Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2016, 05:02 AM   #1
RUBRUB12
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,188
$42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Hello for those who don't know me my name is Ruben and I'm 20years of age and dropped out of school to chase my dreams.

About the challenge

So i have 42$ in ignition casino i could deposit more, but for the sake of motivation i created a race to beat doug to 10k. By all means this is for motivational purposes. Doug would destroy my soul lol. For the stakes that ill play it will be 50nl. I'm just going to sit 50nl and win.

About me

I have made a ton of threads that of course like many didn't work out so well. I just recently decided to finally make the decision to not go to school for the degree, but for the knowledge. So i attend classes that interest me. I find that going to college and getting the degree isn't going to open the doors i want. What has been my dream since i was 13 years old was to be a professional poker player. I finally grew a pair of balls and said I'm going to do it. I just wanna make sure 40 years from now ruben is proud that i took a risk to follow what i love. I have been doing poker full time with uber for capital for 1 month now. And i must say I'm the happiest i have ever been in my life. I have a girlfriend who i met in high school who i love deeply. She encourages me to follow my dream and i couldn't be more thankful. If you would like to know more about me don't hesitate to ask.

- RUB

How many "in b4 busto" can we get???
RUBRUB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:17 AM   #2
N0M3RCY
journeyman
 
N0M3RCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 228
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

So you are going to play NL50 with 42$? And you ''dropped'' out of school to play poker?

These two thing alone tell me that.. OP you are ******ed and indeed inb4busto.

Stop being delusional and make RIO account.. then just learn for a month or two and then sit at the tables.

Last edited by N0M3RCY; 11-08-2016 at 05:22 AM.
N0M3RCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:22 AM   #3
RUBRUB12
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,188
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0M3RCY View Post
So you are going to play NL50 with 42$? And you ''dropped'' out of school to play poker?

These two thing alone tell me that.. OP you are ******ed and indeed inb4busto.

Stop being delusional and make RIO account.. then just learn for a month or two and sit at the tables.
Yes thats correct. i have a RIO account i watch a video a day. Like i said in the post its a challenge for motivational purposes. I want to grind up a small roll at 50nl 1buyin sure crazy, but obv i have more buyins in the life roll. its just fun to try and run it up.

Thanks "in b4 busto" count 1
RUBRUB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:27 AM   #4
reloadonsashagray
grinder
 
reloadonsashagray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 524
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBRUB12 View Post
Hello for those who don't know me my name is Ruben and I'm 20years of age and dropped out of school to chase my dreams.

About the challenge

So i have 42$ in ignition casino i could deposit more, but for the sake of motivation i created a race to beat doug to 10k. By all means this is for motivational purposes. Doug would destroy my soul lol. For the stakes that ill play it will be 50nl. I'm just going to sit 50nl and win.

About me

I have made a ton of threads that of course like many didn't work out so well. I just recently decided to finally make the decision to not go to school for the degree, but for the knowledge. So i attend classes that interest me. I find that going to college and getting the degree isn't going to open the doors i want. What has been my dream since i was 13 years old was to be a professional poker player. I finally grew a pair of balls and said I'm going to do it. I just wanna make sure 40 years from now ruben is proud that i took a risk to follow what i love. I have been doing poker full time with uber for capital for 1 month now. And i must say I'm the happiest i have ever been in my life. I have a girlfriend who i met in high school who i love deeply. She encourages me to follow my dream and i couldn't be more thankful. If you would like to know more about me don't hesitate to ask.

- RUB

How many "in b4 busto" can we get???
> my name is Ruben and I'm 20years of age and dropped out of school to chase my dreams.
>So i have 42$ in ignition casino
> For the stakes that ill play it will be 50nl. I'm just going to sit 50nl and win.
>I have made a ton of threads that of course like many didn't work out so well.

On the last point i wonder why...less than 1 bi and expecting to win fk it man you got this
reloadonsashagray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:28 AM   #5
spinandlol
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 23
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

how many hands have you played online before this? what are your results?
spinandlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:38 AM   #6
RUBRUB12
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,188
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloadonsashagray View Post
> my name is Ruben and I'm 20years of age and dropped out of school to chase my dreams.
>So i have 42$ in ignition casino
> For the stakes that ill play it will be 50nl. I'm just going to sit 50nl and win.
>I have made a ton of threads that of course like many didn't work out so well.

On the last point i wonder why...less than 1 bi and expecting to win fk it man you got this
AYE! fk it man believe in the kid one time!
RUBRUB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:40 AM   #7
RUBRUB12
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,188
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinandlol View Post
how many hands have you played online before this? what are your results?
i have been playing online since i was legal mostly 25nl. with some 50nl experience. break even player till recently.
RUBRUB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:11 AM   #8
spinandlol
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 23
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBRUB12 View Post
break even player till recently.
until that upswing is over again i guess.

looking at your other threads itīs pretty easy to tell that you donīt have the right mindset, discipline and probably skill to make a lot of money playing poker. honestly i think in the long run you will be a lot happier if you just give up on this "dream". even if there was a slim chance you can make it, playing poker for a living is not that great.

just my 2 cents, good luck though
spinandlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:05 AM   #9
AnotherMakiavelli
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,451
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

not sure if trolling or 4 real

Spoiler:


first thing i would read about is called bankroll management a.k.a. BRM.

even doug uses BRM, that's why he's playing 1$ SNG with his ~$100 fictitious bankroll. 100 buyins is kind of conservative for 1$ SNGs, this will make sure the probability to go busto is very low.

with ~40 bucks playing NL2 (~20 buyins) without going broke is already a challenge.

Last edited by AnotherMakiavelli; 11-08-2016 at 08:28 AM.
AnotherMakiavelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:47 AM   #10
sam1chips
adept
 
sam1chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 896
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Will you be streaming this one on twitch also?

Also, in b4 busto .00 --> ,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sam1chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:50 AM   #11
MultiTabling
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,820
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloadonsashagray View Post
> my name is Ruben and I'm 20years of age and dropped out of school to chase my dreams.
>So i have 42$ in ignition casino
> For the stakes that ill play it will be 50nl. I'm just going to sit 50nl and win.
>I have made a ton of threads that of course like many didn't work out so well.

On the last point i wonder why...less than 1 bi and expecting to win fk it man you got this
OP is either a troll or a seriously delusional kid. I wonder what his family and friends thought of him dropping out of school to play poker.
MultiTabling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:24 AM   #12
sam1chips
adept
 
sam1chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 896
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiTabling View Post
OP is either a troll or a seriously delusional kid. I wonder what his family and friends thought of him dropping out of school to play poker.


Based off of his previous thread that I followed relatively closely, I would lean closer to delusional.

OP, couple of questions for you:
1. You're still in school, correct? Just taking classes that interest you instead of going "for the degree"? What are you planning to graduate with, given the classes you are currently taking?
2. Where do you live, and how old are you? I've heard that some casinos in the US only require players to be 18. Also, even if the age is 21, you could still play underage there and just don't sign up for a players card. Also, any home games in your area? Not that I'm recommending that, but live poker is generally MUCH easier than online poker at higher stakes, and I would explore those options if possible.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sam1chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:25 PM   #13
N0M3RCY
journeyman
 
N0M3RCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 228
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

I remember being 18 and thinking poker is so easy, won a little etc.. before you know, I was throwing away my student job salary, scholarship,.. everymonth on poker and failed a year of highschool (mixed with now knowing what I want to study in college and do for life). It still ****ing sucked and now that I'm 21, I know how ****ing delusional I was. Probablly more than you, but at least after 2 years of failing I pulled my **** together kind of and saw how ****ing ******ed I was.

If you are really good/disciplined etc.. believe me, you will manage to win at poker and do school at the same time. It would make sense for you to drop out of school if you made 100k+/year and had good results, but not doing school to pursue poker from the bottom is ******ed. You can pursue poker and make decent money from the bottom and do easily school on the side, if you aren't ******ed and delusional.
N0M3RCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 03:20 PM   #14
Warder
adept
 
Warder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,110
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Why do you have 3 pg&c threads?
Warder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:42 PM   #15
KingFiveOff
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 89
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warder View Post
Why do you have 3 pg&c threads?


Bc he is a total degen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KingFiveOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:33 AM   #16
RUBRUB12
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,188
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Day 1




Lol peaked but you know set over set drama lol



Overall day 1 of the challenge went very smoothly. I did everything as planned. I mediated for 10 minutes to clear my head of all negative energy before sessions. Watch runitonce content before each session.

So lets keep this going!
RUBRUB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:37 AM   #17
RUBRUB12
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,188
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherMakiaveli View Post
not sure if trolling or 4 real

Spoiler:


first thing i would read about is called bankroll management a.k.a. BRM.

even doug uses BRM, that's why he's playing 1$ SNG with his ~$100 fictitious bankroll. 100 buyins is kind of conservative for 1$ SNGs, this will make sure the probability to go busto is very low.

with ~40 bucks playing NL2 (~20 buyins) without going broke is already a challenge.
I feel ya.
RUBRUB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:39 AM   #18
RUBRUB12
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,188
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1chips View Post
Will you be streaming this one on twitch also?

Also, in b4 busto .00 --> ,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will stream in the near future of this challenge yes.
RUBRUB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:47 AM   #19
RUBRUB12
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,188
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1chips View Post
Based off of his previous thread that I followed relatively closely, I would lean closer to delusional.

OP, couple of questions for you:
1. You're still in school, correct? Just taking classes that interest you instead of going "for the degree"? What are you planning to graduate with, given the classes you are currently taking?
2. Where do you live, and how old are you? I've heard that some casinos in the US only require players to be 18. Also, even if the age is 21, you could still play underage there and just don't sign up for a players card. Also, any home games in your area? Not that I'm recommending that, but live poker is generally MUCH easier than online poker at higher stakes, and I would explore those options if possible.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. I take classes that interest me. Mainly in the business department. Not to sure I'm not even thinking about that.

2.Stop it creep lol. jk I'm in cali and 20 years old no casinos under 21 from where i live.
RUBRUB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:51 PM   #20
RUBRUB12
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,188
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

Quick question any recommendations for any runitonce videos for the essential plan? I like steve paul so far, but any must watch videos let me know
RUBRUB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:19 PM   #21
RUBRUB12
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,188
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

impromptu stream to test it out, come hang out while i play 1 table of 50nl 6max while i also get super stoned. see ya there https://www.twitch.tv/rubrub12
RUBRUB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:32 PM   #22
Labax
veteran
 
Labax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: "Wait what happened on flop again?"
Posts: 2,164
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

RUBRUB is back <3
Labax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #23
RUBRUB12
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,188
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

nvm my computer sucks lol
RUBRUB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #24
2good2bTrue
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: on the whale's left
Posts: 164
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

220bb is more than enogh imo dunno what all the hassle is about
2good2bTrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:50 PM   #25
worpler
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,817
Re: $42.00 --> $10,000 Going To Beat Doug Polk To 10k

plo spin up FTW - gl sir!
worpler is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Đ 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive