Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Heads Up SNG and Spin and Gos Discussion of heads up Sit & Go and Spin and Go poker games. Sponsored by HUSNG.com, the leading heads up poker video site.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2017, 01:50 PM   #401
botorra
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 10
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

"I'm 6 tabling them though"

6tbling 3's is such a horrible idea. When you are playing baby stakes (and tbf every limit till the 100s) your focus should be 100% on improvement, not hourly. So playing few tables (MAX 2-3, imo) and just playing slow and really trying to make the best decisions. If you play 4 tbls or more, in my opinion, it's really hard to think through every decision, adjustments, exploits, especially when you are not fluent with them.
botorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 04:10 AM   #402
leviathan74
veteran
 
leviathan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,176
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seouless View Post
trying some spins out, could i get some help with understanding stats?

i used pt4 stats from this thread: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/1...sults-1601880/

these are my stats so far:

i want to know whether to give up or if i am running bad so far

what does $ev actually measure? if i get all in 3 handed does that count or only HU? does cEV capture 3 handed or just HU etc?

is 70 buyins below ev normal variation in this game type? i get that its a small sample!


would running bad 3 handed affect EV ITM%? lose EV 3 handed = smaller stack going into HU = less chance for 1st type of deal? or does that already account for that

thanks for ur help
Out of curiosity, how did you get the c/EV, c/game and EV ITM stats?
leviathan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 04:51 PM   #403
Knittle
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 828
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Question for @ChicagoRy

Looking at getting more involved in Hyper HUSnG's on ACR.

I was wondering where you think would be the best place to invest a little money to get fundamentals and a general strategy down?

I saw some video packages, but wanted to get your opinion on where would be a good place to start spending some money on material (coaching or video package etc).

Thanks,

Tyler
Knittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 05:28 PM   #404
ChicagoRy
 
ChicagoRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ColoradoRy
Posts: 20,436
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittle View Post
Question for @ChicagoRy

Looking at getting more involved in Hyper HUSnG's on ACR.

I was wondering where you think would be the best place to invest a little money to get fundamentals and a general strategy down?

I saw some video packages, but wanted to get your opinion on where would be a good place to start spending some money on material (coaching or video package etc).

Thanks,

Tyler
Hey Tyler,

What's your entire poker bankroll (for games/studying/whatever) and what type of experience do you have with poker thus far (and HUSNGs specifically)?
ChicagoRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 06:46 PM   #405
Knittle
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 828
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRy View Post
Hey Tyler,

What's your entire poker bankroll (for games/studying/whatever) and what type of experience do you have with poker thus far (and HUSNGs specifically)?
My Poker bankroll is $1,300 (funds wise) but wouldn't mind dipping into "life" funds for coaching as well. Been full-time MTT player with decent ROI @ 20 ABI for the past 8 months. Limited knowledge with HUSnG's in general, but I think my highlight of my "skills" right now would be my short stack play.


Thanks for taking the time for the response man, means a lot.

I'm a hard working individual who just wants to PUT the work in, but wants some sort of direction. I'm willing to invest every profit I make in improving.


Edit: I've really been "self-coached" to this point so far. I've never worked with a coach and have never been given "real" direction.. but I'm at the point where I am ready to invest in myself..
Knittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #406
gdaviezz
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 143
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittle View Post
My Poker bankroll is $1,300 (funds wise) but wouldn't mind dipping into "life" funds for coaching as well. Been full-time MTT player with decent ROI @ 20 ABI for the past 8 months. Limited knowledge with HUSnG's in general, but I think my highlight of my "skills" right now would be my short stack play.


Thanks for taking the time for the response man, means a lot.

I'm a hard working individual who just wants to PUT the work in, but wants some sort of direction. I'm willing to invest every profit I make in improving.


Edit: I've really been "self-coached" to this point so far. I've never worked with a coach and have never been given "real" direction.. but I'm at the point where I am ready to invest in myself..
would reccomend a stable if your willing to invest profit into improving, imo the fastest way to improv e + build a network of friends for when you decide to go solo again, but choose carefully and dont get sucked into one of those big robotic stables that dont give much individual focus
gdaviezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 05:38 PM   #407
ChicagoRy
 
ChicagoRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ColoradoRy
Posts: 20,436
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

I have to agree with daviez, you sound like someone invested in improving and putting the work in, you have a limited but successful poker background... it just makes a lot of sense to join a good stable right now.

I wouldn't do a personal coach, you're going to have a lot of fundamentals that need improving and paying for that directly in hourly cash is going to be a lot of up front cost (and improvements may take a few months), I don't think you have the bankroll to really do that (good coaches cost north of $100hr privately, and there aren't that many willing to work directly with you).

Find a stable you like, take a 50-50 type deal to start on a moderate length (not too short to where you don't get enough coaching, not too long where you're there for years on the first contract) and just put hard work into the game and see where you're at in 6-12 months.

Video pack wise, if you're at the lower end of familiarity with HUSNGs, I'd go with Pbogz video pack on HUSNG.com, otherwise Lotte Lenya's video packs will be better,
they're more advanced HUSNG packs (he has a 2nd edition hyper pack coming out this week when we do our big site update).
ChicagoRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #408
Knittle
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 828
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRy View Post
I have to agree with daviez, you sound like someone invested in improving and putting the work in, you have a limited but successful poker background... it just makes a lot of sense to join a good stable right now.

I wouldn't do a personal coach, you're going to have a lot of fundamentals that need improving and paying for that directly in hourly cash is going to be a lot of up front cost (and improvements may take a few months), I don't think you have the bankroll to really do that (good coaches cost north of $100hr privately, and there aren't that many willing to work directly with you).

Find a stable you like, take a 50-50 type deal to start on a moderate length (not too short to where you don't get enough coaching, not too long where you're there for years on the first contract) and just put hard work into the game and see where you're at in 6-12 months.

Video pack wise, if you're at the lower end of familiarity with HUSNGs, I'd go with Pbogz video pack on HUSNG.com, otherwise Lotte Lenya's video packs will be better,
they're more advanced HUSNG packs (he has a 2nd edition hyper pack coming out this week when we do our big site update).
I agree with those points and a stable would be beneficial, but doesn't look like many Stables back HU SnG or Jackpot players in the USA, which puts me at a huge disadvantage sadly.
Knittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:25 AM   #409
italianfish23
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 15
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Hey guys I wanna try and start focussing mainly on Spin and Go's on stars(1€), I find them way funnier than cashgames. I'm having a lot of troubles finding free resources for beginners, in particular I'm looking for opening/calling charts from sb and btn, do you have any advice for me? Thanks
italianfish23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:50 PM   #410
ChicagoRy
 
ChicagoRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ColoradoRy
Posts: 20,436
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

You're not going to find any free opening/calling charts that are very worthwhile. Anyone that spends the time putting anything good together (and in some situations, constantly having to update them) isn't going to just release their findings for free. Most use them themselves, some use them for their stables and then some are in video packs as well (Coffeeyay's Beating Spins pack is a good place to start at your level, but it's not free).
ChicagoRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:59 PM   #411
boombbaby
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 5
Best course to learn Hu Sng hyper turbo

Hi,

what is the best video course to learn Hu Sng hyper turbo?

Thanks
boombbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:42 PM   #412
Estarabim
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 48
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Hi everybody,

Recently started playing spins at Microgaming,5 games .
I have a decent chipEv for a beginner, 55 ch per game for over 2k games.

I applied almost every stable, they seem interested after seeing my results and playing history, but they're not willing to stake someone who is playing at Microgaming and Pokerstars is not offering games in my country. I even offered to play with my money and sharing the profit in exchange for being in the stable and improving my game but they kindly declined.

I also have all the videopacks regarding spins, apart from Lotta Lenya's because I think they are pretty advanced for me..

The only option for me is probably 1-1 coaching, I'd love to have a coach cost around 80-90 USD per hour or maybe 700-800 for 12 session, but I do not have any contact as well.

Does anybody have any advice? Currently I feel I will stay in the same level forever.
Estarabim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:20 AM   #413
Elbow Jobertski
adept
 
Elbow Jobertski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,088
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

I love variance. PLO just didn't give me enough, so I started spinning. There are so many ways to run good and bad at these things. I'm spinning horrible prize pools but running at about 3x my cEV. I can see how these things could destroy otherwise reasonable people and lead them to either believe in riggedness or the existence of a malevolent deity.

I have the lofty goal of at least breaking even at the $2s at ACR, learning as I go. I have no hyper or HUSNG experience. I'm not sure this will end well.

I do need to stop constantly checking my cEV though...
Elbow Jobertski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:31 PM   #414
Aces123123
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 776
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post


3. Is there a way to know how many big jackpots has been hit recently? I checked stars and it shows the probability of what the prize pool will be such as 2x, 3x, multiplier etc. Thus if someone hits the big jackpot for a certain level, is it possible for the next one to hit soon? Because if its 1 in 100 million and one hits, then there won't be a point of playing. I assume stars doesn't reset anything with these right? Is there a way to find out how many top prize spin and go for each buyin level has been hit for the year?
It doesen't matter if a jackpot recently hit. It is just the same as a roulette wheel, but on a different scale.

If it is 1 in 37 that the number 9 hits, it is still 1 in 37 that the 9 hits, even if it just hit the spin before. Exactly the same with Spin & Gos. If it is 1 in 100 000 that a jackpot hits, it will still be 1 in 100 000 that the next game will be a jackpot game, even if the last game was a jackpot game.
Aces123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:40 PM   #415
learner11
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 5
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Hallo i am new to this Forum
learner11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:45 PM   #416
learner11
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 5
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

I played around 1000 1$ spin n gos and have a winrate of apprx 10%. I am considering to join a staking group mainly due to the advanced coaching which they are known to be giving. Do you guys can recommend any good staking firm? I am considering husng or smartspin. Is there any other better staking available in terms of coaching part? I would appreciate any suggestions or experience from you guys in this matter.
learner11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:19 PM   #417
&yet&yet
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: ?????
Posts: 13
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Hi 2p2!

I am a hu hyper reg transitionning to spins, where I obviously suck. But first thing first, I would like to check where I suck the most.


Samplesize is tiny but this would suggest that I suck quite a bit at 3 handed play :


(this is winrate grouped by players dealt in the hand)


Furthermore, this would suggest I especially suck in the blinds :


(this is winrate in 3 handed hands grouped by position)


Still, apparently, I did not forget how to play HU, if that's any consolation :


(this is winrate hu grouped by position)

Then, can anyone let me know what kind of winrate/loserate an average reg should be aiming at from each position to help me focus on what needs to be fixed the most quickly?
(let's say at stakes like 7s or 15s)
Cheers!
&yet&yet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:34 PM   #418
xPISCIVOROUSx
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 752
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by learner11 View Post
...Is there any other better staking available in terms of coaching part?...
SpinLegends
Evolvestaking
xPISCIVOROUSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:14 PM   #419
Melvis
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 26
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Hey guys,

I have moved to spain and wanna go back to Poker.

I have problems to understand the rake of spins. For pokerstars.es it is supposed to be 7%, but I guess you have to include the multipliers into the calculation.
On the other hand Hyper Turbo HUSNGs Rake is around 5%, which seems to be quite high.
After a years I have to pay 20% of winnings in tax.

Is this beatable? What do you think? any advice, ideas?

thanks in advance
Melvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:28 AM   #420
xPISCIVOROUSx
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 752
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Quote:
For pokerstars.es it is supposed to be 7%, but I guess you have to include the multipliers into the calculation.
Multipliers have absolutely nothing to do with the rake. The rake is the same regardless of the multiplier. For $0.25 is 8% and for $1+ is 7%, period.

Quote:
Is this beatable?
Of course it is even before rakeback, there are people making a good chunk of money out of it even at 5%-8% rake.
xPISCIVOROUSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:45 AM   #421
cilderr
adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 774
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPISCIVOROUSx View Post
Multipliers have absolutely nothing to do with the rake. The rake is the same regardless of the multiplier. For $0.25 is 8% and for $1+ is 7%, period.


Of course it is even before rakeback, there are people making a good chunk of money out of it even at 5%-8% rake.
multipliers have something to do with rake. its important to realize how big of a % of the buy-in goes into the jackpot (or other top multipliers depends on sites). since you are most likely never gonna hit the jackpot this % should considered as extra rake otherwise u overestimate ur roi.
cilderr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:53 AM   #422
Melvis
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 26
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Thank you very much for your advice.

I remembered Huper HUSNG rake being around 2% years ago, so the beatable-question refered more to this.

But I decied already to go for the spin and gos.

I used to play Hyper HUSNG up to 7$m, Turbos up to 15$ with shots at $30, some NL100 Zoom FR, NL50 6max.

Which material is best for me to understand todays spins?

Thx again
Melvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:52 PM   #423
xPISCIVOROUSx
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 752
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Coffee launched a great video pack for Spin&Go where he covers pretty much all the fundamentals from a theory and practical stand point, some people say is good enough to help you beat 7s and even 15s at some degree.
xPISCIVOROUSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:21 PM   #424
UnstoppableDanger
stranger
 
UnstoppableDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Hi
Any opinion about products from BestPokerCoaching?
Spin & Go Preflop Automation
Spin & Go Strategy Bootcamp
Spin & Go Advanced Mastery
now its 50% off
UnstoppableDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:04 PM   #425
Knittle
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 828
Re: Spin and Go Beginners Thread

Has anyone reviewed BPC's Charts they have for sale for $10? They're full interactive and seem decent.
Knittle is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive