Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Blogs and Goals Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 02:52 AM   #1026
...|...
banned
 
...|...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: dafaq
Posts: 3,072
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorXP View Post
And not by coincidence. read quite about about this due to my own experiences over millions of hands. Seems the minds ability to recognize up coming events, unfavorable ones more so, with out stimuli, Both individually and collectively has Been covered in scientific studies and shows like Morgan Freemans Through the Wormhole.

Now if i could just figure out how to use it to my advantage other than sitting out lol.
x2 thats very well known. Intuition is hardly invented. 3 years ago i used to play only when i felt i was gonna win. Only had 40hrs months but always 10bb+ at 6max and made a ton of $

Then someday i felt bad about playing so little and started playing looser and playing more hours and forcing myself and every single day that i had doubt about playing i lost. 100% not a single exception.

in b4 small 95 iqs trying to boost themselves with HERMERGERD IZ ATHEIST U CRAZY
...|... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #1027
Don Stefanello
veteran
 
Don Stefanello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: drinking obv
Posts: 2,222
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

had that experience, only problem that i got is i cant trust it anymore, once i had feeling it will be bad day and it was my most profitable day in poker and since then i cant let miss that day if i have a feeling cuz maybe another big winning session is around the corner
Don Stefanello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #1028
Poker_Geek
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 27
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

What got you to this stage - talent or hard work? Have you had any coaches during your career?
Poker_Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #1029
Grind4Money90
grinder
 
Grind4Money90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 556
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...|... View Post
x2 thats very well known. Intuition is hardly invented. 3 years ago i used to play only when i felt i was gonna win. Only had 40hrs months but always 10bb+ at 6max and made a ton of $

Then someday i felt bad about playing so little and started playing looser and playing more hours and forcing myself and every single day that i had doubt about playing i lost. 100% not a single exception.

in b4 small 95 iqs trying to boost themselves with HERMERGERD IZ ATHEIST U CRAZY
Yeah, it's pretty sick. Can we all subconsciously know what is going to happen or wtf!? Back when I was a degen i used to try to envision my feelings on what would happen after i bet on something on roulette... If i had good vibes, i'd bet, etc. But i guess thats just complete luck so no intuition involved, whereas poker is all in our hands, unless all in ofc.. Meh it's probably best that i don't get started on talking about the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stefanello View Post
had that experience, only problem that i got is i cant trust it anymore, once i had feeling it will be bad day and it was my most profitable day in poker and since then i cant let miss that day if i have a feeling cuz maybe another big winning session is around the corner
Haha, mbn... I don't think i've ever won when i thought i was gonna lose. Actually, I think maybe i was down like 3-4 buyins and got even/slightly up by shipping in AJ/aq aipf and hitting the J or Q vs ak like 3 times in a row sucking out... But apart from that, never won..

Definitely never had it all plain sailing where i win all the flips and play A game when i've thought i was gonna lose for sure anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker_Geek View Post
What got you to this stage - talent or hard work? Have you had any coaches during your career?
Well, when I talk about poker to my IRL friends , it's always just the funny hands or whatever that get played. But if i speak about poker to my gf (although i'll sometimes show her some fun hands), or my parents especially, the people that know me well, they will always say that it's because I am talented with numbers or whatever, that I am able to beat the poker games I play. They just assume I am better with numbers than the rest of the people I play with... I disagree 100%.

When i first started to play poker , i lost for like 18 months or something. I'd beat the guys who played at school but then i could never beat online...

I slowly started to understand a few things better, was less fishy, then after I beat the nl50 games well, i could move up to 1/2 and 2/4 where i was breaking even but putting in a lot of volume and winning quite a lot from a 65% rakeback deal. If i raked 15-20k a month, could get anywhere around 10k in rakeback. Alot of money in the grand scheme of things.

Then i just kept on playing really, and it all sort of just hit me in the last year or so where i just feel like i will always win at the tables when I play. So when I do lose, i think i take it pretty bad , as i'm never used to losing.. But before, when i lost, i'd always really want the money back asap (hence the online betting/gaming) i used to do, these days I am far more relaxed (0% worried actually), and i just go to sleep or go for a run (sick addition to my life), and just wake up and get it/some of the money I lost back...

So, with a solid mental state , I believe the money one can make can be so so much more than if one had a very weak mental ability - e.g. they tilt alot, move up, chase losses, etc. This change in me i think has been the real key to my recent poker success.

But, going back to answer the question, I think for anyone who succeeds , in no matter what walk of life, whether it is sports, poker, gaming, at work, the more work/time they put into something, the better results they will achieve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3CRdPHDCC0

Love listening to things like ^. From 1min 40 to 1min 58 is good to answer the question, but really, the whole thing is great

So , to where I am now , hard work. And no, not been coached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantosa View Post
Yes, im following you
On Twitter?
Grind4Money90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #1030
scarface.vlt
adept
 
scarface.vlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,065
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

nice thread!


where you from OP
scarface.vlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #1031
Grind4Money90
grinder
 
Grind4Money90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 556
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface.vlt View Post
nice thread!


where you from OP
thanks, just outside london
Grind4Money90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #1032
Grind4Money90
grinder
 
Grind4Money90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 556
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind4Money90 View Post
Goals that i set myself for November:

1) 90,000 hands on ongame, so 3k / day average
2) Win $80,000 excl rakeback
3) 22 runs out of the 30 days
4) 200 pressups / day
5) No alcohol until 24th Nov (1 night out this month)
6) Eat healthy

At the end of Day 26, with 4 more to go, I will just reassess my goals quickly to see what I have to do still...

1) I've played 87,048 hands this month, so this will easily be achieved.
2) $76,851 is the current profit excluding rakeback for the month, hopefully get over the line then...
3) I've been on 18 runs this month. So if i run each of the next 4 days I will have achieved 22.
4) I've done 5480 pressups this month, so actually ahead of the current target of (26x200=5200). 6000 total needed to achieve this, so will make it !
5) Turned out saturday got cancelled, so will make this (next pi$$up is decmber 1st)
6) Have done

Looking like a great month in terms of goals set and meeting the targets
Grind4Money90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #1033
oleQ
temp-banned
 
oleQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 647
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind4Money90 View Post
At the end of Day 26, with 4 more to go, I will just reassess my goals quickly to see what I have to do still...

1) I've played 87,048 hands this month, so this will easily be achieved.
2) $76,851 is the current profit excluding rakeback for the month, hopefully get over the line then...
3) I've been on 18 runs this month. So if i run each of the next 4 days I will have achieved 22.
4) I've done 5480 pressups this month, so actually ahead of the current target of (26x200=5200). 6000 total needed to achieve this, so will make it !
5) Turned out saturday got cancelled, so will make this (next pi$$up is decmber 1st)
6) Have done

Looking like a great month in terms of goals set and meeting the targets
This is the answer to all the people asking why they won't make it to the highstakes. Huge inspiration, time to get to ****ing work.

Regarding the feeling, I've always had something like that but on a smaller scale. Meaning, I felt that if I cbet this hand or 3-bet it, I'll somehow spew or make a mistake, or get coolered and lose it. Same with ending the session. Even when I want to put it 30 minutes more, 500 hands more, I feel like I shut get off. 10 minutes later I'm raelly mad at myself that I didn't listen to myself and didn't lose most of the profit.

I think it's kinda more of an illusion. J. Tendler's book would probably say that you're lacking the skill to recognize variance etc. It's interesting.
oleQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:02 AM   #1034
phenomenal
old hand
 
phenomenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FINLANDIA
Posts: 1,524
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind4Money90 View Post

5mins after vs same opponent:





    Poker Stars, $10/$20, $4 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players


    BTN: $5,730.50 (286.5 bb)
    Hero (SB): $5,500 (275 bb)
    BB: $2,149 (107.5 bb)
    UTG: $4,538.50 (226.9 bb)
    MP: $3,688 (184.4 bb)
    CO: $2,669 (133.5 bb)

    Preflop: Hero is SB with Q 3
    2 folds, CO raises to $60, BTN raises to $180, Hero raises to $480, 2 folds, BTN calls $300

    Flop: ($1,064) 4 J 7 (2 players)
    Hero bets $520, BTN calls $520

    Turn: ($2,104) 7 (2 players)
    Hero bets $1,235, BTN calls $1,235

    River: ($4,574) J (2 players)
    Hero bets $3,261 and is all-in, BTN folds

    Spoiler:



    Get the Flash Player to use the Hold'em Manager Replayer.


    Not concerned at all about the board double pairing ? Not afraid of Jx/7x at all ?
    phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #1035
    dr4c0
    enthusiast
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Posts: 58
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Grind4Money90 View Post
    Well, when I talk about poker to my IRL friends , it's always just the funny hands or whatever that get played. But if i speak about poker to my gf (although i'll sometimes show her some fun hands), or my parents especially, the people that know me well, they will always say that it's because I am talented with numbers or whatever, that I am able to beat the poker games I play. They just assume I am better with numbers than the rest of the people I play with... I disagree 100%.

    When i first started to play poker , i lost for like 18 months or something. I'd beat the guys who played at school but then i could never beat online...

    I slowly started to understand a few things better, was less fishy, then after I beat the nl50 games well, i could move up to 1/2 and 2/4 where i was breaking even but putting in a lot of volume and winning quite a lot from a 65% rakeback deal. If i raked 15-20k a month, could get anywhere around 10k in rakeback. Alot of money in the grand scheme of things.

    Then i just kept on playing really, and it all sort of just hit me in the last year or so where i just feel like i will always win at the tables when I play. So when I do lose, i think i take it pretty bad , as i'm never used to losing.. But before, when i lost, i'd always really want the money back asap (hence the online betting/gaming) i used to do, these days I am far more relaxed (0% worried actually), and i just go to sleep or go for a run (sick addition to my life), and just wake up and get it/some of the money I lost back...

    So, with a solid mental state , I believe the money one can make can be so so much more than if one had a very weak mental ability - e.g. they tilt alot, move up, chase losses, etc. This change in me i think has been the real key to my recent poker success.

    But, going back to answer the question, I think for anyone who succeeds , in no matter what walk of life, whether it is sports, poker, gaming, at work, the more work/time they put into something, the better results they will achieve.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3CRdPHDCC0

    Love listening to things like ^. From 1min 40 to 1min 58 is good to answer the question, but really, the whole thing is great

    So , to where I am now , hard work. And no, not been coached.
    Thank You.
    dr4c0 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #1036
    Grind4Money90
    grinder
     
    Grind4Money90's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Posts: 556
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oleQ View Post
    This is the answer to all the people asking why they won't make it to the highstakes. Huge inspiration, time to get to ****ing work.

    Regarding the feeling, I've always had something like that but on a smaller scale. Meaning, I felt that if I cbet this hand or 3-bet it, I'll somehow spew or make a mistake, or get coolered and lose it. Same with ending the session. Even when I want to put it 30 minutes more, 500 hands more, I feel like I shut get off. 10 minutes later I'm raelly mad at myself that I didn't listen to myself and didn't lose most of the profit.

    I think it's kinda more of an illusion. J. Tendler's book would probably say that you're lacking the skill to recognize variance etc. It's interesting.
    Thanks for your post

    I sometimes get the negative 'i'm going to lose this pot' feeling too preflop, like recently with AA (THE BEST HAND PF ) i've had it, and more often than not, it's lost. Then when I get AA and feel good about it, it wins. I really don't know if its the brain's selective memory kinda thing where if it thinks something and it happens , it remembers it a lot more than when it doesn't happen.. It's a weird feeling nonetheless..

    But yeah i agree with what what Tendler's book would say.


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by phenomenal View Post
    Not concerned at all about the board double pairing ? Not afraid of Jx/7x at all ?
    Oh I was But sometimes you just have to man up in life and go with it.. Maybe he had two 10's or 2 out of the 3 other Q's , and was just thinking (he took like 2mins of his entire timebank) wtf is this guy betting, is he really value betting AA or did he cold 4b Jx....

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dr4c0 View Post
    Thank You.
    Np
    Grind4Money90 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #1037
    Grind4Money90
    grinder
     
    Grind4Money90's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Posts: 556
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    $81,200 now for the month. So if i can break even for the next 1400 hands I may take 3 days off and call it GG for the month
    Grind4Money90 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #1038
    Mitch..
    newbie
     
    Mitch..'s Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Posts: 21
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Grind4Money90 View Post
    Thanks for your post

    I sometimes get the negative 'i'm going to lose this pot' feeling too preflop, like recently with AA (THE BEST HAND PF ) i've had it, and more often than not, it's lost. Then when I get AA and feel good about it, it wins. I really don't know if its the brain's selective memory kinda thing where if it thinks something and it happens , it remembers it a lot more than when it doesn't happen.. It's a weird feeling nonetheless..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

    Although if you prove this phenomenon is true (which would be super easy to test) you'd get a nobel prize and be remembered through out history for one of the most significant discoveries ever, completely reshaping our ideas in causality and physics. On the other hand exposing to the world the ability to predict the outcome of essentially random future events would lead to societal collapse (markets don't work so well if everyone knows whats going to happen) so probably keep it contained to this thread.

    Btw love the thread
    Mitch.. is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #1039
    debacle
    old hand
     
    debacle's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2010
    Location: in ur hypers - Auckland, NZ
    Posts: 1,282
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mitch.. View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

    Although if you prove this phenomenon is true (which would be super easy to test) you'd get a nobel prize and be remembered through out history for one of the most significant discoveries ever, completely reshaping our ideas in causality and physics. On the other hand exposing to the world the ability to predict the outcome of essentially random future events would lead to societal collapse (markets don't work so well if everyone knows whats going to happen) so probably keep it contained to this thread.

    Btw love the thread
    Reading posts like these makes me wish I had more smart friends that were actually interested in this kind of thing.

    Instead: The Internet.
    debacle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #1040
    GatorXP
    old hand
     
    GatorXP's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: Out of the Theater
    Posts: 1,800
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mitch.. View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

    Although if you prove this phenomenon is true (which would be super easy to test) you'd get a nobel prize and be remembered through out history for one of the most significant discoveries ever, completely reshaping our ideas in causality and physics. On the other hand exposing to the world the ability to predict the outcome of essentially random future events would lead to societal collapse (markets don't work so well if everyone knows whats going to happen) so probably keep it contained to this thread.

    Btw love the thread
    Yep its not true dont look into it. You have no power. The only real truth is your govt and church.
    GatorXP is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2012, 02:35 AM   #1041
    ACgaming
    journeyman
     
    ACgaming's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: Muffdiving
    Posts: 261
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    lol church = truth? good one...
    ACgaming is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2012, 03:27 AM   #1042
    Mitch..
    newbie
     
    Mitch..'s Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Posts: 21
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GatorXP View Post
    Yep its not true dont look into it. You have no power. The only real truth is your govt and church.
    I was just pointing out some of the extraordinary ramifications if true. And how easy this would be to test, everytime Grind4Money got AA he could write down whether he got the winning or losing (or no) feeling then write down the results. Seriously if the effect is there he becomes most famous person on the planet (and super rich).

    But please, if nothing else please do look into it, it's one of the more interesting speculations about the universe. Like what happens if you create a paradox? If you get the bad feeling so don't play the session but then you don't have the losing session, how are you meant to get the feeling? Either these feelings don't effect behavior and outcome (you feel bad but always play anyways, then lose, then past self gets the feeling, etc) or it can effect outcome and we have a paradox that could be remedied by things like multiple/branching universes or my favourite - Doomed Timeline Theory:

    "This theory involves the universe incorporating a "fail-safe" by destroying any instance or timeline that deviates from a main timeline to prevent multiple universes from existing. Basically, any time travel deviating from a stable time-loop, paradoxical or not, is doomed to be destroyed."

    tl;dr - If Grind4Money changes his behaviour based on these feelings the universe may end.
    Mitch.. is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 AM   #1043
    GatorXP
    old hand
     
    GatorXP's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: Out of the Theater
    Posts: 1,800
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mitch.. View Post
    I was just pointing out some of the extraordinary ramifications if true. And how easy this would be to test, everytime Grind4Money got AA he could write down whether he got the winning or losing (or no) feeling then write down the results. Seriously if the effect is there he becomes most famous person on the planet (and super rich).

    But please, if nothing else please do look into it, it's one of the more interesting speculations about the universe. Like what happens if you create a paradox? If you get the bad feeling so don't play the session but then you don't have the losing session, how are you meant to get the feeling? Either these feelings don't effect behavior and outcome (you feel bad but always play anyways, then lose, then past self gets the feeling, etc) or it can effect outcome and we have a paradox that could be remedied by things like multiple/branching universes or my favourite - Doomed Timeline Theory:

    "This theory involves the universe incorporating a "fail-safe" by destroying any instance or timeline that deviates from a main timeline to prevent multiple universes from existing. Basically, any time travel deviating from a stable time-loop, paradoxical or not, is doomed to be destroyed."

    tl;dr - If Grind4Money changes his behaviour based on these feelings the universe may end.
    Subject probably needs its own thread or two, one for the science of human consciousness and one to stop OP from destroying the universe obv.
    GatorXP is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #1044
    oleQ
    temp-banned
     
    oleQ's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Posts: 647
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    Haha, loved the last sentence.
    oleQ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #1045
    Grind4Money90
    grinder
     
    Grind4Money90's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Posts: 556
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mitch.. View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

    Although if you prove this phenomenon is true (which would be super easy to test) you'd get a nobel prize and be remembered through out history for one of the most significant discoveries ever, completely reshaping our ideas in causality and physics. On the other hand exposing to the world the ability to predict the outcome of essentially random future events would lead to societal collapse (markets don't work so well if everyone knows whats going to happen) so probably keep it contained to this thread.

    Btw love the thread
    Ahh,, this is it...

    I am tempted to try and prove this phenomenon though..

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oleQ View Post
    Haha, loved the last sentence.
    +1
    Grind4Money90 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #1046
    Grind4Money90
    grinder
     
    Grind4Money90's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Posts: 556
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    I will actually do that though.

    Everytime I get dealt AA, and it goes all in preflop, i'll do an excel spreadsheet if i felt good about winning or thought I was going to lose, write it down, then show the results after maybe 100 times...
    Grind4Money90 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #1047
    deathorglory0
    Pooh-Bah
     
    deathorglory0's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2007
    Posts: 4,439
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    I really hope you are taking the piss.

    Why not just go and try it on roulette? £10k a spin?
    deathorglory0 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #1048
    Grind4Money90
    grinder
     
    Grind4Money90's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Posts: 556
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    Haha why not

    And yeah, wasnt serious
    Grind4Money90 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #1049
    Grind4Money90
    grinder
     
    Grind4Money90's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Posts: 556
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    I remember i changed my goal after like day 4 of the month to $90k+ for the month over 90khands (not $80k).....

    Anyway, I am +$89,308 atm for the month and have played 92,191 hands. Just need to win one more 100bb pot, then it's gg for November
    Grind4Money90 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #1050
    blakkman08
    Carpal \'Tunnel
     
    blakkman08's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: LOLdonkaments
    Posts: 13,103
    Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

    inb4 d00msw1tch
    blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote

    Reply
          

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off


    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin®
    Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive