Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Goal: Poker boob job Goal: Poker boob job

06-04-2013 , 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HU4hoes
Ahahahha
I lol'd too
06-04-2013 , 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechFold
did your mommy not give you enough attention?
No she gave enough. Offer still stands....
Unless you are too scared ?
06-04-2013 , 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sump
I lol'd too
Laughing at yourself is considered as a gateway to insanity
06-04-2013 , 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HU4hoes
Laughing at yourself is considered as a gateway to insanity
I lol'd because he'd run and hide like most of the cowards that troll Internet forums. Always give them an offer they can't afford and their mouths go silent.
06-04-2013 , 12:30 PM
Op, sorry for detailing the thread btw. Good luck on the goal but ill be genuinely honest when I say it's hard to build up from the micros but its not impossible of course so best of luck.
06-04-2013 , 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyitsClay

GL with ur challenge, nice to see someone keep posting even during hard times. This IS how poker normally goes, not all the crazy baller threads that are the only ones that keep updated and don't die.
+1
06-04-2013 , 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sump
Op, sorry for detailing the thread btw. Good luck on the goal but ill be genuinely honest when I say it's hard to build up from the micros but its not impossible of course so best of luck.
is that because of the rake? what level do you think OP should build up from?
06-04-2013 , 02:57 PM
Do you live in London OP?

Build a roll and take shots at live poker, much quicker way to earn the cash imo.
06-04-2013 , 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiTabling
is that because of the rake? what level do you think OP should build up from?
Anyone with a small bankroll and plenty of time on their hands like OP who are playing 10nl are largely wasting their time. Go read some of the monthly goal threads and see some of those guys never making any progress due to a small or b/e win rate at those stakes and lack of discipline with their bankroll. Same guys every month continually failing. Not saying people don't ease through the micros but a majority don't.

It's far more profitable anyway to play the mttsng's on stars. Easy to learn and a huge ROI is attainable in them. You'll hit 1-2k way before you will playing micro cash by mass-tabling them and then if you want you can always switch back to cash rolled for decent stakes where you might actually learn something. I've given this advice before and no one ever listens though. I had $62 in my account at the start of the year, now comfortably rolled to play 200nl.
06-04-2013 , 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFck'nNewman
Anyone with a small bankroll and plenty of time on their hands like OP who are playing 10nl are largely wasting their time. Go read some of the monthly goal threads and see some of those guys never making any progress due to a small or b/e win rate at those stakes and lack of discipline with their bankroll. Same guys every month continually failing. Not saying people don't ease through the micros but a majority don't.

It's far more profitable anyway to play the mttsng's on stars. Easy to learn and a huge ROI is attainable in them. You'll hit 1-2k way before you will playing micro cash by mass-tabling them and then if you want you can always switch back to cash rolled for decent stakes where you might actually learn something. I've given this advice before and no one ever listens though. I had $62 in my account at the start of the year, now comfortably rolled to play 200nl.
This. But apparently to ppl who joined 2 months ago this 'bad advice' lol.
06-04-2013 , 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiTabling
is that because of the rake? what level do you think OP should build up from?
To hard to beat the rake. Go get a real job. Save money and buy in bigger and play at least NL25.

That's being modest though would probably play NL50 instead.
06-04-2013 , 03:50 PM
Yeah I'd also suggest playing uMTT's instead of uNL cash
06-04-2013 , 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFck'nNewman
Anyone with a small bankroll and plenty of time on their hands like OP who are playing 10nl are largely wasting their time. Go read some of the monthly goal threads and see some of those guys never making any progress due to a small or b/e win rate at those stakes and lack of discipline with their bankroll. Same guys every month continually failing. Not saying people don't ease through the micros but a majority don't.

It's far more profitable anyway to play the mttsng's on stars. Easy to learn and a huge ROI is attainable in them. You'll hit 1-2k way before you will playing micro cash by mass-tabling them and then if you want you can always switch back to cash rolled for decent stakes where you might actually learn something. I've given this advice before and no one ever listens though. I had $62 in my account at the start of the year, now comfortably rolled to play 200nl.
interesting.Got a few $ hanging on stars doing nothing.What books/vids would you recommend for mtt noobs?


/derail
06-04-2013 , 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahDoll1987
So I've had a pretty good start to the month!
I've enjoyed this thread. I would add though that in my experience that tilt control is one of the most important factors in poker. When things are going well like above everything is great and poker is the best thing ever.. but when a downswing occurs its important not to go too far the other way. Took me years to be able to cope and be rational during downswings, but its real important imo.

GL with the challenge OP.
06-04-2013 , 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I*heart*MaryKiani
interesting.Got a few $ hanging on stars doing nothing.What books/vids would you recommend for mtt noobs?


/derail
Just play ABC TAG. You could also check beginners forum stickies and MSNL-MTT stickies etc.
06-04-2013 , 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I*heart*MaryKiani
interesting.Got a few $ hanging on stars doing nothing.What books/vids would you recommend for mtt noobs?


