Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Blogs and Goals Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 03:19 AM   #326
atennisplayah
grinder
 
atennisplayah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: played it like a set!
Posts: 432
Re: Zero to Hero. My quest to become a solid person/player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oNste View Post
Ohh yeah, if there are any Melbourne 2+2ers who are keen to come get food sometime on the 8th, hit me up. We will be in crown so probably Asian.
yeahhhh im down son! Indeed I did go to the US of A and arrived back before last month in the lead up to uni exams which I smashed for the most part. Ive been trying to hit gym etc and been gaming/forum posting/working on poker game much less whilst working and doing other ****.

Ill PM you my mobile and skype you in the lead up to the 8th so we can meet up @ crown or wherever if thats where you you will be!
atennisplayah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:02 AM   #327
oNste
veteran
 
oNste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia.
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisplayah View Post
yeahhhh im down son! Indeed I did go to the US of A and arrived back before last month in the lead up to uni exams which I smashed for the most part. Ive been trying to hit gym etc and been gaming/forum posting/working on poker game much less whilst working and doing other ****.

Ill PM you my mobile and skype you in the lead up to the 8th so we can meet up @ crown or wherever if thats where you you will be!
Very nice, how was the trip? Play any poker? I'm heading over there in may

Yeah I'm trying to work out more as well mate, trying to evenly balance everything at the moment.

Yeah dude shoot me a PM mate no issues.
oNste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #328
Neuroscience
centurion
 
Neuroscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 121
Re: Zero to Hero. My quest to become a solid person/player.

Why would you buy hitman, unless it's for ps3/xbox. Download that shiett
Neuroscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #329
oNste
veteran
 
oNste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia.
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuroscience View Post
Why would you buy hitman, unless it's for ps3/xbox. Download that shiett
Because I'd rather fist myself than download 35GB.
oNste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #330
Thalo
centurion
 
Thalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 172
Re: Zero to Hero. My quest to become a solid person/player.

Just caught up on your thread man, reminds me of myself haha.

Haven't played online in a while now, I finished work and was doing nothing for ~3 months but playing micro stakes poker. Start with zoom, then moved to 45/90 man turbo SNGs + micro MTT, was crushing them till I had a sick 2 week ~1000 game 100BI downswing, then tried my hand at the 6 max hypers haha.

Now I'm going back to Uni next year and working pretty much full time again, playing SNGs isn't really viable due to being on the west coast and peak time starting at like 1am till 7am. I know I'm a better SNG/MTT player and love to load 20 games and mass table blasting tunes or listening to Joe Rogan podcasts lol, just wish I could with real life commitments aka work/uni. If I was good enough to live off poker I could, but quite at that level haha.

What's your plans for 2013, learn the 6m hypers? Any volume goals?
Thalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #331
oNste
veteran
 
oNste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia.
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalo View Post
Just caught up on your thread man, reminds me of myself haha.

Haven't played online in a while now, I finished work and was doing nothing for ~3 months but playing micro stakes poker. Start with zoom, then moved to 45/90 man turbo SNGs + micro MTT, was crushing them till I had a sick 2 week ~1000 game 100BI downswing, then tried my hand at the 6 max hypers haha.

Now I'm going back to Uni next year and working pretty much full time again, playing SNGs isn't really viable due to being on the west coast and peak time starting at like 1am till 7am. I know I'm a better SNG/MTT player and love to load 20 games and mass table blasting tunes or listening to Joe Rogan podcasts lol, just wish I could with real life commitments aka work/uni. If I was good enough to live off poker I could, but quite at that level haha.

What's your plans for 2013, learn the 6m hypers? Any volume goals?
Hahaha nice! Come Melbourne sometime and we will party.

Yeah I get you man, I had a little break middle of the year: but yeah I'm so confused about my game at the
Moment. I don't know what I want to ****ing play.

To be honest mate I'm not sure, I'll Be picking a game type before NY and then locking out all other types, I can't stick to a game type by myself: I'm thinking it could very well end up being cash though
oNste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #332
Thalo
centurion
 
Thalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 172
Re: Zero to Hero. My quest to become a solid person/player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oNste View Post
Hahaha nice! Come Melbourne sometime and we will party.

Yeah I get you man, I had a little break middle of the year: but yeah I'm so confused about my game at the
Moment. I don't know what I want to ****ing play.

To be honest mate I'm not sure, I'll Be picking a game type before NY and then locking out all other types, I can't stick to a game type by myself: I'm thinking it could very well end up being cash though
If I'm ever over we will get on it don't worry haha.

Played my first online poker for a long time just then, was only about 500 hands of 6 max 2NL finetune'ing hud, but looking forward to getting in some volume now haha.
Thalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #333
oNste
veteran
 
oNste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia.
Posts: 2,155
Re: Zero to Hero. My quest to become a solid person/player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalo View Post
If I'm ever over we will get on it don't worry haha.

Played my first online poker for a long time just then, was only about 500 hands of 6 max 2NL finetune'ing hud, but looking forward to getting in some volume now haha.
Good man!

Yeah nice nice, move upto 5nl mate, 2nl is ****ing ******ed.
oNste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #334
oNste
veteran
 
oNste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia.
Posts: 2,155
Ok, been ages since I updated sorry guys, felt somewhat disheartened due to results.

Anyway, I switched to cash (lolchangingitallthetime) at the 5nl level and start playing with a 5 BI upswing. Followed by dropping half my BR. I have now grinded it back to $88 and it will be getting Upto the next level, or I'll die trying haha.

