Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2019, 09:44 PM   #6176
SpinMeRightRound
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,651
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKesic View Post
It's good actually.

Pretty much the only thing that calls him there is AT/A9/TT/99 and he blocks all of it. Most opponent will fold 90%+ there and he has no SDV.
He has a pair of 10's, that's SDV. Beats 9x, underpairs, chops with other Tx. Most players wouldn't fold Ax there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidesh123 View Post
Yeah, the biggest problem is that I sound arrogant in my strat posts and I'm just a nobody in the poker world playing micro stakes. But I sound like that because that's how I learned to formulate arguments in school: show the points and say the pros and cons of everything, then the other person gives his argument and both go from there.

I'm genuinely just looking to discuss strat, learn from other people's point of views and also externalize some concepts I learned (think I've learned). I can see how some guys like mzbourg and isolated could get tilted, they don't like getting into discussions because they "know their place"(that they're micro players and shouldn't discuss with the big boys). So they get tilted by seeing me do it.

But yeah, it's a good thing to do that, the more strat discussion the better. Even if I give free info/xenoblade and others give it too, it's so small in the poker environment today that the benefits of what I learn with that way outweight the people who learn new concepts/reads by reading the threads.
Who are these "big boys" you speak of?
SpinMeRightRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:50 PM   #6177
.isolated
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
.isolated's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Better, but not perfect.
Posts: 18,909
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
So they get tilted by seeing me do it.
Rapid, this is you calling others jealous of your "success". Not everyone who criticizes you sucks at poker.

I'll give you this though, I admire your passion for the game. It's frustrating seeing your posts sometimes because shockingly, I think you can do better.

Last edited by .isolated; 03-05-2019 at 09:56 PM.
.isolated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:00 PM   #6178
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,162
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by .isolated View Post
Rapid, this is you calling others jealous of your "success". Not everyone who criticizes you sucks at poker.
I didn't mean that, also I've already told you guys that my story in poker wasn't one of success (so far). I'm not delusional to the point of thinking of myself as successful.

But I have high hopes for the future, which is why you and other guys might think I consider myself successful
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:50 PM   #6179
Mzbourg
banned
 
Mzbourg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: (L) Eric Church
Posts: 6,670
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidesh123 View Post
I didn't mean that, also I've already told you guys that my story in poker wasn't one of success (so far). I'm not delusional to the point of thinking of myself as successful.

But I have high hopes for the future, which is why you and other guys might think I consider myself successful
You're getting laughed at in almost every ''big boy'' thread you post in cause of how awful your strat is. Yet I am the one who is tilted by seeing you do this? Best part is, you seem to not understand you're being mocked.

So now that I can't be jealous of your poker success cause you're a failure I get tilted because I see you post unreal nonsense in other threads? Yet I also have to believe you're not delusional?

''I am the most balanced reg on the river at 200z''
''You guys are just jealous because of my hard work'' You play 3 hrs a day? 4 days a week and do pio perhaps another 30 min a day?

Mzbourg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:59 PM   #6180
Xenoblade
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,907
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

sometimes it's true your analysis are a bit contradictory and sometimes quite a bit off but overall I think you're making progress... and well you shouldn't give much of a **** about mzbourg or mirage's opinion, it's pretty worthless
Xenoblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:29 AM   #6181
Mzbourg
banned
 
Mzbourg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: (L) Eric Church
Posts: 6,670
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoblade View Post
sometimes it's true your analysis are a bit contradictory and sometimes quite a bit off but overall I think you're making progress... and well you shouldn't give much of a **** about mzbourg or mirage's opinion, it's pretty worthless
I like how you confirm what I said and then call my opinion worthless.

Fwiw, I don't share opinions. I give facts.
Mzbourg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:41 AM   #6182
djz
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: doesnt matter, have position
Posts: 2,057
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinMeRightRound View Post
However, he seems to like discussing theory and strategies which don't help his game.
Yea it's like a recreational aspect of poker to OP which is fine I guess. The thing is the strat stuff he says often makes no sense/is contradictory so it's pretty tilting to read. Good poker is about simplification.

Pio can easily lead to over or misapplication of theory...misapplication being much worse and I see a lot of from OP.

E.g. 4x overbet jam you can just jam 1.5-2x pot and I'm 99% certain villain calls same range as versus the huge overbet.
djz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:48 AM   #6183
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,162
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzbourg View Post
You're getting laughed at in almost every ''big boy'' thread you post in cause of how awful your strat is. Yet I am the one who is tilted by seeing you do this? Best part is, you seem to not understand you're being mocked.

So now that I can't be jealous of your poker success cause you're a failure I get tilted because I see you post unreal nonsense in other threads? Yet I also have to believe you're not delusional?

''I am the most balanced reg on the river at 200z''
''You guys are just jealous because of my hard work'' You play 3 hrs a day? 4 days a week and do pio perhaps another 30 min a day?

Someone is triggered, lol.

Btw, I don't view it like that, sure that I'm wrong a lot, but I post a lot too. Many strat posts I've made were right and insightful, the difference is that those who read and like it won't post "wp, I agree with you", but when someone dislikes them/won't agree/I'm wrong/won't even read and think I'm always wrong, they will just bash me and say how bad it is.

You look like someone who hates being proven wrong, so that's why you just troll people rather than do something constructive and accept failure if you're wrong and just learn with your mistakes.

I prefer my approach, there's a lot more to gain by risking failure and sometimes look silly than to try to never be wrong.
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:56 AM   #6184
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,162
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by djz View Post
Yea it's like a recreational aspect of poker to OP which is fine I guess. The thing is the strat stuff he says often makes no sense/is contradictory so it's pretty tilting to read. Good poker is about simplification.

Pio can easily lead to over or misapplication of theory...misapplication being much worse and I see a lot of from OP.

E.g. 4x overbet jam you can just jam 1.5-2x pot and I'm 99% certain villain calls same range as versus the huge overbet.
A 2x pot needs to work 66% of the time, 4x 80%. Villain is never folding FHs to a 2x pot, but he might vs a 4x. If he folds range otr the play will be way more profitable.
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:46 AM   #6185
mirage01
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,151
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoblade View Post
sometimes it's true your analysis are a bit contradictory and sometimes quite a bit off but overall I think you're making progress... and well you shouldn't give much of a **** about mzbourg or mirage's opinion, it's pretty worthless

I see you're still pretending to be a somebody. You finally posted a graph from who knows where or, who, with an 18k sample, and expected to be taken seriously now? Thats even more embarrassing now. I strongly suspect the reason you have been encouraging poor rapid is because its plus ev for your mates in the pool. lolz
mirage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:50 AM   #6186
djz
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: doesnt matter, have position
Posts: 2,057
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Get over yourself bro. No one is triggered by your results or jealous of you. Stop throwing around buzzwords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidesh123 View Post
A 2x pot needs to work 66% of the time, 4x 80%. Villain is never folding FHs to a 2x pot, but he might vs a 4x. If he folds range otr the play will be way more profitable.
How do you know this? It's super assumptive and mental leak to think of your opponents as "pussies"...I get heroed by weird **** all the time by people that have no reads on me and if someone has a note on you here they may just call you any Ax. In a vacuum I think AT is calling you no matter what...people just don't fold boats and it's a really bad idea to try and get them to.

I would just check back OTR here and expect to win. This is a super high variance play without much reward. You've talked about having issues with volume/tilt/mental game I mean there is no way if you had been called here you wouldn't be really tilted and felt less desire to grind.

Your volume is already really bad...I don't even play fastfold games, have other work aside from poker, and play way more hands than you per month (usually 6-8 tabling) with a much higher WR. I think my volume is bad too...

Just because I was curious I checked the hand in pio...not entirely accurate because it was MW but I don't have monker w/e though it doesn't change the results much:


Even if betting 4x pot were equal or slightly more EV than checking there is no way that introducing this level of variance is a long term winning play.

Last edited by djz; 03-06-2019 at 02:55 AM.
djz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:55 AM   #6187
.isolated
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
.isolated's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Better, but not perfect.
Posts: 18,909
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Xeno posted a graph somewhere? I haven't seen it but I assume it proved something I doubted so I owe an apology. My bad Xeno. good luck to you.
.isolated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:03 AM   #6188
mirage01
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,151
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

H1. You do the same lol sizing on every texture and regardless of number of villains. Awful

H3. Cbet flop, as played Raise that crappy sizing on turn.

H4. Awful.

H5. I'd say thats a plus ev play vs you.

H7. Deservedly owned.

H8. awful call.

H9. Awful. Do you even use PIO?


That T9 overbet jam is obv awful. Trying to get villains to even fold trips there is retarded


Quote:
Xeno posted a graph somewhere? I haven't seen it but I assume it proved something I doubted so I owe an apology. My bad Xeno. good luck to you.
Well it proves something, depending on how much of a muppet you are. No surprise you have been won over so easily.
mirage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:15 AM   #6189
.isolated
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
.isolated's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Better, but not perfect.
Posts: 18,909
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

So after he shared a graph (that you discredit) are you going to finally admit that you're a ***** and won't play him hu or are you still thinking?
.isolated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:58 AM   #6190
BornToRun
veteran
 
BornToRun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,039
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidesh123 View Post
Someone is triggered, lol.



Btw, I don't view it like that, sure that I'm wrong a lot, but I post a lot too. Many strat posts I've made were right and insightful, the difference is that those who read and like it won't post "wp, I agree with you", but when someone dislikes them/won't agree/I'm wrong/won't even read and think I'm always wrong, they will just bash me and say how bad it is.



You look like someone who hates being proven wrong, so that's why you just troll people rather than do something constructive and accept failure if you're wrong and just learn with your mistakes.



I prefer my approach, there's a lot more to gain by risking failure and sometimes look silly than to try to never be wrong.
Classic growth vs fixed mindset.
BornToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:56 AM   #6191
mirage01
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,151
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by .isolated View Post
So after he shared a graph (that you discredit) are you going to finally admit that you're a ***** and won't play him hu or are you still thinking?

playing anyone HU is about as relevant as your poker ability.
mirage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:11 AM   #6192
BornToRun
veteran
 
BornToRun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,039
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage01 View Post
playing anyone HU is about as relevant as your poker ability.
So still thinking I take it then?
BornToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:37 AM   #6193
.isolated
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
.isolated's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Better, but not perfect.
Posts: 18,909
Heart Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage01 View Post
playing anyone HU is about as relevant as your poker ability.
I gotta give it to you. This made me laugh.

Last edited by .isolated; 03-06-2019 at 07:40 AM. Reason: but at least you admit to being a *****
.isolated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:44 AM   #6194
Xenoblade
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,907
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage01 View Post
I see you're still pretending to be a somebody. You finally posted a graph from who knows where or, who, with an 18k sample, and expected to be taken seriously now? Thats even more embarrassing now. I strongly suspect the reason you have been encouraging poor rapid is because its plus ev for your mates in the pool. lolz
Im not and have never tried to pretend to be anybody im not, get over yourself, you never had what it takes to succeed, your results won’t change you may as well just give up instead of being jealous of anybody who makes more money than you do
Xenoblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:03 AM   #6195
ZKesic
adept
 
ZKesic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,036
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoblade View Post
Im not and have never tried to pretend to be anybody im not, get over yourself, you never had what it takes to succeed, your results won’t change you may as well just give up instead of being jealous of anybody who makes more money than you do
Honestly, I have to kinda side with Mirage here. All you showed was a 14k hand graph. Most regs play more than that in a week. Where's the rest?
ZKesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:00 PM   #6196
jektisss
centurion
 
jektisss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 112
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

H3: i think is a good fold OTR, would raise turns here i think
H4: yeah turn is a clear check, good river to go for it as played
H9: like it but you know there is no tripple barrel bluffs on nl50's

really nice results lately, keep it up!
jektisss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:22 PM   #6197
tgiggity
Pooh-Bah
 
tgiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Rosarito
Posts: 3,502
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzbourg View Post
I like how you confirm what I said and then call my opinion worthless.

Fwiw, I don't share opinions. I give facts.
lmao what is this middle school?
tgiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:49 PM   #6198
MMSS
Pooh-Bah
 
MMSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,989
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Why is everyone such a pussy ducking hu4rollz?

Maybe because my roll is like $80.
MMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:57 PM   #6199
Xenoblade
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,907
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKesic View Post
Honestly, I have to kinda side with Mirage here. All you showed was a 14k hand graph. Most regs play more than that in a week. Where's the rest?
it was merely to show the kind of stakes I play, not to show my lifetime results, I'm doing fine don't worry
Xenoblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:34 PM   #6200
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,162
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jektisss View Post
H3: i think is a good fold OTR, would raise turns here i think
H4: yeah turn is a clear check, good river to go for it as played
H9: like it but you know there is no tripple barrel bluffs on nl50's

really nice results lately, keep it up!
I agree with everything but H9, people bluff a lot for triple barrels, I used to think that too, now I just call the good combos and fold the bad ones. Vs nits always folding ofc. Now vs competent regs I like calling.
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online