Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Goals & Challenges Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2020, 06:04 PM   #301
whitemares
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,735
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

Why on earth are you short stacking?
whitemares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:00 PM   #302
ZKesic
old hand
 
ZKesic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,577
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

^
- It's fun/relaxing.
- I still get deep later in the session anyways.
- In GTO short stacking would be optimal.
- Most regs study only 100bb+ deep and never ~40-60bb deep, so I should have a bigger edge vs them when we're short.
- Most fish at micros short stack, so If you play deep, you only really play deep vs regs, which just means more rake and variance in the big pots.
- When you play short and limp, regs often tag you as a fish, and adjust to you in predictable ways that you can exploit.
- When short you can generally play more hands/hr, which means more profit.

I think that the better question is: Why would I not short stack?

Almost daily I see regs at 2+2 tell others not to short stack (even beginners) and I'm yet to see someone actually giving a good reason for it (same goes for limping).

At this point I'm convinced that regs just don't know how to play short and get annoyed when someone at their table does it... But guess what - if someone at the table is annoying you, it's probably because he's taking money from you. A 90/3/1 fish that check/calls everything probably doesn't annoy anyone.

That's what I think.
ZKesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:21 PM   #303
whitemares
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,735
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

The main reason is because you can lose significant EV against the plentiful fish who populate lower stakes (and no, most of them don't short stack, they just don't auto-reload)

It might make sense imo to short stack in higher stakes games where you have 4 other very good players and one short fish, partially for the reasons you've outlined, but in lower stakes games, I don't see how the EV you gain from regs could even come remotely close to outweighing the EV you'll lose from fish

I personally don't get annoyed when anyone short stacks, and I can't imagine most other regs do either, because an overwhelming majority of the time they have no clue what's going on. I'm just surprised that you're doing it, because it seems like such an obvious EV torch to me at the level you're playing
whitemares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:00 AM   #304
ZKesic
old hand
 
ZKesic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,577
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

I actually agree with you, whitemares. Playing deep at micros is probably optimal EV-wise if fish are deep. However, I don't really think that the difference is all that big (I've been making 8bb/100 for the last 1.5mil hands while short stacking, afterall) and for me personally, lowering the variance and increasing the volume is more important. Whenever I hit a big downswing I start feeling stressesed, start doubting myself, take pause from playing and even move down in stakes, so even if my win rate is a bit lower when I short stack, I'm probably actually making more money this way.

Btw, if anyone is interested, I studied with my DB a bit to figure out how much of an effect blockers of the folded hands have preflop.

I compared how often we get different hands in different situations. For example, this is for unopened pot when we're on the BTN/SB in 4-5max:



You can see that, for example, when the action is folded to us on the button, we actually get AK around 10% more often than 32. The difference is actually pretty noticable. For SB in 6max the difference gets even higher, to around 20%.

This means, for example, that if someone opens both 32s and AKs at a 100% frequency from the SB, he actually has AKs 20% more often.

This is something that most regs probably don't consider when making their solver sims. As an example I can give you some SB open/limp ranges that I made a while back:

Open:


Limp:


You can see that I have AA and AK in my range 115% of the time, which at first glance seems odd, but is probably more accurate than having the same amount of AKs hands in our range as T9s.

This is the number of combos we get when there's one raiser in front of us:



Here it's as expected the other way around. For example, when CO opens, we will get 32s around 10% more often than AKs.

I hope some of you found this interesting.
ZKesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:52 AM   #305
Lmntn
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 326
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

wow ..need much more time to understanding that i think

ty for poker lesson man..

you move poker science up!.
Lmntn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:54 PM   #306
Lmntn
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 326
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

yes poker is rigged
Lmntn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:03 PM   #307
tinyzombie1
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 68
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

Such a cool thread. GL OP. Hope you get that $100k
tinyzombie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:19 AM   #308
Lmntn
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 326
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombie1 View Post
Such a cool thread. GL OP. Hope you get that $100k
he will do this
Lmntn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 02:57 PM   #309
mih26
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 10
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

Zdravo, one question i have for you. For Slovenians is better to use skrill as deposit/withdraw or credit card? What do you use? I talk about laws, transaction checks, from where you get money, etc?
mih26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:00 PM   #310
ZKesic
old hand
 
ZKesic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,577
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mih26 View Post
Zdravo, one question i have for you. For Slovenians is better to use skrill as deposit/withdraw or credit card? What do you use? I talk about laws, transaction checks, from where you get money, etc?
Hey

There are currently no taxes on poker winnings in Slovenia, so it shouldn't really matter which option you choose.

I use Skrill for deposits/withdrawals. This way the government can't really track my income and net worth. Depositing/withdrawing with Skrill is also simpler and faster than the bank transfers. The Skrill card costs 10€/year and you can use it like a credit card to buy stuff at stores and so on. You can also send the money directly from Skrill to your bank account if you ever need to.

Overall, I prefer Skrill, but there are some rare sites that don't accept Skrill deposits, so it's good to have both options available.
ZKesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 02:53 PM   #311
mih26
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 10
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

Thanks for answer, now i made my bank account here in Slovenia, and i want to start to grind, thata why i take all my messeures to get back in real bussines.
I have skrill account, attached to my country card so i knows how works, but not having euro as a currencie i had big costs to use skrill, but now that you said i am going to see about their card.
And you are right, for ex. 365poker dosent accept skrill, so i used for now card, but like i said many times, my country had a draconic law about poker/bets and i want to be sure, cause i miss my old grinding job.
Hvala and srečno.
mih26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:00 PM   #312
ZKesic
old hand
 
ZKesic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,577
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mih26 View Post
And you are right, for ex. 365poker dosent accept skrill, so i used for now card, but like i said many times, my country had a draconic law about poker/bets and i want to be sure, cause i miss my old grinding job.
Hvala and srečno.
Once you deposit to 365poker with a credit card, it then lets you deposit with Skrill too. I don't know why this is, but you should be able to use Skrill on 365 from now on.

Yeah, the online poker laws are pretty good in Slovenia right now. Some poker sites are banned, though.

No problem and srečno
ZKesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 02:00 PM   #313
ZKesic
old hand
 
ZKesic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,577
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

December 2020:



Mix of 50nl and 20nl fast. I dislike playing cash tables as they feel quite slow and boring, which is why I keep coming back to fast. I'll keep mixing both for now.

Hands:
Spoiler:
ZKesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:00 PM   #314
ZKesic
old hand
 
ZKesic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,577
Overall graph

This is where we are right now:



I'll probably start taking some 100nl shots in 2021.

Enjoy the new year, guys!
ZKesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:08 PM   #315
TRUSTtheDRAWCESS
old hand
 
TRUSTtheDRAWCESS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: In the streets
Posts: 1,721
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

Sick graph man! Unreal that you are winning playing that short and aggressive!
TRUSTtheDRAWCESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:51 PM   #316
XtraScratch8
veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,828
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

I remember trying to explain that concept you mentioned studying above to someone who I thought was a thinking player, but in relation to pairs.
As in, if player A has a pair, then player B is more likely to have a pair, and if player B has a pair, then player C is more likely to have a pair, with the likelihood increasing more and more as multiple players have pairs.
He looked at me like I was batshit crazy (not suggesting that is incorrect necessarily).
XtraScratch8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 02:00 AM   #317
ZKesic
old hand
 
ZKesic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,577
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUSTtheDRAWCESS View Post
Sick graph man! Unreal that you are winning playing that short and aggressive!
Thanks. You are actually supposed to be more agressive in these spots when short. Most regs don't understand that, which is why I prefer to SS vs them - they make more mistakes than 100bb deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraScratch8 View Post
I remember trying to explain that concept you mentioned studying above to someone who I thought was a thinking player, but in relation to pairs.
Yeah, if for example two players have AA and two players KK it's a bit more likely that you'll get a pocket pair too (There's ~7% chance instead of the normal ~5.9%).

This doesn't really have an impact on one's strategy, though.

Last edited by ZKesic; 12-30-2020 at 02:06 AM.
ZKesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 12:19 PM   #318
snowie963
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,285
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

nice work
snowie963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:21 PM   #319
Everest17
veteran
 
Everest17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: @beyondtilt
Posts: 3,217
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

So consistent that’s a pretty graph keep it up and start shot taking!
Everest17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 11:36 AM   #320
Vai123
grinder
 
Vai123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ua
Posts: 483
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

nice graph man keep on ,you are crushing cash games
Vai123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 09:00 PM   #321
ZKesic
old hand
 
ZKesic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,577
Update

January 2021:



Bankroll is at 35.5k

I played only 20z this month as I'm able to get ~15% extra RB here, which is nice. There are 3 regs in the pool, though, that play 16+ hours/day every single day of the month. I have almost as many hands on one of them this month as on myself, lol. Not 100% if they're bots or not.

Here are some fun hands from the last few sessions:

Spoiler:
ZKesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 03:54 PM   #322
Vai123
grinder
 
Vai123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ua
Posts: 483
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

nice graph man, keep on going, cash games are nice
Vai123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:01 AM   #323
takeitAll
centurion
 
takeitAll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 148
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

Samo tiščat . Maš skype? PM..
takeitAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:47 PM   #324
Shiiitplayer86
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 45
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKesic View Post
I actually agree with you, whitemares. Playing deep at micros is probably optimal EV-wise if fish are deep. However, I don't really think that the difference is all that big (I've been making 8bb/100 for the last 1.5mil hands while short stacking, afterall) and for me personally, lowering the variance and increasing the volume is more important. Whenever I hit a big downswing I start feeling stressesed, start doubting myself, take pause from playing and even move down in stakes, so even if my win rate is a bit lower when I short stack, I'm probably actually making more money this way.

Btw, if anyone is interested, I studied with my DB a bit to figure out how much of an effect blockers of the folded hands have preflop.

I compared how often we get different hands in different situations. For example, this is for unopened pot when we're on the BTN/SB in 4-5max:



You can see that, for example, when the action is folded to us on the button, we actually get AK around 10% more often than 32. The difference is actually pretty noticable. For SB in 6max the difference gets even higher, to around 20%.

This means, for example, that if someone opens both 32s and AKs at a 100% frequency from the SB, he actually has AKs 20% more often.

This is something that most regs probably don't consider when making their solver sims. As an example I can give you some SB open/limp ranges that I made a while back:

Open:


Limp:


You can see that I have AA and AK in my range 115% of the time, which at first glance seems odd, but is probably more accurate than having the same amount of AKs hands in our range as T9s.

This is the number of combos we get when there's one raiser in front of us:



Here it's as expected the other way around. For example, when CO opens, we will get 32s around 10% more often than AKs.

I hope some of you found this interesting.



Really interesting!! Can i ask, what software/solver do you use?
Shiiitplayer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 04:00 PM   #325
ZKesic
old hand
 
ZKesic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 1,577
Re: $100.000 profit at 20nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai123 View Post
nice graph man, keep on going, cash games are nice
Thanks. I worked hard on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeitAll View Post
Samo tiščat . Maš skype? PM..
I PM'd you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiiitplayer86 View Post
Really interesting!! Can i ask, what software/solver do you use?
I use a lot of different software for poker. When it comes to studying, I've mainly used equilab + my own EV Calculate Excel Sheet to make my own ranges. The most important thing is to think about poker spots a lot during the day (in depth). I've also used solvers over the years (mainly to figure out the optimal flop sizings). The best one I'd say is PIO. You have to know how to use it correctly, though, or you might hurt your game more than help it. Most of the profit in poker comes from exploiting players afterall and you can't really learn that with solvers.
ZKesic is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive