Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2020, 07:58 AM   #4051
ejames209
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 489
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Shaun Deeb multi tables live MTTs during WSOP. That's a lot of walking.
ejames209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:05 AM   #4052
SelimSuuuup
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 125
Re: The Return of 6bet me

$100 cream? Can we see said product?
SelimSuuuup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:17 AM   #4053
ejames209
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 489
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Earlier in this season of 6bet's journey he bought her $200 face cream when he had a much smaller roll and was in a lot of debt. For that he was mocked, perhaps deserving.

Things are a bit different now though. He has a good roll built up, no debt anymore, I say it's great to give his wife something.
ejames209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:45 AM   #4054
6bet me
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,116
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Busted the tourney 7th out of 17, when only top 3 got paid Also I staked a friend to play this tourney and funnily enough, I actually busted him. I also degen'd and threw $100 on a greyhound race and lost.

So in total, I'm down $500 AUD today, on a day when I wasn't even supposed to gamble... Doesn't feel great, but oh well.
6bet me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:48 AM   #4055
SelimSuuuup
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 125
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Pay in cream?

Poor time to needle. Sorry, felt right.
SelimSuuuup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:52 AM   #4056
harddude
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 220
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Quote:
Doesn't feel great
You wanna always feel good.

Quote:
down $500
Is $500 too much to lose in a day for you making you feel bad? How would you feel if you lost $90?

You need to be like brian (paul) out of fast and the furious saying to dominic (vin) "dude i almost had you" with a big smile on his face after brian lost the race.

That's a statement of gratitude from one of the great movie characters. what are you grateful for 6bet?

Last edited by harddude; 05-23-2020 at 10:58 AM.
harddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:52 AM   #4057
Nope9991
centurion
 
Nope9991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 119
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bet me View Post
The American pork ribs:
Kitchen looks tiny
Nope9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:58 AM   #4058
SpinMeRightRound
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,922
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogarse View Post
Maybe she likes it. Why the **** do you care what his wife puts on her face.

****ing weird dude.
Well it's the fact that OP is always the one who buys it for her. Why is he always the one who buys this stuff? He's still sending money to her family overseas as well. Haven't they rinsed OP of enough money already? It's so sad to see him give away this money which he should be using to build up his savings and move out of his mom's place.

And also I was curious why she needed it now she didn't need it for her work. Women don't "like" putting cream on their faces. They do it for a reason.
SpinMeRightRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:06 AM   #4059
harddude
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 220
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Quote:
move out of his mom's place
Maybe he doesn't want to move out. He's got the money right now to get his own place or share a place with other people with him and his wife.
harddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:08 AM   #4060
Xenoblade
veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,907
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinMeRightRound View Post
Well it's the fact that OP is always the one who buys it for her. Why is he always the one who buys this stuff? He's still sending money to her family overseas as well. Haven't they rinsed OP of enough money already? It's so sad to see him give away this money which he should be using to build up his savings and move out of his mom's place.

And also I was curious why she needed it now she didn't need it for her work. Women don't "like" putting cream on their faces. They do it for a reason.
women put cream on their faces to improve the skin obviously wtf lol it's not rocket science
Xenoblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:03 PM   #4061
iamdonkey
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 116
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinMeRightRound View Post
And also I was curious why she needed it now she didn't need it for her work. Women don't "like" putting cream on their faces. They do it for a reason.
This is hilarious. Can we please get a spin off thread that´s all about you going on the tinder grind?
iamdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:13 PM   #4062
Fodersneso
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 609
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Between Rick trying to demonstrate his fundamentally sound strategies for the umpteenth time and mirage trying to dunk on OP's wife for whatever reason for the umpteenth time, thread's a bigger trainwreck than ever IMHO.

6bet, how's the liferoll doing that you've seperated a few weeks ago? How do you withdraw from PB? How much do you keep in the "account"? Just curious since I don't play on there...
Fodersneso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:06 PM   #4063
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 12,788
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bet me View Post
The American pork ribs:

This kitchen definitely puts things in perspective for me. A lot of poker pros live in pretty meager accommodations and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. What do I or OP really need with a big fancy kitchen? Nothing really.

Thing is, OP has a wife too and this is really not even their kitchen. It's his mum's kitchen. You would think this situation would provide motivation for OP to achieve in order to take care of his wife, his mom, and his wife's family.

As far as I can tell the avg housewife wants a $25k kitchen remodel. OP's wife just wants a $200 container of face cream. It's pretty clear OP's wife is not the money hungry succubus she has been portrayed to be by some in this thread.

As for her family, OP should just send them a picture of his kitchen so they can get off his back. Maybe they'll start sending him money.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:27 PM   #4064
6bet me
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,116
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodersneso View Post
6bet, how's the liferoll doing that you've seperated a few weeks ago? How do you withdraw from PB? How much do you keep in the "account"? Just curious since I don't play on there...
So I'm currently keeping $5k USD in the Bros account and I keep the other $2900 ($4500 AUD) in a separate savings account which I don't touch. That makes the bankroll $7900 total.

I just figure it's good to have a little bit of money in my real bank account, just on the off chance that we all lose our online poker funds (like what happened with Full Tilt back in the day).

As for the liferoll: given the punt and the groceries yesterday, it's down to around $1300 USD ($2k AUD) now. This should be enough though, given I live at home and don't pay rent.

I made all my withdrawals through either bank transfer or meeting the agent in person for cash/chips. And I've never deposited even a single dollar yet, and hopefully never will.
6bet me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:44 PM   #4065
rileymadison2345
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 236
Re: The Return of 6bet me

6 how many accounts do you have, do you split ur roll evenly across them
rileymadison2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:44 PM   #4066
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 12,788
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Jonathan Little suggest leaving nothing more than a day or two worth of buy-ins in your account. $5k seems overboard. If pokerbros gets shut down do you have full confidence your agent will immediately pay you your $5k upon request?
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:49 PM   #4067
IllSkill
adept
 
IllSkill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 807
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Being 22 and living rent free with mom, living like a king with $5k to my name were some of the best times of my life. Leave OP alone.
IllSkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:05 PM   #4068
ejames209
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 489
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
Thing is, OP has a wife too and this is really not even their kitchen. It's his mum's kitchen. You would think this situation would provide motivation for OP to achieve in order to take care of his wife, his mom, and his wife's family.

As far as I can tell the avg housewife wants a $25k kitchen remodel. OP's wife just wants a $200 container of face cream. It's pretty clear OP's wife is not the money hungry succubus she has been portrayed to be by some in this thread.
Yeah this should be the main goal, and I'm sure it is, or at least I hope so. To be able to provide all of that for your wife has to be extremely fulfilling. I would feel pretty bad keeping my wife in my mom's house. It can't be ideal. Eyes on the prize OP
ejames209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:09 PM   #4069
Dubnjoy000
Pooh-Bah
 
Dubnjoy000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ...Roaming in my travel blog...
Posts: 4,732
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
This kitchen definitely puts things in perspective for me. A lot of poker pros live in pretty meager accommodations and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. What do I or OP really need with a big fancy kitchen? Nothing really.

Thing is, OP has a wife too and this is really not even their kitchen. It's his mum's kitchen. You would think this situation would provide motivation for OP to achieve in order to take care of his wife, his mom, and his wife's family.

As far as I can tell the avg housewife wants a $25k kitchen remodel. OP's wife just wants a $200 container of face cream. It's pretty clear OP's wife is not the money hungry succubus she has been portrayed to be by some in this thread.

As for her family, OP should just send them a picture of his kitchen so they can get off his back. Maybe they'll start sending him money.
One of the better posts ITT And especially in the past few days

Indeed, if he can prove that he can maintain his mind on the grind for 3 months - which I HIGHLY doubt he can do, but let's go with it for the sake of this narrative -, then his goal should be indeed to get his own apartment at that point.
Dubnjoy000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:21 PM   #4070
6bet me
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,116
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileymadison2345 View Post
6 how many accounts do you have, do you split ur roll evenly across them
4 accounts and yeah pretty evenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
Jonathan Little suggest leaving nothing more than a day or two worth of buy-ins in your account. $5k seems overboard. If pokerbros gets shut down do you have full confidence your agent will immediately pay you your $5k upon request?
I'm 95% confident. But I'm withdrawing parts of my roll, just in case.

Well it gets annoying when my accounts are too underrolled and I can't top up. Like it costs me $1400 USD just to sit down at 7 tables of 100nl (200bb buyin), and I have auto-topup enabled on every table. So I'd want at least $3k USD spread across my 4 accounts, just so I can comfortably play without running out of chips midway through a session.

But yeah I can probably withdraw anything above that, at least until I start taking 200nl shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejames209 View Post
Yeah this should be the main goal, and I'm sure it is, or at least I hope so. To be able to provide all of that for your wife has to be extremely fulfilling. I would feel pretty bad keeping my wife in my mom's house. It can't be ideal. Eyes on the prize OP
I don't want to dream too big, but I was looking up the cost of studio apartments in my city and the cheapest one I found was around $100k USD. I'm almost 10% of the way to affording that lol. So one of my long-term goals would be to save up for that. I think I'm going to live with my mum in the meantime though, to avoid getting stuck in the rent trap.
6bet me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:30 PM   #4071
Dubnjoy000
Pooh-Bah
 
Dubnjoy000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ...Roaming in my travel blog...
Posts: 4,732
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bet me View Post
I don't want to dream too big, but I was looking up the cost of studio apartments in my city and the cheapest one I found was around $100k USD.
Jesus, just start by getting your own apartment like someone with their own 2 feet and 2 hands in a first world country at your age can and should do, you know
Spoiler:
Dubnjoy000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:31 PM   #4072
tgiggity
Pooh-Bah
 
tgiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Rosarito
Posts: 4,417
Re: The Return of 6bet me

studio apartments are for normies. dream big 6bet
tgiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:52 PM   #4073
6bet me
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,116
Re: The Return of 6bet me

My mum wants me to stay at home. She gets lonely. She says I can live here forever.

I'm the one that wants to move out, when I can afford it. I just don't want to be stuck in the rent trap again, like I was last time I tried going pro. When you have to pay rent, it eats into your bankroll and reduces your chance of success.

So I'll stay here until I have, at the bare minimum: a down payment for an apartment + a decent poker bankroll.

If I go back to uni next year (I'm 50/50 about whether I will), I'll definitely stay living at home until after I graduate.
6bet me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:56 PM   #4074
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 22,064
Re: The Return of 6bet me

It's not a rent trap if you're not the type that is going to maintain a house/yard. I understand you want a house because society has told you that people like you buy a house. But, are you really the type to spend time and money maintaining a house/apartment you own?

Last edited by aoFrantic; 05-23-2020 at 11:04 PM.
aoFrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:06 PM   #4075
6bet me
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,116
Re: The Return of 6bet me

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
It's not a rent trap if you're not the type that is going to maintain a house and yard. I understand you want a house because society has told you that people like you buy a house. But, are you really the type to spend time and money to maintaining a house/apartment you own?
I prefer apartments over houses because it's easier to maintain. I'm a bit of a minimalist. I like to have my own private space and a sense of freedom, but I don't really care for owning a huge mansion or anything too fancy.

I think my wife and I could take care of a small studio apartment, no problem. How hard can it be? Just wash the dishes, take out the trash, occasionally wipe a surface or table, and you're good.
6bet me is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online