Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 03:23 AM   #76
ramdeebam
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Posts: 485
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

crusher, nice! I'm sure the SNG EV graph is just a ton of bad varience for you, in the sense of running above EV. I mean I'm not even sure how accurate it is at times but as long as you're +$$ in EV then it can't be bad either way.

Any ideas on when you're going to shot take the $60's again?
ramdeebam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #77
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdeebam View Post
crusher, nice! I'm sure the SNG EV graph is just a ton of bad varience for you, in the sense of running above EV. I mean I'm not even sure how accurate it is at times but as long as you're +$$ in EV then it can't be bad either way.

Any ideas on when you're going to shot take the $60's again?
Yea hopefully just run bad, I've had similar stretches in ev before at lower stakes so hopefully it'll be better next month.

Think I might take the next shot at $6600 or $6900 and move down when i hit $6000. I should be there by the end of the month if I put in decent volume.
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #78
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Kinda gay 1st of april. Felt like I should've done better in ev than the graph show and played some spots badly but decent volume so that's good. Also found a new reg that plays like a moron that I'm gonna try and sit as much as possible this week so I probably have some fun swings to look forward to.

BR: $4722
VPP: 10338

[img]http://s10.************/l84th11op/daty.png[/img]
image
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #79
ramdeebam
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Posts: 485
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

How many fish/recreational players percentage wise would you say you play or could play if you didn't reg hunt?

What I mean; like I've been mixing in mainly $3.50's/$7.00s + a handful of $15.00 games and you get insta sat or you click reg and within 2seconds a game is loading and the vast majority are mainly fishy players.

Is this the same at the $30's in terms of how quick people reg for games and you getting fish or are you actually playing a higher percentage of better players or regs?
ramdeebam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #80
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdeebam View Post
How many fish/recreational players percentage wise would you say you play or could play if you didn't reg hunt?

What I mean; like I've been mixing in mainly $3.50's/$7.00s + a handful of $15.00 games and you get insta sat or you click reg and within 2seconds a game is loading and the vast majority are mainly fishy players.

Is this the same at the $30's in terms of how quick people reg for games and you getting fish or are you actually playing a higher percentage of better players or regs?

I'd say if I just sat open lobbies and fish and declined rematches I could probably play like 80%+ fish ,15% bad regs and the occasional game with a good reg. Although it should be noted that the std of fish does increase so its not like you can have 80%+ really bad players.

Yea games kick off pretty much instantly, you get some 10 second waits but usually its instant.
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #81
ramdeebam
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Posts: 485
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenowhere View Post
I'd say if I just sat open lobbies and fish and declined rematches I could probably play like 80%+ fish ,15% bad regs and the occasional game with a good reg. Although it should be noted that the std of fish does increase so its not like you can have 80%+ really bad players.

Yea games kick off pretty much instantly, you get some 10 second waits but usually its instant.
For some reason; I'm expecting $15/$30 levels to be like reg filled and tough - dunno why. I think it's because I see so my threads of people who are stuck at the 15's/30's I just wondered if everyone was running into everyone lol.

So the $30 are quite fishy filled in your opinion?

I've been running well in terms of $$ at the 3.50's/7's but tempted to just play the 15's what do you think? I've got the BR..I guess it's just $$ swings I might feel uncomfortable with..so not 100% sure. Then in the back of my mind I think, well I could be just running hot so don't wanna take my chances at the $15's so maybe play like 1k games of $7's to get some real results down.
ramdeebam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #82
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdeebam View Post
For some reason; I'm expecting $15/$30 levels to be like reg filled and tough - dunno why. I think it's because I see so my threads of people who are stuck at the 15's/30's I just wondered if everyone was running into everyone lol.

So the $30 are quite fishy filled in your opinion?

I've been running well in terms of $$ at the 3.50's/7's but tempted to just play the 15's what do you think? I've got the BR..I guess it's just $$ swings I might feel uncomfortable with..so not 100% sure. Then in the back of my mind I think, well I could be just running hot so don't wanna take my chances at the $15's so maybe play like 1k games of $7's to get some real results down.
Nah $15s are still incredibly soft and $30s start to get more regs but still very crushable. I'd say you don't need to worry about lots of regs till $60s where there starts to be good regs. Yea I think there are plenty of fish at the $30s.


If you have BR I'd just jump straight into $15s, even when I was far less experienced I was fine with playing with like 50bis at $15s. If you are comfortable with your strat I'd just move up since even another 1k games won't really give you that great of a reflection on whether you beat the games or not.
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #83
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Pretty bad April so far, just keep losing money and running into so many set-ups as well as running bad when all in. Managed to lose 1k from highest point though. Only positive is good volume which i always manage when I lose a lot.

BR:$4022
VPP: 11119

graph since last one:

[img]http://s23.************/yoao2po2z/image.png[/img]
image hosting free

Last edited by Alobar; 04-04-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #84
ramdeebam
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Posts: 485
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

wow sick..being down $700 would be so demotivating.

and yeah...volume is easy when you're losing..seems the case with me and I'm sure most people lol.

GL grinding it back!
ramdeebam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #85
Pokerisfunny
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 463
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

What do you feel about the rake at the HU CAP games? I saw you wrote earlier that you still think you have edge against regs but isnt it pretty sick that rakecap is same for fullstacked HU and for CAP HU? I would assume that atleast the NL50 CAP games would be pretty hard to beat even if 99% of the players is gonna be ******s cause the rake there is huuuge compared to stacks..

GLGL with the grind and would like to hear more about you HU CAP thought in generall
Pokerisfunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #86
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdeebam View Post
wow sick..being down $700 would be so demotivating.

and yeah...volume is easy when you're losing..seems the case with me and I'm sure most people lol.

GL grinding it back!
Yea was pretty domitivating to just keep watching money in my account fall, going from $5xxx in my account to $3xxx+ on my account was annoying. ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerisfunny View Post
What do you feel about the rake at the HU CAP games? I saw you wrote earlier that you still think you have edge against regs but isnt it pretty sick that rakecap is same for fullstacked HU and for CAP HU? I would assume that atleast the NL50 CAP games would be pretty hard to beat even if 99% of the players is gonna be ******s cause the rake there is huuuge compared to stacks..

GLGL with the grind and would like to hear more about you HU CAP thought in generall

Yea on reflection would probably struggle to beat 50nl cap, don't think I gave the rake much consideration when i said that. In fact I doubt I'd be able to beat rake v reg till I reach 2/4 (since rake at 1/2 is probably too big), but didn't like sitting out so played in the games anyway. Yea wouldn't recommend playing cap till 1/2 to anyone cos its pretty hard to beat with such heavy rake. But at 1/2+ its very beatable imo.
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #87
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Had a better few days, breaking even now instead of losing money, just gotta get good volume in over the weekend and await the heater

last two days:

[img]http://s13.************/xbk46dabr/days.png[/img]
upload foto
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #88
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Bouncing back from the downswing nicely, hopefully back to 5k soon so I'm actually in profit for them month.

BR: $4619
VPP: 12,241

two day graph:

[img]http://s23.************/53pc7vb6z/2_dat.png[/img]
upload foto

Thought I'd post a semi interesting hand as well:

PokerStars - $29.37+$0.63|10/20 NL (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (SB): 410
BB: 590

Hero posts SB 10, BB posts BB 20

Pre Flop: (pot: 30) Hero has 5 T

Hero raises to 40, BB calls 20

Flop: (80, 2 players) J Q 5
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (80, 2 players) 9
BB bets 40, Hero calls 40

River: (160, 2 players) A
BB bets 90, Hero raises to 330 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 340
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #89
Fran
banned
 
Fran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Zagreb
Posts: 812
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Gl OP,
Very nerves-demanding game, but beatable with good tilt control,
Crush it! Btw. I found 60s easier than 30s when played them, so dont be afraid of 60s when time arrives
Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #90
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran View Post
Gl OP,
Very nerves-demanding game, but beatable with good tilt control,
Crush it! Btw. I found 60s easier than 30s when played them, so dont be afraid of 60s when time arrives
TY, true, luckily I have good tilt control (chat rants aside) in general.

Think hardest part of $60s is getting established when you take shot. Like when I take another shot only being able to have a 10bi downswing is hard when I play a lot of regs at first but once I've past that hurdle should be fine.
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #91
ramdeebam
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Posts: 485
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Been following ur SS graph lol..

Sod these swings man! haha..nice to see its on the up though, good job! I'm sure I used to remember the days where it effected you taking $20 downswings lol and now you're taking $1k's..and okish with it! Sick.

Really looking forward myself to when you start shot taking those $60's. I guess the money can really flow in at these stakes, if u get decent respect with the lobbies and can keep hold of a ton. I was observing them the other day and there was 2 or 3 regs who was open sitting them..not really getting much fish action tho? :s

NOt sure, maybe the timing was bad but they certainly didn't fill anywhere near as quick as the $30's.


Not to hijack your thread, but as stated - been grinding $7's mainly, currently at like 1k games and $650 in profits so I'm really happy! I know it's nitty, but I've decided I'm going ot aim to get to $1k profits and move full time to $15's. I hope that happens by this time next week; if I grind enough volume and get in 1k games I can't wait to move up!

Once I do move up; I intend on making a thread myself..although I'm a bit dubious about it. Everytime I make a thread I seem to fail within a few weeks, like run like **** or just burnt out! Fingers crossed this time.

Last edited by ramdeebam; 04-08-2013 at 07:39 AM.
ramdeebam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #92
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdeebam View Post
Been following ur SS graph lol..

Sod these swings man! haha..nice to see its on the up though, good job! I'm sure I used to remember the days where it effected you taking $20 downswings lol and now you're taking $1k's..and okish with it! Sick.

Really looking forward myself to when you start shot taking those $60's. I guess the money can really flow in at these stakes, if u get decent respect with the lobbies and can keep hold of a ton. I was observing them the other day and there was 2 or 3 regs who was open sitting them..not really getting much fish action tho? :s

NOt sure, maybe the timing was bad but they certainly didn't fill anywhere near as quick as the $30's.


Not to hijack your thread, but as stated - been grinding $7's mainly, currently at like 1k games and $650 in profits so I'm really happy! I know it's nitty, but I've decided I'm going ot aim to get to $1k profits and move full time to $15's. I hope that happens by this time next week; if I grind enough volume and get in 1k games I can't wait to move up!

Once I do move up; I intend on making a thread myself..although I'm a bit dubious about it. Everytime I make a thread I seem to fail within a few weeks, like run like **** or just burnt out! Fingers crossed this time.
Haha yea the SS graph is getting very swingy. Yea I remember making a thread after I lost 10bis at my first shot at $7s and was so tilted about losing that money, now I learn to just shrug it off, I suppose being very sure that I'm playing well coupled with a nice ev and profit graph and experience in dealing with huge swings helps me just shrug off big losses now, something that I lacked back then.

Yea there are only 2 lobbies but lots of people waiting for a lobby that aren't publicly visible so even though there doesn't seem like there are a ton of fish there are certainly enough.


I really would advise you move up to $15s as soon as you feel comfortable, the people there are genuinely horrendous. If you make a thread with attainable long term goals that should keep you more focused. Like going for supernova and trying to keep the vpps ticking over for me is a good aim for me.
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #93
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Slight heater recently, managed to get into profit for the month and almost back up to 5k, feeling very confident in my game recently and hopefully should be ready to shot take $60s by end of month if I can maintain a good roi.

BR: $4954
VPP: 12658

2 day graph:

[img]http://s8.************/f7z0ksu6t/image.png[/img]
upload foto

My aim at the moment is to learn to fold on paired flops facing obviously nutty 3-bets, I think you could argue otf and ott I was slightly too stubborn:

PokerStars - $29.37+$0.63|10/20 NL (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 490
SB: 510

SB posts SB 10, Hero posts BB 20

Pre Flop: (pot: 30) Hero has 6 8

SB raises to 40, Hero calls 20

Flop: (80, 2 players) 4 Q Q
Hero checks, SB bets 30, Hero raises to 70, SB raises to 110, Hero calls 40

Turn: (300, 2 players) 5
Hero checks, SB bets 70, Hero raises to 340 and is all-in, SB calls 270

River: (980, 2 players) 2

Hero shows 6 8 (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 34%, Flop 2%, Turn 9%)
SB shows Q 9 (Three of a Kind, Queens) (Pre 66%, Flop 98%, Turn 91%)
SB wins 980
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #94
ramdeebam
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Posts: 485
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

wee niceone blue good to see the positive progress.

Also - lol..You know, I've been very very stubborn on paired boards of late. Thinking Ace high/King High are the nuts read less however it seems you take it to another level with 8 high, love it! haha

It's weird though that SB wishes to then try and fold out your bluffs on the flops tho as you would normally always be folding that 4bet on the flop as he reps only Qx/FH (Unless he's levelling u into thinking exactly that, in that case wp to him) and yeah turn was the ultimate stubbornness

Was that vs a reg or a fish btw?

nh's

Last edited by ramdeebam; 04-10-2013 at 07:11 AM.
ramdeebam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #95
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdeebam View Post
wee niceone blue good to see the positive progress.

Also - lol..You know, I've been very very stubborn on paired boards of late. Thinking Ace high/King High are the nuts read less however it seems you take it to another level with 8 high, love it! haha

It's weird though that SB wishes to then try and fold out your bluffs on the flops tho as you would normally always be folding that 4bet on the flop as he reps only Qx/FH (Unless he's levelling u into thinking exactly that, in that case wp to him) and yeah turn was the ultimate stubbornness
*
Was that vs a reg or a fish btw?

nh's
Was a winning reg, I know he's up a lot so that lead me to just thinking he was probably making a play a decent % of the time. Thought I can flat and c/jam over a small turn bet since I can rep Qx very hard here and he will have to fold alot.
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #96
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Getting close to $60s shot again. Bought $200 from VIP store with fpps so only need to win another 1k to be able to have a shot again. Had a good few days, just seem to be running pretty good and playing well, making less mistakes but still some room for improvement.

BR: $5557
VPP: 13192

[img]http://s21.************/s4erz11uf/image.png[/img]
upload foto

Also another fun hand, can't help but go for ambitious bluffs:

PokerStars - $29.37+$0.63|10/20 NL (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 460
SB: 540

SB posts SB 10, Hero posts BB 20

Pre Flop: (pot: 30) Hero has T 7

SB raises to 40, Hero calls 20

Flop: (80, 2 players) 5 7 5
Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: (80, 2 players) 6
Hero bets 35, SB calls 35

River: (150, 2 players) K
Hero bets 70, SB raises to 160, Hero raises to 385 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 470
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #97
Fran
banned
 
Fran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Zagreb
Posts: 812
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Your thread make me start HU hypers again, I love that game but I moved to 9man turbos and fifty50 just because I can play 35-40 tables when mixing these two.. Yes I am also the one who wants many stars under screenname, but I decided that I want my winrate back, I will play some 7s to get back in touch, and proceed to 15s, hopefully I will meet you in some time, when you started 30s? 100bis? Keep crushing!
Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #98
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran View Post
Your thread make me start HU hypers again, I love that game but I moved to 9man turbos and fifty50 just because I can play 35-40 tables when mixing these two.. Yes I am also the one who wants many stars under screenname, but I decided that I want my winrate back, I will play some 7s to get back in touch, and proceed to 15s, hopefully I will meet you in some time, when you started 30s? 100bis? Keep crushing!

No point moving to another game though so you can have lots of tables when you can make so much more money playing a few tables in another format. I started 30s at 50BIs, I've pretty much moved up all the way to here using that system as well. Yea hopefully see you at tables at some point in future.
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #99
Bluenowhere
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,147
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

Managed to get in 211 game day today, I wish I could grind this hard when I'm winning money and not when I'm losing and getting coolered a ton. ev line dropped so much when every time I flat raises they hit draws and just a bunch of other coolers. Obv then went on mega tilt and decided to play until 6am non stop against regs with anywhere between 2 and 5 tables depending on tilt levels.

BR: $5450
VPP: 14232

graph since last update:

[img]http://s11.************/9409hyo4j/since.png[/img]
windows 7 screen shot
Bluenowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #100
ValuetownJL
old hand
 
ValuetownJL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,433
Re: shooting for the high stakes (HU hypers - from $15s to $1000s)

yea pretty big lesson learning when to quit, very very difficult to quit
ValuetownJL is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive