Two Plus Two Poker Forums

Two Plus Two Poker Forums (https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/)
-   Poker Goals & Challenges (https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/poker-goals-amp-challenges/)
-   -   10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!) (https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/poker-goals-amp-challenges/10-000th-post-sne-2012-jdawg91-style-more-1117674/)

jdawg91 11-09-2011 09:59 PM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FTSITTTD (Post 29747099)
^^ lol :heart: :heart:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BinkScoresLDO (Post 29748119)
LOL epic avatar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattDaBeast (Post 29748639)
That avatar makes damn sure they're never shoving on you light! :)

You gonna shove 58o BvB versus that avatar?! Nope!

Hahaha thx guys, yea the avatar was a funny idea, and I used it for a really long time, but I don't think it's a +ev one to sport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by starting gun (Post 29748681)
I still would until he puts his $$ where his avatar is :p

Lol sfobv this ^ I think I just ended up getting people to spite me back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamTrousers (Post 29748901)
So anyway, partially inspired by this thread, and partially because I had a few spare minutes, I just had a go at a few of these 6max hypers at the $1.50s. They're good fun for a few minutes (is 45% ROI sustainable? :rolleyes:) but a whole year of them? That's gonna be an epic grind.

Haha n1 TT, inb4 45% is sustainable at $1s cuz of the bad play :D. And yea, people don't realize just how hard the SNE grind is, day in and day out. That's why there's so few SNE's every year. Should be a pretty sick sweat, I was banking on being able to play more tables at once, kinda upsetting that I'm stuck at like 14-15 so far, but I have a couple of months to get better at it!

________________________________________

Okay so just woke up from a quick nap, and I'm ready for my first "real" session I'm hoping! After putting in about 27 hrs of studying the last 3 days (yea, 9 hrs a day, not joking), I'm going to start building up the volume and building up the stamina to play long sessions of these games.

Starting VPP (when I got to Mexico): 27,779.11
VPP amassed since returning: 2571.38
Goal for today's session: 2740+ (SNE pace is 2740 avg per day not accounting for days off)

leggo!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hQgadG27_J...r+Nani+-2.jpeg
http://www.outofaces.com/wp-content/...ger-Rose-5.jpg
http://www.brobible.com/files/images...er_rose_04.jpg

jlevu 11-09-2011 10:21 PM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
How do you study josh? Do you just put different scenarios into an ICM program and think about it?

jdawg91 11-09-2011 10:42 PM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
Unreal, PS lagging so bad I cant even play right now. It's not my internet either, it's been working perfectly fine while I've been lagging/DC'd from PS.

Just unreal though, anyone else having problems?

@jlevu: Ya i just study hands ive marked for the most part + go through complete hh files with uni replayer

Ice_W0lf 11-09-2011 10:43 PM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
in b4 you move back to lock

JD Klinkz 11-09-2011 10:45 PM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdawg91 (Post 29752215)
Unreal, PS lagging so bad I cant even play right now. It's not my internet either, it's been working perfectly fine while I've been lagging/DC'd from PS.

Just unreal though, anyone else having problems?

@jlevu: Ya i just study hands ive marked for the most part + go through complete hh files with uni replayer

I just finished a session and it was working fine for me. Maybe it's the server you connect to in Mexico.

demetri1978 11-09-2011 10:58 PM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
Welcome back .................

jdawg91 11-10-2011 12:26 AM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice_W0lf (Post 29752239)
in b4 you move back to lock

lol nou :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD Klinkz (Post 29752260)
I just finished a session and it was working fine for me. Maybe it's the server you connect to in Mexico.

Not sure, I just tried playing again and it was lagging pretty badly, had to quit loading. While PS was frozen, i was sitting on the internet (2p2, youtube etc) and it was working perfectly while PS was sitting there DC'd, so it's gotta be something with the ISP not speaking to PS correctly tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by demetri1978 (Post 29752440)
Welcome back .................

Ty sir, liked that fairly long HU battle we had earlier, was pretty fun!

_____________________________________

Attempted to start loading again but the lag was too much. Gonna just chill for the next couple hours and then try to play again. I'm not really worried about it as the first week here we haven't had any problems since upgrading the internet, just kinda annoying this **** happens my first "real" night on the grind. Oh well.

Updated SS graph

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2738/69455916.png

BinkScoresLDO 11-10-2011 01:07 AM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
9 hours of stuyding wow. When you say you go through hhs uve marked through Unir what exactly do you do? Do you just think about them to your self, or talk with other ppl? I find just going through my hhs, doesn't help me learn that much as I don't know what if what im doing is correct, how can you really improve that way?

also, gogogooggo sne by 20112 EZ GAME.

jdawg91 11-10-2011 08:33 AM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BinkScoresLDO (Post 29754689)
9 hours of stuyding wow. When you say you go through hhs uve marked through Unir what exactly do you do? Do you just think about them to your self, or talk with other ppl? I find just going through my hhs, doesn't help me learn that much as I don't know what if what im doing is correct, how can you really improve that way?

also, gogogooggo sne by 20112 EZ GAME.

I only talk strat with a very few number of people, right now mostly with my roommate. I mostly look at hands myself because I have a pretty good understanding of these games, and that's why I dont talk strat with others much, I don't like giving out free info :).

__________________________________________

Alright so got in some decent volume today and also got in about another 2 hrs of study, gonna call it a night and go to bed earlier than normal as I'm super tired atm. My normal schedule is going to look something like this....

7pm: wake up
9pm-1am: first sesh
1am-2am: break
2am-5am: 2nd sesh
5am-6am: break
6am-8am: 3rd sesh (or cut this on my half days)
8am-10am: relax
10am: bed


Anyway, here's a recap of the session I just played, only played about 6 hours as I'm pretty damn tired right now from only getting a short nap in the afternoon to start myself on the new schedule

Starting VPP: 30350.49
VPP gained: 2830.60
Total VPP: 33181.09



http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3805/32030457.png

Goal for tomorrow will be 3k+ vpp

Mecastyles 11-10-2011 08:41 AM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
bad roi....

ONLYRAISEAA 11-10-2011 08:43 AM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecastyles (Post 29758204)
bad roi....

this, wtf josh you should know when to quit.

obv. stop playing @game 400, it's like in the casino - just have to know when to stop. all gambling

yorkies knob 11-10-2011 08:44 AM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
Wow great thread, all the best with this. Going to sub to this and looking forward to following it.

gl gl gl gl

elitejaso 11-10-2011 08:51 AM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
Subscribed
Gl man

TeamTrousers 11-10-2011 09:03 AM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdawg91 (Post 29758139)
My normal schedule is going to look something like this....

7pm: wake up
9pm-1am: first sesh
1am-2am: break
2am-5am: 2nd sesh
5am-6am: break
6am-8am: 3rd sesh (or cut this on my half days)
8am-10am: relax
10am: bed

Seriously? I think this is gonna be pretty unhealthy if you try to keep it up. Going nocturnal once in a while is not too bad, but sustaining it for a long time is definitely not ideal. Why choose this schedule? Are the games really going to be that different that it's worth pretty much never seeing daylight? Think beyond poker and think about the bigger picture imo.

jdawg91 11-10-2011 09:05 AM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamTrousers (Post 29758371)
Seriously? I think this is gonna be pretty unhealthy if you try to keep it up. Going nocturnal once in a while is not too bad, but sustaining it for a long time is definitely not ideal. Why choose this schedule? Are the games really going to be that different that it's worth pretty much never seeing daylight? Think beyond poker and think about the bigger picture imo.

Did this sched in Vegas and part of the time while I lived at home and I loved it. Wake up at an early enough time to go out and do **** IRL if I want and still have time to get in the games.

It's only unhealthy if you make yourself think it's unhealthy.

The OG 11-10-2011 10:37 AM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
Jdawg -- quick hem question...

How do you mark hands in HEM on Merge while in MINI-MODE?

Disorienter 11-10-2011 10:48 AM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
I agree with Trousers, you can permanently shift your circadian rhythm (body clock). Your body stops producing melatonin like in regular people and therefore you will start having trouble falling asleep at night and suffer from excessive dailytime sleepiness for the rest of your life. Also lack of sun light is proven to cause depressions. This means you'll have to be a night owl your whole life. Grinding hypers are depressing enough as it is with all the variance, so get that sun light boy!

If you still think its worth to play night time, just dismiss my input.

Good Luck

Mecastyles 11-10-2011 11:29 AM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
lol

stop thinking about rhythms

why sleep at all, he is j_dawgggggggggggggg the breakeven badass broke busto

yougotG0T 11-10-2011 01:25 PM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
who the hell sleeps 9 hours a night lol? other than toddlers and 80 year olds, that is

viktor shroom 11-10-2011 01:32 PM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
herooooooooooooooooooo

yougotG0T 11-10-2011 01:32 PM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
"why sleep at all, he is j_dawgggggggggggggg the breakeven badass broke busto"

i think he played 30-40k games on Merge of slightly better than break-even poker. you're being sarcastic, but he is essentially a rakeback grinder. not meant to be derogatory because ROI isn't what's important; winrate is.

Mecastyles 11-10-2011 01:41 PM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
in this day and age its stupid to look at profits or roi's without rakeback brah... its not 2007 anymore

yougotG0T 11-10-2011 02:09 PM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
there are actually players beating the games before rakeback, chief.

im not trivialising what he's doing -though it may seem that way - his work ethic is good and hourly is all that matters but it takes a special kind of person to basically do nothing but play poker and COD all day.

BinkScoresLDO 11-10-2011 02:11 PM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
wtf jdawg do a normal session. Wake up early and grind. AMERICANS ARE GONE BRO, NEED TO ADJUST TO LOLEUROTIME.

IamPro 11-10-2011 02:14 PM

Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yougotG0T (Post 29762090)
there are actually players beating the games before rakeback, chief.

im not trivialising what he's doing -though it may seem that way - his work ethic is good and hourly is all that matters but it takes a special kind of person to basically do nothing but play poker and COD all day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yougotG0T (Post 29761611)
"why sleep at all, he is j_dawgggggggggggggg the breakeven badass broke busto"

i think he played 30-40k games on Merge of slightly better than break-even poker. you're being sarcastic, but he is essentially a rakeback grinder. not meant to be derogatory because ROI isn't what's important; winrate is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yougotG0T (Post 29761509)
who the hell sleeps 9 hours a night lol? other than toddlers and 80 year olds, that is



http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/...o_gold_gif.gif




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive