Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

General Marketplace For 2+2ers who have general products or services they wish to buy or sell. NOT meant for commercial enterprises.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017, 01:08 PM   #1
GazzyB123
Pooh-Bah
 
GazzyB123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yer maw
Posts: 4,479
WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Hey everyone,

Myself and 2 friends have paid for a house just west of the Rio in Las Vegas. Check in 1st June, check out 30th June (potentially longer, but this is what we have booked). We have one room left and are looking for someone else to join (have a couple of half interested friends, but first come first serve). We are...

Gary - 27 years old from Scotland. Full time 100ff grinder on PartyPoker.
Remco - 25 years old from Holland. Full time 500z grinder.
Jonathan - 26 years old from Canada. Plays mainly live and comes online and binks an MTT once every couple of weeks.

Looking for someone who is chill, trustworthy and wants to have fun over the summer as well as grind hard. Room is $1800. The house - https://www.vrbo.com/4445361ha?unitId=5031082#

Ubers are approx $8 to the Rio, if we sharing that's a few bucks each. Not bad at all.

Last edited by GazzyB123; 02-15-2017 at 01:14 PM.
GazzyB123 is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 01:14 PM   #2
GazzyB123
Pooh-Bah
 
GazzyB123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yer maw
Posts: 4,479
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Forgot to say, we're also open to someone coming to stay for first couple of weeks and then someone taking it after. Feel free to let me know if you're interested for part of the month!
GazzyB123 is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 01:16 PM   #3
Bullwinkle
centurion
 
Bullwinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wossamotta U
Posts: 163
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

You're paying $7200 for a month? That seems crazy high....might want to talk to house owner and get that down; for full 30 day rent he should be in the 3500 range at most
Bullwinkle is online now  
Old 02-15-2017, 01:26 PM   #4
GazzyB123
Pooh-Bah
 
GazzyB123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yer maw
Posts: 4,479
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

House is really nice, we're more than happy with it
GazzyB123 is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 01:39 PM   #5
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,387
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
You're paying $7200 for a month? That seems crazy high...
Might be crazy high but is in line with what I and others I know have paid in recent years. Still significantly cheaper than places like Vdara or MGM Signature.

Those houses are large enough for at least 6 persons, 10 if you have couples or people using air mattresses to share bed rooms.
madlex is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #6
Bullwinkle
centurion
 
Bullwinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wossamotta U
Posts: 163
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Fair enough. I was just going off the nightly rate being $225, multiplying that out and then taking a % of nights that aren't rented in a typical month. Like there's no way he's getting that money for a random Tues-Wed so he's eating those nights during the month. Figured he's only booking a little more than half his nights.

Maybe WSOP draws better and he's justified in his pricing. I would expect some wiggle room for a 30 day stay, though...
Bullwinkle is online now  
Old 02-15-2017, 03:47 PM   #7
Shast44
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Grizzly city
Posts: 604
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

you should just see whats on AirBnB. That seems pretty ridiculous tbh.
Shast44 is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #8
GazzyB123
Pooh-Bah
 
GazzyB123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yer maw
Posts: 4,479
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlex View Post
Might be crazy high but is in line with what I and others I know have paid in recent years. Still significantly cheaper than places like Vdara or MGM Signature.

Those houses are large enough for at least 6 persons, 10 if you have couples or people using air mattresses to share bed rooms.
Agree with this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
Fair enough. I was just going off the nightly rate being $225, multiplying that out and then taking a % of nights that aren't rented in a typical month. Like there's no way he's getting that money for a random Tues-Wed so he's eating those nights during the month. Figured he's only booking a little more than half his nights.

Maybe WSOP draws better and he's justified in his pricing. I would expect some wiggle room for a 30 day stay, though...
Yeah I understand what you're saying but when you consider how nice/big the house is, big garden, BBQ facilities, pool, summer in Vegas, EDC weekend will be like 3k alone for him etc etc, 7.2k isnt too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shast44 View Post
you should just see whats on AirBnB. That seems pretty ridiculous tbh.
Can you confirm if you mean the price of this house is ridiculous, or what is on AirBnB is ridiculous? If it's the latter I couldn't agree more, extortionate!
GazzyB123 is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #9
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28,919
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Yeah, it looks awfully high for not-a-McMansion. Looks okay if you plan on throwing lots of parties, but if you're mostly going to be playing WSOP it would be cheaper finding a place that doesn't have so much empty space.
pig4bill is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #10
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,387
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
Fair enough. I was just going off the nightly rate being $225, multiplying that out and then taking a % of nights that aren't rented in a typical month.
That's a fair point, but you also have to account for nights that would run way higher.

In 2009, two friends stayed two nights in my hotel room because the owner of their house had a bachelor party group in there who paid $2k for Friday - Sunday. So all 6 guys in the house had to move out Friday morning and return Sunday night so the other group could spend the weekend there.
In 2011, I decided to come a week earlier to Vegas than my roommate, which included MDW. That 3-day weekend alone would have cost me >$1k at any decent hotel and I got really lucky that the owner of our MGM Signature unit was willing to negiotate and in the end give me that week for the same monthly rate we paid after that.
That same year, we had a friend sleeping on our couch during EDC weekend because there wasn't a single affordable hotel room close to the strip.
madlex is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 03:12 AM   #11
poesay
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 86
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

I wonder how long it will take the 4th roommate to find out he is paying the most for the smallest room?
poesay is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 03:53 AM   #12
wj94
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 7,416
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

$7200 for a month in that place? I think you just paid his mortgage for six months ��
wj94 is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 04:04 AM   #13
xmarxthespot22
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 509
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Nice looking place. I agree that the prices is gross, seeing as what the owner is making on that. But it must be noted that these owners know this and can gouge and not give discounts during this time. I have been renting a place in las vegas every year for the wsop with 5 to 6 friends for last 9 years. I have seen the prices at least 70% more now. It has become such a common thing to do for players, and thers lots of them that do this, and now the owners know this. For example if you want to take the house for the first week of june, lots of the owners will say no..we are only renting for the entire 6 weeks or something like that. These ****ers are greedy too, one year we all had to leave the house for like 4 days for EDC weekend cus they rented it at some huge premium to other group. Then we came back after the weekend. Still the prices have not reached that where it no longer makes it the best option. Even at these high prices it still is the best option....for now. Good luck
xmarxthespot22 is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 06:40 AM   #14
borg23
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,815
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlex View Post
That's a fair point, but you also have to account for nights that would run way higher.

In 2009, two friends stayed two nights in my hotel room because the owner of their house had a bachelor party group in there who paid $2k for Friday - Sunday. So all 6 guys in the house had to move out Friday morning and return Sunday night so the other group could spend the weekend there.
In 2011, I decided to come a week earlier to Vegas than my roommate, which included MDW. That 3-day weekend alone would have cost me >$1k at any decent hotel and I got really lucky that the owner of our MGM Signature unit was willing to negiotate and in the end give me that week for the same monthly rate we paid after that.
That same year, we had a friend sleeping on our couch during EDC weekend because there wasn't a single affordable hotel room close to the strip.
You need to get better at pricing hotels
borg23 is online now  
Old 02-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #15
JackStraightUp
grinder
 
JackStraightUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lynchburg, TN
Posts: 506
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

No reviews. No refunds. Hmm that might be a concern. You can do a weekly for a fraction of that price.
JackStraightUp is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 03:05 PM   #16
drbeechwood
adept
 
drbeechwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southwest USA
Posts: 1,147
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/10...sting-1558682/
drbeechwood is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 10:12 PM   #17
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,387
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg23 View Post
You need to get better at pricing hotels
Just checked out of curiosity, 3 day MDW this year in the cheapest rooms at Aria or Cosmo is already >$1k including fees and taxes.
madlex is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 10:30 AM   #18
fuxxnuts
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 797
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

for 7.2k month, you can definitely get much more luxurious 4br spots. this looks like an older ranch, though it seems to be maintained well.
fuxxnuts is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #19
GazzyB123
Pooh-Bah
 
GazzyB123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yer maw
Posts: 4,479
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill View Post
Yeah, it looks awfully high for not-a-McMansion. Looks okay if you plan on throwing lots of parties, but if you're mostly going to be playing WSOP it would be cheaper finding a place that doesn't have so much empty space.
As said above, the size/space/facilities (pool, pool table, space, bbq, big garden etc etc) are the reason we took it, and with regards to a cheaper place, this was the nicest thing we found within our price range, so it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poesay View Post
I wonder how long it will take the 4th roommate to find out he is paying the most for the smallest room?
One guy has paid slightly extra, so only fair he gets the master bedroom, and 3 other bedrooms are all the same size. Good effort, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmystak22 View Post
Nice looking place. I agree that the prices is gross, seeing as what the owner is making on that. But it must be noted that these owners know this and can gouge and not give discounts during this time. I have been renting a place in las vegas every year for the wsop with 5 to 6 friends for last 9 years. I have seen the prices at least 70% more now. It has become such a common thing to do for players, and thers lots of them that do this, and now the owners know this. For example if you want to take the house for the first week of june, lots of the owners will say no..we are only renting for the entire 6 weeks or something like that. These ****ers are greedy too, one year we all had to leave the house for like 4 days for EDC weekend cus they rented it at some huge premium to other group. Then we came back after the weekend. Still the prices have not reached that where it no longer makes it the best option. Even at these high prices it still is the best option....for now. Good luck
Agree with this; I much prefer having a house as opposed to a hotel for obvious reasons like cooking etc. As for prices etc, I think that as you say it's just about better to get a house instead of a hotel. There are (obviously) much cheaper options we could've gone for, but a little bit of comfort is worth paying for imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraightUp View Post
No reviews. No refunds. Hmm that might be a concern. You can do a weekly for a fraction of that price.
No reviews is whatever but I've spoken to the owner who has confirmed there is a 60 day full money back guarantee, and 30 day 50% money back guarantee. It's also booked through VRBO with their protection fees, so on the off chance we have been scammed, our money is guaranteed

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlex View Post
Just checked out of curiosity, 3 day MDW this year in the cheapest rooms at Aria or Cosmo is already >$1k including fees and taxes.
Interesting stuff! Thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuxxnuts View Post
for 7.2k month, you can definitely get much more luxurious 4br spots. this looks like an older ranch, though it seems to be maintained well.
I encourage you to post these more luxurious spots

Got one guy who's going to let me know in 2 weeks if he's coming, and another guy who's not as close to confirming as the first guy but still interested. Anyone else who fancies it drop me a PM

Hope everyone who is complaining at the price itt enjoys their stay at the Circus Circus
GazzyB123 is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 01:24 PM   #20
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28,919
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzyB123 View Post
As said above, the size/space/facilities (pool, pool table, space, bbq, big garden etc etc) are the reason we took it, and with regards to a cheaper place, this was the nicest thing we found within our price range, so it's all good.
Garden??!? Are you going to plant radishes?

Quote:
Hope everyone who is complaining at the price itt enjoys their stay at the Circus Circus
People aren't necessarily saying you're paying too much, you're paying too much for what you're getting.

And things like the pool. Unless you're throwing lots of parties, I'm betting it won't take long before you're wishing you were at a hotel, where it's not 100% sausage.
pig4bill is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #21
magking1
adept
 
magking1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,173
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

THis thread is hilarious to read.

Dude says what he has and what he wants for it and everyone that posts tells him how bad a deal it is or how he could have done better, and in typical 2+2 style the opinions are mostly hearsay and speculation.

Lets really pick this thing apart fellas,
Look forward to reading more!!!!
magking1 is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #22
mrducks
Pooh-Bah
 
mrducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,771
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Wow, I definitely need to get an older looking ranch house close to the Rio and rent it out for a super high fee to pay my mortgage for the whole year. I had no idea a house looking like that would get $7200 for a month!?! Just...wow.

I have nothing to really say about the $7200 a month price but I was expecting to see a house with a renovated kitchen and modern looking furniture with a really pimped out back yard but not so much I guess.

