Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2018, 08:41 AM   #3976
6bet me
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,756
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Any2Cards2008 View Post
Yes i play primarily 1/3nl and also 1/3plo crown...depends on the gameflow during the session. My career has mainly been online however. You seem competant enough to crush. Keep smashing the btn ...dnt underestimate your opponents...dont overvalue your own ability until proven...fuvk off small stakes online....and understand what you want from poker now vs 5 years from now...it took me 6 years to realise $? Fame? Skills? Think about that for a moment
Hmmm I'm still not sure who you are. The 1/3 player pool is so huge. I'll figure it out eventually though.

Right now I want money and I also want to prove to myself over a large sample size that I have what it takes to beat 25nl online.

In 5 years, I want to have saved up $100k+ through poker and I want to be a winning player at 200nl online. To me, that's the point at which you can say that you've really started to master the game, comparable to hitting 2300 elo rating in chess and gaining the "master" title.

So I guess I'm half in it for the money and half in it to become a super competitive and proficient player.
6bet me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #3977
Any2Cards2008
journeyman
 
Any2Cards2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 357
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

I have played against him...he has ability considering he is not a pro and doesnt have a bankroll of his own.
Any2Cards2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #3978
Petrucci
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,582
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Any2Cards2008 View Post
I have played against him...he has ability considering he is not a pro and doesnt have a bankroll of his own.
Not having a bankroll, and being a good player or not is often tied together.

If he truly is so good as you say, how come he doesent have a bankroll? Strange right? A big part of being a good player is managing your money in smart ways, also known as bankrollmanagement. Not just the technical abilities of the game.

In my world, the players i have met through the years who claims they are good but they just dont have a bankroll (small detail right,what a coincidence), very often isnt as good as they think.
Petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:49 AM   #3979
Any2Cards2008
journeyman
 
Any2Cards2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 357
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Here are some targets for you. 5/10nl online capable reg @party poker. Crushing apps high stakes. Crushing live without the degeneracy. Savings/bankroll should exceed 300k-500k
Any2Cards2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:50 AM   #3980
Kelvis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,846
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bet me View Post
DLuo reckons that some of my plays, such as 3betting QJs and ATs against early position raises, are not only high variance, but also -EV.
Who could have known.
Kelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:53 AM   #3981
Any2Cards2008
journeyman
 
Any2Cards2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 357
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Petrucci...there are many aspect of bankroll management...there are guys who have rolls of 20buys or less on avg yet pull in 700buys within that year...Its not always abiut having a bankroll that correlates to being a winning player...sometime life expenses just get in the way...this is dif to degening your small bankroll up to bigger stakes and going broke
Any2Cards2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:23 AM   #3982
Kelvis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,846
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Any2Cards2008 View Post
Here are some targets for you. 5/10nl online capable reg @party poker. Crushing apps high stakes. Crushing live without the degeneracy. Savings/bankroll should exceed 300k-500k
Winning an Oscar. Getting a blowjob from Jessica Alba. Solving climate change.

We're making a list of things not gonna happen right?
Kelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:32 AM   #3983
SpinMeRightRound
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,137
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bet me View Post
Hit my stop loss for the first time

Terrible session today. Lost $807. Had to go home early because I hit my stop loss for the day. What makes it even worse is that I was $350 up after the first hour. So I effectively lost almost 1.2k in the span of 2.5 hours. I took some high variance spots and literally every one of them blew up in my face.

It was annoying because I saw some really spazzy stuff go on. I saw an old man limp-reraise UTG to $60 and show up with 65s. I saw a drunk guy iso raise to $45 pre with A9o and the same guy also stacked off $200 pre against an old guy and they showed down KJo vs 55. An old woman raised to $20 UTG with 33 too. I just couldn't capitalise on any of this.

So here are 4 notable pots that I played:

Hand 1: Binked the perfect turn card

$300 effective
UTG limps $3
Volatile Asian guy limps $3 HJ
Hero limps $3 CO with 77
SB raises to $25
2 callers
Hero calls $25

Pretty annoying because I very rarely limp in preflop, but the one time I do it, someone wants to attack my limp.

Flop ($93, 4ways) is K53r

3 checks
Hero bets $40
SB folds
UTG folds
Volatile Asian guy calls $40

Turn ($168) is K537 with bdfd

Volatile Asian guy donks $100
Hero jams $235
Volatile Asian guy snap calls $235

Spoiler:


A great start to the session. Hand 2 happened very shortly afterwards...


Hand 2: Preflop madness

$450 effective
Volatile Asian guy opens $10 UTG
Hero 3bets $35 UTG+1 with AKo
2 people cold call $35
Volatile Asian guy 4bets to $150
Hero 5bet jams $450 effective

Spoiler:


Hand 3: More preflop madness

$270 effective
Drunk guy limps $3 UTG+2
MP raises to $11
HJ calls $11
Hero 3bets $45 CO with JJ
Drunk guy now 4bets to $120
Hero flats $120

I thought that he should be fairly AK heavy here, so I'll look for a flop with no Ace or King on it.

Flop ($251) is 976

Drunk guy announces all-in for $150 effective before flop is even dealt
Hero calls $150

Spoiler:


Hand 4: Short-handed aggression

$300 effective, 6-handed
UTG opens $15
Old woman calls $15 CO
Hero 3bets $70 SB with QJdd
UTG folds
Old woman calls $70

Flop ($143) is Ah Qh Td

Hero bets $50
Old woman calls $50

Turn ($243) is Ah Qh Td 9d

Hero jams $180

Spoiler:


Well I'm just going to watch some YouTube or netflix, maybe play some online chess, and sleep it off. I'm putting in another session tomorrow night so hopefully my luck changes then.

Currently still $2106 profit for the stake, which is more than $30/hr profit despite the recent losses, so I can't complain.
Hand 2: Don't 3bet/gii with AK off suit vs UTG at a full ring low stakes live table. That is a long run losing play. If he's "volatile" and showed up with KK, clearly your reads are WAY off and you need to improve them. Leave the ego at the door and don't label everyone as a fish.

Likewise hand 3, his hand is screaming QQ+ and yet you still can't help yourself from calling it off.

Hand 4: don't 3bet marginal hands. Check turn, you have no fold equity with a jam.
SpinMeRightRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:41 AM   #3984
Shai Hulud
old hand
 
Shai Hulud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,717
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bet me View Post
Hit my stop loss for the first time

Terrible session today. Lost $807. Had to go home early because I hit my stop loss for the day. What makes it even worse is that I was $350 up after the first hour. So I effectively lost almost 1.2k in the span of 2.5 hours. I took some high variance spots and literally every one of them blew up in my face.

It was annoying because I saw some really spazzy stuff go on. I saw an old man limp-reraise UTG to $60 and show up with 65s. I saw a drunk guy iso raise to $45 pre with A9o and the same guy also stacked off $200 pre against an old guy and they showed down KJo vs 55. An old woman raised to $20 UTG with 33 too. I just couldn't capitalise on any of this.

So here are 4 notable pots that I played:

Hand 1: Binked the perfect turn card

$300 effective
UTG limps $3
Volatile Asian guy limps $3 HJ
Hero limps $3 CO with 77
SB raises to $25
2 callers
Hero calls $25

Pretty annoying because I very rarely limp in preflop, but the one time I do it, someone wants to attack my limp.

Flop ($93, 4ways) is K53r

3 checks
Hero bets $40
SB folds
UTG folds
Volatile Asian guy calls $40

Turn ($168) is K537 with bdfd

Volatile Asian guy donks $100
Hero jams $235
Volatile Asian guy snap calls $235

Spoiler:


A great start to the session. Hand 2 happened very shortly afterwards...


Hand 2: Preflop madness

$450 effective
Volatile Asian guy opens $10 UTG
Hero 3bets $35 UTG+1 with AKo
2 people cold call $35
Volatile Asian guy 4bets to $150
Hero 5bet jams $450 effective

Spoiler:


Hand 3: More preflop madness

$270 effective
Drunk guy limps $3 UTG+2
MP raises to $11
HJ calls $11
Hero 3bets $45 CO with JJ
Drunk guy now 4bets to $120
Hero flats $120

I thought that he should be fairly AK heavy here, so I'll look for a flop with no Ace or King on it.

Flop ($251) is 976

Drunk guy announces all-in for $150 effective before flop is even dealt
Hero calls $150

Spoiler:


Hand 4: Short-handed aggression

$300 effective, 6-handed
UTG opens $15
Old woman calls $15 CO
Hero 3bets $70 SB with QJdd
UTG folds
Old woman calls $70

Flop ($143) is Ah Qh Td

Hero bets $50
Old woman calls $50

Turn ($243) is Ah Qh Td 9d

Hero jams $180

Spoiler:


Well I'm just going to watch some YouTube or netflix, maybe play some online chess, and sleep it off. I'm putting in another session tomorrow night so hopefully my luck changes then.

Currently still $2106 profit for the stake, which is more than $30/hr profit despite the recent losses, so I can't complain.
H1: Raise pre. Check flop. Turn you could just flat and call it off OTR to allow him to bluff more.

H2: If your read on Asian guy is accurate this seems fine. Typically folding to the 4 bet vs most players.

H3: Fold to 4 bet this is just AA way more than anything else. Sometimes KK. You are crushed vs a typical limp/reraise range.

H4: Just call preflop. Check flop. Check turn. You have a lot of outs but are still way behind anything that calls and I doubt you have much FE here.
Shai Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #3985
gobbledygeek
Poet Laureate of LLSNL
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 27,712
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bet me View Post
Most hands were just like: 3 people limp, I raise to $25 IP with a hand like T9s
Very meh, imo (although you'll definitely get opinions suggesting this is fine).

GcluelessNLnoobG


Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bet me View Post
Hit my stop loss for the first time

Terrible session today. Lost $807. Had to go home early because I hit my stop loss for the day. What makes it even worse is that I was $350 up after the first hour. So I effectively lost almost 1.2k in the span of 2.5 hours. I took some high variance spots and literally every one of them blew up in my face.

It was annoying because I saw some really spazzy stuff go on. I saw an old man limp-reraise UTG to $60 and show up with 65s. I saw a drunk guy iso raise to $45 pre with A9o and the same guy also stacked off $200 pre against an old guy and they showed down KJo vs 55. An old woman raised to $20 UTG with 33 too. I just couldn't capitalise on any of this.

So here are 4 notable pots that I played:

Hand 1: Binked the perfect turn card

$300 effective
UTG limps $3
Volatile Asian guy limps $3 HJ
Hero limps $3 CO with 77
SB raises to $25
2 callers
Hero calls $25

Pretty annoying because I very rarely limp in preflop, but the one time I do it, someone wants to attack my limp.

Flop ($93, 4ways) is K53r

3 checks
Hero bets $40
SB folds
UTG folds
Volatile Asian guy calls $40

Turn ($168) is K537 with bdfd

Volatile Asian guy donks $100
Hero jams $235
Volatile Asian guy snap calls $235

Spoiler:


A great start to the session. Hand 2 happened very shortly afterwards...


Hand 2: Preflop madness

$450 effective
Volatile Asian guy opens $10 UTG
Hero 3bets $35 UTG+1 with AKo
2 people cold call $35
Volatile Asian guy 4bets to $150
Hero 5bet jams $450 effective

Spoiler:


Hand 3: More preflop madness

$270 effective
Drunk guy limps $3 UTG+2
MP raises to $11
HJ calls $11
Hero 3bets $45 CO with JJ
Drunk guy now 4bets to $120
Hero flats $120

I thought that he should be fairly AK heavy here, so I'll look for a flop with no Ace or King on it.

Flop ($251) is 976

Drunk guy announces all-in for $150 effective before flop is even dealt
Hero calls $150

Spoiler:


Hand 4: Short-handed aggression

$300 effective, 6-handed
UTG opens $15
Old woman calls $15 CO
Hero 3bets $70 SB with QJdd
UTG folds
Old woman calls $70

Flop ($143) is Ah Qh Td

Hero bets $50
Old woman calls $50

Turn ($243) is Ah Qh Td 9d

Hero jams $180

Spoiler:


Well I'm just going to watch some YouTube or netflix, maybe play some online chess, and sleep it off. I'm putting in another session tomorrow night so hopefully my luck changes then.

Currently still $2106 profit for the stake, which is more than $30/hr profit despite the recent losses, so I can't complain.
H1:

I'm cool with the overlimp. Preflop is dicey getting just 14:1 or so, but closing the action in a 4way pot, especially if anyone is an idiot (which clearly at least one is), then ok.

I'm cool with rest of the hand.


H2:

Would really need some HHs showing Villain's volatility, in what position, for what types of $$$. Against maniacs, likely warranted. At action tables I would also flat the initial raise a lot from this spot and hope someone else reraises (over a pretty small open) so I can then rejam over huge dead money (the best way to flex our FE with AK here, imo).


H3:

Again, really would need to know exactly how crazy this drunk guy is getting. In the end, we're facing a limp/reraise from UTG; if he's been doing this multiple times tonight with lol hands, ok, fine. Otherwise, meh, it's likely what it is. Also think this is a jam vs fold spot.


H4:

Already commented on this in your HH thread, but mostly don't play big pots with mediocre hands especially on a limited BR (see below).


Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bet me View Post
I don't mind the swings, just as long as I'm maximising my EV.
On a limited BR, one that is so limited you can't even afford to not be staked and if you go busto you're life busto, preserving your BR should be your overriding number one concern. You can't afford swings on this BR and you should tailor your strategy accordingly.

Look up Sol Reader's giraffe in the winrates thread. It is both (a) the most impressive +EV giraffe you'll see there and also (b) contains the most hideous downswongs you'll ever see there. Almost no one has either the BR or the mental fortitude to play an extremely high variance (albeit perhaps ++EV) style and withstand those types of swongs (both in terms of $$$ and mental health). Especially you.

GgoodluckG
gobbledygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:14 PM   #3986
thin_slicing
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 325
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

If you are getting annoyed at players calling with bad hands you don't understand how poker works.

If you get annoyed because someone raised when you limp you don't understand how poker works.

If you get annoyed because drunk people spaz out with bad hands you don't understand how poker works.
thin_slicing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:03 PM   #3987
SimpleRick
journeyman
 
SimpleRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 298
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin_slicing View Post
If you are getting annoyed at players calling with bad hands you don't understand how poker works.

If you get annoyed because someone raised when you limp you don't understand how poker works.

If you get annoyed because drunk people spaz out with bad hands you don't understand how poker works.
Yeah you need to remove yourself from the results and just try to play your best game.
SimpleRick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:47 PM   #3988
WereBeer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,655
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Any2Cards2008 View Post
Here are some targets for you. 5/10nl online capable reg @party poker. Crushing apps high stakes. Crushing live without the degeneracy. Savings/bankroll should exceed 300k-500k
Should probably aim for 300K savings first. That won't take long on 50% of winnings at 1/3.
WereBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:49 PM   #3989
WereBeer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7,655
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Any2Cards2008 View Post
Here are some targets for you. 5/10nl online capable reg @party poker. Crushing apps high stakes. Crushing live without the degeneracy. Savings/bankroll should exceed 300k-500k
Should probably aim for 300K savings first. That won't take long on 50% of winnings at 1/3 minus living expenses. In Melbourne. For a guy who only eats takeout.
WereBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:26 PM   #3990
Sir Donkington III
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 91
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Yo, quick question that doesn't have to do with cooking or whatnot.

Do they have like, $25 or $50 sit n gos at the casino in Melbourne? Just wondering cos I like em online to get my itchiness outta my pantaloons, and the OP can do last longer bets with the other players too. This might maybe help with the "spazzy" play. It's alot better pushing KQo in position with 11 bb than torching off a 200bb stack.
Sir Donkington III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:57 PM   #3991
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,169
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

You're playing back against strength way too often. Villain's ranges are just way ahead of your holdings while you inflate the pot and are nowhere near deep enough to ever get folds. Just pure punts to people playing extremely face up and probably dont beat 1/3.
aoFrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:08 PM   #3992
Any2Cards2008
journeyman
 
Any2Cards2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 357
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBeer View Post
Should probably aim for 300K savings first. That won't take long on 50% of winnings at 1/3 minus living expenses. In Melbourne. For a guy who only eats takeout.
Lol true....he has to break out into apps more then get off stake then buy a tatts ticket and get lucky
Living expenses in Melb are thru the roof
There are no sng at crown
Any2Cards2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:56 PM   #3993
mirage01
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,681
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bet me View Post
I don't mind the swings, just as long as I'm maximising my EV.
.
That's nice but I'm pretty sure your limited bank roll and staker would disagree.
mirage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #3994
barney big nuts
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 394
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
Not having a bankroll, and being a good player or not is often tied together.

If he truly is so good as you say, how come he doesent have a bankroll? Strange right? A big part of being a good player is managing your money in smart ways, also known as bankrollmanagement. Not just the technical abilities of the game.

In my world, the players i have met through the years who claims they are good but they just dont have a bankroll (small detail right,what a coincidence), very often isnt as good as they think.
You can be very good at poker and also have very bad spending habits.
barney big nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:43 PM   #3995
6bet me
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,756
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin_slicing View Post
If you are getting annoyed at players calling with bad hands you don't understand how poker works.

If you get annoyed because someone raised when you limp you don't understand how poker works.

If you get annoyed because drunk people spaz out with bad hands you don't understand how poker works.
I love it when drunk people spaz out and I love it when people call down with bad hands. I hate it when people attack limpers though.

In summary, I love it when people play badly/spew away stacks, but I hate it when people play well.

And when there's a player that normally punts off stacks and gets it in super light, but he just happens to have KK/AA against me everytime, then I get upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleRick View Post
Yeah you need to remove yourself from the results and just try to play your best game.
I try my best but it's hard sometimes. Like the old saying goes: EV doesn't pay the bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Donkington III View Post
Yo, quick question that doesn't have to do with cooking or whatnot.

Do they have like, $25 or $50 sit n gos at the casino in Melbourne? Just wondering cos I like em online to get my itchiness outta my pantaloons, and the OP can do last longer bets with the other players too. This might maybe help with the "spazzy" play. It's alot better pushing KQo in position with 11 bb than torching off a 200bb stack.
No Sit n Goes. They do have a $60 buyin midday madness tournament though, which is basically a hyper turbo format that gets about 50 players per day. The rake is 20% though so it would barely be profitable even if you knew your push/fold charts perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney big nuts View Post
You can be very good at poker and also have very bad spending habits.
+1 to this

I know plenty of people that work part-time jobs and are constantly broke. This is because their income = their living expenses, so they don't save.

It's the same with me at poker. I was hardly putting in volume and I had high living expenses, thus I ultimately saved nothing. My win rate was pretty good though.

So the 2 things I need to work on are:
1) Putting in more volume; effectively turn this into a full-time job instead of a part-time job.
2) Keeping living expenses low, buy less luxury items.
6bet me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:44 AM   #3996
SpinMeRightRound
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,137
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bet me View Post
I love it when drunk people spaz out and I love it when people call down with bad hands. I hate it when people attack limpers though.

In summary, I love it when people play badly/spew away stacks, but I hate it when people play well.

And when there's a player that normally punts off stacks and gets it in super light, but he just happens to have KK/AA against me everytime, then I get upset.
If they indeed have KK/AA against you everytime, then either:

a) your reads are way off the mark and you need to improve them
b) these opponents adjust specifically to you by playing a tighter range, but against other players, they play looser

Sure you might get unlucky to run into the top of their ranges every now and then, but if it's happening all the time, it's not bad luck.

Quote:
+1 to this

I know plenty of people that work part-time jobs and are constantly broke. This is because their income = their living expenses, so they don't save.

It's the same with me at poker. I was hardly putting in volume and I had high living expenses, thus I ultimately saved nothing. My win rate was pretty good though.

So the 2 things I need to work on are:
1) Putting in more volume; effectively turn this into a full-time job instead of a part-time job.
2) Keeping living expenses low, buy less luxury items.
Are you still spending $40+ a day on eating out at takeaways and restaurants? Because if you are, that's something you could cut out right away if you cooked your own food. Words are utterly meaningless unless you back them up with actions.
SpinMeRightRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:41 AM   #3997
6bet me
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,756
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinMeRightRound View Post
If they indeed have KK/AA against you everytime, then either:

a) your reads are way off the mark and you need to improve them
b) these opponents adjust specifically to you by playing a tighter range, but against other players, they play looser

Sure you might get unlucky to run into the top of their ranges every now and then, but if it's happening all the time, it's not bad luck.

Are you still spending $40+ a day on eating out at takeaways and restaurants? Because if you are, that's something you could cut out right away if you cooked your own food. Words are utterly meaningless unless you back them up with actions.
They're definitely not adjusting to me. They're not good enough to adjust. They just play the same losing strategy for 20+ years and never change.

Not spending that much. I spend maybe $25 per day on food.
6bet me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:08 AM   #3998
SpinMeRightRound
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,137
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bet me View Post
They're definitely not adjusting to me. They're not good enough to adjust. They just play the same losing strategy for 20+ years and never change.

Not spending that much. I spend maybe $25 per day on food.
And yet they just happen to have KK/AA against you everytime? Something isn't adding up I'm afraid.

That's still an utterly ridiculous amount to spend on food. Think about it - if you spent only 1/3 of that (which is a far more reasonable amount), you could save up an extra ~$6k in a year, which is a decent shot at 2/5.
SpinMeRightRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:14 AM   #3999
MMSS
veteran
 
MMSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,829
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

$25 a day on food and you're trying to save, lolololololol.
MMSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #4000
Brokenstars
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Brokenstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Check out my PGC!!!
Posts: 11,645
Re: Having a really bad downswing immediately after setting poker goals

Dude, $25/day on food is ridiculous. I eat frivolously and don't meal plan well and less than half that lol
Brokenstars is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online