Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2017, 04:18 PM   #676
mirage01
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,151
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven5656 View Post
LOL. Think you give way to much credit to random 50z players. Always have set???? 70% of the pool are random recs who can have naked flush draws, straight draws, combo draws, 2 pair.... Sure, if he has read that's SB is a reasonable reg, fold. Otherwise I'm never folding sets vs random 50z players.
The action went bet, raise and reraise from SB. 95% of players would jam those hands not 3bet which is the typical nutted post flop tell. Your other post I agree with. Reg battling mentality at these low stakes is pretty stupid and typical bad reg play. The smart regs just pick off the retards like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahsjdi View Post
It think you get stationed alot in H3 from my experience you get ppl stationing you alot in those spots because they think you just don't valuebet like that.

H4 - Think xjamming river is better than xc with this hand anyway
How did I miss this gold. You expect villian to fold his last 32bb to a xj? Lolz. If you want to bluff lead jam , you can't bluff him once he's bombed river.

Last edited by mirage01; 11-21-2017 at 04:26 PM.
mirage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:36 PM   #677
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,230
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Bankroll is back to $1080

Played really well, made only one medium mistake today, no monkey tilt =D

Some hands

H1: =D

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 117.54 BB
SB: 105.12 BB
BB: 350.26 BB
UTG: 100 BB
MP: 605.08 BB
CO: 105 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A Q

fold, fold, CO raises to 2.24 BB, Hero raises to 7 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 4.76 BB

Flop: (15.5 BB, 2 players) 7 9 A
CO checks, Hero bets 4.86 BB, CO raises to 14.88 BB, Hero calls 10.02 BB

Turn: (45.26 BB, 2 players) 5
CO bets 21.5 BB, Hero calls 21.5 BB

River: (88.26 BB, 2 players) 2
CO bets 61.62 BB and is all-in, fold

CO wins 84.26 BB


H2: checking OTF with this hand is good or not? I thought I would hate to get check-raised there, but there's merits to bet for protection, right?

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 104.28 BB
SB: 309.5 BB
BB: 289.84 BB
UTG: 117.4 BB
MP: 200 BB
CO: 123.72 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q Q

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, UTG calls 6 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 2 T 9
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: (19.5 BB, 2 players) Q
UTG checks, Hero bets 13.9 BB, UTG raises to 35 BB, Hero raises to 95.28 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 85.5 BB


H3: almost jammed the river for like 5x the size of the pot, only with that sizing villain could fold a flush, but he was marked as a stationy weak reg.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 59.42 BB
SB: 164.02 BB
Hero (BB): 106.06 BB
UTG: 68.08 BB
MP: 110.16 BB
CO: 97 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A 3

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

Flop: (4 BB, 2 players) A 6 6
SB bets 2 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

Turn: (8 BB, 2 players) 3
SB bets 4 BB, Hero calls 4 BB

River: (16 BB, 2 players) 5
SB bets 9 BB, Hero calls 9 BB

Spoiler:



H4: vs fish that was looking like an aggro fish

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 101.28 BB
SB: 124.9 BB
BB: 72.66 BB
Hero (UTG): 103.34 BB
MP: 145.72 BB
CO: 255.44 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q A

Hero raises to 2.32 BB, fold, CO calls 2.32 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (6.14 BB, 2 players) J 8 2
Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (6.14 BB, 2 players) 5
Hero checks, CO bets 2.92 BB, Hero calls 2.92 BB

River: (11.98 BB, 2 players) 5
Hero checks, CO bets 11.38 BB, Hero calls 11.38 BB

Spoiler:


H5: vs fish

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 99.06 BB
SB: 107.4 BB
BB: 106.82 BB
UTG: 75.96 BB
Hero (MP): 100 BB
CO: 206.52 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q A

fold, Hero raises to 2.32 BB, CO calls 2.32 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (6.14 BB, 2 players) 4 5 2
Hero bets 1.92 BB, CO calls 1.92 BB

Turn: (9.98 BB, 2 players) 2
Hero checks, CO bets 4.74 BB, Hero calls 4.74 BB

River: (19.46 BB, 2 players) 9
Hero checks, CO bets 9.24 BB, Hero calls 9.24 BB

Spoiler:



H5: this is the kind of bluff that I like the most, simple, on normal spots, way better than having that sweat by jamming the river for 2x pot and wondering if the guy is folding a straight haha

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 106.82 BB
SB: 99 BB
BB: 102.1 BB
UTG: 85.42 BB
MP: 131.74 BB
Hero (CO): 101.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T J

UTG raises to 2.24 BB, fold, Hero raises to 6 BB, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 3.76 BB

Flop: (13.5 BB, 2 players) 4 6 7
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: (13.5 BB, 2 players) 2
UTG bets 8.5 BB, Hero calls 8.5 BB

River: (30.5 BB, 2 players) K
UTG checks, Hero bets 19.12 BB, fold

Hero wins 28.98 BB


H6: owned by a fish D:

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 99 BB
SB: 149.36 BB
BB: 326.36 BB
UTG: 117.04 BB
MP: 121.4 BB
Hero (CO): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q K

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.32 BB, fold, fold, BB raises to 7.46 BB, Hero calls 5.14 BB

Flop: (15.42 BB, 2 players) 9 7 8
BB bets 7 BB, Hero calls 7 BB

Turn: (29.42 BB, 2 players) 4
BB checks, Hero bets 9.24 BB, BB calls 9.24 BB

River: (47.9 BB, 2 players) 4
BB checks, Hero bets 15.06 BB, BB calls 15.06 BB

Spoiler:
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:17 AM   #678
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,230
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Today I thought a little about my mindset and found some theories about why I'm always losing a ton after I win a bunch of money in 50z.

It could be variance, but it happened so many times with such a high consistency: every time I reach the 1200-1400+ bankroll line I almost instantly lose it back. For some reason I managed to grind it back from 700-800 4 times in my 85k hand sample. I think when I'm super down, risking to move back to NL16, I play way better and take it really serious, not underestimating anyone and making really tight folds when needed.

When I'm winning, I'm usually overconfident, thinking I could godmode anyone and make really bad calls like on H4. In the session I played, H4 happened almost right after h5, H5 is a really good call and H4 is good vs some players but I didn't have enough sample to make good assumptions, vs the overall NL50z pool, river bit bets(specially by fish) = very strong hands. I think I made that good hero call on h4 and got overconfident and then made that bad call.

Recently I've been able to deal very well with losing tilt, almost anyone with my poker experience that faced the amount of bull**** I've faced would go on a huge monkey tilt and spewing really hard, but I managed to suck it up and play it fine, even risking my bankroll several times. I think most of my efforts now relating to mental game should be to control winner's tilt, I should try to avoid being overconfident and to think I could godmode anyone. Some confidence is really good, but it can be really dangerous, I need to be more humble and cautious when I start winning.

When thinking about this, I remembered from a ton of things that happened in my life when I was younger that looked like "winner's tilt". On the second year of high school, when I was 16, I made the test to enter the universities, even if I passed I couldn't enter, it was just for training. The thing is that I scored insanely high for someone in the second year of high school(also my school was one of the best of the country), way better than good students in the last year(3rd). I scored way higher than anyone in the school in the second year, even a friend of mine that was the second in class scored below me(he scored 54 out of 90 and I did 60 out of 90, the average of the class was like 30 lol). Btw, the first of the class didn't make the test, I was in the middle, like with a 70%-80% grade.

So with that sick confidence boost, I probably didn't work hard enough and in the next year, I failed the test, got the same score of the second year. Also since I was a kid I didn't like to find coins/money in the street, I threw them away, I think I didn't like to "get lucky" or something. Also I used to destroy some toys that people gave to me for my birthday that I thought weren't very cool(but thinking a little about it, even though they weren't the funniest ones, they were fine and decent).

Will focus on playing my best and to not be overconfident. Thought a little about skipping magic on friday to grind, but I have so much fun in there with my friends that I think it's better than just being a degen and playing poker. Also in my life right now I don't have much time for social interaction, so it's good for my health to keep going there.

Last edited by Rapidesh123; 11-22-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:25 AM   #679
Fatboy54
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,840
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

A genuine question. Is your pokerstars username "out"?
Fatboy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #680
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,230
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy54 View Post
A genuine question. Is your pokerstars username "out"?
it's the same as on 2+2, rapidesh123

I play usually during 8PM-10:30 PM GMT+0 time
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:02 AM   #681
Fatboy54
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,840
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

I know, I've seen you. I wanted to ask the question though because I try to be an ethical player and 2+2 poster, and I didn't want to "out it" if you were wishing to keep it private.

Anyway, some guys have tried to help you...here's my go.

You seem to have built your game on very shaky foundations, in other words, somewhere along the way you didn't learn some of the basics. Here are a couple, just to get you thinking "I gotta plug these leaks".

Ego has no place in poker and in your case it seems to be serious mindset issue. You seem more interest in running down other regs, than in winning money. Who cares about the quality of the 50nlz pool, which I play in by the way, surely all that matters is there are sufficient fish at 50nlz to print money from (and much of the time there are loads). Why do you worry so much about the quality/tactics of other regs? At 50 nlz (and probably a little higher too) you can tighten your ranges right down versus regs, which achieves two things: one, it gives you a range advantage, two it makes it far easier to balance your ranges, as you have way less combos to worry about. This will lessen variation and yeah sure regs will be able to exploit you (a little bit) pre flop (but not post flop if your balanced postflop game is strong) but who cares...just focus on stacking abundant fish.

Information is everything. Do you think I am the only 50nlz reg that reads your blog, notes your ranges, post flop play and compares them to my HUD stats on you? You wonder about regs stationing you..(your words)...you are loose preflop (your words) and nitty postflop (your words). The more you play the more every reg in the pool will seek to exploit that. And what do you know about other regs (like me). Not a lot I'd guess, other than what is in your HUD, and mostly because intuitively you don't respect your opponents (your words again) so intuitively you are disrespecting their exploitative moves in your own head, instead of spinning it round and thinking "what does he know about me that is making him play like that".

The longer you play in the same pool the more regs will cotton on to your style and adapt (especially those that read this blog). Many regs, like me take a genuine interest in how others play, because in the end this is how you improve your edges. Your mindset seems to preclude this possibility and this will limit your progress.

Just my opinion, you might disagree with everyword, but a least be thankful people spend time out their day to write this stuff.
Fatboy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:25 AM   #682
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,230
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy54 View Post
I know, I've seen you. I wanted to ask the question though because I try to be an ethical player and 2+2 poster, and I didn't want to "out it" if you were wishing to keep it private.

Anyway, some guys have tried to help you...here's my go.

You seem to have built your game on very shaky foundations, in other words, somewhere along the way you didn't learn some of the basics. Here are a couple, just to get you thinking "I gotta plug these leaks".

Ego has no place in poker and in your case it seems to be serious mindset issue. You seem more interest in running down other regs, than in winning money. Who cares about the quality of the 50nlz pool, which I play in by the way, surely all that matters is there are sufficient fish at 50nlz to print money from (and much of the time there are loads). Why do you worry so much about the quality/tactics of other regs? At 50 nlz (and probably a little higher too) you can tighten your ranges right down versus regs, which achieves two things: one, it gives you a range advantage, two it makes it far easier to balance your ranges, as you have way less combos to worry about. This will lessen variation and yeah sure regs will be able to exploit you (a little bit) pre flop (but not post flop if your balanced postflop game is strong) but who cares...just focus on stacking abundant fish.

Information is everything. Do you think I am the only 50nlz reg that reads your blog, notes your ranges, post flop play and compares them to my HUD stats on you? You wonder about regs stationing you..(your words)...you are loose preflop (your words) and nitty postflop (your words). The more you play the more every reg in the pool will seek to exploit that. And what do you know about other regs (like me). Not a lot I'd guess, other than what is in your HUD, and mostly because intuitively you don't respect your opponents (your words again) so intuitively you are disrespecting their exploitative moves in your own head, instead of spinning it round and thinking "what does he know about me that is making him play like that".

The longer you play in the same pool the more regs will cotton on to your style and adapt (especially those that read this blog). Many regs, like me take a genuine interest in how others play, because in the end this is how you improve your edges. Your mindset seems to preclude this possibility and this will limit your progress.

Just my opinion, you might disagree with everyword, but a least be thankful people spend time out their day to write this stuff.
I think you're on point with your analysis, but when I mean "bad regs", I'm talking about non-thinking players. In nl50z there are some regs that are thinking and fighting and trying to get better, like trojanovich, you(even though I don't know your SN), legenda99(he is the one I think it's the best NL50z reg from the times I play) and other ones.

I'm a flashy player and it really makes life harder for me in the tables, some guys get tilted or try to outplay me really hard. Some guys tilt and then they tilt me with their plays too. But I really don't care about giving free info in this thread and throwing some cool hands, most of the stuff I post here is just cool hands that I enjoyed playing with my reasoning behind. And since you play on 50z, you know that I'm not that 40/35 super spewy guy who is always betting. I give up on a ton of spots, specially when my blockers suck

Now about avoiding other regs, that's something I don't agree. I would play tighter because "he is 3-betting me too much" or because the fish is likely to limp-raise, so I won't isolate as wide. I tighten my game depending on factors that make sense(strategy). Now tightening up because "he is a reg, I'm afraid to get exploited, let's just own fish and avoid getting in trouble" is something I'm totally against and I won't do that.

I take that approach because if I'm not comfortable playing a decent NL50z reg now, how I'll be able to move up? If I can't fight those guys now and give them a good fight right now, when I'll start fighting them? When I'm at higher stakes and they're way better? I always take the harder route(even if it means getting mediocre results) because I'll get better in that way. I may have lost some money to regs because of not "tightening up", but I learned a ton of stuff and got better. In the end, I think that knowledge will pay off and will be more valuable than a couple of BIs.

I'm not talking here about reg battling pretty hard, that is just bad and I'm doing my best to avoid those crazy wars of 4-betting 30% of hands. I'm talking about playing as I should do vs a reg and not avoiding fights or really going out of my way just to give some respect to those regs.
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:40 PM   #683
Fatboy54
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,840
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Now about avoiding other regs, that's something I don't agree
Where did I say anything about avoiding regs? I said play them with an advantage. Either position, range or both. I wonder how many 100 - 500 ml blogs you have followed? I followed a few (the one that are credible, not the ones that are just full of ego b/s) and they all seem to play at peak fish hours. The guy that was on the BBC (now coaching) made a point of saying his working day was 8pm to the early hours. Unless you play in pool with a decent supply of fish whatever level you play at, you are not gonna make a living out of this gig.

TBC, I'm not avoiding regs; I'm (trying) to play them with an advantage. With a reg like yourself, that is dead easy because preflop you are pretty wide. (That said we have not played a hand together yet, although we nearly did a few minutes ago

Anyway, I'm repeating myself, so I'll clear off for now and wish you GL
Fatboy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:32 PM   #684
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,230
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy54 View Post
TBC, I'm not avoiding regs; I'm (trying) to play them with an advantage.
If it were that simple, then anyone would be able to play solid vs otb_redbaron, play tight, wait for fish and bumhunt losing as few bucks as you can vs those sickos from the high stakes.

When you fold a good hand from the button, like 9To, you're letting the blinds go away for free to your opponents. By doing that, you get to the flop with a stronger range, but at the cost of a chance to steal the blinds with other hands that are profitable.

I'm not going out of my way to fight strong opponents, but if they are there, I'll do my best vs them and try to make the most EV from that situation.
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:46 PM   #685
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,230
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Bankroll is at $1340

Forced myself to quit after I won the 5th BI so I wouldn't get my winner's tilt. Will play magic with my friends tomorrow and try to focus on not being overconfident with these recent small victories in poker.

Some hands

H1: this one is going to BBV haha.
Btw, this wasn't even godmode, the guy that donked was a reg, other guy was a whale, he went so greedy that he lost the opportunity to get my stack lol. Do you fold here, brokenstars? Remembered of you during the hand.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 104.42 BB
Hero (SB): 101.04 BB
BB: 155.06 BB
UTG: 66.86 BB
MP: 132.4 BB
CO: 165.6 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5 6

fold, MP raises to 2.74 BB, CO calls 2.74 BB, fold, Hero calls 2.24 BB, fold

Flop: (9.22 BB, 3 players) T K A
Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets 4 BB, Hero calls 4 BB, MP calls 4 BB

Turn: (21.22 BB, 3 players) 4
Hero checks, MP bets 14.52 BB, fold, fold

MP wins 20.16 BB

H2: Good check OTR?

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 255.66 BB
SB: 56.76 BB
BB: 104.02 BB
UTG: 121.36 BB
Hero (MP): 100 BB
CO: 113.48 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 2 2

fold, Hero raises to 2.32 BB, CO raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 6.68 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 2 T 3
Hero checks, CO bets 6.12 BB, Hero calls 6.12 BB

Turn: (31.74 BB, 2 players) J
Hero checks, CO checks

River: (31.74 BB, 2 players) 2
Hero checks, CO bets 22.62 BB, Hero raises to 84.88 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 73.14 BB


H3: tanked a ton OTR, vs unknown

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 110.62 BB
SB: 238.02 BB
BB: 148.56 BB
UTG: 190.7 BB
MP: 100 BB
CO: 183.48 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 6 8

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.32 BB, fold, BB calls 1.32 BB

Flop: (5.14 BB, 2 players) Q T 6
BB checks, Hero bets 1.6 BB, BB calls 1.6 BB

Turn: (8.34 BB, 2 players) 5
BB checks, Hero bets 8 BB, BB calls 8 BB

River: (24.34 BB, 2 players) T
BB bets 23 BB, Hero calls 23 BB

Spoiler:



H4: Ok call OTF? I called because I had some backdoors and maybe sometimes could pull plays like this OTT

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 134.54 BB
SB: 240.28 BB
BB: 82.5 BB
UTG: 100 BB
MP: 83.64 BB
CO: 87.44 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5 A

fold, MP calls 1 BB, CO calls 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB, SB raises to 6 BB, fold, MP calls 5 BB, CO calls 5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

Flop: (25 BB, 4 players) K 4 K
SB bets 7 BB, MP calls 7 BB, fold, Hero calls 7 BB

Turn: (46 BB, 3 players) 9
SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets 22.72 BB, fold, fold

Hero wins 43.7 BB


H5: vs reg that almost never 4-bets + a fish, the reg also folds a ton to 3-bets

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 150.38 BB
Hero (SB): 104.54 BB
BB: 52.44 BB
UTG: 116.38 BB
MP: 126.12 BB
CO: 193.3 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8 T

UTG raises to 2.24 BB, MP calls 2.24 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 12 BB, fold, UTG calls 9.76 BB, MP calls 9.76 BB

Flop: (37 BB, 3 players) 5 6 7
Hero checks, UTG bets 10.2 BB, MP calls 10.2 BB, Hero raises to 92.54 BB and is all-in, UTG raises to 104.38 BB and is all-in, fold

Turn: (232.28 BB, 2 players) T

River: (232.28 BB, 2 players) 5
Players agreed to run it twice.

Turn #2: (232.28 BB, 2 players) A

River #2: (232.28 BB, 2 players) 9

Spoiler:
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:56 PM   #686
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,230
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Bankroll is at $1260

Ran 5 BI below EV today, unbelievable how many fish there are at the tables during the weekend. My redline struggles a ton in those days lol, people never fold, but my blue line does pretty well.

Played well today, made probably 50bb worth of spew and more 50bb by making a bad play. Quit playing early because a thunderstorm started, and when it rains, internet here in Brazil starts disconnecting a ton. I think I'll be able to reach my goal of 30k hands by the end of the month, will try to push some decent volume tomorrow after I finish my study.

Graph for the month so far



I'm running quite below EV, but getting lucky in non-all in spots

Some hands

H1: And he is going all in, johnny chan the master! The beauty of this move is that when this guy goes into that flop with no flush draw with 9 high, he knows I'm jamming AK, AT, all my garbage hands and he can't do anything.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 159.2 BB
SB: 74.02 BB
BB: 156.12 BB
UTG: 97.12 BB
MP: 59.56 BB
Hero (CO): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A A

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.32 BB, fold, fold, BB raises to 9.32 BB, Hero raises to 22 BB, BB calls 12.68 BB

Flop: (44.5 BB, 2 players) 4 2 5
BB checks, Hero bets 78 BB and is all-in, BB calls 78 BB

Turn: (200.5 BB, 2 players) 7

River: (200.5 BB, 2 players) 8
Players agreed to run it twice.

Turn #2: (200.5 BB, 2 players) K

River #2: (200.5 BB, 2 players) Q

Spoiler:


H2: that's the hand I played poorly, it was a fold OTT and definitely a fold OTR, weaktight player got me really good in this one

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 145.28 BB
SB: 145.06 BB
BB: 172.26 BB
UTG: 100 BB
Hero (MP): 103.16 BB
CO: 121.46 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q A

fold, Hero raises to 2.32 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 1.32 BB

Flop: (5.14 BB, 2 players) 9 3 3
BB checks, Hero bets 1.6 BB, BB raises to 3.2 BB, Hero calls 1.6 BB

Turn: (11.54 BB, 2 players) A
BB checks, Hero bets 3.62 BB, BB raises to 8 BB, Hero calls 4.38 BB

River: (27.54 BB, 2 players) K
BB bets 13.08 BB, Hero calls 13.08 BB

Spoiler:



H3: Misread the board, was 100% sure I had the FD in this one lol. But as played it isn't as bad as it looks, I think I have tons of fold equity there

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 173.34 BB
SB: 52.5 BB
BB: 184.32 BB
UTG: 156.78 BB
MP: 44.2 BB
Hero (CO): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T 9

UTG raises to 2.5 BB, fold, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, SB calls 7.5 BB, fold, UTG calls 5.5 BB

Flop: (25 BB, 3 players) 4 4 5
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets 7.86 BB, SB calls 7.86 BB, fold

Turn: (40.72 BB, 2 players) Q
SB checks, Hero bets 84.14 BB and is all-in, SB calls 36.64 BB and is all-in

River: (114 BB, 2 players) K

Spoiler:



H4: not much strat about this one, but I was really mad when he 3-bet the river, had to call because of the "retard factor" mixgrill talks about lol.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 104.2 BB
SB: 234.34 BB
Hero (BB): 100 BB
UTG: 181.44 BB
MP: 206.44 BB
CO: 200.88 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9 9

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) 8 Q 4
Hero checks, UTG bets 5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

Turn: (16.5 BB, 2 players) Q
Hero checks, UTG checks

River: (16.5 BB, 2 players) 9
Hero checks, UTG bets 11 BB, Hero raises to 39.26 BB, UTG raises to 173.44 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 52.74 BB and is all-in

Spoiler:



H5: I'm such a nit, was so afraid of him having AQ here after he called the turn

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 117.82 BB
SB: 104.68 BB
BB: 145.8 BB
UTG: 100.82 BB
MP: 99.14 BB
Hero (CO): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J Q

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.32 BB, fold, SB raises to 5.64 BB, fold, Hero calls 3.32 BB

Flop: (12.28 BB, 2 players) 2 Q 3
SB bets 9 BB, Hero raises to 30 BB, SB calls 21 BB

Turn: (72.28 BB, 2 players) 3
SB bets 8 BB, Hero raises to 64.36 BB and is all-in, SB calls 56.36 BB

River: (201 BB, 2 players) 4

Spoiler:



H6: terrible call by reg OTR, even I don't have tons of bluffs there OTR and he blocks some of my only bluffs there.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 168.78 BB
SB: 289.2 BB
Hero (BB): 103.1 BB
UTG: 89.2 BB
MP: 197 BB
CO: 105.06 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T T

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 2.8 BB, Hero raises to 8.4 BB, SB calls 5.6 BB

Flop: (16.8 BB, 2 players) 4 4 A
SB checks, Hero bets 5.28 BB, SB calls 5.28 BB

Turn: (27.36 BB, 2 players) T
SB checks, Hero bets 19.5 BB, SB calls 19.5 BB

River: (66.36 BB, 2 players) J
SB checks, Hero bets 69.92 BB and is all-in, SB calls 69.92 BB

Spoiler:



H7: vs someone that was shaping to be a very aggro player, sadly he didn't double barrel lol

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 108.98 BB
SB: 160.02 BB
BB: 185.54 BB
UTG: 60.8 BB
MP: 96 BB
Hero (CO): 101.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K 9

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.32 BB, fold, SB raises to 7.96 BB, fold, Hero calls 5.64 BB

Flop: (16.92 BB, 2 players) 2 5 8
SB bets 12.06 BB, Hero calls 12.06 BB

Turn: (41.04 BB, 2 players) 8
SB checks, Hero bets 81.48 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 38.98 BB


H8: vs reg that hates to fold and views me as a super aggro guy, decided to check-call the flop rather than check-raise because he was double barreling a ton, so I think I could put a ton of pressure on his draws/made hands there OTT with the jam and punishing him for attacking my checking range OTF twice.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 232.5 BB
Hero (SB): 108.64 BB
BB: 112.8 BB
UTG: 211 BB
MP: 100 BB
CO: 108.38 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A Q

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, BTN calls 7 BB

Flop: (19 BB, 2 players) T 5 4
Hero checks, BTN bets 10 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

Turn: (39 BB, 2 players) 9
Hero checks, BTN bets 20 BB, Hero raises to 89.64 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 69.64 BB

River: (218.28 BB, 2 players) 7
Players agreed to run it twice.

River #2: (218.28 BB, 2 players) 5

Spoiler:


H9: I need help on this one, was it a well played hand? OTF is kinda loose, but I have some backdoor draws and some SDV. OTT, it's an OK call, right? I feel some regs are capable of overbet bluffing OTT, caught some regs doing that sometimes. OTR I decided to fold because his backdoor draws got there and I blocked his bluffs(8h), thought it was way better to call OTR with a spade blocker. Btw, thought about jamming the river, could it be a good idea?

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 135.98 BB
SB: 367.74 BB
Hero (BB): 100 BB
UTG: 166.2 BB
MP: 111.66 BB
CO: 49.94 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8 A

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.2 BB, fold, Hero calls 1.2 BB

Flop: (4.9 BB, 2 players) J 2 5
Hero checks, BTN bets 1.52 BB, Hero calls 1.52 BB

Turn: (7.94 BB, 2 players) A
Hero checks, BTN bets 11.38 BB, Hero calls 11.38 BB

River: (30.7 BB, 2 players) 5
Hero checks, BTN bets 22.46 BB, fold

BTN wins 29.16 BB

H10: vs reg with really low AF that folds a ton OTF and OTT, good bet-fold OTR?

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 101 BB
SB: 42.1 BB
BB: 100.32 BB
UTG: 122.4 BB
MP: 103.56 BB
CO: 142.04 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K Q

fold, fold, CO raises to 2.5 BB, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 5.5 BB

Flop: (17.5 BB, 2 players) 9 Q 6
CO checks, Hero bets 8.64 BB, CO calls 8.64 BB

Turn: (34.78 BB, 2 players) 7
CO checks, Hero checks

River: (34.78 BB, 2 players) 7
CO checks, Hero bets 21.8 BB, CO raises to 125.4 BB and is all-in, fold

CO wins 74.46 BB

Last edited by Rapidesh123; 11-25-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:07 PM   #687
PandaLife
veteran
 
PandaLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Eating your bamboo
Posts: 2,369
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Nice EV, keep it up!

H4 I don't understand your thoughts about being mad facing the river 3b, it's a snapcall 100% of the time, don't ever think about folding this vs UTG. I assume it was vs recreational/unknown, even if the guy is playing 100 vpip we're pretty much beaten by one combo (QQ) and even that might bet turn, where as he will have trips, straights or some random stuff

H9 I'd prefer to have Ah instead but it can't be too wrong considering we need to defend more vs that sizing. Turn is very villain dependant, but I'd mostly be folding tbh. There are tons of bad rivers we'll fold on vs a 3brl, plus facing these sizings otf+ott I think we can expect high frequency river betting. About bluffing river, think about how you defend BBvBTN and what hands in your pf flatting range you xr vs xc on this flop. I doubt you have many hands that can xr jam river for value on this runout as played. It's an interesting hand, did you have any reads/sample on this reg?

H10 I'd take this to SD vs a nitty/passive reg, if we want to bet two streets I'd prefer flop+turn in this spot, I think most will be more likely to call again ott w JJ/TT/88 especially with a diamond than he is to hero river facing a bxb line. This prob doesn't happen that much, but you open yourself up to getting bluffed off the best hand by taking this line, your sets/2pairs and flushes should just barrel turn, so you'll end up bet/folding too much otr.
PandaLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:16 PM   #688
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,230
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

my bad, on h6 his call is fine, thought he didn't havw a heart in his hand and Kh is a good blocker
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:02 AM   #689
mirage01
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,151
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Kq is a turn bet with no d. Checking is negative in every way IP. Just made rivers awful to play. I assume you x because flush turned which is fishy. You should know better.
mirage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:53 AM   #690
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,230
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage01 View Post
Kq is a turn bet with no d. Checking is negative in every way IP. Just made rivers awful to play. I assume you x because flush turned which is fishy. You should know better.
It's not an autobet OTT with that combo.

First, from an exploitative point of view, villain was folding 70% OTT, so he was almost never calling with worse.

In fact, we should me more likely to bet with the diamond rather than doing it without the diamond, it's like that because we have more equity in the pot.

Also villain has way more AQ than we do, by betting that turn like that, we would be valuetowning ourselves a ton there. Against regs that hate to fold(he wasn't one of them), I was valuebetting the turn and jamming most rivers, but not this guy.

From a theory perspective, we shouldn't bet or check 100% of the time, it is probably a mix of both, by betting all the time OTT we leave ourselves with a crappy range OTR which villain can make razor thin valuebets with hands like QT+QJ + tons of bluffs, putting a ton on our range which wouldn't be capable of defending very well against that strat.

the flush was also pretty relevant, since the reg had a very low raise cbet %, so he was probably nutted in his raising range and had most of his FDs on his calling range, making it way more dangerous for us to thin valuebet KQ there vs him.
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #691
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,230
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaLife View Post
Nice EV, keep it up!

H4 I don't understand your thoughts about being mad facing the river 3b, it's a snapcall 100% of the time, don't ever think about folding this vs UTG. I assume it was vs recreational/unknown, even if the guy is playing 100 vpip we're pretty much beaten by one combo (QQ) and even that might bet turn, where as he will have trips, straights or some random stuff

H9 I'd prefer to have Ah instead but it can't be too wrong considering we need to defend more vs that sizing. Turn is very villain dependant, but I'd mostly be folding tbh. There are tons of bad rivers we'll fold on vs a 3brl, plus facing these sizings otf+ott I think we can expect high frequency river betting. About bluffing river, think about how you defend BBvBTN and what hands in your pf flatting range you xr vs xc on this flop. I doubt you have many hands that can xr jam river for value on this runout as played. It's an interesting hand, did you have any reads/sample on this reg?

H10 I'd take this to SD vs a nitty/passive reg, if we want to bet two streets I'd prefer flop+turn in this spot, I think most will be more likely to call again ott w JJ/TT/88 especially with a diamond than he is to hero river facing a bxb line. This prob doesn't happen that much, but you open yourself up to getting bluffed off the best hand by taking this line, your sets/2pairs and flushes should just barrel turn, so you'll end up bet/folding too much otr.
Yeah, I'm never folding 99, I just think that it's a tough spot, I see myself getting owned there a ton, but for that price I`m never folding

On H9 I didn`t have much history/reads on the reg, really interesting hand though.

On H10 I think the bet check bet line makes us look so weak, even though it`s a line used almost always by nits as a pot control/valuebet line because they can`t get called by worse by going bet bet bet, I think with my image I can get a ton of weird calls there OTR. Maybe it could be a bet check check vs someone who can`t call with worse? I think that`s super weak and bad play overall, but vs some villains it could be a fine play. Btw, I don`t think people are check-raising the river very often as a bluff, they would need to turn hands into a bluff, like JJ, 9x, Qx. I`ve seen some guys doing it from time to time, but it`s a really advanced line to use as a bluff that I don`t think most NL50z people are capable of doing.

Even a monkey like me isn`t bluffing in those spots enough. Recently I thought a little about my river check-raises and I found out that I was way underbluffing in those spots. It could be variance, also I control myself for not bluffing stations. But I don`t expect one guy that isn`t even semi-bluffing OTF to turn hands into a sick bluff like that OTR lol.
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 05:03 PM   #692
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,230
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Some cool hands for today, volume wasn't good, it took me a ton of time to finish my study and soon I'll watch mixgrill's stream, maybe will play more later

H1: good river bluff? I block some of his busted draws, but I block also 77 and AKss, which he probably calls OTR. I get an idea that people get too afraid of those A/K cards when they're holding an overpair when we're basically repping trips.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 107.5 BB
SB: 146.92 BB
Hero (BB): 111.88 BB
UTG: 132.36 BB
MP: 124.06 BB
CO: 111.62 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7 K

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2 BB, fold, Hero calls 1 BB

Flop: (4.5 BB, 2 players) T 6 T
Hero checks, BTN bets 3 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, BTN calls 7 BB

Turn: (24.5 BB, 2 players) 7
Hero bets 17.46 BB, BTN calls 17.46 BB

River: (59.42 BB, 2 players) A
Hero bets 42.34 BB, BTN calls 42.34 BB

Spoiler:



H2: vs good reg, ok?

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 163.84 BB
Hero (SB): 103.4 BB
BB: 100 BB
UTG: 79.68 BB
MP: 100 BB
CO: 52.1 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5 3

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.2 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, BTN calls 6.8 BB

Flop: (19 BB, 2 players) A 7 2
Hero bets 5.96 BB, BTN calls 5.96 BB

Turn: (30.92 BB, 2 players) 9
Hero bets 22.04 BB, BTN calls 22.04 BB

River: (75 BB, 2 players) 6
Hero bets 66.4 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 71.24 BB


H3: initial raiser is a reg that almost never cbets, SB is a weaktight fish with 80% fold to flop cbet. Decided to make a donking range here vs those 2 players, it's an exploitable range made of only bluffs/semibluffs, simply because those guys aren't paying me off almost never. Also my line looks very strong for the reg and this board doesn't hit him so well. Is my thought process OK when taking into account exploiting those 2 players? If reg decides to bluff raise me OTF he will print money like crazy, because the fish is folding anyways.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 100 BB
SB: 101.06 BB
Hero (BB): 104.2 BB
UTG: 33.88 BB
MP: 300.98 BB
CO: 152.86 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 6 Q

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.76 BB, SB calls 2.26 BB, Hero calls 1.76 BB

Flop: (8.28 BB, 3 players) 7 8 2
SB checks, Hero bets 7.06 BB, fold, SB calls 7.06 BB

Turn: (22.4 BB, 2 players) K
SB checks, Hero bets 16 BB, SB calls 16 BB

River: (54.4 BB, 2 players) J
SB checks, Hero bets 78.38 BB and is all-in, SB calls 75.24 BB and is all-in

Spoiler:



H4: vs someone shaping to be a very aggro player, if we're folding it's OTF, right?

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 209.54 BB
SB: 100.5 BB
BB: 160.16 BB
UTG: 86.12 BB
Hero (MP): 101.5 BB
CO: 217.84 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T T

UTG raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 2 BB, fold, BTN raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, UTG calls 8 BB, Hero calls 8 BB

Flop: (31.5 BB, 3 players) 8 3 9
UTG checks, Hero checks, BTN bets 22 BB, fold, Hero calls 22 BB

Turn: (75.5 BB, 2 players) 6
Hero checks, BTN bets 71.72 BB, Hero calls 69.5 BB and is all-in

River: (214.5 BB, 2 players) K

Spoiler:



H5: vs unknown, decided for the check-shove OTT because my hand has so many outs even vs the top of his range, also I'm getting the idea that in those sunday/saturday sessions, we end up valuebetting fish like crazy by taking these kind of lines with pair + draws.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 442.1 BB
Hero (SB): 100.5 BB
BB: 100 BB
UTG: 150.08 BB
MP: 109.64 BB
CO: 147 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J A

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.54 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, BTN calls 7.46 BB

Flop: (21 BB, 2 players) 7 3 J
Hero bets 6.6 BB, BTN calls 6.6 BB

Turn: (34.2 BB, 2 players) 8
Hero checks, BTN bets 25 BB, Hero raises to 83.9 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 58.9 BB

River: (202 BB, 2 players) K
Players agreed to run it twice.

River #2: (202 BB, 2 players) T

Spoiler:
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 05:09 PM   #693
dittoro
journeyman
 
dittoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 258
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

H2 u should definetly give up river
dittoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:49 AM   #694
mirage01
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,151
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

H2 looks like a deliberate punt. You say he's a good reg then decide to 3bet him oop with 53s seemingly ignoring the advice you were give last page on how to exploit regs intelligently. Surely you don't think that's really a plus EV spot. Then bomb away on terrible run out.

TT have to go broke vs aggro players or almost anyone actually. Even micro regs way out of line in those spots these days.
mirage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:02 AM   #695
5890
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 53
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

H2 - I agree this is a wide 3bet vs reg, but after looking in more depth(I was curious) turn bet is not terrible I think it should be a very low frequency thing, but as played river should always then be a jam with this part of your range, so betting turn to give up this river would be the worst option!
5890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:47 AM   #696
mahsjdi
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,423
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

The reason you're not winning is because of your preflop leaks
mahsjdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:07 AM   #697
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,230
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage01 View Post
H2 looks like a deliberate punt. You say he's a good reg then decide to 3bet him oop with 53s seemingly ignoring the advice you were give last page on how to exploit regs intelligently. Surely you don't think that's really a plus EV spot. Then bomb away on terrible run out.

TT have to go broke vs aggro players or almost anyone actually. Even micro regs way out of line in those spots these days.
If you think I 3-bet 53s all the time, you're wrong.

Any good reg on 50z knows people never bluff OTR in the stakes we play, if they somehow level themselves into calling there OTR with TPGK, then they will probably just be crushed in the field. The reason I bluffed there was because I respect the guy. 53s is kinda loose, but as I said, I 3-bet some hands a small % of the time. Otherwise I would have a 20% 3-bet, which I don't have.

You say we should fold a set and now call TT there vs someone almost potting vs 2 people OTF, which they could easily have an overpair. Now looking at my play, I think it should be a fold OTF, got carried away, if I had a good sample on the guy, fine.

Was looking at my hands from tomorrow and found those 2 which look really interesting, any ideas?

H1: OTR it smells so much like QQ, the other guy was a whale, but I had no info on the PFR, he looked nitty. I called mostly because of pot odds and that the whale was almost always behind me. I couldn't believe the pfr kept valueowning himself like crazy with that sizing, in 50z people are so nitty when it comes to valuebetting. The pfr can't have trips, he looked like a nit, should we raise our hand OTR or just calling? Vs weaktight reg, we're folding the river, right?

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 100 BB
SB: 318.56 BB
Hero (BB): 100 BB
UTG: 101.94 BB
MP: 212.04 BB
CO: 122.38 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 3 4

fold, MP raises to 2 BB, CO calls 2 BB, BTN calls 2 BB, fold, Hero calls 1 BB

Flop: (8.5 BB, 4 players) 4 4 Q
Hero checks, MP bets 4 BB, CO calls 4 BB, fold, Hero calls 4 BB

Turn: (20.5 BB, 3 players) 7
Hero checks, MP bets 10 BB, CO calls 10 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

River: (50.5 BB, 3 players) T
Hero checks, MP bets 34 BB, CO calls 34 BB, Hero calls 34 BB

Spoiler:



H2: vs 14 vpip guy over 74 hands, seems fishy. Flop sizing was a mistake, was autopiloting at the time, thought he were the BB, even if he were, should have bet bigger for value. Is anyone folding the turn? We're folding the river, right? Even with that flop sizing OTF villain can still have 22, some guys love to slowplay sets and this guy is shaping to be that type. Also he can have Q9, straights, good fold?

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 87.12 BB
SB: 100 BB
BB: 94.32 BB
UTG: 194.62 BB
Hero (MP): 100 BB
CO: 96.14 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8 9

fold, Hero raises to 2.32 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 1.82 BB, fold

Flop: (5.64 BB, 2 players) 8 9 2
SB checks, Hero bets 1.76 BB, SB calls 1.76 BB

Turn: (9.16 BB, 2 players) Q
SB checks, Hero bets 8.7 BB, SB raises to 28.4 BB, Hero calls 19.7 BB

River: (65.96 BB, 2 players) 4
SB bets 67.52 BB and is all-in, fold

SB wins 62.66 BB

H3: vs unknown, should we just setmine and be fine about it? If I decided to call the flop, then OTT it's a std call right? should we fold OTR in a blank? I'm really bad when making calls, I have really no idea of how far to go and what is "std" and what's not.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 100 BB
SB: 116.74 BB
BB: 87.36 BB
UTG: 111.24 BB
MP: 98.5 BB
CO: 193.6 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7 7

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.32 BB, fold, BB raises to 7.46 BB, Hero calls 5.14 BB

Flop: (15.42 BB, 2 players) 4 8 9
BB bets 9 BB, Hero calls 9 BB

Turn: (33.42 BB, 2 players) 4
BB bets 23 BB, Hero calls 23 BB

River: (79.42 BB, 2 players) Q
BB bets 47.9 BB and is all-in, fold

BB wins 75.44 BB
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:10 AM   #698
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,230
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahsjdi View Post
The reason you're not winning is because of your preflop leaks
I'm not winning because I tilt and play like a retard, man, not because I opened 2% wider than I should in that spot.
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #699
mirage01
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,151
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidesh123 View Post
If you think I 3-bet 53s all the time, you're wrong.

Any good reg on 50z knows people never bluff OTR in the stakes we play, if they somehow level themselves into calling there OTR with TPGK, then they will probably just be crushed in the field. The reason I bluffed there was because I respect the guy. 53s is kinda loose, but as I said, I 3-bet some hands a small % of the time. Otherwise I would have a 20% 3-bet, which I don't have.

You say we should fold a set and now call TT there vs someone almost potting vs 2 people OTF, which they could easily have an overpair. Now looking at my play, I think it should be a fold OTF, got carried away, if I had a good sample on the guy, fine.
4 BB

So you don't always 3 bet that hand, just against good regs you respect? Ok that makes sense lol. I wasn't expecting calls from pairs, rather flushes which he would have a bunch of and probably wouldn't fold any vs you. Your line seems suicidal to me.

TT hand is very different to the set hand where two villians raised your bet on the turn. This hand your both capped and aggro regs spaz in these spots. Folding TT there is def exploitable big time. Even 10z regs blast off there with total air.
mirage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:05 PM   #700
Fatboy54
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,840
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
2: vs 14 vpip guy over 74 hands, seems fishy.
You know what weak, poor 50nlz regs who flat in the small blind also do...spaz top pair....never more so when it arrives on the turn and they think your bets are weak.

Villain has hardly any sets in his range (you got em blocked and QQ 3bets pre), but he has a ton of AQ, KQ, QJ.

Mostly you folded to a spazzy top pair there.
Fatboy54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online