If it's an $8 uber ride to the Rio, what neighborhood is this place in?
mrducks is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:40 PM   #23
GazzyB123
Pooh-Bah
 
GazzyB123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yer maw
Posts: 4,479
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill View Post
Garden??!? Are you going to plant radishes?
Maybe a few carrots and potatoes seriously the big space will be handy for when we do indeed throw parties and have bbq's in the evenings etc. Space is good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill View Post
People aren't necessarily saying you're paying too much, you're paying too much for what you're getting.

And things like the pool. Unless you're throwing lots of parties, I'm betting it won't take long before you're wishing you were at a hotel, where it's not 100% sausage.
I think the bolded is absolutely fair if people think that, and they're perfectly entitled to their opinion. The purpose of this thread however is not to discuss whether or not we have a good deal; it's to find a 4th person for the extra room that we have. As I've said itt about 4 or 5 times, we are happy with what we have for the price we have, and I don't really care if we could've saved $150 per person by going 1 mile south or whatever. I appreciate your post however, it's one of the best/most constructive "against" posts itt

Quote:
Originally Posted by magking1 View Post
THis thread is hilarious to read.

Dude says what he has and what he wants for it and everyone that posts tells him how bad a deal it is or how he could have done better, and in typical 2+2 style the opinions are mostly hearsay and speculation.

Lets really pick this thing apart fellas,
Look forward to reading more!!!!
As above you're missing the point; we are happy with what we have, and what we paid, and aren't interested in getting a refund and finding something cheaper that won't be as nice. Not once have I dismissed anyone's opinion that it might be a bit expensive, so it's unfair for you to say that I've said anything or anyone is "hearsay". Pick it apart all you want but as I've said, we're delighted with what we have, and we just need one extra guy! Also fully agree with your first line, but for veeeery different reasons


Quote:
Originally Posted by mrducks View Post
Wow, I definitely need to get an older looking ranch house close to the Rio and rent it out for a super high fee to pay my mortgage for the whole year. I had no idea a house looking like that would get $7200 for a month!?! Just...wow.

I have nothing to really say about the $7200 a month price but I was expecting to see a house with a renovated kitchen and modern looking furniture with a really pimped out back yard but not so much I guess.

If it's an $8 uber ride to the Rio, what neighborhood is this place in?
First paragraph - wouldn't we all! Maybe if I bink a bracelet this year I can invest it in property in LV and rent it out for crazy prices I can't remember the neighbourhood but it's 4 miles west of the RIO, last year we were to the east of the strip so it'll work out the same as last year.

Really don't want to have to come in and defend the price we've paid itt again. It is expensive, it might well be overpriced for the total amount, but we're super happy with it and really excited. Just need one more guy and we're all set
GazzyB123 is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #24
magking1
adept
 
magking1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,173
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

As above you're missing the point; we are happy with what we have, and what we paid, and aren't interested in getting a refund and finding something cheaper that won't be as nice. Not once have I dismissed anyone's opinion that it might be a bit expensive, so it's unfair for you to say that I've said anything or anyone is "hearsay". Pick it apart all you want but as I've said, we're delighted with what we have, and we just need one extra guy! Also fully agree with your first line, but for veeeery different reasons


Clearly have misinterpreted my post.
magking1 is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 03:29 PM   #25
sublime_fan24
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 943
Re: WSOP Room Available in 4BR House

Quote:
Originally Posted by magking1 View Post
As above you're missing the point; we are happy with what we have, and what we paid, and aren't interested in getting a refund and finding something cheaper that won't be as nice. Not once have I dismissed anyone's opinion that it might be a bit expensive, so it's unfair for you to say that I've said anything or anyone is "hearsay". Pick it apart all you want but as I've said, we're delighted with what we have, and we just need one extra guy! Also fully agree with your first line, but for veeeery different reasons


Clearly have misinterpreted my post.
Yes, OP, you misinterpreted magking1's post. He was not so subtly (but still too subtle for you to pick up on) giving other posters grief for constantly talking about how you are paying too much for your place, despite the fact that you have repeatedly, from the start, said you are happy with the place at the price you are paying.

cliffs = magking1 agrees and is on your side
sublime_fan24 is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online