/derail
I've never watched or read anything on mtts but i think there is some guides and other helpful stuff out there if you are a novice. Maybe someone else itt can help with that one?
06-04-2013 , 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechFold
best advice itt





worst advice itt
+1000
Yeah a high variance 60/40 game will help her with tilt and build a roll. Loladvice


Sent from my SGH-T769 using 2+2 Forums
06-04-2013 , 04:51 PM
People dat say 10 NL is difficult to beat make me lol so hard.
06-04-2013 , 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnxbye
People dat say 10 NL is difficult to beat make me lol so hard.
It isn't difficult but a lot of people have neither the mentality or patience for it. My point was that the time spent playing 10nl would be better served playing a different form of poker (mttsngs) when starting out on a small bankroll due to it being more profitable. If OP really just wants a couple thousand $ for a tit job she could do it practically variance free if she just grinded them for the rest of the year anyway.
06-04-2013 , 07:29 PM
Wow there's been a lot of replies since I last checked..

Umm, about SnG's.. I've never done too great in them. I think I'm a lifetime loser in them overall.. I guess I could try learn to get better in them, but I do kinda like cash games, so I'll probably keep that as my main game. I was watching a video on Leggo Poker earlier though where the instructor was saying that once a week he plays a different game, just so he's not always doing the same thing.. I think that'd be a pretty good idea.. I could grind micro's for 6 days and then for 1 day try grinding SnG's and try improve in them..

Today's session didn't go great. I lost about 3 buyins at NL5, but it could be worse I guess. I won $6.60 in T$ from FPP satellites, which I used to play in a $7 18 man turbo and did ok in that. Came 3rd for about $23.. It's kinda a shame though! 10bb and I got it in with AQ and was up against AK, but I guess that happens!

So overall, I'm actually in a slight profit now today lol
06-05-2013 , 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HU4hoes
Lolsngs
he he, eye on the price buddy, eye on the price. Whatever get's us to boobs right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahDoll1987
I never do great in SnG's... And not really sure how to get better... I do have $11 T$ that I got from a 70 FPP satellite this morning so might try some $1 SnG's.. Which ones would you recommend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahDoll1987
Umm, about SnG's.. I've never done too great in them. I think I'm a lifetime loser in them overall.. I guess I could try learn to get better in them, but I do kinda like cash games, so I'll probably keep that as my main game. I was watching a video on Leggo Poker earlier though where the instructor was saying that once a week he plays a different game, just so he's not always doing the same thing.. I think that'd be a pretty good idea.. I could grind micro's for 6 days and then for 1 day try grinding SnG's and try improve in them..
I think playing something different on the side of your main game is a pretty good idea. It can help prevent you from burning out or even keeping you from going into bot-mode. If cash game is your favorite def stick to it 95% of the time, but SNGs could be the way to go to diversify a little, or the odd MTT, or maybe PLO (oh, the horror). Only you can answer what it'll be.

When it comes to SNGs, variance is huge and it increases the shallower the stacks get and the faster the structure become. Studying ICM and getting your game together is pretty important before you venture into them. The lower the buy in the more fish you'll meet obv, but still a bit of preparation would be good to not crush your SNG hopes from the get go. You also have MTTsngs which is quite fun and is a "bridge" between SNGs and MTTs. Takes less time, but requires much of the same skill set.

I can PM you some stuff where you can pick up a decent starting strategy, but it all comes down to whether or not you have time and willingness to put in some effort to get to a buy in level where the money matters (and the rake doesn't suck too bad).

I find SNGs fun - I think you will too, even if you only play them as fillers to your main game
06-05-2013 , 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexnorge
he he, eye on the price buddy, eye on the price. Whatever get's us to boobs right?





I think playing something different on the side of your main game is a pretty good idea. It can help prevent you from burning out or even keeping you from going into bot-mode. If cash game is your favorite def stick to it 95% of the time, but SNGs could be the way to go to diversify a little, or the odd MTT, or maybe PLO (oh, the horror). Only you can answer what it'll be.

When it comes to SNGs, variance is huge and it increases the shallower the stacks get and the faster the structure become. Studying ICM and getting your game together is pretty important before you venture into them. The lower the buy in the more fish you'll meet obv, but still a bit of preparation would be good to not crush your SNG hopes from the get go. You also have MTTsngs which is quite fun and is a "bridge" between SNGs and MTTs. Takes less time, but requires much of the same skill set.

I can PM you some stuff where you can pick up a decent starting strategy, but it all comes down to whether or not you have time and willingness to put in some effort to get to a buy in level where the money matters (and the rake doesn't suck too bad).

I find SNGs fun - I think you will too, even if you only play them as fillers to your main game
I'd be interested in any free beginners stuff,it's fun to learn a new game.
06-05-2013 , 05:19 AM
^sure thing

Spoiler:
but you need to perform a boob job. still in?
06-05-2013 , 06:35 AM
Can we re-eval the 2+2 donations/rich man friend ideas?
06-05-2013 , 06:57 AM
PLO SS - whole roll on table FTW!!!

      
m