Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #26
twisterk
centurion
 
twisterk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 160
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNXT View Post
no big deal to live there and play poker (as long as you're not getting caught), but I don't know, I am just a bit paranoid about that ****
What do you mean? Is it not allowed to play poker or something?

What a good f*cking title.

GL!
twisterk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:30 PM   #27
TreadLightly
old hand
 
TreadLightly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Braving the cold known as Canadia
Posts: 1,786
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterk View Post
What do you mean? Is it not allowed to play poker or something?

What a good f*cking title.

GL!
The hookers will know you`re rich if they find out you play poker and will flock to your house , no1 wants too many hookers when you tryna grind
TreadLightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:33 PM   #28
NNXT
centurion
 
NNXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fly like weed smoke from Hawaii
Posts: 156
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Yup, gotta be disciplined, although it's tempting.

Thx twister

Uhm, yeah the thing with Thailand is it's officially prohibited, right? Like I said I personally would be a lil bit too paranoid about it and I don't like lying about stuff, so I just wanna be open about what I'm doing if I'm in a conversation with somebody. Not gonna talk about it with the hookers tho (reasons already mentioned).

Last edited by NNXT; 07-21-2017 at 12:40 PM.
NNXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:49 PM   #29
GeeTeeOhh
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 161
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Being paranoid about playing poker in Thailand is not only dumb, but its retarded.

Not tryna be an $ss, but police dont enforce this sht man :P

its all good down there, literally, all good
GeeTeeOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:01 PM   #30
NNXT
centurion
 
NNXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fly like weed smoke from Hawaii
Posts: 156
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

How is this when gambling, other than betting on horseraces or the government sponsored lottery, is illegal? So all the grinders there can walk around telling anybody what they're doing for a living and nobody would care?

Anyways, my first destination on my adventure will be Cambodia. I'm optimistic tho, that one day I'm going to be brave enough to play an online poker hand in Thailand.
NNXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:44 PM   #31
WALMARTcnxn
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ravaging Post Flop
Posts: 1,324
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

haha should be a fun read. in and gl!
WALMARTcnxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:28 PM   #32
PotLuckNeeded
journeyman
 
PotLuckNeeded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 337
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Sounds like a great adventure. Philippines is my homebase every few months, Thailand and Cambodia for a vacation from Philippines.

Enjoy!
PotLuckNeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:34 PM   #33
NNXT
centurion
 
NNXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fly like weed smoke from Hawaii
Posts: 156
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Thx my friends

Session from today:



+ another TWO bucks from these EXCITING chests


1.)

Bro I told you not to do the chip-dumping that obvious. Stars will notice man...


$0.05/$0.10Zoom Pot Limit Omaha Hi
PokerStars
6 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
UTG ($25.97) 260bb
UTG+1 ($10) 100bb
CO Hero ($31.64) 316bb
BTN ($7.69) 77bb
SB ($21.03) 210bb
BB ($9.96) 100bb

Pre-Flop: (0.15, 6 players) Hero is CO 7 Q A Q
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, 1 fold, BB calls $0.25

Flop: A 3 7 ($1.10, 3 players)

BB checks, Hero bets $0.89, BTN folds, BB calls $0.89

Turn: 5 ($2.88, 2)

BB checks, Hero checks

River: A ($2.88, 2)

BB checks, Hero bets $1.80, BB raises to $8.16, Hero raises to $14.52, BB folds

Final Pot: $25.56

Hero wins $24.74 (net +$8.98)

BTN lost $0.35
BB lost $9.40


2.)

Sometimes, to win, you just have to put your balls right on the table.


$0.05/$0.10Zoom Pot Limit Omaha Hi
PokerStars
6 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
UTG Hero ($17.57) 176bb
UTG+1 ($10.15) 102bb
CO ($11.66) 117bb
BTN ($9.69) 97bb
SB ($18.14) 181bb
BB ($17.16) 172bb

Pre-Flop: (0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG K J Q 9
Hero raises to $0.35, UTG+1 calls $0.35, 1 fold, BTN raises to $1.55, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.20, UTG+1 calls $1.20

Flop: J 6 7 ($4.80, 3 players)

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, BTN checks

Turn: 6 ($4.80, 3)

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, BTN bets $2.30, Hero raises to $11.50, UTG+1 folds, BTN folds

Final Pot: $18.60

Hero wins $18.20 (net +$5.15)

BTN collects $0.00 (net -$3.85)
UTG+1 lost $1.55


3.)

