Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2016, 09:07 AM   #126
DeathCabForTootie
Pooh-Bah
 
DeathCabForTootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: SHR Tunaments
Posts: 5,162
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Hand 1) lulz indeed

Hand 2) all comes down to how much FE you think you have.

Hand 3) the river looks like a thin value bet so not sure a lot of his range that we beat is calling a big x/r (without a lot of history/table dynamic). That's why I suggested a click back or call. Most $2/5 players are checking back TP/sigh-calling a fair amount so this is polarizing for sure but at 5T you know better than I do how frequently players are going for thin value.
DeathCabForTootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:37 AM   #127
Snowball2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Snowball2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8,530
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andees10 View Post

2- In hindsight I think i'm ok with taking this line with all of my 89s and some KQ

Spoiler:
What kind of nittery is this
Snowball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:31 AM   #128
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dante's Inferno
Posts: 9,411
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

God where are 5/10s still this good? (Referencing hand 1)

Stuff hand 1 pre, check possibly call hand 2, c/c hand 3. Could even lead depending on how bad /passive he is. x/r is too thin and I've seen / commented on this before. Going for thin value on wettish boards isn't the worst leak but people play the most straightforward on flush boards and there's not much worse that can/will call. I used to do this a lot and you just always get folds or calls by flushes (which makes flush boards good bluffing opportunities ofc)

Nice to see you reaching your goal. 400 hours part time is no joke.
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:48 PM   #129
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 7,466
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andees10 View Post
1- Yea, was more posting this hand for the brag/lulz. Preflop was weird but my thoughts were if I just flat my entire continuing range vs the 5bet it can't be that bad of a strategy.

Spoiler:
Regarding hand 1 please contact the floor and tell them to review the tape because the short stack flopped a pair of 8s and you owe him approximately $300.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:48 PM   #130
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,797
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCabForTootie View Post
Hand 1) lulz indeed

Hand 2) all comes down to how much FE you think you have.

Hand 3) the river looks like a thin value bet so not sure a lot of his range that we beat is calling a big x/r (without a lot of history/table dynamic). That's why I suggested a click back or call. Most $2/5 players are checking back TP/sigh-calling a fair amount so this is polarizing for sure but at 5T you know better than I do how frequently players are going for thin value.
Have you retired your thread to the PG&C graveyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball2 View Post
What kind of nittery is this
#nitlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
God where are 5/10s still this good? (Referencing hand 1)
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
Stuff hand 1 pre, check possibly call hand 2, c/c hand 3. Could even lead depending on how bad /passive he is. x/r is too thin and I've seen / commented on this before. Going for thin value on wettish boards isn't the worst leak but people play the most straightforward on flush boards and there's not much worse that can/will call. I used to do this a lot and you just always get folds or calls by flushes (which makes flush boards good bluffing opportunities ofc)

Nice to see you reaching your goal. 400 hours part time is no joke.
Thanks. For me the actual playing of hours isn't that hard. It's the trying to fit sessions around real life things, avoiding messing up the sleep schedule too much, and the commute to the casino that suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
Regarding hand 1 please contact the floor and tell them to review the tape because the short stack flopped a pair of 8s and you owe him approximately $300.
***Flop was QT7. Good catch

If only I grabbed my coffee with laser focus like tr00per I wouldn't have make that mistake.
andees10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:10 AM   #131
DeathCabForTootie
Pooh-Bah
 
DeathCabForTootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: SHR Tunaments
Posts: 5,162
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andees10 View Post
Have you retired your thread to the PG&C graveyard?



.
Yah, actually forgot about it until you reminded me. Gonna fire it up and see if it needs revival.
DeathCabForTootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:38 PM   #132
Snowball2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Snowball2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8,530
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Any recent hands? 😉
Snowball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:54 PM   #133
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,797
Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball2 View Post
Any recent hands? ��

So many to choose from

1) utg+2 opens 40 (3k), CO calls (4.5k), btn calls (2.6k), I 3bet bb QQ 200 (cover), utg+2 calls, CO back raises 750, btn puts in the 5b shove for 2.6k

Reads
UTG+2:
-unknown 30s white male
CO:
-ballpark pfr of ~40% in my short sample with him
-made a sb squeeze w/ 54o vs an ep open and multiple callers
-saw me 3b his ep open w/ T8s and get to showdown
BTN:
-young reg/pro


2) I open utg+1 QQ 60, LJ, bb, straddle call.

4-way
Flop(245) 986
Checks, I cbet 150, straddle (unknown rec player) c/r 325 w/ 1.1k behind


3) LJ (middle age reg) opens 30, I 3bet sb QQ 120, LJ Calls. 2.3k eff.

HU
Flop(250) 223
I cbet 100, Call

Turn(450) 4
I ck/call 200

River(850) 9x
I ck/call 400


4) I open QQ in ep, everyone folds

^same session Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

5) LJ (young reg) opens 35, I call sb 99, bb calls. 3k eff.

3way
Flop(105) 5 6 8
I ck/call LJ cbet of 75, bb folds

Turn(255) A
I ck/call 200

River(655) 6
I ck, LJ bets 515


Hours- 361/400

Last edited by andees10; 11-06-2016 at 11:08 PM.
andees10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:51 PM   #134
DK Barrel
Concept of the Week author
 
DK Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: no gamble, no future
Posts: 6,048
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Pocket quinns are the new pocket jakes
DK Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:11 PM   #135
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,797
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

3 more...

6) Facing overbets

I open 35 T9 UTG, BB calls (Lag reg)

Flop(75) J T 7
Check/Check

Turn(75) 3
BB bets $240, I call

River(545) 4
BB shoves 1,500


7) 5/10/20

I open AJ 60 HJ, Btn calls (young reg) 4k eff., bb and straddle call

4way
Flop(245) AJ5
checks, I cbet 175, Btn calls

HU
Turn(595) 4
I ck/call 350

River(1295) 6
I check, btn bets 300


8) 1 ep limp, I raise 50 A2 LJ, Btn 3bets 160(unknown late 20's, 3k), ep folds, I 4bet 480, btn calls

Flop(985) 957
Check/check

Turn(985) 9
Check/check

River(985) K
I bet 540

Hours- 369/400
andees10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:31 PM   #136
hOoLiGaNNNNNNN
grinder
 
hOoLiGaNNNNNNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: MKE
Posts: 471
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andees10 View Post
3 more...

6) Facing overbets

I open 35 T9 UTG, BB calls (Lag reg)

Flop(75) J T 7
Check/Check

Turn(75) 3
BB bets $240, I call

River(545) 4
BB shoves 1,500
What kind of range are you putting BB on here? You mention he is lag reg, do you think he is over-betting a pair of 7's or 3's? The shove seems really fishy at the end. I'm probably folding but then again I don't have the BR or skill for 5/10 so what did you decide in this spot?

Seems like BB can have a super wide defending range here. T7, 74, 3's, all have us beat. Plus there are some Jack combos I'm afraid of that have us beat.
hOoLiGaNNNNNNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:02 PM   #137
day'n'night
old hand
 
day'n'night's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,403
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

1) I jam. I think its very unlikely a BTN pro will not squeeze AA/KK here originally since its really bad not too unless he had a sick read you were gonna squeeze. His range looks very much like TT/JJ AQs/AKo type hands. CO could be a random squeeze.

2)fold

3) std.I would go for a bet/bet line not sure why you go c/c c/c.

5) I like a c/r on the turn and jamming river. As played river is a fold

6) Bet/fold flop vs a lag to avoid being in these spots. As played fold turn.. or river vs this maniac, youll have plenty of betters pots.

7) fold river

8)4bet smaller. On the river the guy has all AKo combos/ All AKs combos. You are specifically trying to fold out AQo/AQs. You should be sizing much smaller or not at all. TBH Im not a fan of the bet.
day'n'night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:25 PM   #138
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dante's Inferno
Posts: 9,411
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK Barrel View Post
Pocket quinns are the new pocket jakes
I lol'd
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:36 PM   #139
Snowball2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Snowball2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8,530
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

6) - lool what. Ya i'd just fold the turn and not worry about being exploited

7) - dream runout 😉 yeah just fold

8) - if you absolutely have to bluff i'd bet the turn cuz no ones good enough to check back something, but prob not
Snowball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:42 PM   #140
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dante's Inferno
Posts: 9,411
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Just let the button own you in hand 8

As for the rest, all I can say is you get put in some pretty silly spots bud

Very curious about the CO back raise in hand 1
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:57 PM   #141
Snowball2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Snowball2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8,530
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by day'n'night View Post
1) I jam. I think its very unlikely a BTN pro will not squeeze AA/KK here originally since its really bad not too unless he had a sick read you were gonna squeeze. His range looks very much like TT/JJ AQs/AKo type hands. CO could be a random squeeze.
**** the live random backraising wannabes who think they are so good to flat in a spot but in reality unlikely to get squeezed except when they are coolering a 2nd best hand anyway. I have a good sample size to never paying them off even accounting for the random spazzes, even when their position/game flow makes zero sense.
Snowball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 04:05 PM   #142
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dante's Inferno
Posts: 9,411
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

I didn't see the button also back raised.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha.

I'd prolly have to rack up after that, stuff just irks me for whatever reason

I mean that makes it a really trivial decision per what snowball says. It really is the hip new thing
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 07:33 PM   #143
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,797
Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andees10 View Post

1) utg+2 opens 40 (3k), CO calls (4.5k), btn calls (2.6k), I 3bet bb QQ 200 (cover), utg+2 calls, CO back raises 750, btn puts in the 5b shove for 2.6k



Reads

UTG+2:

-unknown 30s white male

CO:

-ballpark pfr of ~40% in my short sample with him

-made a sb squeeze w/ 54o vs an ep open and multiple callers

-saw me 3b his ep open w/ T8s and get to showdown

BTN:

-young reg/pro





2) I open utg+1 QQ 60, LJ, bb, straddle call.



4-way

Flop(245) 986

Checks, I cbet 150, straddle (unknown rec player) c/r 325 w/ 1.1k behind





3) LJ (middle age reg) opens 30, I 3bet sb QQ 120, LJ Calls. 2.3k eff.



HU

Flop(250) 223

I cbet 100, Call



Turn(450) 4

I ck/call 200



River(850) 9x

I ck/call 400



5) LJ (young reg) opens 35, I call sb 99, bb calls. 3k eff.



3way

Flop(105) 5 6 8

I ck/call LJ cbet of 75, bb folds



Turn(255) A

I ck/call 200



River(655) 6

I ck, LJ bets 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
I didn't see the button also back raised.



Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha.



I'd prolly have to rack up after that, stuff just irks me for whatever reason



I mean that makes it a really trivial decision per what snowball says. It really is the hip new thing


1) Lol yeah. I was like is this real life? I couldn't justify a fold given how out of line CO was, how he views me after the T8s hand, and btns incentive to re-back raise with a medium strength hand if CO is going crazy. I also thought it was unlikely CO flats a big hand after showing down the 54o. I didn't think btn was likely to flat AA/KK either with only 2 players left to act that aren't likely going nuts squeezing.



Result- I shove, utg+2 tanks, CO gets annoyed and folds out of turn, utg+2 says "I think I need to call because pot odds"....and eventually folds. I table my hand and btn doesn't so I'm pretty sure i'm ahead bc I doubt he'd slowroll...I win on a board of xxxKQ



2) Also not folding here. I think rec players using this sizing could have hands like top pair or maybe JJ.



Result- I shove, get called and somehow hold vs T9dd



3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by day'n'night View Post
3) std.I would go for a bet/bet line not sure why you go c/c c/c.


Agree this is usually bet/bet. Wanted to mix in a strong hand check to protect my give-ups but if i'm going to occasionally do this it should probably be w/ AA bc they are essentially the same hands in terms of what they're getting value from but QQ benefits slightly more from protection.



Result- I lose vs AA



5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by day'n'night View Post
5) I like a c/r on the turn and jamming river. As played river is a fold


Not a huge fan of the turn c/r bc what does it really accomplish? Also we're in a really weird spot otr.



Tbh as played I was kinda lost. Fold seems better in hindsight but what hands are we calling down with besides like 87hh?



Result- I call and lose to J7hh
andees10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 07:39 PM   #144
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,797
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andees10 View Post
6) Facing overbets

I open 35 T9 UTG, BB calls (Lag reg)

Flop(75) J T 7
Check/Check

Turn(75) 3
BB bets $240, I call

River(545) 4
BB shoves 1,500


7) 5/10/20

I open AJ 60 HJ, Btn calls (young reg) 4k eff., bb and straddle call

4way
Flop(245) AJ5
checks, I cbet 175, Btn calls

HU
Turn(595) 4
I ck/call 350

River(1295) 6
I check, btn bets 300


8) 1 ep limp, I raise 50 A2 LJ, Btn 3bets 160(unknown late 20's, 3k), ep folds, I 4bet 480, btn calls

Flop(985) 957
Check/check

Turn(985) 9
Check/check

River(985) K
I bet 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball2 View Post
6) - lool what. Ya i'd just fold the turn and not worry about being exploited
6) Yeah at least T9 has a draw which is important and prob makes it better facing overbets than KTs,ATs etc. and I'm not just folding 100% of my range that isn't a slowplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hOoLiGaNNNNNNN View Post
What kind of range are you putting BB on here?
Not really sure. Otr I started justifying a call because of the following:
-our hand has the most relevant blockers
-we block a straight and middle set which may be better than blocking a J bc he is probably 3betting JJ pre at least some %.
-we unblock flushdraws which i'd guess are his most likely bluffs? There are only two combos like this we can have T9ss/cc
-He can be prone to spaz and I just feel like he's fos

Result- I fold


Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball2 View Post
7) - dream runout 😉 yeah just fold
7) yeah imo people are never going to be balancing this sizing with enough bluffs

Result- I fold

Quote:
Originally Posted by day'n'night View Post
8)4bet smaller. On the river the guy has all AKo combos/ All AKs combos. You are specifically trying to fold out AQo/AQs. You should be sizing much smaller or not at all. TBH Im not a fan of the bet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball2 View Post
8) - if you absolutely have to bluff i'd bet the turn cuz no ones good enough to check back something, but prob not
8) Wasn't sure about this last one. I was thinking this is literally the worst hand I can have otr. Any other 4b bluffs will have some type of a straight draw like if I picked a 54s or T8s and cbet.

I can value bet AKs or AA that goes into check mode. I fold out his Ax, but will also put a checked back QQ/JJ maybe TT in a tough spot. I'm not convinced this is good either but what other hands can I pick to bluff with?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
As for the rest, all I can say is you get put in some pretty silly spots bud
Those poker gods can be so unfair sometimes
andees10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:23 PM   #145
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,797
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

*result in hand 8 was a fold
andees10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:35 AM   #146
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dante's Inferno
Posts: 9,411
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Ok so I get tilted every time I hear this but you play in a very good game man. Dont ever reveal your location. I just don't see action like that in the Fl 5/10s (even though they are not my main game). You need to max out your hours in this game. I'm not rambling here I'm trying to open up about one of my biggest regrets wrt poker which is not putting in killer volume 2011-14 when I knew games were good but I kind of just happily treated it like passive income and was just trodding along.

I still have seen too many back raises that made zero sense from LP end up AA/KK/AKs lately that I just yawn fold. AKs makes some sense but AA/KK seem retarded to me but what do i know. Like, it is some weird new trend or something.

Spoiler:
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:40 AM   #147
czarcaesar
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 92
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

my guess is andees works in nyc and is playing at borgata. love the thread, gl!
czarcaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:53 PM   #148
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,797
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
Ok so I get tilted every time I hear this but you play in a very good game man. Dont ever reveal your location. I just don't see action like that in the Fl 5/10s (even though they are not my main game). You need to max out your hours in this game. I'm not rambling here I'm trying to open up about one of my biggest regrets wrt poker which is not putting in killer volume 2011-14 when I knew games were good but I kind of just happily treated it like passive income and was just trodding along.
Game is definitely good at times. Can also be very mediocre and reg infested. There's value in grinding out mediocre lineups imo because you never know when things will turn.


Quote:
Originally Posted by czarcaesar View Post
my guess is andees works in nyc and is playing at borgata. love the thread, gl!

Thanks. Can neither confirm nor deny
andees10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:55 PM   #149
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,797
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Last 3 hands of 2016:

1) 2 limps, I raise 50 HJ TT, btn calls (aggro degen fish, has bluffed off several stacks already, multi tabling blackjack, 5k), bb calls, 1 limper calls.

4 way
Flop(205) 885
Checks through

Turn(205) 4
bb leads 85, I call, btn raises 475, bb folds, I call.

River(1,240) 7
I check, btn bets 450


2) I open 30 HJ QJ, CO calls, Btn calls (same lag reg in previous post (hand 6) where he 3x pot turn and river after I checked back flop. 4k)

3way
Flop(105) QT2
I check, CO check, Btn bets 65, I call

Turn(235) A
I check, btn bets, 250, I call.

River(735) 7
I check, btn bets 890


3) utg open 35 (young reg, 3k), CO calls, I call btn AQ

3way
Flop(120) T42
utg cbets 65, I call

Turn(250) J
utg bets 140, I call

River(530) 6
utg checks, I bet 320


Challenge Complete
Hours- 403/400

Last edited by andees10; 12-13-2016 at 04:05 PM.
andees10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:56 PM   #150
bolzzzz
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 106
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

GG !
And what is your results in money for this year ?
bolzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online