Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2020, 07:11 AM   #376
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 13,084
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTyman9 View Post
I'm surprised it's legal.

I mean it honestly probably isnít they just havenít been sued by anybody with enough funds to see it through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzyB123 View Post
Couple of nice binks there bud, I like the lobby screenies!
Ayayyaay thanks bae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
im confused, wouldnt bigger guarentees be better for you?
Look at two scenarios

Tournament a) has 100k guarantee for 100$ buyin and overlays by 20k. Thatís 20000$ in unadjusted ev spread across 800 players or an immediate 25$/25% roi on top of any ev one has going in

Tournament b) has the same 100$ buyin and 100k guarantee but on that site the site runners fear it may overlay and frantically throw in all their aunts and siblings into that tournament, so that it barely reaches the guarantee. Even if these 200 players are massive whales what used to be 25$/head in overlay equity now at most becomes 10-15$ because nobody has the capability to actually lose at more than 60% roi given how poker works.

Thus this is straight up theft as far as I am concerned because clearly the operator doesnít honor any promises they make and actually at the very least makes very false statements in their advertising.

Are bigger prize pools better per sť? Yes but not at the expense of site integrity. If you donít have the natural liquidity to run a tourney then donít fkn run it and work on your satellite program and ad campaigns.

To reiterate- I consider last minute free rolls into tourneys that are about to fail wrong. I donít consider bigger prize pools bad. But there is a balance to be struck and itís not done this way imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mgtiltz View Post
Lame downswing at the end of last year but glad to see that you're coming back in with extra gas and seemingly fresh mindset this year

GL!


Happens, wasnít my best showing as a poker pro either *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Thanks bud hope it stays that way for the foreseeable future

Gl to u!
blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:01 AM   #377
iAudrius
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 60
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Hmm I actually disagree and I think it's nothing wrong in what Party is doing. Tournament GTD is a garuantee that a specific prizepool will be reach. It's not a garuanteed that a tournament will overlay. That would have "20k added to prizepool" at the tournament name. So PP has a right to distribute tickets to anyone they want if they can see that GTD will not be reached. It's not like Party is saying "There will be free 100 tickets to be won" and then give it to their employees.

which scenario is better for you?
1) Agressive GTD strategy (Like party poker), with usual overlays and in some cases 100k gtd which would reach only 80k but remaining 20k are filled with random amateurs.

2) Conservative GTD strategy like Stars, which almost never overlays and prizepools are shrinking.
iAudrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:59 PM   #378
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 13,084
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

I think if they were doing it in a way that was Public, I.e. in the open that they are gifting away seats in certain tournaments or whatever there would be much less a case for me to be made about. As is however they advertise one thing and then artificially and super shadily achieve it to the actual detriment of honest players.

The argument isnít about ďdo I like big prize pools or notĒ itís ďdo I like to purchase something of a certain value (my own entry into a tournament with an advertised ev) for it then to lose a large chunk of its value without prior announcement or other communicationĒ I donít really see your argument working here because these things happen AFTER tourneys are posted with certain guarantees and WHILE they see that they need to artificially inflate prizepools.
blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:01 PM   #379
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 13,084
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

My point is either make ways available for everybody to be one of those aunts and grandmas gaining free rolls and entries into these tourneys or donít use this shady tactic which to my knowledge is sanctionable under all kinds of laws if it keeps happening
blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:30 PM   #380
Whatalife333
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 227
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Pretty chill if they give away tickets to whoever in some promo or whatever. But when these players get put in for a very small% freeroll and most of the money won by these roflers going back to party/people who bought the overlayed tickets at a heavy discount is pure scum lol. All this has been happening for a good few years and it's no wonder people dont like to talk about it in the open.

Unlucky for the run at the end of the year and big gls for 2020 lad <3
Whatalife333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #381
iAudrius
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 60
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkman08 View Post

The argument isnít about ďdo I like big prize pools or notĒ itís ďdo I like to purchase something of a certain value (my own entry into a tournament with an advertised ev) for it then to lose a large chunk of its value without prior announcement or other communicationĒ I donít really see your argument working here because these things happen AFTER tourneys are posted with certain guarantees and WHILE they see that they need to artificially inflate prizepools.
Well, if they are advertising 100k prizepool then you should expect 100k prizepool. It's not like they advertise 100k, you register and they announce that gtd was deducted to 80k. They do not promise to not give away tickets or to garuantee and overlay. They have the right to choose who they give tickets to. Same as stars used to let fish unlock hundreds of $ worth of rewards by playing spins, while caping regs rewards to like 0.5$. Same with personalized deposit codes on some sites.

Why would it be ok for you to make a last minute freeroll to fill the spots? It's the same thing, gtd would be reached and you wouldn't have an overlay.
Unless those party employees are tough players, which I doubt.
iAudrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:47 PM   #382
Boku
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Real Time Assistance @myPG&C
Posts: 23
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkman08 View Post
Look at two scenarios

Tournament a) has 100k guarantee for 100$ buyin and overlays by 20k. Thatís 20000$ in unadjusted ev spread across 800 players or an immediate 25$/25% roi on top of any ev one has going in

Tournament b) has the same 100$ buyin and 100k guarantee but on that site the site runners fear it may overlay and frantically throw in all their aunts and siblings into that tournament, so that it barely reaches the guarantee. Even if these 200 players are massive whales what used to be 25$/head in overlay equity now at most becomes 10-15$ because nobody has the capability to actually lose at more than 60% roi given how poker works.

Thus this is straight up theft as far as I am concerned because clearly the operator doesnít honor any promises they make and actually at the very least makes very false statements in their advertising.

Are bigger prize pools better per sť? Yes but not at the expense of site integrity. If you donít have the natural liquidity to run a tourney then donít fkn run it and work on your satellite program and ad campaigns.

To reiterate- I consider last minute free rolls into tourneys that are about to fail wrong. I donít consider bigger prize pools bad. But there is a balance to be struck and itís not done this way imo
theft is an over kill imo - sure, they can handle it better but just because the overlay gets filled by 'suspected' random accounts does not make it theft. for a reality check, you should take a look at the sportsbetting industry and the sh*t show that is.

alternative strategy would be to gather a lot of your friends and fill up the overlay yourself - would be quite profitable
Boku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:38 AM   #383
YugiohPro
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: There and back again
Posts: 1,496
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

blakkman clearly in the right here. Party is fighting the good fight and clearly the one to root for (PKO pricing, player rewards, guarantee margin, etc) but this aspect of their business has always been an ugly flaw and I'm sad to hear they're still doing it.

I've actually studied this and investigated it and at least in the past it was very likely they run these entries as a pure freeroll of sorts. I've seen documentation of 50/50 splits earlier from ex-BRS players. This is clearly theft from the prize pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAudrius View Post
Hmm I actually disagree and I think it's nothing wrong in what Party is doing. Tournament GTD is a garuantee that a specific prizepool will be reach. It's not a garuanteed that a tournament will overlay. That would have "20k added to prizepool" at the tournament name. So PP has a right to distribute tickets to anyone they want if they can see that GTD will not be reached. It's not like Party is saying "There will be free 100 tickets to be won" and then give it to their employees.

which scenario is better for you?
1) Agressive GTD strategy (Like party poker), with usual overlays and in some cases 100k gtd which would reach only 80k but remaining 20k are filled with random amateurs.

2) Conservative GTD strategy like Stars, which almost never overlays and prizepools are shrinking.
Your entire post is a logical fallacy. Your scenario is just a false dilemma. How about option 3) run tournaments with more maintainable guarantees honestly. And what if your option 1) actually doesn't involve random amateurs but involves players who are giving a cut of their winnings back to Party?

"It's not like Party is saying "There will be free 100 tickets to be won" and then give it to their employees.

Actually it kind of is. And at least in the past that's literally what they were doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
theft is an over kill imo - sure, they can handle it better but just because the overlay gets filled by 'suspected' random accounts does not make it theft. for a reality check, you should take a look at the sportsbetting industry and the sh*t show that is.
Your reference to the sportsbetting industry has nothing do with a poker tournament with an advertised guarantee. How can that provide a reality check when the two are not related at all? The business model of offering poker tournaments with a guaranteed prize pool is very unique.

Think calling it outright theft isn't quite correct/accurate but it's definitely closer to theft than non-theft.
YugiohPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:11 AM   #384
mantecaa
centurion
 
mantecaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 102
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by YugiohPro View Post
"It's not like Party is saying "There will be free 100 tickets to be won" and then give it to their employees.

Actually it kind of is. And at least in the past that's literally what they were doing.
Just for clarity, the people who are being put in are done so with what expectation should they cash?
Is it set up where they are keeping a % of themselves and party the rest or they are essentially just buying a discounted entry?
mantecaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:24 AM   #385
iAudrius
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 60
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

I am still not convinced that it's unfair in any way. It's like saying that BitB shouldn't allow their players to play on party because one of the owners of BitB (Pads) is part of the Party team and he gets the cut for players profits. Or that people who sell action could not join highstakes games because they buy-in at discounted price.
Those players that Party put in the games has no unfair advantage. They don't see cards, they don't get more chips at the start of the tournament, they are not automated bots, these are not private games where only Party emloyees and recreationals could join. It's just like if party owners has their own stable that they put players in a game whenever they want.
If you would have an offline casino and wouldn't have enough customers for games to run, would it be unethical to invite and stake some of your friends to start the game?

What about the stables? Are they ethical? Aren't they ruining the games even more by not only putting winning players in higher games, but also teaching them how to be better? Isn't it unfair for players who study for themselves and play with their own money, feel a financial pressure by risking their BRs?
iAudrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:15 PM   #386
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 13,084
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantecaa View Post
Just for clarity, the people who are being put in are done so with what expectation should they cash?
Is it set up where they are keeping a % of themselves and party the rest or they are essentially just buying a discounted entry?
they get put in and get to keep up to 10% of any amount cashed. rest goes back into party's (or their affiliate's/assosiate's) pocket. no buyin is paid by the player, this is sent to their account beforehand


@iaudrius i urge u to sit down and thinnk what it actually is i am arguinbg vs what it is u are saying. i find zero correlation between my own and your statements. this has absolutely nothing to do with either stables or unfair advantages any player receives and everything to do with disguising information and thus lying to customers and market manipulation. basically everything yugi has said is my point of view as well.
blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:19 AM   #387
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 13,084
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Quote:
[ ] play 4 sessions minimum startign monday leaving as much of a chance as possible of achieving 5 sessions by sunday

[ ] get back into a workout routine
played 3 last week and was gonna get a 4th but went out twice and was too dead on sunday to do anything abotu that. usually i go out no more than twice a month so cant really forsee that turn of events haha

workouts were a big no no once again. started this week with a strong 8.5 hour session from 6:40 am on monday but problematically have caught some bug that seems to be affecting everybody i know around here and have had a pretty harsh headache for the last 2 days preventing grinding. i got in a few solid review sessions however this week which i m happy about as its at least somewhat productive. i m on 10 sessions for the month right now, having skipped two deliberately and sth like 2.5 bc of health reasons. so while i m sitting here somewaht disappointed at my measly volume lately its still up quite significantly from my last year's average. month still has 2 days so maybe i can squeeze another session in before calling it. def gonna def aim to get more sessions in than this month.
blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:06 AM   #388
moremore
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: railing Gazz
Posts: 968
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

in
moremore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 05:55 PM   #389
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 13,084
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

yooooo

sadly due to being somewhat sick throughout the week i wasnt able to grind midweek so only played monday and today for a total of 2 sessions. i tried to make the most of the situation and got in a volume of reviews this week that i havent been able to hit since last march. its funny how a healthy rythm and review work ethic make me wanna grind more. def sth i m going to try to hold on to for as long as i can. i also have been tracking my hours this year of both plaiyng volume and review volume. given that my january in essence was 20-21 days (travel for 5 and sick for 5 more) i think my overall hours put in of 92 ish hours is okaaaay. i wont run around and claim that i m the sickest grinder or whatever and its miles from what i used to put in a couple years ago... BUT i am happy with my productivity this month and my appetite towards grinding has definitely seen an uptick lately which is a feeling i really have missed.

all things told i think january went about the way i d have hoped itd go minus the getting sick part.

so overall going forward i think i m going to somewhat restructure my goal setting. total number of sessions played seems a little too arbitrary given that i naturally gravitate towards playing over reviewing. however i think setting goals for hours devoted to poker (playing+review) is a bit more productive and allows me to have days where i just cant get myself to play to not feel completely wasted.

so the basic goal for february is 140 hours of poker related activity.

given my ratio this month of play vs review this roughly equates to a goal of 15 sessions and 10 reviews of 2 hours each. its what i d have ended up with without being sick and without travelling this month.

today's session was a real nice wrapup to the month, was deep in the hole 80% of the way through the session but managed 3 fts in 3 of my latest tournaments including a bink with all the bounties in this bowl



this is basically how my grind is these days. the tourneys i play are 95% bread and butter games that have been my most successful type of game type for the last 6-7 years, with two higher stake tourneys thrown in per day. there s a chance i will at some point reconsider and switch back to peak hours but i really enjoy the type of life that comes with plaiyng this schedule. the one thing i need to get better at is getting ri of that peaktime mindset of '3 sessions a week is plenty' because my peak sessions used to be from 4pm until at least 2 if not 3, 4 , 5 am sometimes so naturally its much more workload per session than what i get these days which is an average session length of 8 hours. Ideally i d like to get to a point where its natural for me to play 5 of these a week but i dont wanna push yself into burnout territory yet but i thnk its def a possibility towards march and april. i also consciously will not take any vacation trips until my big trip starts in september (barcelona is still not 100% to happen either for that reason). i simply need to make sure i get my volume for the year in in the 7 months i have remaining.

anyway thanks for following along, i ll be back next week with a weekly review

peace
blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:17 PM   #390
SilverFang
enthusiast
 
SilverFang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 88
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkman08 View Post
yooooo

sadly due to being somewhat sick throughout the week i wasnt able to grind midweek so only played monday and today for a total of 2 sessions. i tried to make the most of the situation and got in a volume of reviews this week that i havent been able to hit since last march. its funny how a healthy rythm and review work ethic make me wanna grind more. def sth i m going to try to hold on to for as long as i can. i also have been tracking my hours this year of both plaiyng volume and review volume. given that my january in essence was 20-21 days (travel for 5 and sick for 5 more) i think my overall hours put in of 92 ish hours is okaaaay. i wont run around and claim that i m the sickest grinder or whatever and its miles from what i used to put in a couple years ago... BUT i am happy with my productivity this month and my appetite towards grinding has definitely seen an uptick lately which is a feeling i really have missed.

all things told i think january went about the way i d have hoped itd go minus the getting sick part.

so overall going forward i think i m going to somewhat restructure my goal setting. total number of sessions played seems a little too arbitrary given that i naturally gravitate towards playing over reviewing. however i think setting goals for hours devoted to poker (playing+review) is a bit more productive and allows me to have days where i just cant get myself to play to not feel completely wasted.

so the basic goal for february is 140 hours of poker related activity.

given my ratio this month of play vs review this roughly equates to a goal of 15 sessions and 10 reviews of 2 hours each. its what i d have ended up with without being sick and without travelling this month.

today's session was a real nice wrapup to the month, was deep in the hole 80% of the way through the session but managed 3 fts in 3 of my latest tournaments including a bink with all the bounties in this bowl



this is basically how my grind is these days. the tourneys i play are 95% bread and butter games that have been my most successful type of game type for the last 6-7 years, with two higher stake tourneys thrown in per day. there s a chance i will at some point reconsider and switch back to peak hours but i really enjoy the type of life that comes with plaiyng this schedule. the one thing i need to get better at is getting ri of that peaktime mindset of '3 sessions a week is plenty' because my peak sessions used to be from 4pm until at least 2 if not 3, 4 , 5 am sometimes so naturally its much more workload per session than what i get these days which is an average session length of 8 hours. Ideally i d like to get to a point where its natural for me to play 5 of these a week but i dont wanna push yself into burnout territory yet but i thnk its def a possibility towards march and april. i also consciously will not take any vacation trips until my big trip starts in september (barcelona is still not 100% to happen either for that reason). i simply need to make sure i get my volume for the year in in the 7 months i have remaining.

anyway thanks for following along, i ll be back next week with a weekly review

peace

Glad to see you grind again And love those pictures.

How do you feel about profit per session off peak, you think its doable to make as much per hour as peak?
Def softer, but smaller fields and mostly stars. Schedule isnt to trhilling either.

HOw do you motivate?
SilverFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:09 PM   #391
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 13,084
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFang View Post
Glad to see you grind again And love those pictures.

How do you feel about profit per session off peak, you think its doable to make as much per hour as peak?
Def softer, but smaller fields and mostly stars. Schedule isnt to trhilling either.

HOw do you motivate?
yoyoyo

thanks bud i think the earnings in offpeak are definitely capped at a lower ceiling than peak time grind simpyl because of the maxximum of maaaybe 3500$ u caninvest (and that is stretching it and would rely on like 20 tabling literalyl everything for 10+ hours)

i normally average about 2500$ in total buyins in games with field sizes averaging maybe 200 players. naturally roi is also capped because theres much less cumulative mistakes happening for tons of chips ddeep in tourneys bc fun players because the mtt is over before anybody has 500k chips. all that said i think or me personally the early shcedule is really nice. i get to live somewhat comfortably, wake up at nromal times, not have too much stress while grinding and make a pretty solid hourly and best of all the sessions dont fk me up physically becasue they are easily done after a maximum of 9 hours (rather than a peak session that if i start at 4pm usually goes until 2am-4am) the upsides all combined outweigh the decrease in hourly for me at least for now. i m jjsut glad i get myself to grind 4ish times a week and then still want to do strategy etc. this is somehting that hasnt been the case since i believe may or april last year so i ll take any positives that i can get my hands on these days

i guess its been a while since my last update, i m chugging along nicely, am a little bit behind pace for 140 motnhly hours (am currently at 61.9, but am playing a session tomorrow so if it s long enough shoul dhit the half way mark right at the middle of the month)

been playing a good amount and at that also well although evbb/100 and other metrics keep trying to tell me otherwise. gonna not let it stress me too much until i get a bigger sample. all the things i have control over seem to indicate i m playing well which is what matters. that and i ve actually been able to win a few mtts this month. long may it continue

prob back either next week or end of motnh for the recap

peace
blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:32 PM   #392
SilverFang
enthusiast
 
SilverFang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 88
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkman08 View Post
yoyoyo

thanks bud i think the earnings in offpeak are definitely capped at a lower ceiling than peak time grind simpyl because of the maxximum of maaaybe 3500$ u caninvest (and that is stretching it and would rely on like 20 tabling literalyl everything for 10+ hours)

i normally average about 2500$ in total buyins in games with field sizes averaging maybe 200 players. naturally roi is also capped because theres much less cumulative mistakes happening for tons of chips ddeep in tourneys bc fun players because the mtt is over before anybody has 500k chips. all that said i think or me personally the early shcedule is really nice. i get to live somewhat comfortably, wake up at nromal times, not have too much stress while grinding and make a pretty solid hourly and best of all the sessions dont fk me up physically becasue they are easily done after a maximum of 9 hours (rather than a peak session that if i start at 4pm usually goes until 2am-4am) the upsides all combined outweigh the decrease in hourly for me at least for now. i m jjsut glad i get myself to grind 4ish times a week and then still want to do strategy etc. this is somehting that hasnt been the case since i believe may or april last year so i ll take any positives that i can get my hands on these days

i guess its been a while since my last update, i m chugging along nicely, am a little bit behind pace for 140 motnhly hours (am currently at 61.9, but am playing a session tomorrow so if it s long enough shoul dhit the half way mark right at the middle of the month)

been playing a good amount and at that also well although evbb/100 and other metrics keep trying to tell me otherwise. gonna not let it stress me too much until i get a bigger sample. all the things i have control over seem to indicate i m playing well which is what matters. that and i ve actually been able to win a few mtts this month. long may it continue

prob back either next week or end of motnh for the recap

peace
Thanks for youre replys sir. Glad you seem to be in a good spot in life & grind!
SilverFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:37 AM   #393
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 13,084
*** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Thanks bud

