Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2018, 07:16 PM   #476
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,712
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Do you 3x in 3 blind game as a standard? How do other good regs size?

Dont like turn bet/sizing fwiw esp if reg = good
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:33 PM   #477
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,999
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
Do you 3x in 3 blind game as a standard? How do other good regs size?
Normally I go 60, will increase to 70-75 if lineup is more loose/passive pre. Standard in my game is 60, some regs will go a little smaller or bigger. I'm not fully sure about the theory behind how you change your range/sizes to account for the third blind, I just try to do something I think is reasonable. I'm sure you could argue the straddle will have a harder time defending vs the smaller sizing. To me, it seems like doing this would sacrifice ev from the top portion of your range esp. vs live players who are playing too loose as field callers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
Dont like turn bet/sizing fwiw esp if reg = good
Why? I have some reasons but wasn't too sure about this spot
andees10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 12:54 AM   #478
daniel9861
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,384
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Hand seems fine. Maybe go smaller on turn to attack AK whiffs. Either that or start overbetting against a range that is capped at AQ/AA.
daniel9861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:18 AM   #479
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 7,910
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Think it's fine as played. Alternatively just pot turn and bang it off on the river.
meale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:02 PM   #480
6bet me
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,739
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
Do you 3x in 3 blind game as a standard? How do other good regs size?

Dont like turn bet/sizing fwiw esp if reg = good
In 3 blind games, you should treat the small blind as an ante and size up pre as a result, due to the additional dead money up for grabs.

For example, at 5/10 I'd raise to $30 pre but at 5/5/10 I'd raise to $35 pre. At 10/20 I'd raise to $60 pre but at 5/10/20 I'd raise to $65 pre.
6bet me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:37 PM   #481
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,999
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel9861 View Post
Hand seems fine. Maybe go smaller on turn to attack AK whiffs. Either that or start overbetting against a range that is capped at AQ/AA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meale View Post
Think it's fine as played. Alternatively just pot turn and bang it off on the river.
I was kinda thinking along these lines. Basically trying to fold AK, potentially fold out more on some rivers with a big sizing. Have a lot of strong hands dont have many bluffs. IP range is somewhat capped

I plugged this into the solver. IP flop cbet was 40% and favored checking back most combos of AK/AQ and surprisingly JJ more than AA. Thought it'd be the other way around for protection reasons.

When the flop goes x,x I gave the OOP player 5 options for sizing and thought it was interesting it bet at a 75% frequency or more depending on which sizings were allowed. I think if you node locked the IP player to no raises vs turn probe (more realistic imo) that number would be close to 100%. It preferred a 22% sizing and then a 1.5x pot sizing, nothing really in the middle. Seems like I'm allowed to bet so much since my range is so strong. JT gets there plus we have sets/2p/overpairs. AJ/AT/KJ are the only unpaired combos, 3 of which are combo draws.

I'd think jamming blank rivers picking the combos without hearts makes the most sense. Thought it was interesting that after a turn call and a river 2c the solver chooses to bluff the most with KJ and some AT (all suits), and check AJ 100%. Maybe because it doesn't want to block Axs/Jxs pairs that call turn.
andees10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:54 PM   #482
daniel9861
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,384
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Hmm yeah not sure why JJ is a higher frequency check than AA. I suppose it's because JJ blocks less A high bluffs which you're likely to do on this board when it goes check/check?

You can remove certain lines from the solver if you update Pio. In this case the line would be Check, Check, Bet, Raise. I've been removing those unrealistic lines since I've updated mine. Gives a more realistic solution and helps solve solutions faster. I also upgraded mine from Basic to Pro a few days ago and I really regret not doing it sooner. Studying is so much more efficient now.

BDFD came in on the river right? I would think the solver chooses combos with 1 heart to bluff with instead of no hearts.
daniel9861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:25 AM   #483
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 7,901
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bet me View Post
In 3 blind games, you should treat the small blind as an ante and size up pre as a result, due to the additional dead money up for grabs.

For example, at 5/10 I'd raise to $30 pre but at 5/5/10 I'd raise to $35 pre. At 10/20 I'd raise to $60 pre but at 5/10/20 I'd raise to $65 pre.
Sounds good in theory but really you should just be raising to an amount that people will call. I've played in 5/T games where $50 is a standard open and limpers will call $70+. I've played in 2/5 games where $25 is a standard open and limpers will call $35. However, those same players that will call $25 opens and limp call $35 in a 2/5 game are far less likely than their 5/T counterparts to call $50 opens and $70 raises when there is a $10 straddle.

Aside from that, some games use $10 chips or $20 chips and the use of $5 chips in raising is severely frowned upon if not disallowed altogether.

There's also something to be said for keeping it simple for the rec players to put their money in the pot more easily. IE sizing up to $80 is just 3 greens and a red, whereas $65 is 2 greens and 3 reds.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:05 AM   #484
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,999
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel9861 View Post
Hmm yeah not sure why JJ is a higher frequency check than AA. I suppose it's because JJ blocks less A high bluffs which you're likely to do on this board when it goes check/check?
I don't think thats the reason. KK/QQ also bets more than jacks. It probably does this bc I gave a .25 weight to QQ in the oop pre range.


Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel9861 View Post
BDFD came in on the river right? I would think the solver chooses combos with 1 heart to bluff with instead of no hearts.
Yes, river was the Ah. Picking 1 heart would make sense except there aren't any unpaired off suit hands to pick from. The only natural bluffs i'd have on this river are 3 combos of KJ
andees10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:19 AM   #485
daniel9861
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,384
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andees10 View Post
I don't think thats the reason. KK/QQ also bets more than jacks. It probably does this bc I gave a .25 weight to QQ in the oop pre range.
Yeah that’s prob why.


Quote:
Originally Posted by andees10 View Post
Yes, river was the Ah. Picking 1 heart would make sense except there aren't any unpaired off suit hands to pick from. The only natural bluffs i'd have on this river are 3 combos of KJ
Yeah true forgot about that. Could also have KTs. You’ll prob have to bet 77/66 on the turn though to have enough river bluffs. I think Pio would like to see a bet from those hands. Maybe choose the combos with 1 heart to overbet with and the ones w/o heart to bet small with for protection.
daniel9861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:28 PM   #486
upswinging
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 824
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Stack sizes and opening sizes are much more important than the blind size is most cases. Most 2/5 games and a lot of 5/10 cap games already play <50bb stack poker regardless of a straddle or not due to the huge opening sizes. The difference between two blinds and three blinds is almost nonexistent for a solid player.

Your opening strategy depends on your own skill level playing deep stack or short stack poker and also how your opponents play short stack or deep stacked poker. I'd say most regs and live pros play more <50bb eff poker than 100bb, so if you're 100bb+ game is solid then you should open small and wider if they're in the blinds.

If the fish is in the blinds you generally want to open larger and play <50bb effective poker to try and stack the fish before anyone else.
upswinging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:55 PM   #487
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,999
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Nobody ever bluffs this spot=good spot to bluff?

PokerStars - $2 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 50 BB
UTG: 58.8 BB
Hero (MP): 121.12 BB
CO: 125.43 BB
BTN: 44.7 BB
SB: 165.57 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J Q

fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 2 BB, BB calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (7.5 BB, 3 players) 8 Q 8
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (7.5 BB, 3 players) T
SB bets 10.54 BB, fold, Hero calls 10.54 BB

River: (28.58 BB, 2 players) T
SB bets 16.89 BB, Hero raises to 108.08 BB and is all-in
andees10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:30 PM   #488
daniel9861
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,384
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Not sure how good the average zone player is at folding to river raises. If you're against a good player you'll get a fold but a fish isn't folding and a reg fish prob isn't folding either.
daniel9861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:19 AM   #489
day'n'night
old hand
 
day'n'night's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,476
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

blouffing with the best hand
day'n'night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:47 AM   #490
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,999
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by day'n'night View Post
blouffing with the best hand


What hand would you prefer?
andees10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:37 PM   #491
barney big nuts
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 393
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andees10 View Post
Nobody ever bluffs this spot=good spot to bluff?

PokerStars - $2 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 50 BB
UTG: 58.8 BB
Hero (MP): 121.12 BB
CO: 125.43 BB
BTN: 44.7 BB
SB: 165.57 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J Q

fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 2 BB, BB calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (7.5 BB, 3 players) 8 Q 8
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (7.5 BB, 3 players) T
SB bets 10.54 BB, fold, Hero calls 10.54 BB

River: (28.58 BB, 2 players) T
SB bets 16.89 BB, Hero raises to 108.08 BB and is all-in
YUK
barney big nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:28 AM   #492
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,712
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Huge spew that even libratus wouldnt do imo
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:57 AM   #493
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,999
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

But fairly trivial fold when I post the hand from his spot and you have less than Tx?
andees10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:08 AM   #494
Snowball2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Snowball2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8,644
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Thought process?
Snowball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:31 AM   #495
czarcaesar
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 106
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

I like the bluff. You are blocking QT which is only value hand besides 8888.
czarcaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:45 PM   #496
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,712
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andees10 View Post
But fairly trivial fold when I post the hand from his spot and you have less than Tx?
Theme hasnt changed since i was saying this 2 years ago...you are way overthinking this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by czarcaesar View Post
I like the bluff. You are blocking QT which is only value hand besides 8888.
1) He isnt blocking the important tens
2) Blocking Qx is bad
3) lol at the only value being QT and quads. This is bovada 200 zone. Villain has AA in his range here.
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:49 PM   #497
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,999
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball2 View Post
Thought process?


I was thinking his range canít have a T besides maybe QT, which is still unlikely given turn and river sizings + preflop. My range can have QQ/Tx/sometimes quads, so when he faces a jam he has a pure bluff catcher at best.

In order for him to call with a bluff catcher heís basically saying itís possible the populationís jamming range consists of >37% bluffs (pairs being turned into bluffs).

He can also have quads but the sequence of sizing (large to relatively small from previous street) feels inconsistent to me. This is more of a feel player thing but to me his its feels like a value hand heís not too confident in betting otr.

As far as just calling river I didnít feel like my hand was good enough.
andees10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:54 PM   #498
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunrunning
Posts: 2,999
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
Theme hasnt changed since i was saying this 2 years ago...you are way overthinking this stuff.

Didnít answer my question
andees10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #499
Snowball2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Snowball2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8,644
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andees10 View Post
I was thinking his range canít have a T besides maybe QT, which is still unlikely given turn and river sizings + preflop. My range can have QQ/Tx/sometimes quads, so when he faces a jam he has a pure bluff catcher at best.

In order for him to call with a bluff catcher heís basically saying itís possible the populationís jamming range consists of >37% bluffs (pairs being turned into bluffs).

He can also have quads but the sequence of sizing (large to relatively small from previous street) feels inconsistent to me. This is more of a feel player thing but to me his its feels like a value hand heís not too confident in betting otr.

As far as just calling river I didnít feel like my hand was good enough.
Yeah sizings look a lot like 8x. Think your range is able to rep credibly here. Couldn't see who villain is right? Flatting a lot out of sb is prob indicative of a fishy player so they might not fold any fh..
Snowball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:52 PM   #500
daniel9861
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,384
Re: Moving up in 2016 - 400 hours at 5/10

So here’s the thing. He’s repping 8x here, and with his overbet on the turn, he’s either a good player, a spewy maniac, or a fish. Weak regs that take standard lines can be ruled out. With your overbet sizing you need > 70% folds to profit. So what are the chances that you’re up against the good player or spewy maniac? With his flat in the small blind I would say it’s much more likely you’re up against a fish than a good player. Thus the bluff is bad because fish aren’t bet/folding 8x.
daniel9861 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online