is about your approach

Again it doesnt matter if it is correct to the population but correct to you
well said man!!! mindset is key
jackstack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:15 PM   #287
jackstack99
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhosa View Post
What time frame is "a lot of time"? Do you know for how long Amazon was losing money every month until it became a profitable business? Do you know how many thousands of hours it took for jackstack to become 1k reg/secure his retirement? Tony R never promises that things are gonna be easy. I feel like you should re-watch and re-read a lot of things.
this ^^^^^^^^^^^ ya i think way too many ppl misunderstand or just are ignorant to what tony does. I am not saying this is what your doing **** but all too often we like to judge someone just based on what we hear about them or our perception of them without really knowing exactly what they do on a deeper level. Keeping an open mind is very key
jackstack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #288
jackstack99
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRy View Post
I don't really understand what you're really saying c00n.

On the motivational speaker side, I think they're mostly all snake oil salesmen that rely on basic cult like techniques. Gary V, Tai Lopez, etc.
tony robbins is not a motivational speaker, he is a strategist. I don't follow any motivational speakers as i don't think motivation matters much at all, the people i follow will be the ones who help you build the muscle of discipline and implementing empowering habits into your life and holding yourself accountable in doing soo
jackstack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:57 PM   #289
nosoulevans
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

For someone with an endless amount of time, no expenses, no responsibilities, a lot of motivation but with a limited roll, who understands the fundamentals of poker, how would you recommend I approach Poker? I have a solid understanding of 6max and some understanding of HU and Spins play, but just need guidance for where to learn the game, and what to do to improve. Thanks
nosoulevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:03 AM   #290
whiteowls
centurion
 
whiteowls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 114
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRy View Post
I don't really understand what you're really saying c00n.

On the motivational speaker side, I think they're mostly all snake oil salesmen that rely on basic cult like techniques. Gary V, Tai Lopez, etc.
+1

I liked Gary when he first came out, but there's only so much "I love eating **** and losing cus it makes me win" I can take.
whiteowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:36 PM   #291
tonitruong
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 10
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Hi Jack, I really happy to discover this thread, and your youtube channels. Your contents helps me a lot not only in poker but life in general. Just here to say thank you
tonitruong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:50 PM   #292
jackstack99
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoulevans View Post
For someone with an endless amount of time, no expenses, no responsibilities, a lot of motivation but with a limited roll, who understands the fundamentals of poker, how would you recommend I approach Poker? I have a solid understanding of 6max and some understanding of HU and Spins play, but just need guidance for where to learn the game, and what to do to improve. Thanks
excellent question, having an endless amount of time and no responsibilities is a great place to be when dedicating yourself to becoming a great player. First thing i will say to you is choose one game and focus 100 percent of your energy on that, DO NOT get good at all the games because what will happen is you will end up being just ok or "good" at each game but not excellent. You should be striving for excellence so choose the game you think is the best fit for you, find some coaches or players that you respect and reach out to them and try to get mentorship from them. The best way to do this is to join a team (stable) . The best one for the format that you are trying to get great at. Also get yourself a gto program as of now i recommend instagto and start going through a ton of spots and taking notes. BE CURIOUS as your going through the program and don't just go through it because you "have too" go through it with as much curiosity as you can. This is the best advice i have for you glgl
jackstack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:51 PM   #293
jackstack99
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteowls View Post
+1

I liked Gary when he first came out, but there's only so much "I love eating **** and losing cus it makes me win" I can take.
haha gary vee is cool, he is not my favorite guy because he is mainly motivation type of guy. I prefer strategists and some deeper thinkers
jackstack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:52 PM   #294
jackstack99
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Re: THE WELL: JACKSTACK99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonitruong View Post
Hi Jack, I really happy to discover this thread, and your youtube channels. Your contents helps me a lot not only in poker but life in general. Just here to say thank you
i really appreciate this man, i will never get tired of hearing this ^^^ so come back next month and tell me the same
jackstack99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online