Good call mate. Good call


$0.05/$0.10Zoom Pot Limit Omaha Hi
PokerStars
6 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
UTG Hero ($28.36) 284bb
UTG+1 ($7.03) 70bb
CO ($10.20) 102bb
BTN ($9.67) 97bb
SB ($10) 100bb
BB ($15.23) 152bb

Pre-Flop: (0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG 8 9 10 7
Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, BTN raises to $1.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.85

Flop: 2 9 4 ($2.55, 2 players)

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.44, Hero calls $2.44

Turn: 8 ($7.43, 2)

Hero bets $7.11, BTN goes all-in $6.03

River: A ($20.57, 2), 1 all-in

Final Pot: $20.57
BTN shows a pair of Eights
Q 8 5 7
Hero shows two pair, Nines and Eights
8 9 10 7

Hero wins $19.74 (net +$8.99)

BTN lost $9.67
NNXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:47 PM   #34
NNXT
centurion
 
NNXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fly like weed smoke from Hawaii
Posts: 156
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Saturday Session:



I'm on a chest downswing lately ****** nothing in there.. Oh wait - that's how it usually is...

Session was good. My focus is on another level lately, since I made the decision for greatness. Went for a walk/run before the session just to get caught in a thunderstorm midway. Suddenly it was raining like crazy, thunders coming down left and right. I already thought this is it, since I was running through the forest, which should be one of the most dangerous places to be in in that situation. But then I remembered, that I have something left to prove to myself, and since all the universe will conspire to help me achieving it I just thought eat **** thunders and kept running.

Reading "The Alchemist" again at the moment. What a fckn great read that is. If you don't know that book, I suggest you get it asap.

As I write this post, there is this damn big black spider moving across the wall. Since I have Arachnophobia I really hate that it's in here. BUT I just took a glass and a sheet of paper, caught it and threw it in the garden. You may sarcastically think WOW What a big achievement bro and I tell you Yes it is for me. Been doing this now for some months, whenever there is one of these ugly creatures in the house. It's getting easier but I still hate it. Been really proud of myself for facing one of my biggest fears head on lately. I realized, that first of all it is of course an irrational fear (since none of these spiders here are dangerous) but there is just one way to get over it. Face it again and again and again. I could also just kill it, but for some reason I don't wanna do that. Even though I hate them. Whatever, if you have an irrational fear of something. Face it. No other way around it.

Aaaand some hands from the session:


1.)

Le TRAP. Manifiqueeeeee


$0.05/$0.10Zoom Pot Limit Omaha Hi
PokerStars
6 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
UTG ($26.80) 268bb
UTG+1 ($17.49) 175bb
CO ($14.92) 149bb
BTN Hero ($20.23) 202bb
SB ($37.51) 375bb
BB ($13.61) 136bb

Pre-Flop: (0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN 10 J 7 9
2 folds, CO raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, SB calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25

Flop: 9 8 3 ($1.40, 4 players)

SB checks, BB checks, CO bets $1.20, Hero raises to $4.70, SB folds, BB folds, CO calls $3.50

Turn: 7 ($10.80, 2)

CO checks, Hero checks

River: 4 ($10.80, 2)

CO goes all-in $9.87, Hero calls $9.87

Final Pot: $30.54
Hero shows a straight, Seven to Jack
10 J 7 9
CO shows a pair of Nines
K Q 9 A

Hero wins $29.24 (net +$14.32)

SB lost $0.35
BB lost $0.35
CO lost $14.92


2.)

Yeah you're commited on that flop mate. Nothing you can do...


$0.05/$0.10Zoom Pot Limit Omaha Hi
PokerStars
6 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
UTG Hero ($24.57) 246bb
UTG+1 ($12.28) 123bb
CO ($9.51) 95bb
BTN ($8.04) 80bb
SB ($32.92) 329bb
BB ($9.05) 91bb

Pre-Flop: (0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG K A 3 A
Hero raises to $0.35, 1 fold, CO raises to $1, 3 folds, Hero raises to $3.15, CO calls $2.15

Flop: 4 2 7 ($6.45, 2 players)

Hero bets $6.18, CO goes all-in $6.36, Hero calls $0.18

Turn: 3 ($19.17, 2), 1 all-in

River: 2 ($19.17, 2), 1 all-in

Final Pot: $19.17
Hero shows two pair, Aces and Deuces
K A 3 A
CO shows two pair, Kings and Deuces
10 K Q K

Hero wins $18.36 (net +$8.85)

CO collects $0.00 (net -$9.51)


3.)

Bro, please take your meds. I'm serious.


$0.05/$0.10Zoom Pot Limit Omaha Hi
PokerStars
6 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
UTG ($10) 100bb
UTG+1 ($47.89) 479bb
CO ($21.67) 217bb
BTN Hero ($33.12) 331bb
SB ($10.70) 107bb
BB ($9.22) 92bb

Pre-Flop: (0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN 10 8 K A
UTG raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds

Flop: 10 3 A ($0.55, 2 players)

UTG bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.75, UTG calls $0.65

Turn: 7 ($2.05, 2)

UTG bets $1.96, Hero calls $1.96

River: 6 ($5.97, 2)

UTG bets $5.72, Hero calls $5.72

Final Pot: $17.41
Hero shows two pair, Aces and Tens
10 8 K A
UTG shows a pair of Sevens
8 Q 7 J

Hero wins $16.67 (net +$8.04)

UTG lost $8.63
NNXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #35
Santalino
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 75
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Write in your rent-contract, that the security-desposit can be used for the last 2 rents, otherwise you can get problems to get it back. Example: 1 year rent contract, security desposit of two montly rents, then u have to pay 10 times your montly rent and for the last 2 months you live there for free (and this is a usual thing there, but u have to ask for it, otherwise they dont offer it).

And before signing the contract check out the additional fees, I have heard about some cases, where the foreigners have to pay thinks like extra elevator-fees or much higher prices for water and electricty and so on.
Santalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:00 AM   #36
NNXT
centurion
 
NNXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fly like weed smoke from Hawaii
Posts: 156
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santalino View Post
Write in your rent-contract, that the security-desposit can be used for the last 2 rents, otherwise you can get problems to get it back. Example: 1 year rent contract, security desposit of two montly rents, then u have to pay 10 times your montly rent and for the last 2 months you live there for free (and this is a usual thing there, but u have to ask for it, otherwise they dont offer it).

And before signing the contract check out the additional fees, I have heard about some cases, where the foreigners have to pay thinks like extra elevator-fees or much higher prices for water and electricty and so on.
Thanks for your input Santalino. If that is possible, I will certainly ask for it. I think I will rent for 6-8 months at first, because everything over that will exceed my life roll. Of course I want to put myself in a position where I can pay with money from my poker bankroll after that life roll is used up.

The thing with the extra elevator fees (dafuq?) and higher prices for water and electricity is also interesting. Will definetly keep an eye on those.
NNXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:53 AM   #37
Santalino
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 75
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Overall for 6-8 months, I would prefer Thailand, rents are cheaper, electricity is cheaper and its a safer place (vs crimes). Cambodia is only interesting if you think about to stay longer there, because its very easy to get a visa there and in Thailand its more and more difficult to stay longer (they changed some rules, compared to the past), but 6-8 months would be no problem...

Last information: The rent-prices from internet-agencies are in the most cases too high, take it as a basis for negotiation or book 1-2 weeks a hotel and then look for an appartment if you are there. Good luck
Santalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #38
NNXT
centurion
 
NNXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fly like weed smoke from Hawaii
Posts: 156
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santalino View Post
Overall for 6-8 months, I would prefer Thailand, rents are cheaper, electricity is cheaper and its a safer place (vs crimes). Cambodia is only interesting if you think about to stay longer there, because its very easy to get a visa there and in Thailand its more and more difficult to stay longer (they changed some rules, compared to the past), but 6-8 months would be no problem...

Last information: The rent-prices from internet-agencies are in the most cases too high, take it as a basis for negotiation or book 1-2 weeks a hotel and then look for an appartment if you are there. Good luck
Really rents and electricity are much cheaper in Thailand? I would have thought that it is the other way around. I've found some places in Chiang Mai for example (wanted to go there first), but everything I found was in the 'at least 400$ range'. Don't get me wrong, I love Thailand. Been there last year for one month and had a blast.

Yeah, Visa-vise Cambodia is much easier. I think I'll get the 6-month business visa first and then extend it to one year if everything works out fine for me and I like it there. Crimes man, I really have no fear to get involved in something there. I think if you walk around in normal clothes, no fancy watch or mobile, just enough bucks in your pockets for whatever you want to do, there's nothing going to happen. On top of that, just don't be a dick to the locals, be friendly and open to everyone and I think you're fine.

I'm going to check out some other apartments while still being in Germany and then, yeah, staying some nights at a hotel and comparing different places right on site seems to be the best idea.

Thanks
NNXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:33 PM   #39
NNXT
centurion
 
NNXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fly like weed smoke from Hawaii
Posts: 156
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]



Nice one-hour session I just finished. Headding to the gym now and gonna continue the grind afterwards. The fcked up thing is yesterday I must have injured my right thigh while running. Had it injured some weeks ago and stopped running completely for a while. This damn thunderstorm got me running too fast for too long yesterday. Think I have to check out the Doc before I'm going since working out will play an important part in the daily routine of my adventure.

Biggest pot so far:

$0.05/$0.10Zoom Pot Limit Omaha Hi
PokerStars
6 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
UTG ($53.99) 540bb
UTG+1 ($29.62) 296bb
CO ($50.48) 505bb
BTN ($10.48) 105bb
SB ($4.56) 46bb
BB Hero ($18.19) 182bb

Pre-Flop: (0.15, 6 players) Hero is BB 6 A A J
UTG raises to $0.20, 2 folds, BTN raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.50, UTG calls $2.30, BTN raises to $10.05, Hero goes all-in $18.19, UTG calls $15.69, BTN goes all-in $0.43

Flop: Q 4 5 ($46.91, 3 players), 2 all-in

Turn: K ($46.91, 3), 2 all-in

River: 8 ($46.91, 3), 2 all-in

Final Pot: $46.91

BTN shows a pair of Aces
7 7 A A
Hero shows a flush, Ace high
6 A A J
UTG shows a flush, Queen high
3 5 10 J

Hero wins $45.41 (net +$27.22)

BTN lost $10.48
UTG lost $18.19
NNXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:44 PM   #40
pokerodox
The Situation
 
pokerodox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: can never leave
Posts: 4,101
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

In for stories. PLO degenning is a bonus.

Crush it all. Tinder, hookers and tinder, pokerz, adventuring.
pokerodox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #41
blainetoms
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 42
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

stoked on this thread.

i'm toying with doing the exact same thing in a few months.
blainetoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:28 PM   #42
Santalino
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 75
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNXT View Post
Really rents and electricity are much cheaper in Thailand? I would have thought that it is the other way around. I've found some places in Chiang Mai for example (wanted to go there first), but everything I found was in the 'at least 400$ range'. Don't get me wrong, I love Thailand. Been there last year for one month and had a blast.
In Thailand it depends where, but you have more choices where you u can live (in Phuket for example the prices are much higher as in Pattaya). In Cambodia as a poker online player I think only Phnom Penh is interesting, because in other regions you have problems with internet-connections, electricity cut offs or a higher crime danger. But Phnom Penh is overall for Cambodia a high-price region (like Phuket in Thailand).

To your seen 400$ range offers. I think you have seen some internet-prices and in many cases, its just a try from agencies to catch a farang who pay a moon price^^. Other point, in Thailand and in touristic regions, it depends much when you rent something and espescially for shorter rent-terms, for a 3-6 month contract during the high season some landlords wants the double price (and more) as if you rent during low-season. But overall u should have no problems to find something with western standard, 24h security and a pool in a price range of 200-300$ in Thailand.
Santalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:22 PM   #43
NNXT
centurion
 
NNXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fly like weed smoke from Hawaii
Posts: 156
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santalino View Post
In Thailand it depends where, but you have more choices where you u can live (in Phuket for example the prices are much higher as in Pattaya). In Cambodia as a poker online player I think only Phnom Penh is interesting, because in other regions you have problems with internet-connections, electricity cut offs or a higher crime danger. But Phnom Penh is overall for Cambodia a high-price region (like Phuket in Thailand).

To your seen 400$ range offers. I think you have seen some internet-prices and in many cases, its just a try from agencies to catch a farang who pay a moon price^^. Other point, in Thailand and in touristic regions, it depends much when you rent something and espescially for shorter rent-terms, for a 3-6 month contract during the high season some landlords wants the double price (and more) as if you rent during low-season. But overall u should have no problems to find something with western standard, 24h security and a pool in a price range of 200-300$ in Thailand.
I have watched a lot of Vlogs from Youtubers, who were searching an apartment in Thailand (mainly Chiang Mai). They went to the places, asked for a tour through the apartments, prices and so on. So, that's where I have these price range from. It's actually exactly what you're describing. Western standart, security, pool. But like I said the price range was higher. Maybe it's because of Chiang Mai, many Expats going there. Pattaya I haven't looked so far, from my knowledge there are mostly retired old people?

I just looked at some appartments in Pattaya and yeah they look good and they're cheap. And after that I looked at some apartments in Bangkok and I also found some small, but ok-ish rooms for as little as 200-250 bucks. Now I'm thinking. And I also checked out the apartments I would get in Phnom Penh in that price class and man, they look fckn horrible in comparism. Like literally nothing in there, just a bed, maybe a couch and a chair. That's it. No stylish furniture, nothing. I mean in that price class Phnom Peng really sucks.

And now I'm thinking. I wanted to live on a budget of roughly 700$ per month. When I have the apartment for 400-450 in Phnom Peng I don't have that much money left to be honest. Massive difference to have 500$ bucks to live on or 300 or less. I don't wanna think about if I can treat myself with this or that or if it is too expensive. In that regard it would really be better to get a cheaper apartment.

Now I'm thinking about Thailand again. Found two nice apartment complexes with cheap but good studios. One of them tho, is pretty far outside of the city central. It's near the Suvarnahbumi airport. The other one would be better, like four BTS stations from Lumphini Park. 6500 Baht if you rent for 6 months. Thats like 175$ per month. I would have so much more money left for the hooker grind.

I'm really thinking. Tomorrow I have to do some stuff. My actual health insurance wants to scam me I think. Talked last week to them and they offered me something, that's way to expensive. That's how you treat your longterm customers? Cya ****sss

So I'm gonna have to make up my mind soon. About 5 weeks left. Hmmmm
NNXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:30 PM   #44
NNXT
centurion
 
NNXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fly like weed smoke from Hawaii
Posts: 156
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]



Mehhh. 2nd sunday session. It was one of these sessions that's not really that bad but somehow it won't work out also. These fckn clowns man. Still a nice day with the first session.
NNXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:26 AM   #45
twisterk
centurion
 
twisterk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 160
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNXT View Post
I would have so much more money left for the hooker grind.
Dare I say GTO
twisterk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #46
samcx
Pooh-Bah
 
samcx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,879
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNXT View Post
I have watched a lot of Vlogs from Youtubers, who were searching an apartment in Thailand (mainly Chiang Mai). They went to the places, asked for a tour through the apartments, prices and so on. So, that's where I have these price range from. It's actually exactly what you're describing. Western standart, security, pool. But like I said the price range was higher. Maybe it's because of Chiang Mai, many Expats going there. Pattaya I haven't looked so far, from my knowledge there are mostly retired old people?

I just looked at some appartments in Pattaya and yeah they look good and they're cheap. And after that I looked at some apartments in Bangkok and I also found some small, but ok-ish rooms for as little as 200-250 bucks. Now I'm thinking. And I also checked out the apartments I would get in Phnom Penh in that price class and man, they look fckn horrible in comparism. Like literally nothing in there, just a bed, maybe a couch and a chair. That's it. No stylish furniture, nothing. I mean in that price class Phnom Peng really sucks.

And now I'm thinking. I wanted to live on a budget of roughly 700$ per month. When I have the apartment for 400-450 in Phnom Peng I don't have that much money left to be honest. Massive difference to have 500$ bucks to live on or 300 or less. I don't wanna think about if I can treat myself with this or that or if it is too expensive. In that regard it would really be better to get a cheaper apartment.

Now I'm thinking about Thailand again. Found two nice apartment complexes with cheap but good studios. One of them tho, is pretty far outside of the city central. It's near the Suvarnahbumi airport. The other one would be better, like four BTS stations from Lumphini Park. 6500 Baht if you rent for 6 months. Thats like 175$ per month. I would have so much more money left for the hooker grind.

I'm really thinking. Tomorrow I have to do some stuff. My actual health insurance wants to scam me I think. Talked last week to them and they offered me something, that's way to expensive. That's how you treat your longterm customers? Cya ****sss

So I'm gonna have to make up my mind soon. About 5 weeks left. Hmmmm
You're spot on about value for money apartment wise BKK > PP, but you're aware of the massive visa headaches for poker grinders in Thailand I assume?

In PP you simply don't have that, if BKK was the same I'd move there tomorrow
samcx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:49 PM   #47
NNXT
centurion
 
NNXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fly like weed smoke from Hawaii
Posts: 156
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcx View Post
You're spot on about value for money apartment wise BKK > PP, but you're aware of the massive visa headaches for poker grinders in Thailand I assume?

In PP you simply don't have that, if BKK was the same I'd move there tomorrow
Yeah I know. If I go to Thailand mainly, I will get a multiple-entry visa here in Germany. Enter for two months, extend one month, leave, re-enter, one month + extension, leave, one month + extension. That's 7 months. I could do it one more time up to 9 months the employee from the Thai embassy here in Germany told me.

Maybe I just do this. And go to Cambodia afterwards. Got my Travel insurance for one year now + sold some stuff on eBay.

I can't believe this is really happening. My dream is not buried somewhere deep inside me, it's alive and healthy and it wants to be realized. Read "The Alchemist" people, this book is not just an ordinary novel. It has deep truth, knowledge and universal wisdom in it.

I found this appartment in Bangkok:

http://www.renthub.in.th/en/bedroom-...ment-lifestyle

I like it. Very basic, but with style and look at the price. That's what? 130 Euro a month. Also that chair must be awesome for 10+ hour grinding sessions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterk View Post
Dare I say GTO
Indeed GTO my friend. The main challenge will be to find a nice balance between the two grinds.
NNXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:36 PM   #48
samcx
Pooh-Bah
 
samcx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,879
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Great plan getting travel insurance, I can't think of one person I know out here who has that in order yet every week you see GoFundMe's set up for guys who've had moto accidents and what not who who tens of thousands in hospital fee's...it really is a must but most of us are degenerates hence why we'r here and it'd be a good waste of beer & hooker money.

Last edited by samcx; 07-24-2017 at 06:42 PM.
samcx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:39 PM   #49
Santalino
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 75
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNXT View Post
Yeah I know. If I go to Thailand mainly, I will get a multiple-entry visa here in Germany. Enter for two months, extend one month, leave, re-enter, one month + extension, leave, one month + extension. That's 7 months.
As long as the visa is still valid you always get new 60 days with a border-run (with extension u have 90 days). So with the 6 months multi-entry-Visa you can stay around 270 days (in real some days less, because its difficult to manage it to get this visa exact on your flight day, so u lose a few days (the 6-months-count starts on the day u receive it) and sometimes u lose some days with the border-run, because its not always possible to make it exact on the last day, but in summary 260 days should be no problem...). After that u can make 2 more border-runs without visa and get 30 days on arrival (with possibilty to extend for 30 days each).

bkk-appartment: Very small and the electricity price is to high, the normal government price is 4 baht, dont pay more (and u dont need a special service there with additonal fees, u can pay your electric-bill in every 7/11-shop yourself...).

Last edited by Santalino; 07-24-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Santalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:21 PM   #50
NNXT
centurion
 
NNXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fly like weed smoke from Hawaii
Posts: 156
Re: Hookers and drugs in Cambodia - allegedly.. [Funded by PLO Zoom]

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcx View Post
Great plan getting travel insurance, I can't think of one person I know out here who has that in order yet every week you see GoFundMe's set up for guys who've had moto accidents and what not who who tens of thousands in hospital fee's...it really is a must but most of us are degenerates hence why we'r here and it'd be a good waste of beer & hooker money.
LOL really? I am kind of degenerate but some things are just mandatory.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Santalino View Post
As long as the visa is still valid you always get new 60 days with a border-run (with extension u have 90 days). So with the 6 months multi-entry-Visa you can stay around 270 days (in real some days less, because its difficult to manage it to get this visa exact on your flight day, so u lose a few days (the 6-months-count starts on the day u receive it) and sometimes u lose some days with the border-run, because its not always possible to make it exact on the last day, but in summary 260 days should be no problem...). After that u can make 2 more border-runs without visa and get 30 days on arrival (with possibilty to extend for 30 days each).

bkk-appartment: Very small and the electricity price is to high, the normal government price is 4 baht, dont pay more (and u dont need a special service there with additonal fees, u can pay your electric-bill in every 7/11-shop yourself...).
Thanks for the info on the Visa. So I think I've made up my mind to stay in Thailand for the first few months at least.

Yeah sure the apartment is small, but in that price category there are no bigger ones, at least I haven't seen any bigger ones yet. This renthub website is pretty cool. And to be honest I wouldn't need a bigger one. I'm sleeping and grinding there. I think I'll eat outside most of the time, so I don't need kitchen stuff. Maybe a microwave and a fridge, but that would be it. The variety of apartments is huge, which I really like.

Thanks for the electricity info, you seem to know people or have expirienced some scamming there for yourself? Haven't seen an apartment with the mentioned 4 Baht electricity fee tho. The lowest was six. So how doest it work, you get a bill from the owner of the apartment at the end of every month and you go to the 7/11 with it to pay?
NNXT is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online