Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2017, 10:05 AM   #51
GeeTeeOhh
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 161
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Mate, go for headspace app and slowly get into it. 10 minutes a day.

And do it right when u wake up.

Ever had a bad dream or something that offset your entire day?

Ever felt foggy in the morning after waking up?

So foggy or in bad mood, is quite a bad start to the day. Especially since in the morning we normally set our goals and intention for the day.

So dont you want to do so, with a clear mind?

10 minutes a morning might be better than ANYTHING you can do to get your mind in the right place to crush those whales at the live table

Cant stress how important this is.

Best of luck
GeeTeeOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:49 AM   #52
Everest17
veteran
 
Everest17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,864
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

In for this, should be an interesting journey!
Everest17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:36 PM   #53
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 6,127
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTeeOhh View Post
Mate, go for headspace app and slowly get into it. 10 minutes a day.

And do it right when u wake up.

Ever had a bad dream or something that offset your entire day?

Ever felt foggy in the morning after waking up?

So foggy or in bad mood, is quite a bad start to the day. Especially since in the morning we normally set our goals and intention for the day.

So dont you want to do so, with a clear mind?

10 minutes a morning might be better than ANYTHING you can do to get your mind in the right place to crush those whales at the live table

Cant stress how important this is.

Best of luck
So you recon morning is best hey? Seems logical. I'll download the headspace app this evening and give it a crack probably both tonight and tomorrow morning. Cheers for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest17 View Post
In for this, should be an interesting journey!
meale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:40 PM   #54
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 6,127
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Training Fasted

So I've just got up and had breakfast and need to head to the gym shortly. I didn't have much for breakfast but still feel like I need to wait before heading to the gym so I've digested my food properly. It feels like I'm wasting time just sitting here waiting for my food to digest. I think I might have a crack training fasted for the next week which will benefit me in several ways:

A) I'll be able to just get up, shower, and go to the gym
B) I'll be eating less food, i.e. less money spent on food
C) Slow down metabolism, so hopefully I require less food when on the felt
D) Burn fat better and stimulate an anabolic state

Anyone have any experience training fasted? I'm really just looking to improve my morning routine to increase efficiency and basically reduce the time it takes for me to get up and be at the casino, which will be important if I've played a long 12 hour session the day before and need to back it up.
meale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:59 PM   #55
VP1
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Goog luck from Canada I have subscribed.
VP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:03 PM   #56
pokerodox
The Situation
 
pokerodox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: can never leave
Posts: 4,036
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Just eat and go. WTH. Like are you really gonna puke it up? That's the only thing to worry about.
pokerodox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:25 PM   #57
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 6,127
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP1 View Post
Goog luck from Canada I have subscribed.
Cheers bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerodox View Post
Just eat and go. WTH. Like are you really gonna puke it up? That's the only thing to worry about.
Yeah, it's not so much that but more the fact that 30-60 mins after eating, your digestive system vasoconstrics your blood supply which means your muscles will get substantially less blood flow. In the past, I've felt like there's no way I can get a really good workout in right after eating... You just can't get a good pump and don't feel strong. And I'm not so much interested in just going through the motions anymore.
meale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:40 PM   #58
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 6,127
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Just arrived at the casino at 11:30am. Tables open at 10am and there's currently 1 full table and I'm 10th on the list. Guy was like hooopefully we'll open another table soon. It's pretty bs though. Always have this problem here. My other option is to get here at like 9:30am in future and hope I get on the first table. That would require getting up at like 6:30-7am though and I'd like to avoid that if possible. Won't have the issue in Melbourne I wouldn't think. You can't ring up and put yourself on the list either I don't believe.

Just going to sit here with my coffee and read my book til I get a text.
meale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:40 AM   #59
GeeTeeOhh
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 161
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by meale View Post
So you recon morning is best hey? Seems logical. I'll download the headspace app this evening and give it a crack probably both tonight and tomorrow morning. Cheers for the tip!



100% man.

Morning is where its at. Start fresh with a clear mind, leave behind what you dreamt of and what happened yesterday.
( Helps alot with tilt too )
GeeTeeOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:45 AM   #60
pure_aggression
Pooh-Bah
 
pure_aggression's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PG&C and LVL
Posts: 4,474
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

GL man sounds like a solid plan in the OP, play well, crush it!
pure_aggression is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:57 AM   #61
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 6,127
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTeeOhh View Post
100% man.

Morning is where its at. Start fresh with a clear mind, leave behind what you dreamt of and what happened yesterday.
( Helps alot with tilt too )
Done. Will add it to my morning routine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure_aggression View Post
GL man sounds like a solid plan in the OP, play well, crush it!
Thanks bruv!

Daily Update - Fri 28 Jul 2017

Hours Played: 8
Profit: -$550
Variance: 4

Notes: Cool to get the first session done and dusted! Couple things... Had to wait about 40 minutes to get onto a table. Want to avoid that next time if possible since it ruins the effective hourly. Not sure what I'll do to tackle this in future but it's something I need to think about.

Food wise, I bought a $5.50 sandwich from a servo on the way, also brought a mass gainer shake with me - even with those two I was still pretty hungry and had to buy another sandwich for $10. Next time I play, I'll have my own sandwiches though and I'll bring a few more as well as the nuts so I shouldn't have to spend any money on anything.

Results wise, pretty meh. One big hand I lost which I'll post below but other than that I was reasonably happy with my discipline. A couple opens and cbets and give-ups and one not so amazing river bet but fairly happy overall.

Hands

Hand 1

Hero's image is tight.

Hero ($750) Raises $20 UTG w/ JQ
4 calls.
Flop ($100): AT8

Not the best flop but certainly not the worst. I think with a double gutter here I can make this the bottom of my cbet range. I don't expect much immediate fold equity but if I can barrel off on favourable runouts, I think I can make a flop cbet profitable.

Hero cbets $50, call, call, fold. Both villains who call have me covered.

Turn($250): AT8 2

Awesome turn giving me a 15-out draw. I could barrel here but think my fold equity is highest if I check raise.

Hero checks, check, villain bets $200.

Kind of a large bet here which is quite surprising. This makes me question my fold equity. Still, I need to stick with the plan to x-raise.

Hero XRAI to $649, fold, villain tanks and eventually calls the additional $449 with TT (lol slowroll much?) He was seriously thinking about folding too it seemed. Which makes me think I MAY have had fold equity vs a hand like A8s or possibly AT though it's very tough to say.

Obv we brick the river.

Full Results: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AkK4doh8PHLEgk6pBpFJrgcokPKM

================================================

Tomorrow is a new day! But no poker, unfortunately. I already had tickets to a rave I'll attend tomorrow and will take it easy instead of playing. I will watch my sister's volleyball game, go to the shops and buy some sandwich ingredients and head to the gym. Then I imagine we'll play Sunday through Sunday with no breaks before breaking again next Monday.
meale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:49 AM   #62
GeeTeeOhh
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 161
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Cool man make sure to go through the first 10 levels and then make a decision if you wish to continue. Looking forward hearing a small review. Best of luck
GeeTeeOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:54 AM   #63
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 6,127
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTeeOhh View Post
Cool man make sure to go through the first 10 levels and then make a decision if you wish to continue. Looking forward hearing a small review. Best of luck
Will keep ya posted.
meale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:42 AM   #64
MikeStarr
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,790
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Sorry, but I think your QJs hand is spew. Opening UTG is OK but once you get 4 calls, youre never taking it down with a Cbet. I would check and see what happens. Someone with a weak ace might check and you get a free card but they are never folding to your Cbet.

On the turn, a check raise or a check/call could be fine but once he bets $200, you absolutely dont need to stick to your plan to check raise. You should just let it go.
MikeStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:53 AM   #65
panetta23
centurion
 
panetta23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 134
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Good luck bro
You should be fine, australians are pretty bad at poker, although melbourne is where its at
If you want to be happy playing best way is probs to be talkative and get to know people youre playing with, have banter etc. this also gives you info you can use for your game
You could go the other way and just listen to music, but you need to be disciplined if you do this. I did this as i hate playing live and found i wasnt paying attention to any hands i wasnt in

Im 19 and im going to start playing live in sydney (plan on going to aussie millions too)
with hopes of turning pro (feel free to check out my thread, you might be able to help me)
panetta23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #66
Dizzyqtp
adept
 
Dizzyqtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 841
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

subbed / gl!
Dizzyqtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #67
JacetheMind
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: South Florida
Posts: 281
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Subbed. Don't c-bet the flop 4 ways with the double gutter there, you're right in thinking you have no real fold equity. Check with the intention of calling most bets. In general I play multi-way pots very straightforward.

Playing 2/5 in soflo with a similar poker bankroll but not trying to do it as a full time gig. Have a PGC also if you want to give it a look.

Also, saw someone mention headspace and I'd like to second their recommendation. I'd never done any sort of meditation previously, and have loved it.

Good luck on your grind!
JacetheMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:16 AM   #68
Avaritia
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dante's Inferno
Posts: 7,923
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by meale View Post
villain tanks and eventually calls the additional $449 with TT (lol slowroll much?) He was seriously thinking about folding too it seemed. Which makes me think I MAY have had fold equity vs a hand like A8s or possibly AT though it's very tough to say.
Just want to say, this isnt true. Villains will hem, they will haw, they will say "got aces huh?", they will say "man i know im beat", and then they will call with AQ. They certainly wouldnt fold two pair here ever, I assure you.

So they always think they are beat, but they never fold.

Its called getting nitrolled, and it will happen to you quite often.

As for the hand, I would open stuff turn.
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:45 PM   #69
LucasVienna
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, UK
Posts: 156
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Not ever cbetting this hand makes you very easy to play against. Just because it's multiway doesn't mean you should have no bluffs, just fewer and with higher equity. You might want to mix between checking and betting but you should certainly bet this combo sometimes as it is your highest equity draw.

Turn is an interesting question, though. I like the idea of x/shoving combo draws and 88/TT, but then it gets tricky to select a check calling and a betting range. Seems like a reasonable way to play it to me but I would agree with Avaritia's comments that just because someone tanked doesn't mean there was a non-zero chance of them folding. Whether you have FE depends a lot on how they play their middling top pairs here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LucasVienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:59 PM   #70
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 6,127
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStarr View Post
Sorry, but I think your QJs hand is spew. Opening UTG is OK but once you get 4 calls, youre never taking it down with a Cbet. I would check and see what happens. Someone with a weak ace might check and you get a free card but they are never folding to your Cbet.

On the turn, a check raise or a check/call could be fine but once he bets $200, you absolutely dont need to stick to your plan to check raise. You should just let it go.
I said I never expected my flop cbet to take it down. But by keeping myself uncapped, I can apply a lot of pressure to one-pair hands on turns and rivers. Think this is a good combo to triple barrel esp with two villains who are deep - I can get them off top pair come river.

I don't understand what you're saying about the turn. Check calling looks by far the worst option. But are you really advocating check folding? This is surely even worse... We have 30% equity and a very good chunk of implied odds as well as possibly some fold equity. I'll admit, my fold equity was probably not quite where I wanted it to be vs this size bet, but we literally get the right odds to call - we need 44% equity to check call the turn profitably. So we need 14% to come from implied odds. If we check call, hit a 9 or King, I think we can donk river for at least $250 and get called. A club maybe $200 works often enough too. If we assume we can get $200 out of villain on the river when we hit, we now have exactly our 30% equity/IO required to profitably check/call turn. FWIW, we can easily get the last $450 out of villain on K or 9s and maybe a bit more than $200 or $250 on a club too. So I just don't understand how folding can even cross our minds with this draw.

I'm pretty confident this villain folds A8s, A2s, and maybe even 88s on the turn vs our x-jam. He was remarking for a good couple minutes about how I've been playing so tight... When I xjammed he stood up and was like "****, not again...", "you just have AA here" - obv I never expect him to fold TT since it's the top of his range. But my point is that maaaaybe we do have some FE vs this player. Maybe I'm just being way too optimistic.

If on the turn once we check to villain, if he bets like $100-$175 mark, we're way happier about our jam because his range just seems a little weaker overall. This is what I expected he'd bet.

Of course, dbarreling turn is fine and standard too. Sucks if we get raised/jammed on ofc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panetta23 View Post
Good luck bro
You should be fine, australians are pretty bad at poker, although melbourne is where its at
If you want to be happy playing best way is probs to be talkative and get to know people youre playing with, have banter etc. this also gives you info you can use for your game
You could go the other way and just listen to music, but you need to be disciplined if you do this. I did this as i hate playing live and found i wasnt paying attention to any hands i wasnt in

Im 19 and im going to start playing live in sydney (plan on going to aussie millions too)
with hopes of turning pro (feel free to check out my thread, you might be able to help me)
Hey, thanks bro. Unfortunately, the "banter" at the table generally bores me to death. It's as though nothing anyone could ever say at a poker table is interesting to me... It's all been said before a million times; just recycled conversations and platitudes. Which is why I think I'd be happier listening to techno or a podcast and focusing on the action.

Can you link your thread here btw? Keen to sweat your progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyqtp View Post
subbed / gl!
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacetheMind View Post
Subbed. Don't c-bet the flop 4 ways with the double gutter there, you're right in thinking you have no real fold equity. Check with the intention of calling most bets. In general I play multi-way pots very straightforward.

Playing 2/5 in soflo with a similar poker bankroll but not trying to do it as a full time gig. Have a PGC also if you want to give it a look.

Also, saw someone mention headspace and I'd like to second their recommendation. I'd never done any sort of meditation previously, and have loved it.

Good luck on your grind!
Please link your PGC here man, I'd love to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
Just want to say, this isnt true. Villains will hem, they will haw, they will say "got aces huh?", they will say "man i know im beat", and then they will call with AQ. They certainly wouldnt fold two pair here ever, I assure you.

So they always think they are beat, but they never fold.

Its called getting nitrolled, and it will happen to you quite often.

As for the hand, I would open stuff turn.
Yeah, you're probably right.

As for open jamming the turn, I think it's pretty bad. I have $650 behind and the pot is $250, basically asking to get it in terribly. This makes our hand look even weaker and reduces any fold equity we might have had if we take the xj line which looks super nutted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasVienna View Post
Not ever cbetting this hand makes you very easy to play against. Just because it's multiway doesn't mean you should have no bluffs, just fewer and with higher equity. You might want to mix between checking and betting but you should certainly bet this combo sometimes as it is your highest equity draw.

Turn is an interesting question, though. I like the idea of x/shoving combo draws and 88/TT, but then it gets tricky to select a check calling and a betting range. Seems like a reasonable way to play it to me but I would agree with Avaritia's comments that just because someone tanked doesn't mean there was a non-zero chance of them folding. Whether you have FE depends a lot on how they play their middling top pairs here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, like I'm not stoked about cbetting it that's for sure. I'd prefer to control the size of the pot though and keep myself uncapped by betting. This is obv bottom of my cbet range. Checking is cool too. But I think betting is better because it's a hand we should be happy about going three streets with as a bluff imo.

FWIW, I don't think we need a check calling range on the turn. It's like poker man **** balance lol. And yeah, if they have like AQ obv I'm pretty sure they fold but I don't think they bet $200 into $250 ott with such a precarious holding anyway...

Ty for the comments everyone!
meale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #71
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 6,127
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Daily Update - Sun 30 Jul 2017

Hours Played: 6
Profit: -$1,032
Variance: 3

Notes: Didn't win a single meaningful hand all night. One big hand that I made a mistake on as well. Also waited nearly 2 hours on the list. Game was pretty average all night and then in last 90 minutes, two whales sat to my left. Had to leave earlier than I'd have liked due to driving curfew - something I desperately need to sort out. I mentioned yesterday that I'd play tomorrow but think I'll give it a miss at this stage... Have a few errands I need to sort out, more food shopping, haircut, go to the bank to withdraw money, need to catch up on gym having missed the last two days, need to figure out a strategy to avoid spending so long on wait list as well as figure out this driving curfew **** - because right now I'm arriving at the casino fairly early, waiting far too long, and having to leave just when the game gets good. I'll be doing up a big post in regards to all of this tomorrow.

Hands

Hand 1

Two huge gamblers sat directly to my left. Guy on my direct left has been opening to like $60 every so often without looking at his hand, his flop shove % is like 50 too. He has about $300 which fluctuated a fair amount but never really wen't below $150. Guy to his left is also raising every hand to $25, calling everything, and generally mucking around a lot postflop. He has taken a LOT of money off me historically too.

One limp, hero ($500) limps KK, limp, BTN (covers) isos to $25, cold call from SB, original limper folds, hero backraises to $110, BTN calls, fold.

In hindsight, this size is probably a little too small. I think $125 is probably a better figure with the cold caller.

Flop ($250): Q33

Hero checks. I definitely meant to bet, but for some reason I was confused by the action and thought villain was the PFA. I should have bet probably $100ish on this flop.

Anyway, villain checks behind.

Turn ($250): Q33 A

Of course. -_- Hero checks, villain bets $50, hero calls.

River: ($350): Q33 A 6

Hero checks, villain shoves $205. Hero is thinking about it and villain says something like "there's just nothing you can call with when you take this line" - which if I was able to stop and think about it for a minute, is pretty indicative of strength.

Villain is the type of guy who WILL have any two cards in his range pre-flop. Has been showing all sorts of crazy bluffs and is a well-known extremely losing player. He paid some guy $200 for his seat at the table (direct left to whale no.1 who he's very friendly with) and the two of them have been taking the piss ever since they sat down.

I hate my life but call - simply because it's this villain and I'm under-repped and at the top of my range. Exploitatively, if I'd stopped and thought about the speech play a little bit, it should have been an easy fold.

Results:

Spoiler:


Pretty mad because I definitely meant to bet the flop and there's a decent high chance he'd have just folded. Very frustrating hand because of that but also because I probably torched $205 on the river.

Full Results: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AkK4doh8PHLEgk6pBpFJrgcokPKM
meale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:44 PM   #72
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 6,127
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

So today I've got about everything done that I wanted to. I went to the department of transport and applied for an exemption for my late night driving restriction. I don't think it'll be successful tbh - the form asks for an affidavit from your employer etc and half the application I couldn't put anything for because I have no employer atm. But I needed to give it a shot because it's very frustrating not being able to drive after 11pm. Will find out whether it worked within 3 weeks.

So the other issue I had to address is the wait list one. From here on out, at least until I get my exemption (if I do), I'll be playing fairly early in the mornings. I'll aim to get to the casino at 9:30am, join the list, and hopefully get on the first table at 10am. It may be the case that I need to get there at 9 but we'll see. This means I can play for 12 hours and still drive home. The bad thing is that I'll be playing vs the nitty day regs and the games will simply never be as good as they would past midnight. Friday and Saturday nights I think I'll look to take the train to the casino and bus home so I can stay later. I think the last bus leaves the city at about 2am so I should be able to stick around for an extra few hours when the games are at their best this way.

I've noticed that I've been replaying the hand from last night over and over in my mind. I imagine this will happen fairly often when I make a mistake and it ends up costing me money. The good news is, I've reviewed the hand, learnt from it, and there's nothing that can be done about it now.

The other good news is that I'm finding it extremely pleasurable playing at the casino. For whatever reason, whether I'm winning or losing, I feel at peace at the table and remember yesterday while card dead feeling the occasional bout of euphoria wash over my body. It feels as though I'm almost in a meditative state at the table. When you're down $1k and can still feel extremely peaceful and happy, it's obviously a very good sign. So I'm very happy with the state of my mental game atm.

I'll be playing again tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10am til whenever - depends on the game quality. Once I finish and get home, I'll go to the gym and get a workout in - I don't really want to do it before I play because I'll have to get up pretty early. I'm worried though that if I end up staying at the casino for 12 hours, I'll simply not go to the gym afterwards. Obviously that's unacceptable. But we'll see how this week goes and figure it out from there.
meale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:58 AM   #73
LordRiverRat
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,638
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Sorry if I missed it but how did you get a driving curfew?
LordRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:10 AM   #74
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 6,127
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRiverRat View Post
Sorry if I missed it but how did you get a driving curfew?
Lost my licence for a low range DUI last year, after you get it back you go on probation for a year which incurs a driving restriction between the hrs of 11-5.

I actually just got a call from the Dept of transport and they said there's no way they'd grant me an exemption lol. So my options are to risk it, or play earlier in the day. We'll see how the earlier schedule goes for the time being.

Also decided I'd get a session in tonight. Decided to train into the city and I'll look to sus out transport options on the way home.

Up early in the morning to get back to the felt on not much sleep but definitely felt like playing today was right so hopefully I'm able to get a seat fairly quickly.
meale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:15 AM   #75
LordRiverRat
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,638
Re: How to Be Happy as a Live Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by meale View Post
I actually just got a call from the Dept of transport and they said there's no way they'd grant me an exemption lol. So my options are to risk it, or play earlier in the day. We'll see how the earlier schedule goes for the time being.
Don't risk it. If you get caught, it's way not worth it. If you really must play late at night consider Using Uber and Lyft if possible. If not, the benefit is being able to have a healthy sleep schedule.
LordRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online