Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2019, 08:13 PM   #176
IllSkill
adept
 
IllSkill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 815
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Really enjoy your thread man. Never heard of Table Tamer, going to have to check it out because this new update is horrendous.
IllSkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:22 PM   #177
ScottyCorbett
centurion
 
ScottyCorbett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 146
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlife46 View Post
great progress mate, happy for you
Thanks bro, hope your grind is going well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oladipo View Post
I either bet large or overbet turn with A9 there idk how much of his range is bet/calling, and I think especially THAT turn needs to be bet instead of checked.....but honestly I donít really know bc I virtually never play that turn as a check - so maybe I am missing smthg.

Nice results as per usual, gonna be hard to outpace you this year

Yw for the no-timer meditation advice
Yeah this combo definitely needs to be bet at equilibrium, but like I said, if they are always putting money in on the turn (because they are betting too many draws) then check becomes higher EV. Also, you need to have some turn protects, if you only ever check here with give ups or conversely you bet this turn every single time, you will be putting alot of money in the middle on a turn that villain (regs) will jam alot for equity denial and you lose a fair bit. As pio suggests though, better hands for this are sets and straights because we unblock that Ax region its more likely we face money being put in the middle.

& thanks will be interesting to see if I can keep the heat up! glgl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSkill View Post
Really enjoy your thread man. Never heard of Table Tamer, going to have to check it out because this new update is horrendous.
Thanks man, glad you enjoy it. It will be a bit buggy untill they patch everything but its still so worth it.
ScottyCorbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:28 AM   #178
barney big nuts
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,489
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

So you are able to grind 4 zone tables with np using table tamer? Would you be a kind man and tell me how tt makes this possible? What type of set up do you have? My eyes suck btw so that could def be part of the problem
Before the awful update I was grinding 2 zone,2reg tables and a few global poker tables. Now I can grind 2 zone and that's pretty much it
I have 2x30's LOL

For me this update has been 100x worse than I could have ever expected so bad in fact that I am gonna start grinding live this week -(


They are doing some sort of update in the next few hours and its supposed to last 7 hours. Let's hope and pray that they fix this garbage
barney big nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:10 AM   #179
ScottyCorbett
centurion
 
ScottyCorbett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 146
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney big nuts View Post
So you are able to grind 4 zone tables with np using table tamer? Would you be a kind man and tell me how tt makes this possible? What type of set up do you have? My eyes suck btw so that could def be part of the problem
Before the awful update I was grinding 2 zone,2reg tables and a few global poker tables. Now I can grind 2 zone and that's pretty much it
I have 2x30's LOL

For me this update has been 100x worse than I could have ever expected so bad in fact that I am gonna start grinding live this week -(


They are doing some sort of update in the next few hours and its supposed to last 7 hours. Let's hope and pray that they fix this garbage


I definetely wouldn't say no problem lol. The update has ****ed just about everyone, including myself. Obtrusive background colours and the chip design makes it hard to follow action. TT just helps me to fold/call quicker and as you can see in the photo, makes the layout cleaner and easier to deal with. Overall though its still tough and has definetely reduced my HPH.
ScottyCorbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:24 AM   #180
barney big nuts
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,489
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

That red is blinding. A guy posted this in the reg thread it still sucks but imo it looks better than what you have going

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...ostcount=53713

Last edited by barney big nuts; 04-15-2019 at 03:52 AM.
barney big nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:01 AM   #181
babaar
old hand
 
babaar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,645
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyCorbett View Post
1st April --> 7th April

H3) River Hero


Flop mixing between all options but favoring 1/3 or x/c. Turn seems like a clear x/c vs size. My assumption on river is that he doesn't jam thin enough (he should be jamming almost all 2 pair +). Not only that I think he raises most sets on flop and might only shove top or second set which we block heavily. We also block 108s and A8 which is the bare 8x which I assumes takes turn size to jam river.

Been thinking about this hand and I can't work out why you chose to c/c the turn. I would have barrelled turn and not even considered c/c. Would you mind explaining why you chose to c/c? Nice river call too.
babaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:50 AM   #182
ScottyCorbett
centurion
 
ScottyCorbett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 146
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaar View Post
Been thinking about this hand and I can't work out why you chose to c/c the turn. I would have barrelled turn and not even considered c/c. Would you mind explaining why you chose to c/c? Nice river call too.
Hey mate thanks. So to start off with both options of x/c and bet are going to be very +ev here on the turn and fairly similar EVs against a balanced opponent, especially on a turn brick where we are uncapped and villain is capped. However just because we have equity and a range adv doesn’t mean we always bet (unless villain severely overfolds). This is a combo that has a large amount of showdown value and an amount of equity against villains range that I guess makes it want to check turn and try to see a river cheap. + we have other turn combos with less/no SDV that want to bet like A5s, A8s, J10s, Q10s, K10s & some back door clubs.
ScottyCorbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:58 PM   #183
Razor Braun Fei
journeyman
 
Razor Braun Fei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lol pairs!
Posts: 245
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Great explanation, are you thinking this attentively during the hand? For me when I review hands that I think were important, I find I like my play, and sort of deconstruct it and go "oh yeah that's what I was thinking", but I tend to play really fast and certainly don't think so in depth during the hand. I can see myself probably insta making that turn c/c but perhaps for the wrong reasons haha.
Razor Braun Fei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:02 PM   #184
ScottyCorbett
centurion
 
ScottyCorbett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 146
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Braun Fei View Post
Great explanation, are you thinking this attentively during the hand? For me when I review hands that I think were important, I find I like my play, and sort of deconstruct it and go "oh yeah that's what I was thinking", but I tend to play really fast and certainly don't think so in depth during the hand. I can see myself probably insta making that turn c/c but perhaps for the wrong reasons haha.
Definitely not when 4 tabling lol. My general thought process will be similar just not as refined. What does villains range look like? What does my range look like? What am I value betting? Do i have worse hands that I can bluff? (quickly think about worse combos) and does this hand have to much SDV? Not all of those are explicitly asked questions, but are happening subconsciously from thousands of hands in a similar spot/intuition and from sims.
ScottyCorbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:02 PM   #185
Razor Braun Fei
journeyman
 
Razor Braun Fei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lol pairs!
Posts: 245
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Cool man it's neat to hear you say that because I can draw similarities to my play albeit at a much smaller level. I know you talk alot about sims/gto, but how much of your play is intution instead of gto? Do you ever have spots where you just have to exploit fold even though it's a annony pool?

I've been following your twitch stream and 2+2 thread because I think you have a really elevated way of thinking about the game that gets me inspired while trudging through the wasteland of lowstakes garbage that I've been playing for years.

I don't wanna derail your thread with a mirco HH, but llemme know if I could PM you with a hand to hear your thoughts.
Cheers
Razor Braun Fei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:09 AM   #186
Seven'
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 53
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Hey,

Amazing thread, it's utterly mind blowing that you've reached that level in such a short amount of time while attending university and having a social life and also working out regularly/playing sports casually, and all of that and you're just 21. You make it look so easy it's ridiculous. I would have a few questions if you don't mind :

1) Around what time do you go to sleep, wake up (without injuries or illnesses) and around how long before bedtime do you stop playing ? (random question but feels important and your life is amazingly well put together)

2) Do you ever listen to music while playing ?

3) I imagine you use Pio Edge now (I can't) but before you did how did you decide on a 3-bet calling range vs specific opponent ranges in percentages (against standard sizings) ? Just looking at a hand equity against a specific range doesn't really tell you very much and Snowie doesn't tell you against what ranges it calls 3-bets which makes it fairly useless as well, so without Edge calling 3-bets with non-obvious hands feels like shooting in the dark.

4) Likewise what is/was your thought process regarding your 4-betting value to bluff ratio vs specific ranges in percentages ?

5) => Like overall let's say you open the BTN, face a 4x by an opponent in the SB who's 3-betting 15% of the time, what goes/went on inside your mind ?

The poker questions are noobish but I'd be very interested to see the thought process of someone who got so good so quickly.

Thank you for your time if you can spare it, and again amazing thread, very inspiring gl with your challenge
Seven' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:31 AM   #187
ScottyCorbett
centurion
 
ScottyCorbett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 146
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Braun Fei View Post
Cool man it's neat to hear you say that because I can draw similarities to my play albeit at a much smaller level. I know you talk alot about sims/gto, but how much of your play is intution instead of gto? Do you ever have spots where you just have to exploit fold even though it's a annony pool?

I've been following your twitch stream and 2+2 thread because I think you have a really elevated way of thinking about the game that gets me inspired while trudging through the wasteland of lowstakes garbage that I've been playing for years.

I don't wanna derail your thread with a mirco HH, but llemme know if I could PM you with a hand to hear your thoughts.
Cheers
Appreciate that man. When I say intuition I don't mean it in a way where I complete deviate from GTO, rather my knowledge of playing a spot thousands of times in combination with sims. But yes I do make a tonne of exploitative adjustments in a majority of spots. Yeah go for it, send it in pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven' View Post
Hey,

Amazing thread, it's utterly mind blowing that you've reached that level in such a short amount of time while attending university and having a social life and also working out regularly/playing sports casually, and all of that and you're just 21. You make it look so easy it's ridiculous. I would have a few questions if you don't mind :

1) Around what time do you go to sleep, wake up (without injuries or illnesses) and around how long before bedtime do you stop playing ? (random question but feels important and your life is amazingly well put together)

2) Do you ever listen to music while playing ?

3) I imagine you use Pio Edge now (I can't) but before you did how did you decide on a 3-bet calling range vs specific opponent ranges in percentages (against standard sizings) ? Just looking at a hand equity against a specific range doesn't really tell you very much and Snowie doesn't tell you against what ranges it calls 3-bets which makes it fairly useless as well, so without Edge calling 3-bets with non-obvious hands feels like shooting in the dark.

4) Likewise what is/was your thought process regarding your 4-betting value to bluff ratio vs specific ranges in percentages ?

5) => Like overall let's say you open the BTN, face a 4x by an opponent in the SB who's 3-betting 15% of the time, what goes/went on inside your mind ?

The poker questions are noobish but I'd be very interested to see the thought process of someone who got so good so quickly.

Thank you for your time if you can spare it, and again amazing thread, very inspiring gl with your challenge
Thanks for the kind words man. If it seems I have it all figured out, I definitely do not! I do take pride in how much effort I put into these aspects of my life but that can also be a downfall. I often go 100% or 0% and struggle to find balance in all aspects of my life which is something I want to work on. to answer your questions:
1) sleep schedule is non-existent. I sleep generally after gym around 11pm-12pm. I try to wake up at 8:30am to start grinding at 9am. I try to finish at 5pm.

2) Always listen to music when grinding or talk to a member of my study group.

3) I dont use pio edge. I use monkersolver pre-flop ranges as a default. Then based upon what I think villain is doing ill adjust (i.e if he under 3-bets from the SB say 10% or so then ill 4bet bluff less and call less.

4) is decided from above. I will not be able to just come up with a ratio based upon if I think they are under 3betting. You would have to know exactly what villain is doing and then node lock that using something like pio-edge. Just use your best judgement and reduce/add combos as you see fit. Getting preflop ranges is a great place to know what is optimal though.
ScottyCorbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:42 AM   #188
Xenoblade
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,214
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

on point #3, aren't you playing on ignition? 10% 3bet from a given position is meaningless given sample size on anon tables
Xenoblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:07 AM   #189
ScottyCorbett
centurion
 
ScottyCorbett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 146
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoblade View Post
on point #3, aren't you playing on ignition? 10% 3bet from a given position is meaningless given sample size on anon tables
I am. You have to play against population average. So if I know that when i get 3bet 4x out of the blinds (reg) I have database analysis to suggest it is x% then I play against that. It is the best you can do in anon.
ScottyCorbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:17 AM   #190
Xenoblade
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,214
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

isn't playing at equilibrium better than that?
Xenoblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:24 AM   #191
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 9,840
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Equilibrium
meale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:57 AM   #192
DrawNone
Pooh-Bah
 
DrawNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5,025
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyCorbett View Post
the double check raise, seldom seen in the wild
DrawNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:38 AM   #193
ScottyCorbett
centurion
 
ScottyCorbett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 146
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoblade View Post
isn't playing at equilibrium better than that?
No, if we have a data point that suggests on AVERAGE a player will do x then we play against that. This way our play is optimised against most opponents. Yes against some villains our strategy will be non optimal where an equilibrium strategy may outperform. But this would be against an outlier and doesn't happen often enough (otherwise the average would be different) and we would play against that average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrawNone View Post
the double check raise, seldom seen in the wild
lol that's because peoples x/r x lines are complete garbage and very exploitable xd
ScottyCorbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:20 AM   #194
PlasticElephant
veteran
 
PlasticElephant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: bitb Ca$h
Posts: 2,212
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

I remember the days when people didn't just explain valuable methodologies in PGC .

Do enjoy the thread though. Also on Stars at least, I was super surprised to find that people actually play x/r, x really quite well.
PlasticElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:37 AM   #195
ScottyCorbett
centurion
 
ScottyCorbett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 146
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticElephant View Post
I remember the days when people didn't just explain valuable methodologies in PGC .

Do enjoy the thread though. Also on Stars at least, I was super surprised to find that people actually play x/r, x really quite well.
Lol unfortunately you are right, clinically diagnosed verbal diarrhea. I'll start charging $30 a question. Makes sense, in screen name games people are conscious they will vs villain again and have some obvious reason to balance. Bad regs here think they can get away w/ it xd
ScottyCorbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:21 AM   #196
skuzlad
grinder
 
skuzlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 601
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticElephant View Post
I remember the days when people didn't just explain valuable methodologies in PGC .

Zzzzzz Scott doesnt know how to keep his mouth shut. No wonder why he loves watching gossip girl.
skuzlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:31 AM   #197
BenaBadBeat
5 or a 9... 5 or a 9...
 
BenaBadBeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 50 shades of grey
Posts: 4,584
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

can we get a redline graph for the fans?!
BenaBadBeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:44 AM   #198
Xenoblade
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,214
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

you have to remove recreational players from the equation though, they 3bet a lot less and will skew your average results

Maybe I should charge too
Xenoblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:17 AM   #199
ScottyCorbett
centurion
 
ScottyCorbett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 146
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuzlad View Post
Zzzzzz Scott doesnt know how to keep his mouth shut. No wonder why he loves watching gossip girl.
delusional live reg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenaBadBeat View Post
can we get a redline graph for the fans?!
Nothing exciting man, slightly below BE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

omfg new BG colours poggs




Selling my trusted welding glasses. Only worn a handful of times, no longer have a use for them. $bad beat story or nearest offer
ScottyCorbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:51 PM   #200
Oladipo
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,097
Re: ScottyCorbett: 2019 500z Grind and Beyond

LOLíd hard at both delusional live reg and the glasses

In skuzís thread the other day I was tempted to ask how his style translated to the Eastern European live felt and what his pf stats were in the live full ring games - over/under 8/6
Oladipo is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive