Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 08:17 PM   #201
Eagle7
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 629
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiKosa View Post
As far as I know PokerStars' rake is 10% lower than iPoker's with $2.80 cap, correct me if I am wrong. I do understand that €3 > $3, but in terms of bb/100 it doesn't make a difference (at least if you are a winner it's actually better for you).

On iPoker 100nl regular tables it takes around 16k hands to generate €1k rake, which translates to ~~ 6.25 bb/100 in rake. Given the average RB of 60%, we pay effectively 40% of that rake, so 2.5 bb/100.
Cool calculations, it's good to see real crunching and real results.

But this average ipoker rakeback % seems pretty high?
Eagle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #202
MatiKosa
grinder
 
MatiKosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 436
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwinty View Post
not talking 100nl, talking 10,20, and 50. at 10 rake is roughly 13bb/100. conversion top ups relative to stake etc make it extremely tough, you saw his challenge. I know 4 good ipoker regs that play 10nl-50nl, all have left since switch to euros. with rb winning like 7 bb/100 over large samples, this past month all 4 only broke even with rb, none has ever not made more than 3bb/100 with rb since moving to ipoker. It is def different at these stakes. At 100 maybe the small top ups have no effect.
Given the stakes average rake would be like ~~ 11 bb/100, so 60% of that is 6.6 bb/100 = your friends probably had 0 bb/100 winrates before RB.

And now they went from 0 bb/100 pre RB to -4 bb/100 pre RB (after RB it's 3 bb/100) - in how many hands? You know the variance can be brutal, player pool could have gotten better and/or your buddies aren''t good anymore.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtankz View Post
So we avoid the currency conversion by making a new account in euros?
I guess so. You lose €20, you auto top up to €20, no conversion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
Cool calculations, it's good to see real crunching and real results.

But this average ipoker rakeback % seems pretty high?
It varies from 40-6x% I guess, depends on your offer, how much rake you generate etc.
MatiKosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #203
HansTheGreat
centurion
 
HansTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 138
Thumbs up Days 71&72&73&74

Challenge Day: 71&72&73&74


@Eu.Era
Well, honestly from the first post ITT I said RB will count towards the challenge since the challenge should show how to move up as fast as possible and not how to beat micro and low stakes with sick WR especially if I play on iPoker(main reason why I play there was RB). That's why I said at some point in January ''all have to do'' is staying BE while playing a certain volume per day and I would finish the challenge through RB(which was a fail).

@kerwinty
I actually agree with you that hourly is the most important. I also had this leak like how I only think about WR instead of my hourly. So for example I would be rather a 3bb/100 winner on Speed then a 9bb/100 winner on normal tables because my hourly is higher for the same amount of tables.

@About discussion
I can say for me that the rake has been approx. at the NL50 tables around 7.5bb/100. As far as I know on Stars on NL50 it should be approx. 6bb/100. But you can guys always take a look at this site .
And btw. I actually have a friend who beats NL100 Speed games with a 5bb/100 WR over 200k sample and he didn't play higher. So it's definitely possible to beat this games with a really decent WR. I also know that he has a 80% RB deal on iPoker so a lot of things are possible.

Hey guys,

Enjoying my free day after a somewhat successful week. I mean I hit a nice upswing and the tables selecting definitely improved my results. The only bad thing was again Sunday(can't win on that day already for a while/since the begging of this year - hit again stop loss) where I wasn't really playing well and was on the wrong side of really close spots. But I think it's kinda of fair in some way because the rest of the week I was on the right side of this close spots. The fact that I really hit a decent run and that I was on the right side of variance proves the 1,3k$ day. I mean it was in EUR but still a 20BI day can't be that bad at NL50 . Anyway here are the results:





TOTAL CHALLENGE: 5493.11$(LAST UPDATE) + 974.24$(WINNINGS 4 DAYS) + 640.67$(FDB = 100 + 340 + 130 = 470 EUR) = 7108.02$/10 000$

I have to say that we kinda got more deeper into the coachings and now really focus on quality. It's really a pleasure and I'm really eager and hungry to absorb more knowledge. I will also give myself a 5BI shot at NL100 and see how it goes.

Anyway off to my enjoy my free day and ttya guys on Thursday mos likely. GL!
HansTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #204
Eu.Era
adept
 
Eu.Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 723
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Jesus you won like nearly 30bi in 3,000 hands.....
Eu.Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #205
Harmonica
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 245
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiKosa View Post
I guess so. You lose €20, you auto top up to €20, no conversion.
Does anyone know whats best for UK players, because if you open an account in euros, when you want to withdraw then you get screwed over with a ****ty fx rate, so do these small conversions outweigh this?.
Harmonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #206
Eu.Era
adept
 
Eu.Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 723
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonica View Post
Does anyone know whats best for UK players, because if you open an account in euros, when you want to withdraw then you get screwed over with a ****ty fx rate, so do these small conversions outweigh this?.
I doubt it because they apparently round up. I cant wait for poker sites to start allowing cryptocurrency
Eu.Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #207
ThinkItThrough
See my coaching listing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,058
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu.Era View Post
I doubt it because they apparently round up. I cant wait for poker sites to start allowing cryptocurrency
I disagree with your RB comment but here we are on the same side!


"@RB counting towards winnings"

I understand why it doesnt feel "real" to many people, but the main purpose of my work as a coach is to teach people HOW TO MAKE MONEY.

People use so many mind****s to justify their terrible mindsets on life and poker (not talking about u Eu.Era btw).
"Bumhunting" is the other part. I say this as somebody who mostly played regs, but it so DOES NOT ****ING MATTER.

Some students i suggest to game select harder in the beginning, others like "jurassicdaniel" is now sitting all regs at NL400 and getting almost no action after they realize they got no chance ))

RB grinders get treated like second class poker players which is ridiculous. As long as you have fun AND win, the HOW is not so important.


==================

So in this case we ran bad, but the winrate also dropped pretty badly with the Euro stakes... since the winrate got so bad that we had to stop the mass-grinding experiment.

We (or lets say HANS) will win either way. HOW we win is defined by our environment.

Perhaps its good that way so no critic can come up and say that we are "only" RB crushers . We will crush any way any time any way needed. And YOU (the reader) can, too.

Every one of you reading this is HERE and ALIVE because our ancestors were ADAPTING. All the other creatures who thought it was "cool" to do things instead of focusing on their survival are....

known as FOSSILS in your biology and history book


Even if you dont care about money, it still is the measurement of how good you are at this game.
ThinkItThrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #208
Eu.Era
adept
 
Eu.Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 723
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Hey Gordon, i have no problem with rakeback, 3k rakeback is more than i make from my job so its awesome, i just think the challenge would be a bit more impressive if it was from winrate only. Again i have no problem with rakeback, making 10k starting from $100 is impressive with or without rakeback.
Eu.Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #209
PlaceboEffect
centurion
 
PlaceboEffect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada EH
Posts: 112
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Will you be moving to Pokerstars or FT Hans?
PlaceboEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #210
ThinkItThrough
See my coaching listing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,058
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu.Era View Post
Hey Gordon, i have no problem with rakeback, 3k rakeback is more than i make from my job so its awesome, i just think the challenge would be a bit more impressive if it was from winrate only. Again i have no problem with rakeback, making 10k starting from $100 is impressive with or without rakeback.
By accident we will make both views happy anyways

And in one point i have to concede. It will help other players more if "good play" that produces a "high winrate" will get taught.

It is more instructional than seeing hans 48-table!
ThinkItThrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:07 AM   #211
Eu.Era
adept
 
Eu.Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 723
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

I'm really tempted to switch to iPoker for rakeback to help build a roll then switch back to stars when i have built a good roll. I'm not sure if i will play well at iPoker though, just being able to open up fast tables will be cool because i tried the site for a day about a year ago and hated it. Are there bots at iPoker though? I remember i got super paranoid and thats one reason i left so fast.
Eu.Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:55 AM   #212
kerwinty
adept
 
kerwinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,040
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu.Era View Post
I'm really tempted to switch to iPoker for rakeback to help build a roll then switch back to stars when i have built a good roll. I'm not sure if i will play well at iPoker though, just being able to open up fast tables will be cool because i tried the site for a day about a year ago and hated it. Are there bots at iPoker though? I remember i got super paranoid and thats one reason i left so fast.
its not a fun place at the moment. RB is good but an 80 percent deal somehow doesn't come out to 80 percent and its not close. The regs at 10 20 and 50 imo are significantly better than the regs on stars, and half the table are short stacks so yea, try grinding out lots of hands at a -1-2 wr and rb will get your roll good for stars if you switch over to play higher, the one thing that is not appealing is to play micros on stars- zoom specifically. Hans, great to see you crush new site. Do you see any vip or rb benifits at all? you are raking tons.
kerwinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #213
Eu.Era
adept
 
Eu.Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 723
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwinty View Post
its not a fun place at the moment. RB is good but an 80 percent deal somehow doesn't come out to 80 percent and its not close. The regs at 10 20 and 50 imo are significantly better than the regs on stars, and half the table are short stacks so yea, try grinding out lots of hands at a -1-2 wr and rb will get your roll good for stars if you switch over to play higher, the one thing that is not appealing is to play micros on stars- zoom specifically. Hans, great to see you crush new site. Do you see any vip or rb benifits at all? you are raking tons.
Ugh haha i have lost interest thanks for the info i think i will stick with stars
Eu.Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #214
dgking111
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: vancouver bc canada
Posts: 355
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwinty View Post
its not a fun place at the moment. RB is good but an 80 percent deal somehow doesn't come out to 80 percent and its not close. The regs at 10 20 and 50 imo are significantly better than the regs on stars, and half the table are short stacks so yea, try grinding out lots of hands at a -1-2 wr and rb will get your roll good for stars if you switch over to play higher, the one thing that is not appealing is to play micros on stars- zoom specifically. Hans, great to see you crush new site. Do you see any vip or rb benifits at all? you are raking tons.
curious why micros on stars is unappealing and especially at zoom?
dgking111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #215
notepad1
grinder
 
notepad1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 551
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

very good. Congrats.
notepad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #216
Liquidd
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 65
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

what star on you and how much rb are u making
Liquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:03 AM   #217
HansTheGreat
centurion
 
HansTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 138
Thumbs up Days 75&76&77

Challenge Day: 75&76&77


@PlaceboEffect
As I already stated I won't disclose my current sites but instead I'm going to say that they are many.

@kerwinty, Liquidd, Discussion
As being said already there are no RB since I don't have a deal on the sites that I play so I mostly have standard VIP schemes. As ThinkItThrough already mentioned I'm going to focus now only on winnings. If I get like now some FDB that's great but besides that I have to climb the VIP leather in order to get some RB.

In general I'm a Rush fan. Reasons are quite simple. Best fish/reg ratio, VIP system created for micro/low stakes players, software etc. I don't think that a micro stakes player should base his decisions whether he'll get a deal or not at iPoker. A lot of my micro friends ask me should I switch to iPoker etc and I always say the same it depends by so many factors. Each one of us has his priorities and based on that we act. I think that ZOOM has some pros that can be count in bb but are still worth something(always big enough player pool, top software, better fish/reg ratio etc.).

@notepad1
TX mate!

So guys,

NL100 went somewhat OK, although I think today I played my best games on this limits. Yesterday I was again playing too many tables and didn't took enough notes but today I think I found the right balance between volume and quality. Will see how that will go. Table selecting is something that I trying to get used to but it's really a skill. Anyway here are the results:





TOTAL CHALLENGE: 7108.02$(LAST UPDATE) + 835.44$(WINNINGS 3 DAYS) + 533.53$(FDB = 185 + 205 = 390 EUR) = 8476.99$/10 000$

Anyway that's it for today. Next update will be on Monday most likely. GL!
HansTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #218
DirtySprite
adept
 
DirtySprite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 755
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

wow ur a boss nice progress and gj on putting in so much volume

are you outed btw? we're probably playing some of the same games. Also, are you playing speed or regular tables (or both)?
DirtySprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:19 PM   #219
HansTheGreat
centurion
 
HansTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 138
Days 78&79&80

Challenge Day: 78&79&80


@DirtySprite
TX! Do you mean if I play on iPoker? I left iPoker this month so we might have missed the chance to play at the tables

So guys,

3 completely different days. First stop loss, then 1,5k$ day(biggest winning day ever) and then again a stop loss day. Stop loss is at 5BI(700$) so it's not really big but I think it's enough. I'm a little bit sad about the fact that I didn't win on Sunday throughout the whole year(always reached stop loss) but well there is not much you can do about it. I was close to finishing the challenge but today's stop loss kinda killed the so wanted result. Anyway to not make it any longer, here are the results:





TOTAL CHALLENGE: 8476.99$(LAST UPDATE) - 38.33$(WINNINGS 3 DAYS) + 335.86$(FDB = 160 + 85 = 245 EUR) = 8774.52$/10 000$

Anyway that's it for now. Hopefully things will look better next update and I might finally say that the challenge has been completed. GL!
HansTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:18 AM   #220
miller369
newbie
 
miller369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In_Pussy
Posts: 31
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Good job! This week you´ll hit the 10k fo sho ^^
miller369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:03 AM   #221
Lumpizaver
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Almost there my southern neighbour!

What are your plans after you finish the challenge?

I am currently taking a break from poker. I felt like I don't have an edge on 1/2 anymore, and whenever I played lower I just played like crap. It just takes sooooo much discipline to play good at lower stakes than you are used to. I don't have the time to study and work on my game which you need to do a lot in order to beat 1/2 long term nowadays IMO. I will probably return with a similar challenge as this one in a couple of months (when my workload drops a bit).

So it looks like you will be from 100 to 10k in 5 months?
Lumpizaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:11 AM   #222
HansTheGreat
centurion
 
HansTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 138
Days 81&82&83

Challenge Day: 81&82&83


@miller369
TX mate! I hope as well to reach the finish line this week. I'm still in the race.

@Lumpizaver
Hey northern neighbour!

Jeez, I guess you must be bombed with work. Is that a good or bad situation?
Yeah it takes actually a lot of discipline when you played higher to go from scratches all over again. But yeah, it's a challenge!

If we look at the calender yeah it will most likely take me 4 months(November-February) but the number of working days you see in each post.

About the future, well, we will continue cooperating and as always everything will be publicly. But first let me finish this challenge, survive the carnival hell and then think about it


Hi guys,

So about the update. Tuesday was a classic stop loss day. Nothing really went in my way and after a review I found 1 arguable hand/play but I was extremely happy how I played. But still the 5BI were reached extremely quick(90 min). On the next day I wasn't really mentally in the game because some RL issues where consistently in my mind but when variance all of sudden hit me hard + me playing some ****ty C game ended up in the red. I don't think I would have won on that day even with A game but my loses would have been way smaller. Anyway I moved back today on NL50 because I kinda needed something fresh after a disastrous day. I also think I found a big leak of mine which I wanted to to test out today on smaller limits. Anyway here is what I came up with:





TOTAL CHALLENGE: 8774.52$(LAST UPDATE) - 929.36$(WINNINGS 3 DAYS) + 384.12$(FDB = 255 + 25 = 280 EUR) = 8229.28/10 000$

Have to say that I'm far from happy but the results from the last playing week. But I'm staying positive because I hope the AHA moment that I had today and it somewhat proved me today that I was right hopefully get confirmation tomorrow with a positive or at least a very good played session.

TTYA guys soon since I will most likely post the NL20 Stake report since people asked for it. GL!
HansTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:11 AM   #223
Lumpizaver
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

How do you work on your game? Do you only review your hands together with Gorodon or do you also look what the best regs at your limit are doing?
Lumpizaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #224
HansTheGreat
centurion
 
HansTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 138
Thumbs up Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Challenge Day: 84&85&86


@Lumpizaver
Well, I started doing both. I think as higher as I go the more important I guess it's gonna become to measure yourself with the best regs on the limit. Again I play on multiple networks so it's of course frequently a sample issue currently(until I buy a new PC so I can buy HH) but I have something to comparison.

Hi everyone,

As always on Sunday I hit stop loss . I mean after checking my records the fact is that in 2014 all Sunday's that I played I git stop loss. But this time I have to acknowledge the fact that I kinda deserve it. I mean firstly I was running good on Friday and secondly I was starting to play pretty poorly after a couple of coolers/bad beats. The funny part is that I played NL50 because before the session I didn't feel really good(I noticed that I can't really focus on things).

But yeah, as I already mentioned I run and played pretty good on Friday and managed to book another 1k$ day on the NL100 tables. So obviously due to the somewhat good run it's harder to judge if my adjustments are already showing better results. Guess gonna have to wait for some reasonable sample size.

There was stupid thing about this stop loss today and that's the fact that I was ~ 200$ away from completing this challenge. Guess now it's gonna be a bit more, but it's gonna be the closest that I ever got in an update. Anyway this are the results:





TOTAL CHALLENGE: 8229.18$(LAST UPDATE) - 887.13$(WINNINGS 3 DAYS) + 171.74$(FDB = 60 + 55 = 125EUR) = 9287.45/10 000$

So basically I still miss 700$ to finish this challenge. Hopefully I will be able to finish it until the next update. Till then GL!
HansTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:51 PM   #225
Ferocite
enthusiast
 
Ferocite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 70
If every Sunday you hit your stop/loss, maybe you should play Thursday, Friday and Saturdays instead?
Ferocite is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online