Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Main Event thread Main Event thread

07-15-2009 , 04:55 AM
Both still in...Jesse was all in on day 7 bubble and was able to survive, fading a 3 outer. driverseati faded a scary board as well allin (A8dd vs his KK on 863dd flop (or something similar). Short stacks go in several times way behind and sucked out...gonna make for some good TV, just what the poker world needs right now.
07-15-2009 , 12:33 PM
Tamayo has gotten super screwed like several times it seems like (KK and JJ and maybe one other I think) just from what I've scanned on updates.
07-15-2009 , 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppscot22
Tamayo has gotten super screwed like several times it seems like (KK and JJ and maybe one other I think) just from what I've scanned on updates.
he's been running like balls since the last level yesterday... time to start running hot imo!
07-15-2009 , 09:04 PM
Both Thor and driverseati busto, sucks. Not a ton of skill at this point...too much AIPF action...gotta rely on luck and their's both ran out apparently...still great runs for both.
07-15-2009 , 10:11 PM
Yeah, congrats guys. Very nice runs. See you next year.
07-18-2009 , 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole60
Yeah, congrats guys. Very nice runs. See you next year.
Heh, at least I gave ESPN some good day 7 tv material
07-18-2009 , 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverseati
Heh, at least I gave ESPN some good day 7 tv material
Should be cool that your friends actually get to see you on tv, then you stop getting the dumb questions we get daily. They will rave over your donkament score and you will be in the clear from all future explanations.
07-18-2009 , 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocket
Should be cool that your friends actually get to see you on tv, then you stop getting the dumb questions we get daily. They will rave over your donkament score and you will be in the clear from all future explanations.
Whilst on a much smaller scale, i recently won a tourni for 28k ($45k). And my parents whom previously hated me playing for a living even though i have made about 35k this year, suddenly decided that with one tournament score it was now my perfect profession. I tried to explain the idea of ROI, but they seem to think me traveling around the country playing 300 tourni's is the way forward.
07-18-2009 , 09:41 PM
approaching mid-late day 2A, blinds are 400-800 with some large ante.

Villain and I are about 85k effective, lately he seems to be playing online kid styleish, but one of the first hands I saw him play he didn't put in any action postflop on a 566 board with 64 from the blinds in a 5way pot.

I make it 2200 from EP with an AQo, Villain calls in buttonish position and a loose bad player comes along from some blind position.

Flop A 8 5
I bet 3300, villain makes it 10k and the blind player folds. I just call.

Turn K
I take a long time before finally checking this card. He checks behind rather quickly.

River K
07-18-2009 , 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorleif
approaching mid-late day 2A, blinds are 400-800 with some large ante.

Villain and I are about 85k effective, lately he seems to be playing online kid styleish, but one of the first hands I saw him play he didn't put in any action postflop on a 566 board with 64 from the blinds in a 5way pot.

I make it 2200 from EP with an AQo, Villain calls in buttonish position and a loose bad player comes along from some blind position.

Flop A 8 5
I bet 3300, villain makes it 10k and the blind player folds. I just call.

Turn K
I take a long time before finally checking this card. He checks behind rather quickly.

River K
Man I hate getting bluffed but bet/fold? I'm far removed from live tournies though. He sounds very capable of raise bluffing this river though knowing you have aces up almost always.
07-19-2009 , 04:40 AM
i would be betting a notch more than half pot on this flop with most of my betting range. this is also a good villian/stacks/board to check some hands like AQ, given alot of time you will be checking to c/f.

villian is likely to fastplay his draws here as this is a terrible board to float and you guys are deep enough for him to have enough of them. i check/soulread.
07-21-2009 , 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo
Whilst on a much smaller scale, i recently won a tourni for 28k ($45k). And my parents whom previously hated me playing for a living even though i have made about 35k this year, suddenly decided that with one tournament score it was now my perfect profession. I tried to explain the idea of ROI, but they seem to think me traveling around the country playing 300 tourni's is the way forward.
lol parentaments
07-21-2009 , 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo
Whilst on a much smaller scale, i recently won a tourni for 28k ($45k). And my parents whom previously hated me playing for a living even though i have made about 35k this year, suddenly decided that with one tournament score it was now my perfect profession. I tried to explain the idea of ROI, but they seem to think me traveling around the country playing 300 tourni's is the way forward.
lol this is actually pretty god damned hilarious
07-21-2009 , 10:52 PM
I'd c/c the AQ hand normally here but maybe soul read fold or bet/fold.
07-22-2009 , 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocket
Man I hate getting bluffed but bet/fold? I'm far removed from live tournies though. He sounds very capable of raise bluffing this river though knowing you have aces up almost always.
This is so sick because it's 100% the line I'd take with a flush draw. Take a shot at earning outright folds repping Ax and then valuetowning them once I make my hand....

As played I'd c/c up to 15k
07-22-2009 , 11:19 AM
is he really going to raise a flush expecting to get called by just TP? im thinking bet/call to induce him to bluff raise air/turn 1pr into a bluff?

disclaimer: I suck bad at tourneys and usually call off my stack in the first few levels...
07-22-2009 , 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryptamean
is he really going to raise a flush expecting to get called by just TP? im thinking bet/call to induce him to bluff raise air/turn 1pr into a bluff?
lol, you are using your limit brain
07-22-2009 , 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDalla
I'd c/c the AQ hand normally here but maybe soul read fold or bet/fold.
What about c/r AI?

Anyone lay down a flush here in no limit land?

You guys seem deep enough that hes not getting great odds on a call.

If you have him covered and putting him to a decision for his tourney and he still has a healthy stack behind him, against some people its probabily a good play no?

Last edited by Heisenb3rg; 07-22-2009 at 01:13 PM.
07-22-2009 , 01:46 PM
Heis I like it vs some players.... however if they are ever checking behind a set on the turn you're in trouble. Also they might hero call you if you never take that line with an actual boat.

But yeah I think it's a pretty sweet play under the right circumstances.
07-22-2009 , 03:05 PM
I don't like bluffing people who've just finally made their hand in a live setting. Maybe if you were playing DS 5/10 online It'd be a good move.
08-03-2009 , 07:42 PM
I'm not sure if this read is accurate at all but I think some players who are capable of making a big bluff online are less capable of putting that bullet in a highstakes live setting. Just a generalization I had in my mind though its not that this is THAT big of a bluff but it was just in my mind. In the moment I thought that leaving the bet sizing up to him wasn't a good idea so I put in a small value bet even though this guy prob isn't calling with worse very often.

c/r AI is such a sick move but idk if its worth the risk. + everytime i bust from a tourney in a postflop spot where i don't have that good of a read on my opponents i feel sick, and running into a house here would have put me on mad lifetilt for sure.
08-04-2009 , 12:00 AM
so did he call or what?
08-04-2009 , 12:15 AM
nope he folded relatively quickly a5 mebbbe
08-04-2009 , 03:21 PM
also, this lolhand was reported correctly (besides pf being me opening UTG+2 to ~75k and only Tom defending)



I'm mainly just interested in what boc4life's thoughts are here.
08-04-2009 , 03:27 PM
epic hand lol surely that will make TV

      
m