I wanna get 10nl by NYE, so $300 in my BR, and I finish for my holidays from work tomorrow (the 19th) and go back on the 7th of Jan. So, even of I said 10nl by then, I'd be happy. Will be setting some volume goals over the 2.5 weeks I have off, as well as fitness goals.

I also now have a gorgeous girlfriend, Arx saw photos and can attest that she is quite good looking. She is pretty much exactly like me, except female and more attractive. Lol

Will post giraffes when I get home and I've started posting more hands in the micros forums.

Gl everyone
oNste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #335
Arxontas
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 614
Re: Zero to Hero. My quest to become a solid person/player.

I would like to thank you for taking me out when I came to melb. Pretty awesome place you live in.

I wish you the best with cash, (not wishing good luck because it hard work that will get you to the top)

Just dont run as **** as the time i saw you play, even phil ivey would tilt over that.

Ye she is pretty good, dont **** it up!
Arxontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #336
ExpectedV
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ExpectedV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rebuilding body..
Posts: 13,983
stop switching game types u wh0re lol
ExpectedV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #337
oNste
veteran
 
oNste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia.
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxontas View Post
I would like to thank you for taking me out when I came to melb. Pretty awesome place you live in.

I wish you the best with cash, (not wishing good luck because it hard work that will get you to the top)

Just dont run as **** as the time i saw you play, even phil ivey would tilt over that.

Ye she is pretty good, dont **** it up!
No issues dude! Cheers for coming down, that was a loose weekend hahaha.

Yeah cheers dude, I'll try not too run bad!

Spent the night with her in crown last night, was great
oNste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #338
oNste
veteran
 
oNste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia.
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedV View Post
stop switching game types u wh0re lol
Fak u rasul
oNste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #339
Thalo
centurion
 
Thalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 172
Re: Zero to Hero. My quest to become a solid person/player.

Crushing 10NL yet cob?
Thalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #340
oNste
veteran
 
oNste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia.
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalo View Post
Crushing 10NL yet cob?
Not even close. Considering quitting tbh.
oNste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 AM   #341
oNste
veteran
 
oNste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia.
Posts: 2,155
Re: Zero to Hero. My quest to become a solid person/player.

I've decided that although I'm improving, I'm just continuously falling back into old habits. And it's not good when I really do want to succeed, I can't work out if I'm just always gonna be a losing player or if I actually have what it takes to be a winner. I get the feeling that when I win like 5BI or something, and then drop it back next 2 sessions, I wonder if I was just running good during those 5BI or what.

I think my only way to do this is by starting at the very bottom of the rungs, so 2nl. With 30BI.


My plan is as follows:

Beat 2nl and get myself to 5nl by 100k hands. And If not, I quit online poker.

I think I can beat live poker, but the two are hugely different, so although I might be able to beat one, it doesn't mean I can beat the other.

I will only be depositing once.

I will be posting in this thread with progress everyday I play.

I will be attempting to play daily. ( I am working atm and it's hard because of the type of work).



Once I get to 5nl, I will then set proper long term goals, but as far as it goes, I;m just going for the 5nl target.



So, to sum it up:

2nl -5nl in 100k hands or I quit online poker.

That's $60-$150.




Cheers guys, depositing today. Will report back.
oNste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:03 AM   #342
oNste
veteran
 
oNste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia.
Posts: 2,155
Re: Zero to Hero. My quest to become a solid person/player.

Day 1:

Didn't feel like I played too badly, just ran bad in one or two spots. Made some good folds and calls. And some bad calls haha.

BR: $56.47
oNste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:06 AM   #343
ExpectedV
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ExpectedV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rebuilding body..
Posts: 13,983
Re: Zero to Hero. My quest to become a solid person/player.

in 100k hands you should be up to 200$+ easily.. no biggie
glgl
ExpectedV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #344
Thalo
centurion
 
Thalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 172
Re: Zero to Hero. My quest to become a solid person/player.

glgl

should smash 2NL, so many fish mang. Just vbet to high heaven and dont barrel. I did the same at 5nl, now at 10nl working my way up, should see you there soon.
Thalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #345
Arxontas
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 614
Re: Zero to Hero. My quest to become a solid person/player.

gl, there is no reason you cant succeed at the goal. just give it your best and persevere
Arxontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #346
oNste
veteran
 
oNste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia.
Posts: 2,155
Yoyo.

So, I was playing 2nl, not doing well at all. I don't ****ing know what it is about 2nl. Anyway, next minute MTTs.

And I'm down to $10 in my account. Hopped onto 5nl two tabling and played nothing but ABC. After like 1.6k hands I have $40 in my account and I'm just gonna grind it out at 5nl.

Was talking with a dude last night, a full time MS MTT grinder, and we were looking at a stake until I beat 25nl. Which would be rad.
oNste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #347
ExpectedV
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ExpectedV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rebuilding body..
Posts: 13,983
Re: Zero to Hero. My quest to become a solid person/player.

how many tables u playin at 2nl?
gl
ExpectedV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #348
oNste
veteran
 
oNste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia.
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedV View Post
how many tables u playin at 2nl?
gl
5nl now with a limited BR.

And I'm 4 tabling ATM, focusing more on thought process.
oNste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #349
ExpectedV
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ExpectedV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rebuilding body..
Posts: 13,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by oNste View Post
5nl now with a limited BR.

And I'm 4 tabling ATM, focusing more on thought process.
why not play 2nl with more tables?
ExpectedV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #350
oNste
veteran
 
oNste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia.
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedV View Post
why not play 2nl with more tables?
Realised that I don't have correct thought process/skill enough to correctly multitasks more than 4.
oNste is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive