Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Win all the gold and move to Malta Win all the gold and move to Malta

01-02-2013 , 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAAnt JC
Hey man. In, subbed following etc. Gl sir, think we've played quite a bit together. What's your abi then if you're hoping to get Supernova over 12k games?
Hey man, thanks for following. Yeah, I think I saw you a few times on the tables already

My ABI last month was $12 (MTTs + 180s) but I hope it will be more like $20 (at least) this year. 9k games at a $20 ABI are good enough for Supernova.

But I am the first to admit that SN will be a bit of a push for me this year and that I will be behind pace most of the time. However for me is SN this year just the icing on the cake so I will not sweat it too much. If I have by the end of the year a reasonable chance to make it I will push myself hard to make it and if not I will not lose too much sleep about it.
01-02-2013 , 04:38 PM
Good luck with this ^.^
01-02-2013 , 04:39 PM
tyty, lets catch up on Skyoe someday if you want. GL to you as well in 2013!
01-03-2013 , 03:38 PM
Day 3

I took yesterday off from grinding to do some uni **** and after that I watched training vids for 3 hours.

Today I was ready to play a nice session and it started pretty solid with a binkage in a 2/180 but shortly after that I got 2nd in a 8/180 in a complete ******ed fashion (AJ<KT, AA<A3 on T3x in a 3b pot) so I decided to rage unreg everything and just load some more 2/180s instead

Turned out that this wasnt my worst choice as I got 4th, 5th and 9th in them to make it a decent day overall even I finished my day with a 62/946 in the 5 3k [1,000 cap] after AA<AT for the lols.

90 / 1k games
160 / 7.5k VPPs
3 / 42 hours theory
01-03-2013 , 03:51 PM
GL bro, following
01-03-2013 , 05:58 PM
ty, I appreciate it! GL to you, too!
01-04-2013 , 06:12 PM
Day 4

Today was a pretty gruelling day tbh. About 6 hours into my session I was already stop regging after a lol bad run in the 180s and those softer off peak MTTs on Stars and I was just one tabling the Hot 4.4 anyway.

Then one of backers asked me to reg some more so I did on FTP, 888 and Party.

Long story short, I finished 4th in the $22 3k GTD on Party for $355 after I was 1/5 (1k for first). Pretty disapointed about that one and I will go over the HH with one of my backers to see what went wrong there. In my last game for the day I FTed the 3r 5k GTD on 888 and finished 3rd in that one for $426 (1.4k for first) at a mega fishy table but I was pretty short all the time and couldnt rly build a stack to run over those mega droolers.

So overall I made about $200 profit for today which isnt too bad given the fact I was down about $700 at one point into my seeion. But at the same time it feels kinda ****ty because just one bink in of those two MTTs would have cut down my MU by lot. Just feels like I have plague with not being able to close out just one FT.

Anyway, other noticeable runs today:


Stars:
67 / 1991 Big 16.50

Party:
16 / 262 $11 6max 2k
28 / 357 $22 6k

888:
12 / 134 $24 2k (AK<T7, then 76o into A9)


monthly progress:

154 / 1k games
322 / 7.5k VPPs
3 / 42 hours theory

I have to take tomorrow from poker because uni starts here again on Monday and I have to do ****. Lucky enough only 5 more weeks of that and then I have 6 weeks break
01-06-2013 , 06:05 AM
gla today, it is #SundayFunday and Mini-FTOPs starts as well #wesoexcited

Time to win all the gold today
01-06-2013 , 08:12 PM
Update #5

OK, I am done with the gruelling grind #SundayFunday are after around 14.5 hrs.

I had a half day saver in my very last game when I chip chop the 8 [500 Cap, 3k]. That one was a pretty funny ride tbh because I got ITM sup short and all of the sudden I am 1/20, then 3/12 only to loose KK vs TT (T on the river) for heaps so I cam to the FT 8/8. I grinded the short stack as best as I could to get 1/5, then 1/3 only to loose AK vs AA vs the second in chips but we busted the shorty and I started the HU at around a 1:3 disadvantage. I doubled up with J8s vs A9o to get to a 1:1.5 disadvantage and agreed to chop it.



Overall I am still down ~$230 for the day because of mega bad run across all sites.

Other noticeable runs today:


Stars:
53 / 1000 $5 [1k Cap, 3k]
33 / 1000 $4 [8-max, 1k Cap, 2k]
7th in a 3r 180

888:
9 / 123 $11 1k (AK<JT, KQ<33)
14 / 135 1k ROLLER COASTER (A9<88, Q6<K6 on 665tt limped pot)

Party:
35 / 427 $5 1.5 (TT<AQ)

Intertops:
8 / 55 with 7 paid AQ<TT


Anyway, I will post a MTD graph tomorrow because everyone loves graphs right?
01-07-2013 , 09:39 AM
Update #6: Week 1

One thing I forgot to mention is my disappointment that the Double Deuce didnt run yesterday and I am overall not really happy how Stars runs FTP 2.0 in regards of MTTs.

Anyway, it is time to have a look at the past week. First of all the graph:




I am pretty happy with my volume given the fact last week was NYE and I had two days off as well. As for results I am somewhat satisfied but it could be obv always better right I think I am lacking a bit effort in regards of studying theory atm but oh well. Obv I am already a fair chunk behind SN pace but that was expected.


monthly progress:

210 / 1k games
441 / 7.5k VPPs
3 / 42 hours theory


As it is the first full week in 2013 I will set some weekly goals because it is always better to break down goals into smaller subgoals. For this week I am setting my goals are bit on the nittier side because I have an important presentation next Monday and so far I did not nothing for it lol.

weekly goals:

[ ] 200 games
[ ] 6 hours theory

No VPPs goal because the amount of VPPs I can earn this week depends so much if I have enough time to grind out some MTTs sessions (which means more volume on other sites) or if I am just able to put in some 180s sessions here and there.

Ok, thats all for now. Thank you for reading.
01-07-2013 , 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready 2 win
One thing I forgot to mention is my disappointment that the Double Deuce didnt run yesterday
i think they didnt run it cuz of miniftops event that was running, didnt looked into it but thats what i heard in some skype chat
01-07-2013 , 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stefanello
i think they didnt run it cuz of miniftops event that was running, didnt looked into it but thats what i heard in some skype chat
Yeah, I know that this was prolly the reason but I dont agree with it by any means. The fact they think FTP cant handle two $22 3x MET on a Sunday shows that there is something broken in regards of traffic / schedule (which sucks for Euros) imo. On top of that I think the satty schedule (at least for even 1) rly sucked with most of the offered MTT sats being super turbos.

Last edited by ready 2 win; 01-07-2013 at 10:17 AM.
01-14-2013 , 07:45 AM
Update #7: Week 2

Sorry for the lacks of updates in the last week but there was nothing rly interesting to post about.

My graph for last week:



So my volume is under the 200 games I set myself as my weekly goal which sucks a bit but there are a few reasons for that. First of all I had not that much time to grind last week, and when I had time I was not rly fit healthwise and/or or I had some weird issues with my PT4.

I also met on a Friday a fellow grinder from Canada for a few drinks and with no suprise I had to take Saturday off from poker

Yesterday was a poker free day for me as well but it was a planned one because of the presentation I had today at uni. Just sucks that I finished the presentation in time only to be rly sick today so I had to report sick

Anyway, at least I am happy with the amount of theory work I put in last week which is about 7.5 hours so more than the 6 hrs I set myself as my second weekly goal

On a side note I played a few 45s in my last two sessions and I must say that I find the format pretty interesting and that I am maybe playing them a bit more in the future.

Anyway, before I come to my goals for this week some random brag




Goals for this week:

[ ] 350 games
[ ] 10 hours theory

gla this week and thanks for reading!
01-14-2013 , 09:57 AM
cya here
01-14-2013 , 01:28 PM
Good luck! I'm subbed I love mtt threads
01-14-2013 , 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBartos
cya here
tyty, where in Malta do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaBellum7
Good luck! I'm subbed I love mtt threads
ty for subbing, I appreciate it


-------------------------------------------

Update #8

Just a small update bc I had my first winning session in 45s

I cant complain too much I guess but like always it could have been better with "just" 1x 1st in 3.5, 1x 2nd in 15 (after 5.5:1 CL), 2x 2nd in 7s, and 3x 4th (two of them in 7s). On top of that I had 2x 8th and 3x 9th (lucky enough 4 out of those 5 were in 3.5s lol).

Anyway, I think my play is improving a bit in 45s already but I will go a ton of hands from today to see where I can improve any further.

weekly progress:

51 / 350 games
0 / 10 hours theory
01-14-2013 , 06:26 PM
when moving to malta, make sure you do all this:


get an " Ordinary Residence Permit" (req to stay there)
tell your local government your going to live on malta
unregister your car in germany (if you have one)
get your pokerstars location changed (by sending a copy of your foreigner ID
shipping properties to malta (www.dhl.de)
get insurance (call your current insurance company, they can help you)
getting a place to stay ( www.dhalia.com is a good real estate)
getting a bank account (you can get this at a local bank)
getting from airport to place ur staying (you can rent a car at http://www.easyterra.com/)
-getting an maltese phone number (can be bought at lil sigar stores etc)
- get a foreigner ID - can be asked for at the local governement building, its free i believe, you can get it one week after getting a letter home, required for changing PS, registering at local gym etc.
- get a tax accountant
- fix a EU residence permit, your tax accountant can help ya


GL
01-14-2013 , 07:19 PM
Wow, thank you very much for all the info but do I rly need an "Ordinary Residence Permit" when I am German?
01-14-2013 , 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready 2 win
Wow, thank you very much for all the info but do I rly need an "Ordinary Residence Permit" when I am German?
Dutchies do, so i think the Same applies to germans
01-14-2013 , 09:21 PM
GL, about to hopefully start playing the 2.5 180s myself. I am also living in germany though, out of curiosity why do you say the poker climate in germany is uncertain?
01-15-2013 , 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFoldICM
Dutchies do, so i think the Same applies to germans
Ah okay, I thought within the EU you dont need such thing but I guess it is also for tax purposes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl
GL, about to hopefully start playing the 2.5 180s myself. I am also living in germany though, out of curiosity why do you say the poker climate in germany is uncertain?
Online poker here is not legal for over 6 months now and I think it is prolly just a matter of time until the different states will make a move to push through that prohibtion.

Yeah sure, Schleswing-Holstein legalized it (no free market tho) but that applies only for that state. I have some big hope that the BVG will pass sentence pro online poker in 9 days but I think the days when German players are allowed to play with the international player pool are limited and I dont want to grind in a segerated market like .fr, .it or .es tbh. On top of that there is the unclear tax situation here.

gl at the 2.5!
01-15-2013 , 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready 2 win
Ah okay, I thought within the EU you dont need such thing but I guess it is also for tax purposes?



Online poker here is not legal for over 6 months now and I think it is prolly just a matter of time until the different states will make a move to push through that prohibtion.

Yeah sure, Schleswing-Holstein legalized it (no free market tho) but that applies only for that state. I have some big hope that the BVG will pass sentence pro online poker in 9 days but I think the days when German players are allowed to play with the international player pool are limited and I dont want to grind in a segerated market like .fr, .it or .es tbh. On top of that there is the unclear tax situation here.

gl at the 2.5!
I mean there are tons of players on pokerstars f.ex labeled germany though? So its illegal but nobody cares, or its just illegal to set up an online gambling site located in germany or? Either way hopefully it will be ok for me for now =p My account is set to norway anyway so hopefully even should there be some form of ban i might be safe to keep on gridning for now.
01-15-2013 , 11:51 AM
Sorry, I didntt rly understand your question but setting your location to Norway when you play from Germany wouldnt help in that case.
01-17-2013 , 09:52 PM
Update #9

Pretty late here already so I guess I can also just make a quick update now.

Wednesday was kinda brutal when I mixed 7/15 45s and 8/15 180s in the morning and dropped about 50ABI. I took some nap and grinded some 2.5/180 and broke even in them. So pretty ****ty day but at least I got 150 games in.

Today (Thursday) wasnt that much fun, too. I set myself the goal to grind 200 2.5/180 and things looked pretty good when I shipped one of my first games but after that I dropped more or less 140BI straight down.

At the end of my session I had a legit shot at rubosting with 3 FT but I finished 4th (99 vs AJ vs T9 T on the river), another 4th (KQ vs A7, A on the river) and 6th (QQ<66). During that time span I also min cashed another 3 games with one 10th AJ<55 for CL.

I also played TCOOP event #1 and busted it after about 15 min lol.

Anyway, I have some action in the TCOOP going so even when I am not playing it I have hopefully some nice sweats lol.
01-20-2013 , 10:39 AM
OK, not a lot to report about the last two days. I had just a short session 2.5/180 session on Friday before I got some drinks with the Canadian grinder from last Friday. Needless to day I had to take yesterday off from poker after I cam home from at around 6:15 AM

And now it is #SundayFunday so lets win all the gold

      
m