Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Heads Up SNG and Spin and Gos Discussion of heads up Sit & Go and Spin and Go poker games. Sponsored by HUSNG.com, the leading heads up poker video site.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 01:00 AM   #951
Bob Ross
photoshop4rollz
 
Bob Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: A happy place
Posts: 1,457
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

Hey guys does my stars layout look ok to you? I got rid of that pesky fold and check/call button and painted a nicer background.

Bob Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:05 AM   #952
xSCWx
Pooh-Bah
 
xSCWx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,428
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

Lookin' good, Bob!
xSCWx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:10 AM   #953
FishFishFish
adept
 
FishFishFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sweden/Sliema,Malta
Posts: 1,010
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthepub5 View Post
Ipoker the only option for euro HU SNGs? Anyone have any experience with boss media network?
I play on pacific and love it.

Tried boss but wanted to shot myself after a few days, i really hated it.
FishFishFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:44 AM   #954
PhFr
journeyman
 
PhFr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 260
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthepub5 View Post
Ipoker the only option for euro HU SNGs? Anyone have any experience with boss media network?
Played there some while ago. I don't like the strukture so moved.
The trafic is a little better than iPoker IMO.
PhFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:54 AM   #955
MechanicalBoy
grinder
 
MechanicalBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italian monkeytilt
Posts: 415
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

after thousands of cash 6max hands @ micros I did my first 45 days of hu sng, monotabling 5$ and 10$ on ftp (some deepstack, now regular) about 225 games. How much I have to play for a significant sample size? I'm feeling very confident and prob I'm running hot
MechanicalBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #956
modchop
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: chode a la mode
Posts: 161
Is this legitimate runbad for husngs? or just completely standard...?

Hi, I'm just really pissed off atm with my graph. As you can see my ev line is showing almost double profit than actual earnings... Is bad luck doing me up the backside or is this standard..?



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
modchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #957
0bscura
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 419
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

Villian has been spewy post and rather passive pre up until this point. PFR was maybe 15 (should probably get positional raising stats in HUD). , 0 3bet Mostly minraising pre, although 3xed a few times. I had raised from SB 4-5 times after he limped and he folded each time. Safe to assume I'm doing pretty terrible against his range here?

Poker Stars $6.00+$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t25/t50 Blinds - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

BTN/SB: t1507 30.14 BBs
Hero (BB): t1493 29.86 BBs

Pre Flop: (t75) Hero is BB with T T
BTN/SB calls t25, Hero raises to t175, BTN/SB raises to t1507 all in
0bscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:29 AM   #958
mersenneary
Food = Love
 
mersenneary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I'm with you in stockland
Posts: 12,186
Re: Is this legitimate runbad for husngs? or just completely standard...?

What buy-ins are you playing? It's a standard below average run if you're playing $10s or higher, and starting to get ugly if you're playing $5s or $6s.
mersenneary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:32 AM   #959
modchop
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: chode a la mode
Posts: 161
Re: Is this legitimate runbad for husngs? or just completely standard...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersenneary View Post
What buy-ins are you playing? It's a standard below average run if you're playing $10s or higher, and starting to get ugly if you're playing $5s or $6s.
It's all 5s, except last 90 is 10s.
modchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #960
ChicagoRy
 
ChicagoRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ColoradoRy
Posts: 20,068
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0bscura View Post
Villian has been spewy post and rather passive pre up until this point. PFR was maybe 15 (should probably get positional raising stats in HUD). , 0 3bet Mostly minraising pre, although 3xed a few times. I had raised from SB 4-5 times after he limped and he folded each time. Safe to assume I'm doing pretty terrible against his range here?

Poker Stars $6.00+$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t25/t50 Blinds - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

BTN/SB: t1507 30.14 BBs
Hero (BB): t1493 29.86 BBs

Pre Flop: (t75) Hero is BB with T T
BTN/SB calls t25, Hero raises to t175, BTN/SB raises to t1507 all in
Anybody spewy post in the low stakes has enough of a chance to spew in this spot for you to call with TT (that also factors in hand strength and stack/pot size here).

I think you played it fine, you'll be surprised how often a little aggression can make them limp shove K4 or A5 here. I see it all the time, not to mention small PPs which you're absolutely crushing. AA-QQ type hands also get played strangely a certain % of the time and there's nothing strange about his limp shove (not that he can't show up with those hands, it's just a little less likely which is positive for your holding here).
ChicagoRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #961
bpmst2
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 460
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

how valuable is HEM for HU sngs? I know pretty broad question, but it always seemed like a more valuable HU cash tool
bpmst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #962
Newff
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
 
Newff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta/Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 5,143
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmst2 View Post
how valuable is HEM for HU sngs? I know pretty broad question, but it always seemed like a more valuable HU cash tool
I think it's pretty good if you know how to use it right and have a decent sample to analyze stuff. What I use it for mostly now is by reviewing games that that I have the least $EV WON..meaning my money is going in bad. Then I can see if it's coolers, bad shoves, or bad calls by me. Mersenneary released a vid on using HEM or PokerTracker for HUSNG a few days ago but I haven't watched it yet.

You can also look at hands where it's only 3bet pots and stuff too.
Newff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #963
bpmst2
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 460
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newff View Post
I think it's pretty good if you know how to use it right and have a decent sample to analyze stuff. What I use it for mostly now is by reviewing games that that I have the least $EV WON..meaning my money is going in bad. Then I can see if it's coolers, bad shoves, or bad calls by me. Mersenneary released a vid on using HEM or PokerTracker for HUSNG a few days ago but I haven't watched it yet.

You can also look at hands where it's only 3bet pots and stuff too.
Yeah, I doubt I'd use the HUD a ton, but I'm sure its of value. I'm most interested in finding something besides sharkscope to track results. I've glanced at PT3, HEM, and am browsing some information on tourney manager, but I dont know what would be best moving forward as I wanna be really organized come 2011.
bpmst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #964
Bob Ross
photoshop4rollz
 
Bob Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: A happy place
Posts: 1,457
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

Hey everyone.

My retard friend who is very slowly learning fundamental poker skills has now armed himself with the cbet and it has strucken some questions into my head.

Since I primarily play the highly skilled $2 and $5 levels of husng's, I don't run into many opponents who cbet knowingly, and when I do it's easy to spot because they tend to do it every flop regardless. Any dry board I just typically check raise them and see a fold. (helps if I write "loser" in the chatline too.)

Well now when I end up playing my friend we end up getting into these leveling battles where we just check raise/3bet/4bet/shove each others cbets.

I'm wondering if this kind of stuff happens in higher stakes games where cbets are more common? Do people tend to be more careful cbetting and find a nice balance to it? If say a K92r flop materializes, do you sometimes check it just because the retard across the screen is going to know you didn't hit it?
Bob Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #965
ChicagoRy
 
ChicagoRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ColoradoRy
Posts: 20,068
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
Hey everyone.

My retard friend who is very slowly learning fundamental poker skills has now armed himself with the cbet and it has strucken some questions into my head.

Since I primarily play the highly skilled $2 and $5 levels of husng's, I don't run into many opponents who cbet knowingly, and when I do it's easy to spot because they tend to do it every flop regardless. Any dry board I just typically check raise them and see a fold. (helps if I write "loser" in the chatline too.)

Well now when I end up playing my friend we end up getting into these leveling battles where we just check raise/3bet/4bet/shove each others cbets.

I'm wondering if this kind of stuff happens in higher stakes games where cbets are more common? Do people tend to be more careful cbetting and find a nice balance to it? If say a K92r flop materializes, do you sometimes check it just because the retard across the screen is going to know you didn't hit it?
Start with looking at his preflop range. Eliminate any hands you know he doesn't raise. Then compare his range to the flop texture. You may consider your OOP calling range and the likelihood (in his mind) that you hit a flop as well, depending on if he pays attention to something like that.

Also pay attention to cbet sizing and reraise sizing. It's not always the case, but common enough that players can really give off huge tells as to the type of hand they have based on cbet or reraise sizing (example might be that he cbets very large on scary boards with strong hands... so if he bets smaller his range is weaker and you can attack it... if he bets big you already know his range is much stronger on average.. things like that can come up and they are very valuable).
ChicagoRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #966
Firegoat777
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 369
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
Hey everyone.

My retard friend who is very slowly learning fundamental poker skills has now armed himself with the cbet and it has strucken some questions into my head.........

Well now when I end up playing my friend we end up getting into these leveling battles where we just check raise/3bet/4bet/shove each others cbets.
Hi Bob,
Word in the windows business is that your friend is a better play then you. So how much did you lose? and did your friend own you 5 bet shoving 77-22 AI, just like Phil Gordon?
Firegoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #967
Bob Ross
photoshop4rollz
 
Bob Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: A happy place
Posts: 1,457
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

@ChicagoRy Solidresponse, thanks. I was also wondering though if it happens at higher levels/stakes with thinking players. Like say two regs are playing each other and a really dry flop hits where it's obviously ripe for a cbet. In higher levels, does that sometimes cause the pfr to check because it's so obvious that a cbet would be good there.

@Firegoat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firegoat777 View Post
Hi Bob,
Word in the windows business is that your friend is a better play then you. So how much did you lose? and did your friend own you 5 bet shoving 77-22 AI, just like Phil Gordon?
He won't play me online much because he never folds much preflop and I take all his monies. He always wants to play live but we hate shuffling the cards so it's a pain to fold anything pre. Plus we end up yelling at eachother in the end. God forbid I play AQ when Mike Caro said not to in 1996. And it's still definitely OK to anytime shove 77 regardless as per Phil Gordon.

He's jealous of my pokerstars layout too, (did you see it?) so that contributes to his losing online against me.
Bob Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:42 AM   #968
DaLimit
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 770
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

What's a good sample size for ROI?
DaLimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:22 AM   #969
eddymitchel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
eddymitchel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: french donk
Posts: 6,302
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLimit View Post
What's a good sample size for ROI?
way too much for you to care since you ll improve alot andor change limit before reaching a decent sample size
eddymitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #970
Double
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 130
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

I have some random small questions, which in my opinion aren't worth opening new thread. Is here any kind of quick check up thread?
Double is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:17 PM   #971
DaLimit
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 770
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

I found a huge leak of mine - I tilt whenever I play against someone who takes 10+ seconds act. What would normally be a 10 minute game can drag on to be a 30 minute game because of this, and a lot of times this makes me very spewy. How should I solve this problem, just open up more tables?
DaLimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #972
Double
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 130
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLimit View Post
I found a huge leak of mine - I tilt whenever I play against someone who takes 10+ seconds act. What would normally be a 10 minute game can drag on to be a 30 minute game because of this, and a lot of times this makes me very spewy. How should I solve this problem, just open up more tables?
I think there's not much you can do. If you think you can beat the guy multitabling then go for it. Ofc you can ask him to speed it up. Other solution is to switch to turbos that will almost solve the problem. Yeah there's my 2 cents.
Double is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #973
Emus
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: N-Europe
Posts: 839
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLimit View Post
I found a huge leak of mine - I tilt whenever I play against someone who takes 10+ seconds act. What would normally be a 10 minute game can drag on to be a 30 minute game because of this, and a lot of times this makes me very spewy. How should I solve this problem, just open up more tables?
Imo you play quick / auto-pilot style and consequently alot of feelings/thoughts subconsiously present in your mind cannot find their way to your concicious mind. By keep playing quick you keep them surpressed.
The moment you see an opponent taking their time; your clasic thought routine is passed and now their is time/room to let them enter.
Imo, when the tilting is there; you have to ask yourself why you tilt, write it down. Go further and after match analyse if the why is rooted in reality. If yes, work on it. If no, next time when it happens you can say to yourself you are just experiencing irrational induced thought/feeling that do not deserve time and you can use wathever anti-tilt tricks you know.

Opening more tables is just a methodology to actively keep surpressing things. Confrontation in imo a permanent solution. Actively surpressing is imo a permanent never ending struggle that keeps consuming energy and gives the consequences you observed as stated in your post.

This pathway I use often for tilt; rather basic stuff imo.
Emus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #974
naymlis
old hand
 
naymlis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,362
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

When someone's 3betting me a ton (say 25-35% of my 80-100% button raises) and I decide to tighten up my button raising range, what's the best range of hands in your opinion.

I started raising every Ax, Kx, all suited queens, TJ+, and suited connectors. I'm usually folding the rest unless he lets me limp. is this too tight? too loose? should i take out the small suited connectors so I can raise call more often?
naymlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #975
eddymitchel
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
eddymitchel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: french donk
Posts: 6,302
Re: **** Beginner's and Low Content Questions Thread****

you should lower your raise ammount or limp instead of doing it of playing much less hands , if he play like a retard you can try to limp most and raise good hands since it s unlikely someone 3betting you that much is a good player and will adjust
eddymitchel is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online