Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Real Life, I'm all-in. Real Life, I'm all-in.

11-19-2012 , 01:56 AM
Good luck OP. I really hope for you and your family's sake you make it.
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-19-2012 , 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordham
are you saying like down to the last week you will take this shot or last day, because i asked before if you would do roulette. Why exactly do you prefore blackjack than roulette. With BJ your chances of winning are less than the 47% you get from roulette.
I haven't given much thought to my blackjack vs roulette strategy. I've always kept pretty strict rules as far as not playing games other poker. Being said I guess my knee jerk reaction was to blackjack since I actually understand the correct way to play it. A flip for on red or black makes sense in comparison though. Lets hope I can get it o at the tables and not have to address it.
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-19-2012 , 03:32 AM
Isn't blackjack more ev in the long run if you plan hundreds of hands? But if you
Put 4k on a hand of bj and get a 13 or something that's pretty disheartening, feel better putting it on a number or odd/even
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-19-2012 , 04:23 AM
Better odds at Baccarat on a single flip. Bet the banker.
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-19-2012 , 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spyutastic
Better odds at Baccarat on a single flip. Bet the banker.
Excellent advice. Do this. Don't bet roulette or blackjack. House edge is only 1% if you bet banker in traditional baccarat. But if your goal is $8K then you need to get your roll up to at least $4K in poker to have a shot at even this.
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-19-2012 , 10:21 PM
Or buy 4k in lottery tickets. imo
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-20-2012 , 12:18 AM
Back to the grind today. I love that there's always multiple games running and I never have to worry about a lack of action.

Solid session. A few weird hands, like calling an river shove with A high and having it be good. I managed to take down a lot of pots today without showing down, which makes me feel good about the progress of my reads. I'm choosing good spots.

In for $200 out for $783, so +$583. One step closer!

Bankroll:$3231
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-20-2012 , 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio562
Or buy 4k in lottery tickets. imo
That just turns it into an 80% chance of $1K to $2K or 20% chance of $25K. VERY roughly. Bad advice.
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-20-2012 , 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostPRO
Cool read bro, but isn't this a hijack of the thread?
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-20-2012 , 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostPRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfuego
Back to the grind today. I love that there's always multiple games running and I never have to worry about a lack of action.

Hai,

I am not a poster here but have lurked for a couple weeks since finding the site. Live in LV and my question is, would any of you two be okay with me sweating one of your sessions? Even just for an hour or so? Of course, I'll buy you coffee/lunch/cookies ... I'm not being stalky, I am just interested in what it's like playing the live games in Vegas from your perspective and having a short conversation about it.

I don't have PM yet but email me at dann.geary@gmail.com if you're cool with that.

Cheers
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-20-2012 , 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbledbythegods
Hai,

I am not a poster here but have lurked for a couple weeks since finding the site. Live in LV and my question is, would any of you two be okay with me sweating one of your sessions? Even just for an hour or so? Of course, I'll buy you coffee/lunch/cookies ... I'm not being stalky, I am just interested in what it's like playing the live games in Vegas from your perspective and having a short conversation about it.

I don't have PM yet but email me at dann.geary@gmail.com if you're cool with that.

Cheers
I'm not in Vegas. I used to live there and might drive in if I need to make a big push my last few sessions. I'm in Phoenix.

I'll be happy to answer any questions I can. I logged 80-90 hrs a week for 2.5 years in Vegas. I have plenty of friends that still do at limits from the bottom to the top.
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-20-2012 , 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfuego
I'm not in Vegas. I used to live there and might drive in if I need to make a big push my last few sessions. I'm in Phoenix.

I'll be happy to answer any questions I can. I logged 80-90 hrs a week for 2.5 years in Vegas. I have plenty of friends that still do at limits from the bottom to the top.
Well, it's not that I have specific questions as opposed to a desire to see one of you all at work and get on your wavelength so to speak IRL. Not something I feel able to do via a forum medium, but I'm old-fashioned that way. Thanks for the reply though and I wish you all the skill for the rest of your mission.
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-21-2012 , 04:21 AM
Just finished a 12 hour session. Stuck $465. Feeling super defeated at this moment for some reason. I'm going to eat my feelings in this Klondike bar and pass out.

Bankroll:$465 less than it was before.
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-21-2012 , 05:32 AM
For the love of all that is poker, stay the F*** away from blackjack, craps, roulette, or any other table game. Seriously bad idea even letting that thought grow in the back of your mind...

Also, if you are able to come up with "Some" of the money the bank should be willing to work with you. I mean, if you come up with $5.5k i'm sure you can work something out with the bank.

In any event, sending you some rungood vibes.

GL
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-21-2012 , 08:55 PM
I managed to squeeze in just under 3 hours today, +$541.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the way I've evolved as a person and how it has effected my poker game. I'm going to post a more in depth write up about. I think the gist is learning the difference between confidence & ego, and overcoming ego. I need to organize it.

Run good and happy turkey day everyone.

Bankroll: $3307
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-21-2012 , 09:14 PM
gl OP. i am rooting for you.

I'd like to hear some about what your day to day obligations are; are you holding down a 40hr/wk job, you have kids, anything like that?
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-21-2012 , 09:40 PM
glgl best wishes to you and your mom
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-21-2012 , 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgiharris
For the love of all that is poker, stay the F*** away from blackjack, craps, roulette, or any other table game. Seriously bad idea even letting that thought grow in the back of your mind...

Also, if you are able to come up with "Some" of the money the bank should be willing to work with you. I mean, if you come up with $5.5k i'm sure you can work something out with the bank.

In any event, sending you some rungood vibes.

GL
Not sure if banks work differently but once a tenant is late on a payment, the landlord can start the eviction process and have the option not to accept partial payment. Depending on the value of the house and loan balance, it might benefit the bank to be anal and only accept full payment. Obviously laws vary by city.
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-22-2012 , 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio562
Not sure if banks work differently but once a tenant is late on a payment, the landlord can start the eviction process and have the option not to accept partial payment. Depending on the value of the house and loan balance, it might benefit the bank to be anal and only accept full payment. Obviously laws vary by city.
You are absolutely right. Some banks can/will be insanely anal about late payments however given OP's circumstances, you've got to think that if he came up with 80% - 90% of the money that the bank will work with him
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-22-2012 , 06:53 AM
gl OP, 5 stars.
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-26-2012 , 12:24 PM
I logged a lot of hours the past few days. I wish I had roaring success to report, but it's been as close to break even as it gets. I got stone cold crushed by a combination of bad play and bad beats, -$900 in my first weekend session.

I went home, let it go, and woke up refreshed the next day. Next session ended at +$903. My game feels solid and my attitude positive. I need to make some major strides this week and get to right around the $5-5.5k marker. Hope everyone had a sweet turkey day.

Last edited by Enfuego; 11-26-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: casue I can
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-26-2012 , 12:36 PM
uphill battle itt
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-26-2012 , 12:37 PM
I mentioned before, I've been doing a lot of thinking about ego and growing as a person and player. I came across this video and thought it was simple yet profound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RstefCPs3kU
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-26-2012 , 01:28 PM
Subscribed.

BTW- I hope it doesn't get to this, but if you are in a spot that you need to make some money on the last day instead of roulette or baccarat can you sports bet it and tell us what you bet. Not sure how big the house edge is compared to those other two games, but if its close it would be a pretty sick sweat for the rest of us.
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote
11-26-2012 , 01:58 PM
Just bet on the Packers to beat the spread and you can't go wrong.
Real Life, I'm all-in. Quote

      
m