Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Blogs and Goals Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #526
coopah
old hand
 
coopah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,259
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

make that $25k, i got so drunk yesterday and then decided it was a good idea to go all in 90% of hands.

not done that in a looong time!

i've self banned myself from alcohol until 2013 now.
coopah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #527
GipsyGrandpa
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Between hookers and Sang Som
Posts: 36
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopah View Post
i've self banned myself from alcohol until 2013 now.
Easier said than done
GipsyGrandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #528
deny
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 18
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

I followed a couple of this guys old blogs and always doubted how truefull he was being. Earlier today i was given a link to this thread. I just finished reading it and im astonished at the lack of people questioning this guys stories/motives. Ive spoken to a few players who have played/chatted to him, pretty much all of them have questioned his integrity. A few points to consider.

. Of the screen names he has outted in the past, hes down a considerable sum over a big sample.

. Has he even revealed an account that resembles success over a sustained period? to anyone?

. He has charged for coaching in the past where the only evidence that he is a succesfull player are the graphs that can be found on his blogs (which are very easy to manipulate give me 10 minutes and i can be a 20bb winner)

. i know hes had atleast 4 2p2 accounts now. This might seem like a moot point but I can't figure out why anyone with nothing to hide needs so many.

. Ive never know one guy to have so many strange hiatuses always returning with the most bizzare explanations or no explanation but a new thread.
deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #529
bdel94
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 400
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by deny View Post
I followed a couple of this guys old blogs and always doubted how truefull he was being. Earlier today i was given a link to this thread. I just finished reading it and im astonished at the lack of people questioning this guys stories/motives. Ive spoken to a few players who have played/chatted to him, pretty much all of them have questioned his integrity. A few points to consider.

. Of the screen names he has outted in the past, hes down a considerable sum over a big sample.

. Has he even revealed an account that resembles success over a sustained period? to anyone?

. He has charged for coaching in the past where the only evidence that he is a succesfull player are the graphs that can be found on his blogs (which are very easy to manipulate give me 10 minutes and i can be a 20bb winner)

. i know hes had atleast 4 2p2 accounts now. This might seem like a moot point but I can't figure out why anyone with nothing to hide needs so many.

. Ive never know one guy to have so many strange hiatuses always returning with the most bizzare explanations or no explanation but a new thread.
why would he lie? also if he is lying its not like he is making money of people in this thread currently. also if you do not believe him from previous threads why read this one?

not trying to start an argument but just asking what was the point of your post?
bdel94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #530
deny
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 18
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Another point to consider, hes even lying about his age.

Quote:
I think just for example 3 1/2 years ago when I first went to Vegas i only took 1 friend, then a year later I took 8 friends by doing a rake challenge set by a site (60k in 4months), then as i moved up from medium stakes to 5/10+ I could start taking 12 people, then last year was 15, and in January for my 25th i think there are 20 of us going.
Quote:
This will be the last trip as i've decided when i'm 25 life gets a bit more serious and it's time to grow up etc
Quote:
I recently signed up to these forums with the intention of posting in a different bit of 2+2, however a friend asked me yesterday, "do you think you will be a millionaire when you are 50?". I am 22 right now so with 28 years to go, I would guess so yes. But I don't want to wait that long
deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #531
deny
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 18
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
why would he lie? also if he is lying its not like he is making money of people in this thread currently. also if you do not believe him from previous threads why read this one?

not trying to start an argument but just asking what was the point of your post?
If he hadnt charged for coaching before i'd deffinatley not of entered this thread. Fact is he has and I can't trust that he isnt currently charging more people under false pretences. Just because he says on here he isnt really doesnt fill me with confidence. I mean hes lied about his age on this thread. Why wouldnt he cover this up when he actually stands to gain something?
deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:04 AM   #532
chillskill
old hand
 
chillskill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hunting
Posts: 1,509
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Lol about the different ages post.

If this is a lie it would be pretty pathetic
chillskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #533
deny
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 18
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
If this is a lie it would be pretty pathetic
If its all a lie, its much worse than pathetic. In any other industry he'd be up in front of a court facing charges for fraud.
deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:28 AM   #534
oleQ
temp-banned
 
oleQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 647
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Coopah admitted earlier that he lied about his age, and he's 25. Look on previous pages.
oleQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:36 AM   #535
BornToRun
veteran
 
BornToRun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleQ View Post
Coopah admitted earlier that he lied about his age, and he's 25. Look on previous pages.
Haha this.
BornToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:00 AM   #536
GipsyGrandpa
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Between hookers and Sang Som
Posts: 36
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleQ View Post
Coopah admitted earlier that he lied about his age, and he's 25. Look on previous pages.
Why in the hell he would lie his age ITT? Does not make any sense, but if he has some kind of angle going on maybe then....
GipsyGrandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:05 AM   #537
deny
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 18
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
Coopah admitted earlier that he lied about his age, and he's 25. Look on previous pages.
Sorry didnt see the admition.

How many times in your life have you lied about your age though? Any explanation as to why he tried to potray himself as a different person completely to a whole community really ought to raise some suspicion.

He clearly didn't want people to find out he was coopah also. Atleast one guy has already said hed pm'd him asking if it was him before he came out and told everyone. He knew people were thinking it was him and it was only a matter of time before someone pointed this out on this thread so he felt it would obviously be better for his credibility if he admitted it.

I know he said its because he didn't like being asked questions about his roulette habbits, but the fact is he seems to thrive on discussing his roulette habbits on a public forum at any opportunity.
deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:28 AM   #538
deny
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 18
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
2. Hero can't filter on hands in HEM? Rly?

3. Hero doesn't know how to post a hand to a forum? Rly?

2) if never used HEM before , then how would i? this knowledge just isn't something you are born with

3) never done it before, so again, how would i know this?
This was a q+a session held by coopah on page 13. Again more blatant lies as he clearly used to upload hands on here with ease.
deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:09 AM   #539
Glanza_Mike
Pooh-Bah
 
Glanza_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,098
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

deny stfu and gtfo, stop posting dumbass questions in thread's that you know **** all about, i know Coopah personally and have railed him several times playing these stakes. So **** off, thank you please.
Glanza_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:11 AM   #540
chigah
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 151
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giev money?? View Post
Thread title somehow sounds a bit familiar.

Anyway I hate to ruin the party for ppl who doubt this guy, I've talked with him and I know a couple of his screennames so he's legit.

Gl with the challenge and keep on crushing Grind4Money90!
inb4gind4money90RevealsTrueIdentityasGievmoney.

but anyway, wouldn't this give him some type of credibility if Gievmoney has played with him and thinks he is legit? lols.
chigah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:18 AM   #541
coopah
old hand
 
coopah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,259
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Firstly, i would like to thank you very much for signing up to 2+2 today and taking the time out of your life come along and post in my thread.

I'm actually very surprised by all this, but whatever, will answer your 6 posts so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deny View Post
I followed a couple of this guys old blogs and always doubted how truefull he was being. Earlier today i was given a link to this thread. I just finished reading it and im astonished at the lack of people questioning this guys stories/motives. Ive spoken to a few players who have played/chatted to him, pretty much all of them have questioned his integrity. A few points to consider.

If you could be kind enough to tell me the players that you've spoke to that have 1) played with me, and 2) chatted with me, i'd appreciate that. I speak to actually very few of the poker community on skype so who you are referring to would be interesting for me to know. I mean, I even got ‘Giev_Money?? The guy who has arguably the best thread on 2+2 and one of the biggest crushers on the Euro sites to come along and say I am genuine when people were questioning me earlier in this thread.

. Of the screen names he has outted in the past, hes down a considerable sum over a big sample.

Do you even know which screen names I play on? I recently said I play on Kn0wYourRole (ongame) and FistPumpFTW (ongame also). Kn0wYourRole according to PTR is +$60,838 in 33,704 hands and as shown by the graph didn't really have a losing day over the month I played on RedKings with a winrate of over 13bb/100. FistPumpFTW an account which i've played on for just over 2 months on and off is up +$80,534 in 70,258 hands again with a winrate over 5bb/100 (no bumhunting on that account ) Again, the graph shows a line which only went down twice. So in 3 months of playing over 100k hands, i have just shown you two accounts which only dropped money 3-4 times.

. Has he even revealed an account that resembles success over a sustained period? to anyone?

See above.

. He has charged for coaching in the past where the only evidence that he is a succesfull player are the graphs that can be found on his blogs (which are very easy to manipulate give me 10 minutes and i can be a 20bb winner)

I agree anyone can change a HEM graph. But unfortunately PTR cannot, and the accounts I have outed show profits. (PTR actually doesn't track all hands, and my profits on both accounts are less than I have them for in HEM). I coached I think 3 people once, one of which I am still on contact with on facebook and skype as he's from the UK. Please feel free to ask him how the session went, I can get him to post in this thread if you want.

. i know hes had atleast 4 2p2 accounts now. This might seem like a moot point but I can't figure out why anyone with nothing to hide needs so many.

You know wrong. I had one when I was like 18-19 (6 years ago) and posted like 10 times just bragging about how I won $1k at 0.25/0.50 or something... I have this coopah account, and I recently created the Grind4Money90 account - notice the 90 on the end, because I wanted to say i was 22 so people didn't think i was 24 years old (as that is what coopah - me, is).

. Ive never know one guy to have so many strange hiatuses always returning with the most bizzare explanations or no explanation but a new thread.
A new thread? I've done 3. One was the original £500k in 1 year one. The next was rebuilding season because of me losing alot on sports bets/roulette and the other one was this one which I created on the new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deny View Post
Another point to consider, hes even lying about his age.
It's not really lying, is it. More 'hiding my identity'. It is perfectly allowed to want to remain anonymous. I create these threads for one reason really, to help me remain motivated in goals I set myself. I don't create my threads for no other reason. So the other thread when I admitted (I didn't have to), but i did because I am a honest guy, I held my hand up and said I have lost a lot on sports bet and so will have to rebuild, and created the new thread 'rebuilding season, making $100k in x days' or something. I kept on getting messages about how I shouldn't play roulette and should get some help etc, although of course they are nice, they were kind of repetitive. And as a result I created the new 2+2 alias, Grind4Money90. The reason being simply I didn't want to have to answer anymore questions about past bad habits and make a fresh start. Of course, I am going to make it easier to hide my identity and not come along and say 'Hey I am from London and age 24 just graduated from Loughborough University...' as it would be obvious I am coopah. So I just came along and said I was 22. Didn't think it was a bid deal. I'm sorry for upsetting you the way I have done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deny View Post
If he hadnt charged for coaching before i'd deffinatley not of entered this thread. Fact is he has and I can't trust that he isnt currently charging more people under false pretences. Just because he says on here he isnt really doesnt fill me with confidence. I mean hes lied about his age on this thread. Why wouldnt he cover this up when he actually stands to gain something?
Sorry I didn't really get much out of the coaching, and was doing it for far less than my hourly rate. It was a lot more tiring than playing poker was too. If you can get someone to come forward and say they are currently being coached by 'coopah' or 'Grind4Money90' then please go for it... Gain something? Actually coaching other people had the opposite effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deny View Post
Sorry didnt see the admition.

How many times in your life have you lied about your age though? Never, apart from this once. Oh and maybe a few times when I was single trying to be successful with a lady Any explanation as to why he tried to potray himself as a different person completely to a whole community really ought to raise some suspicion. Yawn, if i was going around Pm'ing people or Idk what else I could do, get the details of people or something, then maybe, but fact is I stick to myself. I just play poker, post hands, post results, post graphs. I said in this thread that people who follow my twitter or people who followed my other threads may know who I am, but I didn't care. Then one day I just decided, f**k it, i'll tell everyone, as I still saw people who seemed cool posting in my new thread who also posted in the other thread, so thought they had a right to know they are speaking to the same person, that is all.

He clearly didn't want people to find out he was coopah also. We have a genius posting ITT. Atleast one guy has already said hed pm'd him asking if it was him before he came out and told everyone. He knew people were thinking it was him and it was only a matter of time before someone pointed this out on this thread so he felt it would obviously be better for his credibility if he admitted it.

I know he said its because he didn't like being asked questions about his roulette habbits, but the fact is he seems to thrive on discussing his roulette habbits on a public forum at any opportunity.
I actually have said let's please not talk about roulette again in this thread, so quite the opposite again of one of your statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deny View Post
This was a q+a session held by coopah on page 13. Again more blatant lies as he clearly used to upload hands on here with ease.
I genuinely couldn't work out how to upload hands (the reason being I was now using HM2 and not HM1. As soon as I found out how to (by exporting the hands to my desktop page) I posted around 15-20 hands. I then gave explanation to my play, make your own mind up if what I say is bullsh*t or whatever, but my thought processes seem to beat the games I play in.


Any other theories/questions, please feel free.
coopah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #542
Ainsyboy
journeyman
 
Ainsyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a house durrrr?
Posts: 235
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Gooooo Coopah!
Ainsyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #543
!llusioNz
journeyman
 
!llusioNz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: .it
Posts: 304
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

u shouldnt care about what haters are sayin imho, its only a wastin of time and energy...

vgg for your results!
!llusioNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #544
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 13,103
Srsly IF somebody fks up then it will be outed anyway so replying to jealous fks that have no life rly is not necessary OP. always enjoyed ur threads bro u re an inspiration so I suggest some mods erase that nonsense on earlier pages and u get bak to wat u do best
blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #545
M37H
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 296
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

You know you can just right click the hand and click "copy" or even "copy with stats" instead right?
M37H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #546
welsh-witch1
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,968
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

hate people nit picking ffs its his thread he can do what he likes.
also you updated from your trip with graphs etc
welsh-witch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #547
Don Stefanello
veteran
 
Don Stefanello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: drinking obv
Posts: 2,222
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by M37H View Post
You know you can just right click the hand and click "copy" or even "copy with stats" instead right?
oh finally someone found a way to post hands after 500 posts, thank god now we can continue with our lives again
Don Stefanello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:53 AM   #548
coopah
old hand
 
coopah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,259
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

so 2 nights ago i decided to play drunk as i said earlier on this page, and previous to that failure of a night I was up $50k whilst in Thailand.. i dropped $25k that night, and now I am glad to say I am back to being $50k up this trip.

The nickname i am currently playing on on ongame is
Spoiler:


There is some banter going on in the ongame skype group I created with my gf and that is her name... just find it lol now that my gf is owning some of the regs in the skype group
coopah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:54 AM   #549
coopah
old hand
 
coopah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,259
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

thanks for the comments people
coopah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:02 AM   #550
coopah
old hand
 
coopah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,259
Re: My journey to becoming a millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Button_F1 View Post
Read most of this thread on and off for a while, one of best in this forum obv.

Quite endearing seeing you reply to every post and question


Enjoy Thailand and w/e next adventures and thanks for the thread.
Thanks for the post, it's been a great 3 week trip with my gf, looking forward to getting back to grinding 95% of days until Christmas now though

Quote:
Originally Posted by matss View Post
Enjoy Thailand sir. Gl gl
tyty, u2


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectral Fury View Post
Hope you're having a good hol.

The best month of my life was in Thailand in Chaing Mai, Koh Phangan and Koh Samui. omg I wish I was there now, drinking chaing beer on the beach getting a massage.

In a earlier thread you said you grinded 50nl for a while, at what point did you feel things 'click' like going from breakeven to winning? Did you develop into a tag to lag player?
When i was playing the nl200 games on Paradise poker, they set me a rake target of 60k in 3 1/2 months. I played everyday so learnt a lot then about bluffing spots / ranges etc. I was never a tag player, always lag Then after the rake challenge i moved up to nl400 then found that alot easier than nl200, idk why really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stefanello View Post
In to wish you all the best in future, i know what you are talking about when you were answering those questions about why you take your friends to vegas, as i am the same. I live in a poor country and my friends dont have that much money so i take them on trips outside of the country just to have a lot of fun, dont care about the money as we are making some life time experiences traveling and enjoying, thats what counts, money comes and goes. As long as those are your really best friends and not some ppl that take advantage of you and your money, i know how to recognize this and hope you do to

p.s. also ppl you are boring with roulette, he said he isnt playing it anymore, dont choke this thread also with it
Very nice post , and i agree 100%. Thanks for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by playinbig View Post
Coopah hope good times in Thailand. When have time to look in some questions for you when its boring or something.

You said you dont use a hud just checking after session and in session too. But how you know what the vpip of a new player is or the 3bet percentage from BB for example. How you know he has polarized range or not.
I would say you have a good memory and know all players at the table well when playing even when multitabling so is it like you can memorize things better than others? I remember i have read something like that in other thread but i am not sure. I think because of that you can adapt to different players well and faster too.

And this would you say you make money from fish and weak TAGs mostly and your toughest opponents are players who play a bit more loose agressive and who balance and adapt whole day? Because i would think that. Thanks and nice times.
Playing within the small player pool, i know who is tight/loose and what ranges they 3b with etc. It's not like i have 200+ players to remember... And then if they are just average reg i can exploit them in a lot of different ways that hud stats really don't matter. Just adjust to the games going on at the moment and hud is pointless imo. I do have a good memory when it comes to lines taken by diff players also, which helps. It's funny, because my memory is terrible with other stuff in life, just not poker.

And yeah, aggressive lag style is the hardest one to play against, or aggressive tag too, & weak+standard+don'tthinkoutsidethebox regs and fish ofc easiest.
coopah is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive