Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs!

08-31-2013 , 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicestain100
Nice setup! You ever actually wear the ftops jersey? You've gotta be tempted...
Anyways, good luck! Do it for Becky!!
I've worn it once. Not massively comfortable tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishshaikh
Yo ginger how much did the monitors cost you and what's the resolution and can you plz post the ebay link here thanks.
Cost about 450/$650 each including shipping. Resolution is 2560x1600 I think, or thereabouts at least. Ebay link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAKASI-3...item3384c69778

Be warned, they emit a LOT of heat (I have to have a fan pointing at me basically the entire time I'm sitting at my computer) and you'll need a Korea -> your country plug adapter. The seller does not speak very good English and the third one I ordered got damaged in shipping, so I'm trying to negotiate getting a refund or swapping it for a non-broken one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellysAshes
Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted, just one moment, would you capture it or just let it slip Becky?
No idea what you're talking about. Besides, obviously, the Eminem lyrics.
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
08-31-2013 , 10:15 PM
Two 2nds and a 1st today - the 8cubed on Stars, Hot 100 on .fr, and shipped the 888 saturday challenge. Total of about 9k in scores leaves me in about 1.5k makeup. If I won all three it would have been a triple crown! Still I'll settle for not having a triple crown of 2nds

GL tomorrow all!
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-01-2013 , 08:47 AM
Very nice Ginger! Hope the rungood carries over into today! glgl
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-01-2013 , 09:29 AM
RUN BETTER, GINGE!
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-01-2013 , 09:54 AM
says you.
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-02-2013 , 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theginger45
Two 2nds and a 1st today - the 8cubed on Stars, Hot 100 on .fr, and shipped the 888 saturday challenge. Total of about 9k in scores leaves me in about 1.5k makeup. If I won all three it would have been a triple crown! Still I'll settle for not having a triple crown of 2nds

GL tomorrow all!
caging.
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-02-2013 , 03:11 AM
nice setup except for ****box tv, needs an upgrade, even gaming needs to be in style
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-02-2013 , 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest17
nice setup except for ****box tv, needs an upgrade, even gaming needs to be in style
I have a 43in LED TV just out of shot. That CRT TV is only there because I already have my Xbox 360 and Wii connected to the other one, and I need somewhere for my N64/PS2/Master System II.

In other news guys, my first video is going up on TPE tomorrow! Very excited to see what people think. Hope everyone likes it.
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-02-2013 , 10:04 PM
is your first video going to be long and of your gameplay?
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-02-2013 , 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest17
is your first video going to be long and of your gameplay?
It's a five-part hand history review of my SCOOP final table run from May this year. I'll probably do a live sweat video at some point but I don't think they're particularly educational since 80% of the hands are just folding. I did a trial run at a couple of live videos just for practice the other week and it just wasn't that interesting.

I think a much better format is when coaches record their play and then add commentary at a later date, since the footage can be paused to talk about interesting hands. It's almost impossible to give a full, detailed analysis of one hand while you're trying to play hands at other tables.
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-02-2013 , 10:59 PM
Looking forward to the new videos.

An idea that I've never come across.. but thought could be intersting.. would be commentary of a live video. It would probably take quite a bit of editing but doing something like:

- Live video with commentary
- Go back at a later time and pick out the big/important hands from the live video and talk about things like spots you missed, hands you misplayed, and even comment on your commentary like in live play you say x, but seeing it as review you see that is clearly wrong because of y. Basically, you get to critique both your play and your thought process.
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-02-2013 , 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_W0lf
Looking forward to the new videos.

An idea that I've never come across.. but thought could be intersting.. would be commentary of a live video. It would probably take quite a bit of editing but doing something like:

- Live video with commentary
- Go back at a later time and pick out the big/important hands from the live video and talk about things like spots you missed, hands you misplayed, and even comment on your commentary like in live play you say x, but seeing it as review you see that is clearly wrong because of y. Basically, you get to critique both your play and your thought process.
Yeah, that's basically exactly what I'm gonna do. It wouldn't take much editing at all, since you just replay the live video, boot up Camtasia and record the screen, and then pause the video every time an interesting hand comes up, or fast forward it when not much is happening.

In my limited experience so far, the majority of the editing comes when you say something that shouldn't make it into the video, like expressing yourself in a way that's difficult to understand, or skipping out some important info, or missing a key part of the tournament that didn't actually involve you. That happened when making my first HH series - I was skipping between hands I played, and realised I missed an important bustout at the table, so I had to go back, record audio for the hand that the guy busted out on, and splice it back together in the right place.
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-03-2013 , 02:07 AM
Looking forward to the vids ginger. Any idea on a date they'll be up?
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-03-2013 , 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthndlln
Looking forward to the vids ginger. Any idea on a date they'll be up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theginger45
In other news guys, my first video is going up on TPE tomorrow! Very excited to see what people think. Hope everyone likes it.
Yw
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-03-2013 , 02:19 AM
lol.
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-03-2013 , 08:37 AM
Lol duh. Thnx adi 😛
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-03-2013 , 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthndlln
Lol duh. Thnx adi ��
Crushed
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-03-2013 , 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthndlln
Looking forward to the vids ginger. Any idea on a date they'll be up?
They're strat vids, not man porn
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-03-2013 , 10:21 AM
Epic thread, keep up the good work
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-12-2013 , 11:10 AM
very good thread, gl!
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-13-2013 , 12:01 AM
I've enjoyed reading this thread for a while but I just wanted to say this: I love the fact that you are a huge film buff. I didn't aspire to go to film school until after I got my degree in professional writing. And I picked that major b/c I had to have one. I really just went to college to play baseball. I don't even use my degree.

Anyway, one year I looked at classes under the film majors at schools like NYU, UCLA, American University in DC, and USC and just drooled over the courses I could take. But couldn't afford going back to school

As you can see by my name Bogie is one of my favorite actors. Bogart was already taken on PS so I did mcbogart (a slight homage to McQueen as well). My favorite actor though is Paul Newman.

Interestingly enough, my favorite countries to watch movies from are Korea and the UK. I can't get enough. I think the most innovative writers and directors come from those countries.

If you ever want to just talk film and poker, hit me up on skype. I can PM you my name.
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-13-2013 , 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbogart
I've enjoyed reading this thread for a while but I just wanted to say this: I love the fact that you are a huge film buff. I didn't aspire to go to film school until after I got my degree in professional writing. And I picked that major b/c I had to have one. I really just went to college to play baseball. I don't even use my degree.

Anyway, one year I looked at classes under the film majors at schools like NYU, UCLA, American University in DC, and USC and just drooled over the courses I could take. But couldn't afford going back to school

As you can see by my name Bogie is one of my favorite actors. Bogart was already taken on PS so I did mcbogart (a slight homage to McQueen as well). My favorite actor though is Paul Newman.

Interestingly enough, my favorite countries to watch movies from are Korea and the UK. I can't get enough. I think the most innovative writers and directors come from those countries.

If you ever want to just talk film and poker, hit me up on skype. I can PM you my name.
Hey man, thanks for reading. To be 100% honest, I'd describe myself as more of a TV buff than a film buff. I certainly love film as well, but I think I'm more knowledgeable about TV. There are a ton of really classic movies (particularly older classics such as the works of some of the guys you mention) that I just haven't seen, which would be pretty criminal to anyone calling themselves a genuine film buff.

I think the crux of it, though, is that I just love storytelling, in whatever format. I'm really feeding my passion for comic books lately (I'm reading Watchmen, and it's so much better than the movie it makes me hate Zack Snyder), and even though I don't get the time to read too many novels these days, it was spending 2+ hours a night reading books before I went to bed that was my lifeblood as a kid. So in general, when it comes to my future, I just want to tell stories. I honestly don't really mind too much what format they come in.
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-13-2013 , 07:50 AM
just read one of your posts about 'runner runner', legit laughed out loud. that combined with your quinn post in ootv has made you one of my fave tv/film critic

do you play many video games? just wondering cos wondered if you had played the last of us?
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-13-2013 , 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikkonen3
just read one of your posts about 'runner runner', legit laughed out loud. that combined with your quinn post in ootv has made you one of my fave tv/film critic

do you play many video games? just wondering cos wondered if you had played the last of us?
Haha, thanks man. I assume the Quinn post was something to do with Quinn from Dexter and his terribleness, although Quinn from Homeland is my favourite TV Quinn these days since he's such a badass.

I play a lot of videogames, I grew up on my Sega Master System II and my Nintendo 64 (the latter of which I still play all the time, the former I'm still trying to get working again on my TV) and my PS2 (also not really working these days), but I didn't have a new console for a long time until I got my Xbox 360 after binking the Big 109 last year. I still have a ton of games in my library I haven't played on there, and I just got a Wii as well which isn't gonna speed things up haha. I've pre-ordered (or rather, reserved - haven't paid my 500 yet) an Xbox One so I'm excited about that. Unfortunately I've never had the chance to play The Last of Us as I don't have a PS3, but I've heard it's awesome. I might watch one of those 'cut-scene movie' videos on YouTube just to sample the story.
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote
09-13-2013 , 09:57 PM
gl with frenchies mate
F*** goals, it's time to crush some MTTs! Quote

      
m