Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2017, 07:21 AM   #201
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

wow such a sick spot. The guy has gone all in for the last 9 hands in a row. UTG ($900) who plays pretty nitty decides to open $15 knowing this guy is almost definitely shoving. The guy shoves. I wake up with ATcc in the BB with a ATcc. I fold and UTG folds.

I'm salty as ****. Why did UTG open then fold??? Ugh my fold had to have been correct given the UTG range but so frustrating. I would've been a 2:1 favorite vs the blind shove.


Update: Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. I finally won a hand. Open to $25 I call withr AK, guy shoves, call, I call. I win against A7 and KT and get a triple up.

What a ****ing ride of a day.

And just got QQ against T6o and cracked him for his last $200 or so. Today has been completely turned around. So glad I didn't leave after the third beat.

Last edited by Badreg2017; 11-16-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:04 AM   #202
jordan1352
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 163
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

haha sounds great! gl
jordan1352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:25 AM   #203
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Results: 8.5 hours played up $465 What an insane night.

Here are the cliff notes:

-Guy who was so high/drunk he pissed himself was going blind all in 84% looking and going all in 8% and playing the other 8% like a mad man.

-He spent 30 minutes of every hour ritualistically chanting "fuzzzzballla or ooooshballa....easy......shhhhhhh....relax." While my phone was dead I wanted to kill myself listenkng to this.

-He went on a sick heater and went from $300--->$2500

-He slowrolled every showdown...he didn't know his cards so it wasn't malicious but he would turn over one and let the suspsense build for about 30 seconds before flipping the other.

-I was up a few hundred going into that table, went down, almost left, but stayed positive and made it back.

-He said he was leaving after he lost the $2500 and then his next $300 buy in but he actually went to go play 5/5. At this point thought it was about 4.am. so I decided to take the win and just head home rather than following him.

Last edited by Badreg2017; 11-16-2017 at 08:45 AM.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:27 AM   #204
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Hopefully I didn't make them wrong move in booking vegas for the last three weeks, maybe I gave up on these bingo games at commerce too quickly. The play is just next level horrendous and you get a decent amount of people who just don't care about the money.

Anyway, today's results are 3 hours played up about $240. I have a friend visiting so won't be able to put in that many hours until Wednesday, depends how much he wants to play.

Got a nice all in hold today. Guy open shipped for $70, call, I put the caller all in for $170 total with AA. He had 99 the guy who shipped had A6s.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:15 AM   #205
aaaces
newbie
 
aaaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 45
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badreg2017 View Post
Hopefully I didn't make them wrong move in booking vegas for the last three weeks, maybe I gave up on these bingo games at commerce too quickly. The play is just next level horrendous and you get a decent amount of people who just don't care about the money.
Finding games that you are comfortable in and can grow your confidence is super important if you are going to do this long term.

The key to accepting less EV+/less variance games though is to continue to grow and develop and not to become with complacent because a crusher in the loose and will games will always make much more money long term than a crusher in lower variance games.
aaaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:20 AM   #206
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaces View Post
Finding games that you are comfortable in and can grow your confidence is super important if you are going to do this long term.

The key to accepting less EV+/less variance games though is to continue to grow and develop and not to become with complacent because a crusher in the loose and will games will always make much more money long term than a crusher in lower variance games.
Yea that makes a lot of sense. On the one hand I won't grow as a player if I just sit and wait for aces because the game is basically bingo or because the stakes are too high. On the other hand, just beating up on small stakes games and not pushing myself wouldnt be ideal either.

Luckily the more I play the more comfortable I am becoming with the higher stakes and variance games. I did seek out two such games last night including the game where the guy was blind shoving and I proceeded to call him at least somewhat light. Still though, it was definitely stressful and it definitely got my heart pumping. Took me a few hours to fall asleep after that game.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #207
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Luckily I got a free show down but curious what you guys think I would have to do here if he bets river.

Guy who is playing a very loose range and raised to $25 earlier with kings and $20 in other hands opened to $15 in the HJ. A woman in the CO who is going to fold her entire range to my 3 bet calls. I look down at AhJd and make it $50 OTB with a $240 stack. I usually $50 just head up without the dead money in between, I mentally misclicked on the sizing.

Flop: TT8 two clubs one spade.

Pot:118

I bet $70 and he calls. I used a slightly larger sizing in this 3 bet pot because he seemed like a feel player and would interpret a smaller bet as weak. Hopefully I can fold out some of his smaller pairs and/or over cards. I also only rep over pairs so if that's what I'm going to rep I have to really rep it. I think just checking flops against certain players is fine but he was going to put me in a lot of difficult turn and river spots since he wasn't afraid to bluff and this isn't really the hand I want to be calling down with. I will also have decent equity against a lot of his range if called and will usually get a free river.

Turn is another ten and it goes check check.

River is an offsuit 6.

Kinda a weird spot if he bets. His value range is probably pretty damn small. On the other hand, it's not a great run out for him to bluff. I could credibly have checked backed an overpair on the turn and he might not even expect to get folds out of ace high.

Anyway he checked I checked it back and was good with A high. Lucky me.

Also found myself in an unfortunate spot after betting flop with a marginal top pair. I've been limping a bunch but I decide to try to ISO a weak player with JTdd OTB. Squeeze doesn't get through and we got 4 to the flop.

Flop: Js6h4h.

Checks to me and I bet half pot. I don't love betting or checking here, but I think 4 ways I guess betting is best as long as most people are going to play face up. A guy who has a really wide, usually has it when he takes an aggressive action, but is definitely capable of spazzing and bluffing 2.5x's my flop bet. Feels kinda weak but I decided to let it go. We still would be deep after this raise so this was going to get expensive if I wanted to hero. He limped pre so that eliminates some of the stronger jacks, and there are a lot of semi-bluffs, but ultimately I let it go and feel fine about it.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:13 AM   #208
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Had two hands where I had to decide on some thinish value spots.

CO open I flat KQdd. Flop AQ8 two tone he bets half pot I call. Turn 6. Check check. River 9 completes bd flush draw. Against some people I might throw out a small bet but tight it was too thin here and he has some bluff raises in him.

Limp, I open to $20 with AK and get 4 calls.

Flop: KT7r. I bet $65 and get two calls. One is a straight up tight player who is as abc as it gets. He keeps throwing around terms like saying "I have to realize my equity" as he bets. THte other is a middle aged Asian guy who has maybe played two non-limped pots in the 2.5 hours I've been at the table. The ABC guy I would expect to trap his big hands on this texture sometimes, the Asian guy not so much but obviously I don't know just guessing based on population tendencies.

Turn was a Q which is a pretty damn **** turn. Complete straights, two pairs, etc. I check it back.

River is another Q. It checks to me. Do I bet to get value from like Kx? I would have to imagine they wouldn't trap a big hand after the turn checked. Not a fun spot either if one of them bets. Luckily they checked it to me.

Last edited by Badreg2017; 11-17-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:04 PM   #209
aaaces
newbie
 
aaaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 45
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badreg2017 View Post

Turn was a Q which is a pretty damn **** turn. Complete straights, two pairs, etc. I check it back.

River is another Q. It checks to me. Do I bet to get value from like Kx? I would have to imagine they wouldn't trap a big hand after the turn checked. Not a fun spot either if one of them bets. Luckily they checked it to me.
Versus the Vs range I bet for value all 3 streets as the Turn not only makes hands (sometimes they have it) but it keeps almost all draws in - on balance I think it is a good Turn card for you.

Having checked the Turn, the River card is a great card for you because it eliminates a lot of made hands.
aaaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:16 PM   #210
aaaces
newbie
 
aaaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 45
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badreg2017 View Post
Luckily I got a free show down but curious what you guys think I would have to do here if he bets river.

Guy who is playing a very loose range and raised to $25 earlier with kings and $20 in other hands opened to $15 in the HJ. A woman in the CO who is going to fold her entire range to my 3 bet calls. I look down at AhJd and make it $50 OTB with a $240 stack. I usually $50 just head up without the dead money in between, I mentally misclicked on the sizing.

Flop: TT8 two clubs one spade.

Pot:118

I bet $70 and he calls. I used a slightly larger sizing in this 3 bet pot because he seemed like a feel player and would interpret a smaller bet as weak. Hopefully I can fold out some of his smaller pairs and/or over cards. I also only rep over pairs so if that's what I'm going to rep I have to really rep it. I think just checking flops against certain players is fine but he was going to put me in a lot of difficult turn and river spots since he wasn't afraid to bluff and this isn't really the hand I want to be calling down with. I will also have decent equity against a lot of his range if called and will usually get a free river.

Turn is another ten and it goes check check.

River is an offsuit 6.

Kinda a weird spot if he bets. His value range is probably pretty damn small. On the other hand, it's not a great run out for him to bluff. I could credibly have checked backed an overpair on the turn and he might not even expect to get folds out of ace high.

Anyway he checked I checked it back and was good with A high. Lucky me.

Also found myself in an unfortunate spot after betting flop with a marginal top pair. I've been limping a bunch but I decide to try to ISO a weak player with JTdd OTB. Squeeze doesn't get through and we got 4 to the flop.

Flop: Js6h4h.

Checks to me and I bet half pot. I don't love betting or checking here, but I think 4 ways I guess betting is best as long as most people are going to play face up. A guy who has a really wide, usually has it when he takes an aggressive action, but is definitely capable of spazzing and bluffing 2.5x's my flop bet. Feels kinda weak but I decided to let it go. We still would be deep after this raise so this was going to get expensive if I wanted to hero. He limped pre so that eliminates some of the stronger jacks, and there are a lot of semi-bluffs, but ultimately I let it go and feel fine about it.
H2 bit of a gross spot because the pot is already so bloated. Even though a lot of players will raise with Hearts on try and see all five cards, it is definitely a marginal spot without any backdoor equity.
aaaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:37 PM   #211
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Haven't posted for a while because I wasn't able to play recently. So originally when my friend came out here the plan was for us to play Friday/Saturday and hang out for a few days after but it didn't really work out. We played Friday and he was stressed and out of practice. He then proceeded to get some run bad so he ended up getting kinda crushed and we left early on Friday and didn't play Saturday.

The good news is Thursday night I went back to play and over 3.5 hours I made about 400. That Friday I played 1 hour and made $90 at an awful 2/3 game.

Instead of playing Saturday-Tuesday we went hiking in Seqoia National Forest which was pretty incredible, I'll probably post some pictures at some point.

I'm back at it today but I'm getting over a cold so not sure how much I'm going to play. I know it's a bit selfish playing with a cold but I gotta play after this many days off and I'm not one of the sleezeballs that cloughs and sneezes into his hand and then touches the cards and chips.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:38 PM   #212
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaces View Post
Versus the Vs range I bet for value all 3 streets as the Turn not only makes hands (sometimes they have it) but it keeps almost all draws in - on balance I think it is a good Turn card for you.

Having checked the Turn, the River card is a great card for you because it eliminates a lot of made hands.
Fair enough and I agree about the river. I went for value.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:35 AM   #213
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

So I found a reg, supposedly a pro, who always seems to have a big stack every night despite the fact that I don't think he's very good. He's not bad, but plays a very face up style and doesn't push thin edges. He also plays a pretty nitty style so I doubt he's just losing a ton and rebuying. What I have noticed is that every single time, essentially without fail, his table is full of whales or at the very least, people with huge stacks. I'm sure there is a lesson there.

Guy who was blind shoving everytime last time is here, of course that reg is on his right. The last two times I've seen blind shove guy here this same reg has gotten a seat on his right.

I almost got coolered by the blind raise guy after making top top with AJ on 229-5-J which checked to the river, but after he bet out and someone called, while I was pondering my raise sizing, he prematurely flipped Q2.

Last edited by Badreg2017; 11-23-2017 at 01:41 AM.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 02:28 AM   #214
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Ugh button made an awful play that cost me a ton. I open AKs UTG, at a table with the whale who spazzes out like crazy pre, UTG1 who is really tight calls, the whale calls, the rest of the table calls. The whale has folded to every single big preflop 3 bet so far (maybe 4) but is still spazzing out after the flop.

It gets to the button who then makes it $200 with 99. With $180 (36 blinds) behind and the whale still to act, I call and UTG1 calls with AA. AA holds. Just an awful 3 bet at this table by a guy who I've played with a good amount at this point and who has played with this whale a good amount.

Credit to UTG1 who had the savy to flat AA with the whale on his left, something button doesn't seem to get.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 02:55 AM   #215
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

H1 check this turn?

3 loose passives limp after a whale folds, I make it $25 in the BB with AA. The three limpers call. One of the limpers says "I must have a hand" which I'm annoyed by since I actually have been playing hands and it's terrible etiquette multiway but whatever I'm not going to raise a stink and kill the atmosphere.

Flop: J83 r.

I continue for $60 and EP limper calls. I saw him call off a sizeable 3 bet earlier with QJo against an older guy. Flop came down 9T4 and he made a small check shove.

Turn:A

Pot:$220

I have $200 behind and I'm not quite sure what to do. In hindsight, even though I don't usually like trapping, maybe that would be best. He's not going to check back two pair or sets, the A is a bad card if he has Jx and maybe I'll only get one more street anyway. Ok the other hand, if he has and open ended I want to be betting most likely and if he has Jx I need to bet turn to get stacks in.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:13 AM   #216
osirus0830
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 547
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badreg2017 View Post
H1 check this turn?

3 loose passives limp after a whale folds, I make it $25 in the BB with AA. The three limpers call. One of the limpers says "I must have a hand" which I'm annoyed by since I actually have been playing hands and it's terrible etiquette multiway but whatever I'm not going to raise a stink and kill the atmosphere.

Flop: J83 r.

I continue for $60 and EP limper calls. I saw him call off a sizeable 3 bet earlier with QJo against an older guy. Flop came down 9T4 and he made a small check shove.

Turn:A

Pot:$220

I have $200 behind and I'm not quite sure what to do. In hindsight, even though I don't usually like trapping, maybe that would be best. He's not going to check back two pair or sets, the A is a bad card if he has Jx and maybe I'll only get one more street anyway. Ok the other hand, if he has and open ended I want to be betting most likely and if he has Jx I need to bet turn to get stacks in.
I would check back the turn. As played, the villain likely puts you on either an over pair or Ace King after the flip. Checking the turn allows villain to bluff at the river.
osirus0830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:15 AM   #217
osirus0830
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 547
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Out of curiosity, how does the LA poker scene compare to the Chicago area scene? I'm currently in the Chicago area and I'm giving serious thought to playing poker as my primary source of income while I get my main venture off of the ground. Trying to decide if it's feasible by just grinding Hammond, or if I should consider LA or Vegas.
osirus0830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:19 AM   #218
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Results: 7.5 hours played, up $20. I was definitely a little tired and rusty, not quite thinking clearly and maybe missed some value in a couple of spots with the lines I took but nothing too major. Got coolered with AKs vs AA for $200 so that was unfortunate. Couldn't get into a pot with the whale either. I did have one big pair today, got aces once and won a decent pot. I ran one pretty big bluff that worked out where I raised flop with AJs on I think 356r with the BD flush draw and then barreled a king turn. The guy was playing too loose pre and was cbetting constantly so with some BD equity and overs I took a shot and it paid off. I also got my only 3 bet bluff through with A5s on the button vs a HJ open so always nice to run well in those spots.

I was up maybe $175 going into the whale table, hopefully next time I'll catch some run good. But, everyone else got the run good, whale busted, so time to go home.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:26 AM   #219
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirus0830 View Post
I would check back the turn. As played, the villain likely puts you on either an over pair or Ace King after the flip. Checking the turn allows villain to bluff at the river.
Yea that's the conclusion I came to. Unfortunately, I'm really out of it right now and bet like $125 and he folded. Got to catch up on my sleep and get over this cold.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:35 AM   #220
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirus0830 View Post
Out of curiosity, how does the LA poker scene compare to the Chicago area scene? I'm currently in the Chicago area and I'm giving serious thought to playing poker as my primary source of income while I get my main venture off of the ground. Trying to decide if it's feasible by just grinding Hammond, or if I should consider LA or Vegas.
I'm not super qualified to answer since I haven't done a ton of 2/5 at Hammond and because of run bad I haven't done much 5/5 here but I'll tell you my thoughts for the lower stakes games.

The $3/5 at commerce has got to be up there for the best action you will see anywhere in the country. The problem is there are also significant drawbacks. The rake structure is really bad since they drop pretty much all of it on the flop. The other downside is the game is capped at $200 buy in unless you go under $100 and then you can rebuy for $300.

Overall, I still think its a good 2/5 game. It's basically high variance bingo, but very +EV bingo. People will routinely overbet shove top pair marginal kicker or like 77 on K83 if checked to. You have a lot more whales and a lot more people who don't care about money than Hammond. In LA, I somewhat often find myself in games where I can comfortably ship a hand like 88 preflop for 40 BB's for value and wind up against like QJo or 44.

That being said, I have yet to produce good results here. I think a small part of that is I was making exploitative folds when I got here which I since have learned you can't really make here against most players. The players are terrible here, but they are more balanced than I am used to, you get people playing draws far more aggressively. Even the guys who you think might be old men coffee have serious gamble in them.

I also ran hilariously bad in terms of all in equity, and because you are so short, a large percentage of my big pots were all ins pre or on the flop.

But, my bad results relative to my prior results could definitely be due to the short stacks and badrake structure. Maybe the game isn't as good as I think.

I think you can make a living playing Hammond 2/5 but you will make a more in LA long term, especially as you move up in stakes. Whether that cancels out cost of living I don't know. And as I said, this is mostly speculation on my part, I definitely wouldn't take my word for it. And, when I have played 2/5 in Hammond and Elgin, it's been pretty soft so those games are nothing to sneeze at.

You definitely better be well rolled for LA because money changes hands fast in these games.

Last edited by Badreg2017; 11-23-2017 at 03:54 AM.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 03:16 AM   #221
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

I'm still pretty sick so wasn't sure if I was going to play, plus it feels kinda degen playing on thanksgiving by myself but whatever. I started feeling a little better tonight so I decided to head out and play for a few hours. The game has actually been really good which was a bit surprising. I've had two whales at the table providing most of the action, one I busted and the other is on a sick heater.

I'm currently up about $350 right now after three hours. I want to leave since I'm feeling like crap but I'm probably just going to suck it up until the whale leaves or goes busto. He's also being really arrogant about the heater and kinda slow rolling people and just being a dick, thinking he's making amazing plays when really he's just getting hit in the face with the deck. Reminds me of me a couple years ago when I thought I was a poker legend but was actually just running hilariously well. I wasn't a jerk to people but I legitimately confused my heater with skill. Now at least I know enough to know how much I don't know.

I've only had a few small decisions tonight, nothing major. I'll post them in more detail at some point. In one hand I checked J8c in the BB and on a 887 flop with the whale still left to act. He's a small station but what makes him a whale is he bluffs a ton with random air. So I bet it $20 into an $18 pot on a 6c turn and he raises to $40 and that was the key decision point. He can have a lot of draws so retaining him isn't bad but he can also have a lot of air and if I just call he will often blast off on the river. I opted to just call. Turns out he had A9o and bet river when he paired his ace and the flush got there. So if I raised turn and then bet river he probably calls river and I win more. I still think turn is kinda close, I'll have to think about it.

Dear lord his acting is so ****ing bad. He acts so weak everytime he has the nuts. Someone bet into him on the river that made the whale the nut flush and then whale asks if his two pair is no good before raising. The sick thing is he got paid off so now he has 1k, guess it's going to be a while before I can leave.

Last edited by Badreg2017; 11-24-2017 at 03:32 AM.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 03:55 AM   #222
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Damn I got up for a few to stretch and he table changed. Still a good night and the results in general recently have been solid.

Results: 4 hours played, up $305. Back to a normal schedule tomorrow. Going to set a goal of playing at least 30 hours Friday-Sunday.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 04:09 AM   #223
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 7,489
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Nice mate. GL for the weekend grind. Way to wait for the whale to leave.
meale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:04 PM   #224
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Maybe because it's a driving city, but LA Black Friday makes NYC look tame. Roads are absolutely packed. There are significant wait lists at the Commerce which is really rare. A couple of minor poker celebrities are here playing right now.

Not anticipating the traffic, I only brought $800 with me, here's hoping for some run good because if I go bust near rush hour I might be better off finding a mafia connected loan shark than trying to drive back to my place.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:27 PM   #225
Badreg2017
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Re: Talking my shot at becoming a live pro.

Never seen old people giving action like in LA. Old guy limps, guy opens to $35, call.

Flop: KJ4 two diamonds.

Check, old guy bets $35 call.

Turn Jd.

Check, old guy bets $35 call.

River 3.

Old guy bets $50, check raise to $160, call. Old guy shows KTo, villain shows KK.

Unfortunately can't get a hand for these first few hours so I'm down $150 mostly just from paying the blinds and a few AJ/KJs type hands hands where I whiffed and folded flop.
Badreg2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online