óóó


February was all around a good month. I managed to play about as often as I set out to (14 sessions) and studied a good amount on top. I did however miss my February hours input goal by about 15 hours for two reasons. In week 3 I struggled extremely hard to get good sleep in and so ended up in spots twice where last year i d simply have skipped the grind or review all together but during that week ended up forcing myself to grind anyway, however part way through these sessions I ended up having either massive headaches or concentration problems so cut both these sessions short. Those headaches were as I now realize caused by both too little water intake and slightly too high caffeination that week. I ve adjusted both and should be fine going forward.

I cooked 96% of the meals I ate, learned to bake bread and make some of the best bruschetta I ve had so far, made some big strides in becoming a better cook this month. And I started doing yoga for the first time ever and got hooked so inb4 idiot yoga updates

Goals for March:

140 hours of poker (play+strat)

Learn to bake sourdough rye from scratch

Get my baguettes to rise the way they should

Yoga at least 1/week ideally 2+



blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:39 PM   #394
GazzyB123
Pooh-Bah
 
GazzyB123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yer maw
Posts: 5,175
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Did a bit of yoga in Jan myself, thoroughly enjoyable.

Show us yer warrior pose!
GazzyB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:50 PM   #395
badmoe92
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 231
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

i was randomly scrolling through tournament lobbys on stars pricepools exploding right now
nice score in the bb215
badmoe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:21 PM   #396
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 13,084
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

thanks bud. 3rd in that 215bb for 18k ish made for a very decent month saver but canít help but feel a bit bittersweet as first was 47k+

Classic Sunday feels, one is never happy

Been playing peak last two weeks as games have been better than they have been since I started playing mtts full Time in 2013. Pretty crazy scenes, hope you all are safe and making the most of the situation

Peace
blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:20 PM   #397
GazzyB123
Pooh-Bah
 
GazzyB123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yer maw
Posts: 5,175
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Think you'll ever have the Sunday of all Sundays? And if so do you think it'll feel as good as you imagined?
GazzyB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:40 PM   #398
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 13,084
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

'The Sunday of all Sundays' i would define as winning something spectacular like a scoop medium/high, the sunday million or equivalent, so like a 6fig score, outright win etc. i think it would def feel good as even yesterday felt pretty fkn amazing it being the first big score since last april if i recall correctly. winning 5-8 times that would prob feel about 3-4 times as good to put it in numbers. i do feel like the two major feelings i d get are relief and extremely misguided validation or sth but ya mtt poker is just like that. reward doesnt directly step from hard work and so whatever we feel can be very misplaced
blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:38 AM   #399
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 13,084
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkman08 View Post
Goals for March:

140 hours of poker (play+strat)

Learn to bake sourdough rye from scratch

Get my baguettes to rise the way they should

Yoga at least 1/week ideally 2+
125 hrs
Learned that rye is really fickle flour to use but been baking sourdough multiple times a week so call it a win
Baguettes still donít rise but my breads do- def a technique thing and I simply donít like baguettes enough to bother
Yoga I prob did 3/week

Not gonna spend too much time recapping- Missed the hours goal bc I spent an entire week baking pretty much, last two weeks I played my heart out. Really hope you all stay safe and donít unnecessarily leave the house etc! Letís all do our part and while we re at it enjoy the side effect of the boom poker is having. Stay safe and gl

Oh April goals

140 fkn hours
Cook two things per week I didnít make in March
Yoga 3/week


Peace
blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:17 AM   #400
BenaBadBeat
5 or a 9... 5 or a 9...
 
BenaBadBeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 50 shades of grey
Posts: 4,584
Re: *** blakkman08 2k19 goals and progress thread ***

my gf has been attempting to do the same. any pro tips for a good sourdough starter ??
BenaBadBeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive