Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2019, 10:30 PM   #5176
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,313
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoblade View Post
just call river with J7ss man, also fold with T3o is wtf, you got 10 outs to improve to quads/boat, just peel turn and see what happens on river?
I think J7ss is better as a fold than a call, villain was so straightforward that I think his sizing is never a bluff,like exactly what he is repping. But yeah, raising is the worst option, because these guys always level themselves into calling. In the T3o hand the guy wad a 21/2 with <20 AF otf and 3% x/r, OTT I thought I wouldn't face that many straights so I could draw to a FH, thought I would be drawing to 3 outs most of the time or even dead. Can't sew that many bluffs by that guy neither on that texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgiggity View Post
my eyes hurt too bad to continue after the first 3 hands
Now that I see those were some interesting first hands! Lol. Gotta take into account that I post only the most interesting hands and not much std stuff
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:19 PM   #5177
Finland22
banned
 
Finland22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: La KitKaterie
Posts: 160
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToRun View Post
Probably a wiser decision than getting your face tattooed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0t View Post
and taking amphet+weed+cocaine+heroine+crack+adderal+this and this, + try stabbing everyone you cross
<3<3<3 and more <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgiggity View Post
my eyes hurt too bad to continue after the first 3 hands
I was thinking about creating a support group for victims of eye cancer.

-To anyone having this terrible illness to carry after viewing one or more of Rapidesh's hand history, contact me on Skype for further info.

We live in tough & cold world, and symptoms such as (but not limited to) bleeding in the eye area, throwing up, suicidal thoughts etc. can be hard to manage.

**If you really cannot stand seeing the most retarded hand histories, I strongly advise to skip ANY post containing HH from Rapidesh.**

Thank you and stay strong. Rapidesh will NOT change, and remember -- you're not alone.
Finland22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:24 PM   #5178
Finland22
banned
 
Finland22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: La KitKaterie
Posts: 160
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Finland22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:37 PM   #5179
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,313
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

A few thoughts on piosolver sizings

From my studies so far, sizings on certain textures aren't as important as I used to think, like on 9T3ssh btn vs bb, we can go for 25%, 50%, 75% and even 150%. Even though pio prefers one sizing, it doesn't mean it's the best one in practice, because the EVs are very similar.

It's way more important which hands you're betting with and how you play later streets/how much knowledge you have of a certain given equilibrium, as well as how you expect villain to react vs that.

As an example, if you're range cbetting on 9T3ssh and not overbetting turn blanks, you're making a mistake. If you're range cbetting and overbluffing/overvaluebetting on Ax turns, that's a mistake too. Now if you're betting 75% otf and going very aggro on Ax turns, that might ve decent given the bigger sizing otf will get rid of a lot of villain's A high floats otf. If you're 150% otf and overbetting again ott with TPWK, another mistake. All different sizings give both players different equilibriums and how they should play their ranges on different runnouts.

I used to think and saw a lot of people say that "this sizing is bad", but it could be a very good sizing if the player can play turns and rivers very well given his knowledge of the game. Ofc there are some spots where some sizings are obviously bad, but there are a lot of spots where you can pick different sizes that pio advocates if you think it will be easier for you to play your range and harder for villain!
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:52 PM   #5180
SpinMeRightRound
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,690
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finland22 View Post
Add in a few gto's and explo's, that pretty much sums up his entire thought process.
SpinMeRightRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:38 PM   #5181
LittleGoliath
Pooh-Bah
 
LittleGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,898
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidesh123 View Post

Some hands

H1: vamo!

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 109.08 BB
SB: 347.82 BB
Hero (BB): 111.08 BB
UTG: 226.68 BB
MP: 173.12 BB
CO: 104.1 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5 3

fold, fold, CO raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (5.5 BB, 2 players) 4 A 9
Hero checks, CO bets 2.56 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, CO calls 7.44 BB

Turn: (25.5 BB, 2 players) 9
Hero bets 18.16 BB, CO calls 18.16 BB

River: (61.82 BB, 2 players) K
Hero bets 80.42 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 58.72 BB


H2: what do you say to nits? Not today haha

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 43 BB
SB: 390.32 BB
Hero (BB): 113.56 BB
UTG: 117.66 BB
MP: 83.42 BB
CO: 113.24 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 3 T

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 0.5 BB, Hero checks

Flop: (2 BB, 2 players) 8 T T
SB checks, Hero bets 1 BB, SB raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

Turn: (8 BB, 2 players) Q
SB bets 7.6 BB, fold

SB wins 7.6 BB




Last edited by LittleGoliath; 01-12-2019 at 09:42 PM. Reason: i have no words
LittleGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:58 PM   #5182
tgiggity
Pooh-Bah
 
tgiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Rosarito
Posts: 3,737
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinMeRightRound View Post
Add in a few gto's and explo's, that pretty much sums up his entire thought process.
can't forget the vamoooos
tgiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:29 PM   #5183
mahsjdi
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,424
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Rapid... Cmon dude... You have to be trolling everyone with these hhs...

I dunno wtf happened to you, you never used to do horrible stuff like this before
mahsjdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:36 PM   #5184
ZKesic
adept
 
ZKesic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,114
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

To be honest, I don't even think that those two hhs were necessarily bad.
ZKesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:43 PM   #5185
mirage01
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,151
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

lol folding trips on the turn bvb not bad? even funnier when he rants about how hes no longer scared and such a station now. the nits are clearly bluffing his ass all day.

Last edited by mirage01; 01-12-2019 at 10:50 PM.
mirage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:47 PM   #5186
ZKesic
adept
 
ZKesic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,114
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

If the opponent was nitty (like rapi said) and passive (like the limp would imply), I think the fold on the turn could be acceptable, since V is probably underbluffing a lot.
ZKesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:51 PM   #5187
mirage01
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,151
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

believe it or not nits actually bluff sometimes, and you dont just outright fold on turns regardless. Rivers are a different story.
mirage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:44 AM   #5188
JoseMourinho
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 745
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKesic View Post
If the opponent was nitty (like rapi said)
this might just aswell mean villain was the best 50z reg playing 25/21/10/3AF. Rapidesh calling someone nitty only means villain isnt an absolute postflop spewtard (remember his admiration for quasselinho?).
JoseMourinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:52 AM   #5189
LittleGoliath
Pooh-Bah
 
LittleGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,898
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

It’s more the discrepancy between a fairly crazy bluff (not necesirally bad) and then the super nitty fold
LittleGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:49 AM   #5190
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,313
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseMourinho View Post
this might just aswell mean villain was the best 50z reg playing 25/21/10/3AF. Rapidesh calling someone nitty only means villain isnt an absolute postflop spewtard (remember his admiration for quasselinho?).
Quasselinho is bad lol. The guy was a legit nitfish over a good sample, I like the fold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGoliath View Post
Itís more the discrepancy between a fairly crazy bluff (not necesirally bad) and then the super nitty fold
53ss is a good bluff otf and mandatory river bluff, OTT it's questionable because the 9 reduces my value combos by a lot. That's a turn where I should give up a lot, but I give up fairly often in that kind of turn.

And poker is like that, you shouldn't always be predictable and play in the same way always, like as an example: always the nit that folds and rarely bluffs, or the guy who never gives up his bluffs. Be water, my friend!
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #5191
mahsjdi
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,424
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Pretty sure I saw a 400k+ hand sample back when quasselinho was streaming, he had a winrate of something between 4-5bb @ 200z in that 400k hand sample.

How can you possibly think that is bad?

Your attitude needs more work than your poker dude.... You're trashing other players who have made like 1000x you from poker...

He might have been on a heater or edited the graph, I'm not sure...
mahsjdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #5192
JoseMourinho
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 745
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

I find it really hard to believe quasselinho had 5bb at 200z, but i guess everythingís possible
JoseMourinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:57 PM   #5193
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,313
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahsjdi View Post
Pretty sure I saw a 400k+ hand sample back when quasselinho was streaming, he had a winrate of something between 4-5bb @ 200z in that 400k hand sample.

How can you possibly think that is bad?

Your attitude needs more work than your poker dude.... You're trashing other players who have made like 1000x you from poker...

He might have been on a heater or edited the graph, I'm not sure...
If you see how he plays you will see he is bad, so far all hands I played vs him he made very big mistakes in at least one street. It was somewhat trivial to find ways to punish him even after some showdowns, like 5bet jamming any2 was probably printing at least 10bb/hand if not more (until he adjusted back).

Just because a player makes money it doesn't mean he is good, there are lots of bad regs who beat the game by 2-3 bb/100 and they do it because their opponents fail to catch their leaks and adjust vs that. I believe quasselinho could be beating the games at that time when he posted those results, but it's very likely that after that much volume most regs learned how to play vs him and that his BS strats won't work anymore.

As an example, when I came back to poker, in the first month I was playing with 40 vpip and overbluffing, I thought I was a genius for beating the game with a 20bb/100 redline, but as soon as I got into 25z and didn't move up fast enough, my opponents started calling me down light because they had some time to adjust.

Today I doubt quasselinho could be +EV at 200z with the way he plays poker, his game was all over the place. As I said, weak strategies could yield a higher EV than strong ones if villain isn't playing properly vs them, if villain plays reasonable vs quasselinho it will already be very hard for him to be +EV given how many misplays and whale moves he does (like cc 3-bets very wide), and I'm not even talking about postflop plays and lots of minraising going on lol.

In poker you could post insane results while playing suboptimally, but what really matters is if your strategy will be good enough to beat the games consistently no matter how much time you play vs the same person, and that can only happen if you have a very solid base strategy and don't go nuts often in spots people ready expect you to go nuts on.
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #5194
ZKesic
adept
 
ZKesic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,114
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidesh123 View Post
Just because a player makes money it doesn't mean he is good, there are lots of bad regs who beat the game by 2-3 bb/100 and they do it because their opponents fail to catch their leaks and adjust vs that.
That's what you want to believe.
Maybe the reason why they have these "leaks" is because they are exploiting the population really hard.
Like 4betting you light for example. He was probably printing money vs you at the beginning. Once you started to call 4bets/bluff 5b, he readjusted as you've said. That's how good players play.

You should be more open minded when it comes to nits, in many games that strat may even be optimal. One thing that I've learned when comparing different regs' stats over the years is that the preflop stats don't necessarily relate to how good/profitable someone is.

For example, I'll compare stats of the best and the worse reg in my pool (I have 40k+ hands on each one):

31/23/8/55/ 18/57/3
34/24/8/54/ 13/51/3

(V/P/3b/F3/ 4b/F4/AF)

Which one of those would you say is the best reg in the pool, and which is the worst? (we're playing mainly 4-5 max, that's why VPIP is a bit high).

Spoiler:


If you are interested, here are the two players ("nits") that I have the highest sample on (67k hands+):

26/20/7/64/ 11/57/2
27/21/6/64/ 12/34/2

Which one is better?

Spoiler:
ZKesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:30 PM   #5195
Finland22
banned
 
Finland22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: La KitKaterie
Posts: 160
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Zkesic is like the lonely, shy and cute girl that doesn't speak to anyone in the school.. she's in love with Rapidesh but doesn't dare speaking to him in person.

It's already a better love story than Twilight, between these two. ^^
Finland22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:34 PM   #5196
Kangal_
old hand
 
Kangal_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Back at it...
Posts: 1,906
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Those 27/21 nits eh
Kangal_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:43 AM   #5197
pokerforumposter
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 736
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

So in conclusion we should overfold to 4bets
pokerforumposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:03 AM   #5198
Brokenstars
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Brokenstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Discontinued
Posts: 12,485
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangal_ View Post
Those 27/21 nits eh
qft
Brokenstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:55 AM   #5199
mahsjdi
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,424
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidesh123 View Post
If you see how he plays you will see he is bad, so far all hands I played vs him he made very big mistakes in at least one street. It was somewhat trivial to find ways to punish him even after some showdowns, like 5bet jamming any2 was probably printing at least 10bb/hand if not more (until he adjusted back).

Just because a player makes money it doesn't mean he is good, there are lots of bad regs who beat the game by 2-3 bb/100 and they do it because their opponents fail to catch their leaks and adjust vs that. I believe quasselinho could be beating the games at that time when he posted those results, but it's very likely that after that much volume most regs learned how to play vs him and that his BS strats won't work anymore.

As an example, when I came back to poker, in the first month I was playing with 40 vpip and overbluffing, I thought I was a genius for beating the game with a 20bb/100 redline, but as soon as I got into 25z and didn't move up fast enough, my opponents started calling me down light because they had some time to adjust.

Today I doubt quasselinho could be +EV at 200z with the way he plays poker, his game was all over the place. As I said, weak strategies could yield a higher EV than strong ones if villain isn't playing properly vs them, if villain plays reasonable vs quasselinho it will already be very hard for him to be +EV given how many misplays and whale moves he does (like cc 3-bets very wide), and I'm not even talking about postflop plays and lots of minraising going on lol.

In poker you could post insane results while playing suboptimally, but what really matters is if your strategy will be good enough to beat the games consistently no matter how much time you play vs the same person, and that can only happen if you have a very solid base strategy and don't go nuts often in spots people ready expect you to go nuts on.

I just find it really weird how you can call someone bad that's beaten higher stakes than you, makes a lot more money than you and probably even spent a lot more time on his game than you. This level or arrogance is reaching 6betme levels and you aren't going to go anywhere with this attitude, respect other peoples game more and realise than you can learn from anyone.


You should be asking your self this question, if he's so bad and making these massive mistakes why the hell am I at 50z right now... Try to understand how he won a lot of money at 200z and maybe you can get somewhere and realise that this cringy obsession you have with GTO is taking you down the wrong path. You're misapplying the new strats you are learning....


Also just because someone does something that doesn't agree with your "optimal GTO style of play" doesn't mean they're bad.
mahsjdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:05 PM   #5200
Rapidesh123
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rapidesh123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Showing who's the boss
Posts: 8,313
Re: rapidesh123, the legend is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangal_ View Post
Those 27/21 nits eh
It was for 4-5 max table, guys.

Masjdi, I will let josemourinho say who is worse between quasselinho and I, I think he played vs us both and I post all my bad hands here.

The guy isn't even playing cash anymore, just mtts I think.

And I play really low volume, really hard to get out of this raketrap like that, it will take time but I will get out of 50z. It's easy for you to say I'm bad because I play 50z and becauss of my poor results, but I think my game is fairly decent.
Rapidesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online