Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #126
fulltiltjoker
grinder
 
fulltiltjoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Malta
Posts: 571
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

how many hands did you play overall to get to 4k?
fulltiltjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #127
fulltiltjoker
grinder
 
fulltiltjoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Malta
Posts: 571
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

update?
fulltiltjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:19 AM   #128
Lumpizaver
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Are you moving to 100€ speed soon? If you hurry up you might catch me there .
Lumpizaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:04 AM   #129
kerwinty
adept
 
kerwinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,040
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Now that you are at 50 has your game changed much since 10/20 speed? And do you think anyone is "that" much better than you at the tables? Lastly a huge part of the volume for you has to be the rb correct? I also find that when I play marathon sessions to earn more rake I play worse, run worse and leak more. gl still following bro- btw, what beach?
kerwinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:56 AM   #130
SmileDropper
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 86
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Very impressive Hans. Do you coach?
SmileDropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:37 PM   #131
HansTheGreat
centurion
 
HansTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 138
Thumbs up Days 51&52

Challenge Days: 51&52


@fulltiltjoker
TX mate! About your question, it took me 271408 hands till now and take a look below how much more.

@sooey
You are right this stupid expectations and our emotions around it. Sometimes really like a vicious cycle for rational thinking.

@Lumpizaver
Hehe Lumpi, have to disappoint you but most likely we are gonna have to wait a bit to battle each other but looking forward to it

@kerwinty
Yeah, it has changed somewhat, although not much. I mean fishes became more rare so I fish hunt more, also there are some adjustments that I had to make but the core is still the same. I start from the fundamentals and then make smaller adjustments(something ingame something off table). I don't think there is anybody crushing this limit really and playing it on a daily basis(+5bb/100) but yeah, there are really good players in the pool and some of the are most likely better then myself(but none of them 10 tables). I mean why not? My goal isn't to crush the stakes but rather earn the 10k$(BR) as fast as possible so I can play higher and start working more intensely with Gordon. I honestly don't have that problem especially when I play more and more tables. I'm so in the session that I actually forget what time it is etc.

@SmileDropper
Well, I currently have coached(I'm still) 1 guy and I don't want more students because I'm way to busy with the project. I mean I coach for the reason that I believe that it will help me to grow as a poker player so I keep currently only 1 student at a time(sort of like a practice). If he drops out I will look for another student.


Basically Monday was my free day so technically I only played 2 days. So besides the standard graph and all other statistical facts regarding actually the current results there is actually one news. So Gordon and I decided that we are going to finish this challenge this month(the whole amount will be available on the begging of the next month) and that on NL50. I will most likely start playing anyway NL100 in the begging of February and I also like the fact that since today I'm sort of able to handle 10 Speed tables which were some key factors while coming to this decision.
So for now after my own calculation if I would end BE for the rest of the month I need another 130k hands(approx 100h of 10 tabling Speed) in order to finish this challenge If I manage to book some profits I will think about and reevalute my plan. Anyway these are the results for the last 2 days:







That's it. Will be back in 2 days .GL!
HansTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:47 PM   #132
fulltiltjoker
grinder
 
fulltiltjoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Malta
Posts: 571
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

stupid breakeven periods, right?
this thread inspired me a lot and I plan to do a similar challenge, however I need a good coach for it and don't know any coaches that accept a profit split instead of payment in advance...
as it seems, Gordon seems to do his stuff pretty well and I might actually ask him...
anyway, gl for finishing your challenge this month!!
P.s.: I think speed tables play around half as fast as zoom/rush?
so 10tabling is around4-6 tabling?
fulltiltjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #133
HansTheGreat
centurion
 
HansTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 138
Thumbs down Days 53&54

Challenge Days: 53&54


@fulltiltjoker
TX mate! Depends on playing style and how fast are you able to click the buttons. For example I get around 150 hands on iPoker while on Zoom I get around 200 hands(already tried). So for me is playing 10 tables of Speed around 7-8 tables of ZOOM.

Hi guys,

Looks like this will be another short update. Basically I hit on both days stop loss. The funny things was that on the day of the update I had my first sort of smaller upswing and I though I might finally make a comeback in terms of EV but guess what variance said NO and decided that I will run 19BI below in 2 days making it overall over 50BI below EV after 150k hands. Not too worried or angry about but I might if it starts to mess up big time with plans(5k hands behind my planned pace) about finishing this challenge this month. Hmm...didn't I already learn the lesson of not making plans in poker :P





Since I past the 150k hands mark here is what I came up with:



And I got a smaller amount of money from a rake race:



That's it for today. Looking optimistically forward to the weekend and turning this current bad situation into a good one.
HansTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #134
BigggTymeR
journeyman
 
BigggTymeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On Teh Grind
Posts: 274
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Your doing great mate, GL Ahead!
BigggTymeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #135
TheMitry91
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 20
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

I really hope this comes around and that upswing hits!
TheMitry91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #136
Harmonica
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 239
Re: Days 53&54

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTheGreat View Post
TX mate! Depends on playing style and how fast are you able to click the buttons. For example I get around 150 hands on iPoker while on Zoom I get around 200 hands(already tried). So for me is playing 10 tables of Speed around 7-8 tables of ZOOM.
You clearly need to add more speed tables to get you through this tough patch . Seriously though was thinking of that Marc Karam guy that use to 16 table Rush the other day, and whether there is anyone on ipoker that is playing more than 10t's of speed, cause I think the table max on there is 16t's.
Harmonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #137
HansTheGreat
centurion
 
HansTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 138
Thumbs down Days 55&56

Challenge Days: 55&56


@BigggTymeR
TY mate!

@TheMitry91
Me as well and ASAP!

@Harmonica
Sick guy since Rush is faster the Speed. Well 10 tables per limit is as well kinda hard so can't really imagine 16 tables.

So guys,

I hit on both days stop loss. Yesterday my emotions(frustration) played an interesting role and I made some very bad calldowns(5 I think). The gap between my actual results and EV is still raising and it's now over 60 BI and I find it really hard to turn a profit currently.

Guess the year didn't start for me that well and it's seems like I'm currently on rough path. But yeah, it has to hurt in order for me to grow and become better/stronger. If things would be running smooth it wouldn't be a challenge but rather a walk through.

Also it currently looks like I won't be able to finish this challenge this month unless an upswing is going to come and turn things around. Anyway, enough talking it's time for some pics:







Guess it's time to work even harder. So now let's get back to work! GL!
HansTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #138
fulltiltjoker
grinder
 
fulltiltjoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Malta
Posts: 571
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

wow you are 60 bi below ev???
shiiiit I didn't even know this is possible...
hmm you will need a sick upswing to finish the challenge this month lol
gl anyway
fulltiltjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #139
BigggTymeR
journeyman
 
BigggTymeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On Teh Grind
Posts: 274
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

subbed glgl
BigggTymeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #140
theginger45
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
theginger45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The corridor of uncertainty
Posts: 6,185
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

GL dude, solid results so far, big respect for what you're doing.

However, this is no reflection on you, but I think PG&C should seriously consider introducing rules against coaches making it a requirement that their students post threads in here in order to promote the coach's services. 2p2 has an established coaching forum which respectable coaches pay money to advertise in, for one thing, and the fact that such posts in PG&C are less heavily moderated means that coaches can make ludicrous and misleading claims like "without using advanced strategies".

FWIW I am not a butthurt competitor of Gordon's, since he coaches exclusively cash from what I can tell, and I coach MTTs. But I am someone who pays to use the coaching forum, doesn't make ridiculous demands of my students for personal gain, and recognises that "make $10k without using advanced strategies!" is the poker equivalent of "this housewife makes $1k/day answering surveys online!" - it's vague, intentionally-misleading bull****.

There's a reason why the coaching forum sticky contains this paragraph:

Quote:
- Asking users to post a review is fine. Asking users to post a good review is not. If it is found that you are asking users to post positive reviews, the community will really come down hard on you and it might be the end of your thread. If you have satisfied students, send them a link to your thread after your session and tell them you appreciate any feedback.
I don't see any reason why, if directly asking students to post positive reviews is not okay (which I absolutely agree with), it's somehow okay for coaches to make it a requirement for students to post positive things about their services in PG&C. This must be the fourth or fifth thread like this I can remember seeing, and I barely ever even read cash game threads.

I propose that any future PG&C threads that openly discuss the coaching services of anyone other than the OP be very heavily moderated. Everyone uses PG&C for self-promotion in some way so there's nothing wrong with saying you're doing coaching or selling pieces or looking for a backer, but a deliberate and systematic promotion of one coach's services across the forum should not be acceptable.

That said...GL OP!
theginger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:55 AM   #141
Hypno
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 102
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by theginger45 View Post
GL dude, solid results so far, big respect for what you're doing.

However, this is no reflection on you, but I think PG&C should seriously consider introducing rules against coaches making it a requirement that their students post threads in here in order to promote the coach's services. 2p2 has an established coaching forum which respectable coaches pay money to advertise in, for one thing, and the fact that such posts in PG&C are less heavily moderated means that coaches can make ludicrous and misleading claims like "without using advanced strategies".

FWIW I am not a butthurt competitor of Gordon's, since he coaches exclusively cash from what I can tell, and I coach MTTs. But I am someone who pays to use the coaching forum, doesn't make ridiculous demands of my students for personal gain, and recognises that "make $10k without using advanced strategies!" is the poker equivalent of "this housewife makes $1k/day answering surveys online!" - it's vague, intentionally-misleading bull****.

There's a reason why the coaching forum sticky contains this paragraph:



I don't see any reason why, if directly asking students to post positive reviews is not okay (which I absolutely agree with), it's somehow okay for coaches to make it a requirement for students to post positive things about their services in PG&C. This must be the fourth or fifth thread like this I can remember seeing, and I barely ever even read cash game threads.

I propose that any future PG&C threads that openly discuss the coaching services of anyone other than the OP be very heavily moderated. Everyone uses PG&C for self-promotion in some way so there's nothing wrong with saying you're doing coaching or selling pieces or looking for a backer, but a deliberate and systematic promotion of one coach's services across the forum should not be acceptable.

That said...GL OP!
Short on customers are we?

This is as sad as it gets i think, and talking about requiring students to run a thread, says it all...
You clearly dont know what you are talking about...

The reasons Hans runs this thread is only that he gets free coaching... as in he pays by running this thread, and out of eventual profits, otherwise it is free for him.
Also if he fails at this, it will also be public knowledge that a G student failed, and i am sure you will love it if it happens.

Gordon is just being open about what he sells, and if it does not work, you get the results right here in front of you, only problem seen from your pov would be that Hans is not failing.

So no, it is not a requirement to run any threads to become a GG student, and you are wrong.

I also believe you are mixing things up, because this is not feedback on Gordons coaching, and as such not Gordon asking anyone to post on his behalf, and especially not in a positive manner.
So forget about your nice quote, that does not address this thread.

This thread is not advertising, but depicting results from following the system Gordon recommends, so ofc it does advertise, but even more important it shows you that his system is working... And it would also show if it was not.

This quote "this housewife makes $1k/day answering surveys online!" that you compare to the headline in this thread, has no bearing at all... firstly because that quote is an outright lie, as i know for a fact that it is not possible to do without working more than fulltime filling out surveys, where this thread actually does what it says.

I don't understand why there is so many coaches that does not like Gordon, and the only reason i see is that he has too many successful students.
Get over this petty jealousy, and start promoting yourself and get the customers to post how they feel about your coaching, and you will find success too. (If you are any good that is)
Actually the better results you deliver, the more customers will post without you even asking them... I believe Gordons thread proves that point.

For some reason all you coaches spent time flaming the successful one, where you would do a lot better using the energy you spent on complaining, promoting your own business instead.

I am not a free Gordon student, but i like how he says things as they are, and his material is top notch, so ofc i defend him here...

GL with your business, if you start focusing on that instead of other peoples business, i am sure your roi will improve once you do.
Hypno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:03 AM   #142
Hypno
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 102
Re: Days 55&56

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTheGreat View Post
Challenge Days: 55&56


I hit on both days stop loss. Yesterday my emotions(frustration) played an interesting role and I made some very bad calldowns(5 I think). The gap between my actual results and EV is still raising and it's now over 60 BI and I find it really hard to turn a profit currently.

Guess the year didn't start for me that well and it's seems like I'm currently on rough path. But yeah, it has to hurt in order for me to grow and become better/stronger. If things would be running smooth it wouldn't be a challenge but rather a walk through.
When you think you are running bad, just watch a couple of the vids, and you will see it is only variance, because in the vids you have all the luck you are missing right now.

And if thats not enough just know that i am currently since starting the same system you follow, down 81 BI, so what you are facing is nothing... I will be happy to get back to NL10, not to mention NL25 but that is not happening until i start winning more than my negative ev... All variance.
Hypno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:56 PM   #143
theginger45
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
theginger45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The corridor of uncertainty
Posts: 6,185
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypno View Post
Short on customers are we?

Nope. Nice job on reading comprehension. I am not a competitor of Gordon's, since he coaches microstakes cash and I coach midstakes MTTs. However, let me first admit that I have now noticed that Gordon does have a thread in the coaching forum on 2p2, for which he presumably pays, so I was wrong about that.

This is as sad as it gets i think, and talking about requiring students to run a thread, says it all...
You clearly dont know what you are talking about...

The reasons Hans runs this thread is only that he gets free coaching... as in he pays by running this thread, and out of eventual profits, otherwise it is free for him.
Also if he fails at this, it will also be public knowledge that a G student failed, and i am sure you will love it if it happens.

If he literally doesn't pay for the coaching, that's a different matter, and should be clarified somewhere. However, I am relatively sure that I read somewhere ITT that Hans admitted it was compulsory for Gordon's students to open a PG&C thread. It may have been deleted. Obviously if that's not true, Hans should come out and clarify it ASAP, but I'm pretty sure he already did.

Gordon is just being open about what he sells, no he's not, because he's putting out bull**** like "without using advanced strategies" and if it does not work, you get the results right here in front of you, only problem seen from your pov would be that Hans is not failing. I don't want Hans to fail - if Gordon's coaching model depends purely on his students' success, that's just a different business model and there's nothing wrong with it, if you leave out the dubious promotional methods

So no, it is not a requirement to run any threads to become a GG student, and you are wrong. Again, my post was predicated on having read Hans admit ITT that it was compulsory - I'm pretty sure that post was deleted because I can't find it. Perhaps Hans can reiterate whether or not it really is compulsory to post a thread if you're Gordon's student, since it certainly seems to be.

I also believe you are mixing things up, because this is not feedback on Gordons coaching, and as such not Gordon asking anyone to post on his behalf, and especially not in a positive manner.
So forget about your nice quote, that does not address this thread. Well, yes, it does, because I'm pretty sure if Hans had anything bad to say about Gordon, he wouldn't say it ITT, because Gordon is reading. That's the whole point of my argument, that this thread in itself is just a big GordonGecko circlejerk, because his students are not going to say anything bad about him in public before they say it to him.

This thread is not advertising, but depicting results from following the system Gordon recommends, so ofc it does advertise, but even more important it shows you that his system is working... And it would also show if it was not. It's obviously advertising, just look at the title...if it weren't advertising it would read "$50 into $10k challenge!" without the other part.

This quote "this housewife makes $1k/day answering surveys online!" that you compare to the headline in this thread, has no bearing at all... firstly because that quote is an outright lie, as i know for a fact that it is not possible to do without working more than fulltime filling out surveys, where this thread actually does what it says. Your idea that the thread does what it says is based on the erroneous assumption that "without using advanced strategies" actually means anything. Gordon is taking advantage of your naivety and exploiting your belief that it's possible to win at poker without much effort, much like the website that exploits people's desire to believe they can make money answering surveys.

I don't understand why there is so many coaches that does not like Gordon, and the only reason i see is that he has too many successful students. I can't speak for other coaches, but the reason why I don't like what Gordon's doing is because they know that telling anyone it's possible to win at poker "without using advanced strategies" is just an outright lie. Poker is a game that requires advanced strategy to succeed, and other coaches know this. They make a living by being honest about the fact that the game is complicated, not lying to people and telling them it's simple.

Get over this petty jealousy, and start promoting yourself and get the customers to post how they feel about your coaching, and you will find success too. (If you are any good that is)
Actually the better results you deliver, the more customers will post without you even asking them... I believe Gordons thread proves that point. Well, that remains to be seen. All your points are based on the bizarre belief that Gordon is simply so good a coach that multiple students have started PG&C threads just to talk about how great he is, which is ridiculous.

For some reason all you coaches spent time flaming the successful one, where you would do a lot better using the energy you spent on complaining, promoting your own business instead.

I am not a free Gordon student, but i like how he says things as they are, and his material is top notch, so ofc i defend him here... I am sure Gordon is a good coach. His students get results. But I have issues with his promotional methods, because they're crass and exploitative.

GL with your business, if you start focusing on that instead of other peoples business, i am sure your roi will improve once you do.Yeah, you're probably right. I shouldn't really give a ****. I coach for TPE, I have my own fledgling coaching business, and I was probably just mad about something when I read this thread yesterday. It doesn't benefit me at all to post here. But I do think people who read this thread should be aware that coaches who tell you winning at poker is easy or there are no advanced strategies involved are just straight up lying to you, whatever game you're playing at whatever level, because there's no definition of "advanced strategy". They're just capitalising on your desire to believe that poker is easy.
If - and this is a big if - Gordon actually does offer free coaching where the only thing the students pay is a percentage of profits and a PG&C thread, this does change the situation a little. I can accept that this is a relatively adequate substitution for actual money, and my assumption that Gordon was simply taking his students' money and exploiting them for publicity was probably wrong.

However, if he's charging an hourly rate on top of profit and publicity, then however low that rate may be, everything I said stands. I don't mean for this to be a personal attack on Gordon, but I also don't mean for it to go unnoticed that he's not far away from running a pyramid scheme where his students pay him so that he can employ them as marketers to bring in other students.
theginger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #144
Eu.Era
adept
 
Eu.Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 723
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Theginger45 its definitely coaching for profits, its mentioned loads in the videos where Gordon even talks about dropping Hans if he doesn't improve enough.
Eu.Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:35 PM   #145
Hypno
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 102
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu.Era View Post
Theginger45 its definitely coaching for profits, its mentioned loads in the videos where Gordon even talks about dropping Hans if he doesn't improve enough.
Slight correction to this otherwise correct statement.

Gordon tells Hans that if he spents his time coaching him for free, and Hans still does not follow his advice but does what he wants himself, Gordon will not continue his coaching for profit deal, because then it is not a good deal for Gordon.

Improving is definitely not mentioned, just the following advice and instructions.
Hypno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:55 PM   #146
Hypno
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 102
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by theginger45 View Post
1. If - and this is a big if - Gordon actually does offer free coaching where the only thing the students pay is a percentage of profits and a PG&C thread, this does change the situation a little. I can accept that this is a relatively adequate substitution for actual money, and my assumption that Gordon was simply taking his students' money and exploiting them for publicity was probably wrong.

2. However, if he's charging an hourly rate on top of profit and publicity, then however low that rate may be, everything I said stands. I don't mean for this to be a personal attack on Gordon, but I also don't mean for it to go unnoticed that he's not far away from running a pyramid scheme where his students pay him so that he can employ them as marketers to bring in other students.
1. This is how it is...
2. I agree, but this is not whats happening.

So Gordon is not running a pyramid scheme, and he is not cheating anyone anywhere i can see.

The no advanced tactics is only for crushing micro and lowstakes, and i do not agree that everyone else says otherwise.
Everybody everywhere states that all you need to beat lower levels is a solid game, and thats exactly what he delivers.

At low stakes i believe that the more advanced you play, the worse you are off, because most recreational players wont get what you are doing, and just call because they had a pair.

He directly says that somewhere in NL25 or NL50 players become better and you need better tactics to continue to win.
That is what his next program will be about i believe

As stated earlier i am not as such a Gordon student, only bought this program and try to learn as much as possible.
But from what i understand the requirements to becoming a profit student with him also entails studying and playing a certain amount, and working on your own for 2 months while keeping a blog on his site so he can follow that you are willing to put in the work first.

As far as i can tell he is not hiding anything, and says it straight as it is, which is what i like most about his coaching style.

I also want to say this, in Gordons defense:
Before i bought his program, i actually wanted to buy a program he sells for €700, but he did not mean that was the right fit in my situations, and advised me to buy his new program for €35.
To me that says he is not "just" in it for the money... this guy is for real, and for making money at the same time ofc, which i have no problem with.
Hypno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:10 PM   #147
Hypno
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 102
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

P.S. Thanks for making this a sober conversation and not a mud throwing contest.
Hypno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:04 AM   #148
kerwinty
adept
 
kerwinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,040
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Hans- mad respect for dealing with these sick swings, i think you play very well. Speed can be insane like this alot, have seen lots of graphs, good luck getting to your goal, your rb should be huge though when you get it so its not nearly as bad I imagine. Keep us updated.
kerwinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:55 AM   #149
theginger45
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
theginger45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The corridor of uncertainty
Posts: 6,185
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypno View Post
1. This is how it is...
2. I agree, but this is not whats happening.

So Gordon is not running a pyramid scheme, and he is not cheating anyone anywhere i can see.

The no advanced tactics is only for crushing micro and lowstakes, and i do not agree that everyone else says otherwise.
Everybody everywhere states that all you need to beat lower levels is a solid game, and thats exactly what he delivers.

At low stakes i believe that the more advanced you play, the worse you are off, because most recreational players wont get what you are doing, and just call because they had a pair.

He directly says that somewhere in NL25 or NL50 players become better and you need better tactics to continue to win.
That is what his next program will be about i believe

As stated earlier i am not as such a Gordon student, only bought this program and try to learn as much as possible.
But from what i understand the requirements to becoming a profit student with him also entails studying and playing a certain amount, and working on your own for 2 months while keeping a blog on his site so he can follow that you are willing to put in the work first.

As far as i can tell he is not hiding anything, and says it straight as it is, which is what i like most about his coaching style.

I also want to say this, in Gordons defense:
Before i bought his program, i actually wanted to buy a program he sells for €700, but he did not mean that was the right fit in my situations, and advised me to buy his new program for €35.
To me that says he is not "just" in it for the money... this guy is for real, and for making money at the same time ofc, which i have no problem with.
A lot of what you've said here goes some way toward putting my mind at ease. I think my original post was poorly researched and not very well thought out. I still ultimately have some concerns about the way people use the PG&C forum, but I shouldn't have singled out Gordon specifically.

I'm going to respectfully back out of this one now, because I've been doing way too much Internet arguing over the last few days for no reason. I have never wanted to be a 'poker crusader' out to set everything right in the poker world, so now that I've noted my concerns and had someone clarify the situation, I'll back off. Gordon, Hans, and everyone else around here are free to do as they please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypno View Post
P.S. Thanks for making this a sober conversation and not a mud throwing contest.
You're welcome, the same goes for you. Every conversation should be that way.
theginger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:02 AM   #150
kerwinty
adept
 
kerwinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,040
Re: NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

glad hans can continue to play well and get crushed by ipoker variance, hope it turns around soon, it seems nasty.
kerwinty is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online