Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Mid-High Stakes MTT Discussion and analysis of mid-high stakes MTT strategy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2018, 08:18 PM   #26
Lucky.luke
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 83
Re: 55$ Daily Marathon. FT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8swanky1 View Post
I understand what you're saying, but the main mistake made in this hand was choosing to open it preflop. Once you open, you're forced to continue due to pot odds & the fact that villain could have 22+, Ax, & all broadway combos in his range. If you take a b/f line pre-flop against anything other than a shove...these guys will punish your opening range & you'll be forced to tighten it.

The only other REAL decision was to call or fold the river.

My main point is that you created a bad situation for yourself THROUGHOUT the hand by opening the absolute bottom of your range in terrible position.
that comment i like a lot.
tbh i was pretty tide ish for my circumstaces therefore was just happy that i have a hand which i safely can open...as well as i am far from solid or tho just improovin technical and mentally...its the non patience....

so u wouldnt have had opend it right?
so the question is then redundant you would called river?
Lucky.luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #27
Lucky.luke
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 83
Re: 55$ Daily Marathon. FT.

as well tell me please your open Range 8swanky1 for that spot,

u would open at least 99 i assume then its in this case ur bottom of RFI and u peel with that`?
Lucky.luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:47 PM   #28
wowsooooted
Pooh-Bah
 
wowsooooted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: nearly there
Posts: 4,082
Re: 55$ Daily Marathon. FT.

I think I would have played it the same and hope I would have folded river, obv tough in game because its like 'we have a boat, wtf I call' but it really is an icm disaster when his line is very strong and we dont have spew reads
wowsooooted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:11 AM   #29
Bonzo
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 146
Re: 55$ Daily Marathon. FT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolposting2016 View Post
So much bad advice itt
Peel is super standard folding would just be bad/weak etc pot odds so many unpaired ak aq random stuff 77 folding for this price is just silly
Flop standard vs small cbet
River standard
+1
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:14 PM   #30
Lucky.luke
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 83
Re: 55$ Daily Marathon. FT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomalice View Post
i believe that calc is right.

im not sure about correct odds, but i setmine ip with 1-10 and oop 1-18 or smt like that. very dependent vs who im playing,vs weaker passive guys idc really and oop 1-10 is pbb fine but vs regs smt in range 1-20 is mathematicly correct.

if i feel it i can peel and 1-3 idc

for KQ hand im almost 100% postiive that 4b shove has a lot bigger ev than flatting since ppl pretty much overbluff btn vs co 33bigs 3bets
so you say in the end its good flat when they overbluff dude
Lucky.luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:28 AM   #31
lolposting2016
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,167
Re: 55$ Daily Marathon. FT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowsooooted View Post
I think I would have played it the same and hope I would have folded river, obv tough in game because its like 'we have a boat, wtf I call' but it really is an icm disaster when his line is very strong and we dont have spew reads
Folding otr would just be ridiculous
lolposting2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:58 AM   #32
bumpnrun
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: lol imo
Posts: 2,182
Re: 55$ Daily Marathon. FT.

Folding on river is correct vs described villain. No one outside the super sickos actually does it though
bumpnrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:25 AM   #33
wowsooooted
Pooh-Bah
 
wowsooooted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: nearly there
Posts: 4,082
Re: 55$ Daily Marathon. FT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolposting2016 View Post
Folding otr would just be ridiculous
This is actually a fold on paper, he doesn't need to show up with JJ or TT that often to make this a complete icm disaster for us. This is never a value jam with worse. QQ+ is most often turn barreling going for x3 streets and with our line our range could easily include JJ,TT,77. Doubt its a hearty bluff with FT just starting out, this type of player would know this is an extreme icm punt with air I doubt he shows up with napkins often.
wowsooooted is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online