Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Blogs and Goals Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #51
The Hashman
grinder
 
The Hashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 547
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietly Winning View Post
Taking Man U -300 vs anyone this season is debatable too.

Gl though, will follow
Maybe the odds were a little high to lay, but they should have won that game. Numerous chances went begging, including a penalty. I blame Van Gaal for putting Van Persie in the wrong spot on the pitch. It was a piss poor performance, which actually has not been the norm for them the last few months. They improved a lot over the course of the season. If they add a few pieces, they could challenge next year. However, I hope they don't improve too much during the offseason as I am a Chelsea supporter.
The Hashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:39 PM   #52
Quietly Winning
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 68
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hashman View Post
Maybe the odds were a little high to lay, but they should have won that game. Numerous chances went begging, including a penalty. I blame Van Gaal for putting Van Persie in the wrong spot on the pitch. It was a piss poor performance, which actually has not been the norm for them the last few months. They improved a lot over the course of the season. If they add a few pieces, they could challenge next year. However, I hope they don't improve too much during the offseason as I am a Chelsea supporter.
I don't actually remember what game your talking about. Tell me though and ill look at it.

I'm just saying taking Man U at -300 vs anyone this season or last is bad form.

I bet only Scottish and English football. Not one of those guys who claim to make a living off it, but I am up $ since I opened my Sky account 2 years ago.
Quietly Winning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:31 PM   #53
LivinOnSkill
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: @wynn sb ^^
Posts: 165
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

GG this is going to be epic !
LivinOnSkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:14 AM   #54
The Hashman
grinder
 
The Hashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 547
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietly Winning View Post
I don't actually remember what game your talking about. Tell me though and ill look at it.

I'm just saying taking Man U at -300 vs anyone this season or last is bad form.

I bet only Scottish and English football. Not one of those guys who claim to make a living off it, but I am up $ since I opened my Sky account 2 years ago.
It was West Brom, and laying -300 on Man U at home has been money the last few months. Not sure if you have watched them much recently, but they are much better than they were at the start of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinOnSkill View Post
GG this is going to be epic !
Thanks!

No time for poker yesterday, and I might be too busy the next few days to play.

SB: +2.50

BR: 53.65

Royals -108

Risk 2.16 to win 2.00
The Hashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:03 PM   #55
Everest17
veteran
 
Everest17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: @beyondtilt
Posts: 3,217
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

concerning Man United, that's the club I support and even though I think they should have won, I would not have juiced it at -300, just some insight

keep going man I enjoy following this
Everest17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:59 AM   #56
The Hashman
grinder
 
The Hashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 547
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

SB: +2.00

BR: 55.65

Cavs +105

Risk 3.00 to win 3.15
The Hashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:32 AM   #57
The Hashman
grinder
 
The Hashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 547
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

SB: -3.00

BR: 52.65

Dodgers -1.5 -115

Risk 2.30 to win 2.00

Grizzlies +4.5 -115

Risk 2.30 to win 2.00
The Hashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:20 PM   #58
Mr Blonde
Pooh-Bah
 
Mr Blonde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,723
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

-115 is the same as 20/23 right?

Cool thread I do similar for bigger sums but I'm in no way massively skilled as a sports bettor, will be following
Mr Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:24 PM   #59
gary locksmith
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: pittsburgh pa/las vegas
Posts: 248
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

gonna be very hard playing micro poker 1 table at a time ,play MTT and sit @ go's instead and bet in game , youll get way better numbers , use rolling if wagers take shots on multi sport parleys before you know it ,you can add a zero or 2 to those 3$ bets and your off! good luck!
gary locksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:57 AM   #60
The Hashman
grinder
 
The Hashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 547
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blonde View Post
-115 is the same as 20/23 right?

Cool thread I do similar for bigger sums but I'm in no way massively skilled as a sports bettor, will be following
Yes, that is the same.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gary locksmith View Post
gonna be very hard playing micro poker 1 table at a time ,play MTT and sit @ go's instead and bet in game , youll get way better numbers , use rolling if wagers take shots on multi sport parleys before you know it ,you can add a zero or 2 to those 3$ bets and your off! good luck!
Thanks for the advice. It is hard to play micro anything at Bookmaker/ACR. I don't like rebuy tourneys, and that is all they offer. SNGs are practically non-existent. That leaves cash, and there are times when not even one FR table is running at multiple microstakes. Most of the profit in this challenge is going to come from sports betting.

I agree with you about live betting offering some nice odds, and there has already been one live bet placed in the challenge. However, I don't agree with you at all on the parlays, if bets and all that other exotic crap. I do just fine with my approach, and I am already way ahead of schedule for the challenge. I have a whole year to accomplish it. Surviving the very early busto-risking stage is all I really needed to do, and that is done. Now, I just need to take my time. It may be boring for the first 3-6 months, but I will accomplish it within the year.

SB: +2.00

BR: 54.65

Cavs -1.5 -110

Risk 3.30 to win 3.00
The Hashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #61
LiveActionPro
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LiveActionPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,713
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

Great read so far. Keep it up.
LiveActionPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 02:24 PM   #62
Mr Blonde
Pooh-Bah
 
Mr Blonde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,723
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

Any chance we can get more information on your process with regards to finding value? Also did you voodoo doll Gasol after placing that bet

Think this could be the most interesting thread on 2p2, gl, shadowing for now
Mr Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #63
Xptboy
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: dolphin in the ocean
Posts: 1,105
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

Ok so for the sports betting. Do you think it's best to specialize in one game or a couple of games or to be a jack of all trades type. And if its best to specialize, wouldnt it be best to specialize in less popular sports such as idk lacrosse, esports, or something like that since bookies may not have as much info on them? Finally, if you do specialize in one type of game, do you think it's ok to bet on every match since you know what's up? or only bet on matches where you see value?
Xptboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:42 AM   #64
G_W_Hunting0
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 181
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

interesting read. i have to say: being from a small country in western Europe with a decent football ( soccer sigh.. ) league i have checked some odds pokerstars is giving out for the games of our league.. they seem waaay off to me and i got 1.9 ( score 4:0 ), 1.7 ( score 4:0 ), 1.9 ( score 3:1 ) and another 1.7 ( score 3:0 ) correctly betting only 4 times over all ( i usually just play poker and don´t do sports betting or anything else ).

i don´t even know what the - 300 means or anything

have just calculated my own odds id lay for these 4 games and they were always around 1.3/1.4 if not even just 1.2 in once case. So yea: after following one small league for 20+ years you will sure have a huge edge vs the bank imho and you should specialize in rather 1 or 2 leagues/sports then in a lot of different stuff. just my 2 cents, anyway: good luck OP!
G_W_Hunting0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:58 AM   #65
Man ag City
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 566
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

Man i can't wait for stars to do sports betting in the uk😋
Man ag City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:25 AM   #66
The Hashman
grinder
 
The Hashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 547
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveActionPro View Post
Great read so far. Keep it up.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blonde View Post
Any chance we can get more information on your process with regards to finding value? Also did you voodoo doll Gasol after placing that bet

Think this could be the most interesting thread on 2p2, gl, shadowing for now
Finding value is certainly important in sports betting. I think the best way to find value is to look for live dogs. When you think that a certain team should be favored to win and you are getting points with them, those are the bets that offer the best value. You can always look for lines that seem to be off as well. Lots of cappers will make their own lines before they every look at the actual lines. This is another good approach for finding value. When they see a big discrepancy in the actual lines versus their lines, they pounce on the perceived value they find in lines that are off.

However, value is sometimes overrated by handicappers. Some cappers spend too much time looking for lines that are off instead of simply picking winners. A key concept to keep in mind in sports betting is that you will always come out on top if you can pick winners. It's like the last lines in Casino, "But in the end, I wound up right back where I started. I could still pick winners, and I could still make money for all kinds of people back home. And why mess up a good thing?" If you can pick winners, why mess up a good thing by worrying about trying to figure out value? Just find the winners and bet on them. You may have to pay a lot of juice that makes cappers who only look for value cringe, but the point is to profit. There are multiple approaches to winning, and I think that every sports bettor has to find the one that works for him or her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xptboy View Post
Ok so for the sports betting. Do you think it's best to specialize in one game or a couple of games or to be a jack of all trades type. And if its best to specialize, wouldnt it be best to specialize in less popular sports such as idk lacrosse, esports, or something like that since bookies may not have as much info on them? Finally, if you do specialize in one type of game, do you think it's ok to bet on every match since you know what's up? or only bet on matches where you see value?
I think it is best to bet on things you are knowledgeable about and enjoy watching. If these sports happen to be more obscure, then you can find a lot of soft lines that make profiting easier. I would not recommend laying bets on every match of any sport unless you are one of the top-tier handicappers in the world. Yes, you can profit doing it, but it is much easier IMO to just look for one or two plays a day. If you can average a win or two a day, you will be doing very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_W_Hunting0 View Post
interesting read. i have to say: being from a small country in western Europe with a decent football ( soccer sigh.. ) league i have checked some odds pokerstars is giving out for the games of our league.. they seem waaay off to me and i got 1.9 ( score 4:0 ), 1.7 ( score 4:0 ), 1.9 ( score 3:1 ) and another 1.7 ( score 3:0 ) correctly betting only 4 times over all ( i usually just play poker and don´t do sports betting or anything else ).

i don´t even know what the - 300 means or anything

have just calculated my own odds id lay for these 4 games and they were always around 1.3/1.4 if not even just 1.2 in once case. So yea: after following one small league for 20+ years you will sure have a huge edge vs the bank imho and you should specialize in rather 1 or 2 leagues/sports then in a lot of different stuff. just my 2 cents, anyway: good luck OP!
-300 means that you win 100 for every 300 you bet. On the other hand, +300 would mean that you win 300 for every 100 you bet. Hope that makes it clear to everyone.

I agree with you that you can find a lot of value in the most obscure leagues. Unfortunately, I am an American who enjoys watching our major sports. That means there are fewer lines that are way off, but they are still there. Especially when it comes to college sports.

And feel free to say football.

SB: +3.00

BR: 57.65

Warriors -4.5 -110

Risk 3.30 to win 3.00
The Hashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:27 AM   #67
The Hashman
grinder
 
The Hashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 547
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man ag City View Post
Man i can't wait for stars to do sports betting in the uk😋
Just be thankful you live in a country where sports betting and poker is so frickin' easy. Or will your new conservative government be as whack-a-doo as our conservative government and do everything they can to shut it down?
The Hashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:01 AM   #68
The Hashman
grinder
 
The Hashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 547
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

SB: +3.00

BR: 60.65

Cavs -225

Risk 4.50 to win 2.00
The Hashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:02 AM   #69
The Hashman
grinder
 
The Hashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 547
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

SB: +2.00

BR: 62.65

Real Madrid -155

Risk 3.10 to win 2.00
The Hashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:55 AM   #70
The Hashman
grinder
 
The Hashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 547
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

SB: -3.10

BR: 59.55

Royals -1.5 +135

Risk 3.00 to win 4.05
The Hashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:04 PM   #71
The Hashman
grinder
 
The Hashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 547
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

Gonna put a small bet on the Cavs to win Game 6. I see a lot of value in this line. Lebron is pretty money when it comes to closing out teams in a Game 6 situation, and I think the Cavs will be motivated to win this one to get the extra rest they need to heal up. If it doesn't hit, it will be time to unload on them in Game 7.

Cavs +110

Risk 2.00 to win 2.20
The Hashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:44 AM   #72
Cuvier
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 137
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

This is an interesting thread to someone who knows nothing about sports betting. Best of luck!
Cuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:05 AM   #73
Bill_Clinton
adept
 
Bill_Clinton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 751
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

You guys are asking for sport betting advice from a guy who is broke with $5.45 left in his account?
Bill_Clinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #74
The Hashman
grinder
 
The Hashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 547
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuvier View Post
This is an interesting thread to someone who knows nothing about sports betting. Best of luck!
Thank you. I hope that I can pass on some knowledge in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Clinton View Post
You guys are asking for sport betting advice from a guy who is broke with $5.45 left in his account?
First troll. Does that mean this thread has arrived?

SB: +13.25 (includes 7.00 from the two Cavs series bets cashing)
Poker: +4.14

BR: 76.94

Grizzlies +5 -105

Risk 2.10 to win 2.00

Texas Rangers -122

Risk 2.44 to win 2.00

Tampa Bay Rays -104

Risk 2.08 to win 2.00

Since I am making a couple of MLB bets today, I'd like to take the opportunity to mention an important thing to do when betting MLB. Obviously, the starting pitcher is a huge factor in a baseball game. The starting pitchers are the first thing I look at when capping a game. Therefore, you never want to bet on an MLB game as action. When you place the bet, there will be four options available. You can bet it as "Action," which means that the bet will go no matter who the starting pitchers are. You can also take the option of selecting one pitcher or the other to start and action for the other team. This can sometimes be a good option if you are making a bet on an ace who you think will carry his team to victory no matter who the opposing starting pitcher is. However, most of the time you should take the option of making the bet contingent on both scheduled starting pitchers actually starting. Since the capping you do is so contingent on the starting pitchers, you need to make sure you are protected in case one of them is a late scratch. If you choose one of the non-action options, the bet will be canceled if the starter or starters you selected do not actually start.
The Hashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:00 AM   #75
The Hashman
grinder
 
The Hashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 547
Re: Sports Betting and Poker: $5.45 to $10,000 in One Year

SB: -6.62

BR: 70.32


American Pharoah -125

Risk 3.75 to win 3.00

Dodgers -1.5 +100

Risk 3.00 to win 3.00
The Hashman is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive