Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it D7's 2018 PGC: back at it

07-02-2018 , 02:49 PM
Big +1 to most of what Kyle is saying. Current short strategy is to basically avoid them outside of quarterly financial reports time for tech companies, because its an industry I do a lot of research on and share prices do tend to mirror recent performance/news.

Assume you don't have access to trailing stop losses on CFDs wherever you're shorting D7?
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
07-02-2018 , 03:00 PM
I read that if you had sub 1 million $ your best return trading would be through micro caps
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
07-03-2018 , 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangal_
Big +1 to most of what Kyle is saying. Current short strategy is to basically avoid them outside of quarterly financial reports time for tech companies, because its an industry I do a lot of research on and share prices do tend to mirror recent performance/news.

Assume you don't have access to trailing stop losses on CFDs wherever you're shorting D7?
[ ] Kyle
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
07-03-2018 , 05:36 AM
My bad, similar 2p2 names!
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
07-03-2018 , 06:39 AM
i thought ishipkq and shipit2kg were the same person for years
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
07-03-2018 , 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor877
i thought ishipkq and shipit2kg were the same person for years
i love them both but they have about as much in common as a dog and a designer chair
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
07-03-2018 , 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor877
what the ****kk


Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerarb
I have a good buddy from grad school who is also convinced TSLA is a 0. The problem is timing and solvency. That stock can do anything.

I'm pretty bearish on crypto, real estate faang and TSLA but think taking a stand is not a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangal_
Bet you were ****ting it this morning when the TSLA premarkets were released and the share price was up 6 points. Nice retrace since then, however.

Glgl with the stock ventures, that's where a lot of my attention has been over the past 2 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by max85
My old man has been a trader for 30+ years before computers started manipulating the market. Naturally Iíve made a number of trades, mainly ipos and speculative mining stocks and have been slammed.

To be successful I believe you need to read non stop and research like there is no tomorrow, because trading without knowledge is suicide.

Gl mate


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishipkq
if i had to short any stock it would without any doubt be tesla. the thing about shorting is that the upside is at max 100%, while the downside. when you invest in microcaps the upside can be 10000%+.

and ofc betting against tesla is also a bet against the american economy, which is the strongest economy in history

i started trading stocks 5 years ago or so and at one point i was shorting some companies, in retrospect i think it was a mistake for a bunch of different reasons. i think it's better to find very cheap companies amid all the thrash stocks there are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangal_
Big +1 to most of what Kyle is saying. Current short strategy is to basically avoid them outside of quarterly financial reports time for tech companies, because its an industry I do a lot of research on and share prices do tend to mirror recent performance/news.

Assume you don't have access to trailing stop losses on CFDs wherever you're shorting D7?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoblade
I read that if you had sub 1 million $ your best return trading would be through micro caps
Appreciate all the thoughts on this guys.

Let's be clear about one thing - I am a pretty big advocate of EMH, to the point where I didn't want to buy crypto in March last year because people were charging 4% vig BTC for stars I certainly don't believe I can do research that can give me an edge over trader hotshot boiys with billions at their disposal, research teams, news searching algos etc etc. I think with stock stuff, like most forms of gambling, people are very quick to believe they have an edge, have a tendency to be cavalier about the risks they take and (most of all) find it very easy to attach a narrative to basically any set of events. I was fully aware from outset that there was every possibility **** would hit the fan and I'd get wiped out (for an amount I decided I'd be happy to lose). It's happened to go extremely well, but I do feel fairly certainly I'd not be panicking if it hadn't, and I am still going to stick to the plan I laid out and just hold my position for probably a few months at least. I'm also not going to randomly start trading a bunch of different companies/positions cause I happened to get lucky with my first shot - I know there's no way I can know better than the large teams of professionals who's job it is to price those things.

Also just to note gonzo - with leverage you can make any amount of X on a short, obv varying levels of risk but yeah - I'm already > 100% on the capital I have exposed (6.1kGBP)



Quote:
Originally Posted by TimStone
[ ] Kyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangal_
My bad, similar 2p2 names!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor877
i thought ishipkq and shipit2kg were the same person for years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimStone
i love them both but they have about as much in common as a dog and a designer chair
Lmao, also had this confusion.

=========================

5k hands played in the last 2 days, gonna take it easy tonight and watch the second half of the England game before a good solid grind later on. Volunteering tomorrow, hopefully climbing at some point aswel. Edinburgh is literally a paradise just now, sun doesn't shine often but god damn, when it does there's nowhere better
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
07-03-2018 , 03:25 PM
Massive +1 to people naively believing they have an edge over the markets.

As a recent (rather average) Economics grad I disagree with the premise of EMH somewhat. One reason would be the momentum effect which I think we saw have a large effect on the Alt markets in late 2017 with random coins seeing huge rises in prices (albeit over a small period of time). The CDOís is another example of the huge inefficiencies that can be present in the market. That being said, I think itís extremely difficult to beat the market and the vast, vast majority of people are much better off with index funds etc.

Wrt the Tesla talk itís not something Iíve looked into in much detail and is far more risk than Iím willing to take on at this stage but Iíd be inclined to agree with you.

Please feel free to pick apart any inconsistencies in the above, Iíve quickly posted it whilst on the train / sweating England!

Iíve been loving the recent updates, one of my fav PGCís atm. Do you have any knowledge of Edinburgh live games? A small part of me is toying with a move north of the border!
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
07-04-2018 , 06:29 PM
Great update, sick picture and have fun in Playa!!! ;-)
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
07-18-2018 , 01:03 PM
You believe in the EMH yet sold tesla but refused to buy crypto? If anything, crypto is the one thing that is almost impossible to value.
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
07-18-2018 , 09:44 PM
<------- designer chair or the dog? its a toss up imo

ironically enough, i just got done shorting tsla from 369, covered it all @ 305 on dat gap down daily and oversold hourly. most profitable swing trade in legacy markets yet

bfi tsla thread = toothsayer has turned me bearish

where you trading donald?

glgl!
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
08-05-2018 , 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj294
Massive +1 to people naively believing they have an edge over the markets.

As a recent (rather average) Economics grad I disagree with the premise of EMH somewhat. One reason would be the momentum effect which I think we saw have a large effect on the Alt markets in late 2017 with random coins seeing huge rises in prices (albeit over a small period of time). The CDOís is another example of the huge inefficiencies that can be present in the market. That being said, I think itís extremely difficult to beat the market and the vast, vast majority of people are much better off with index funds etc.

Wrt the Tesla talk itís not something Iíve looked into in much detail and is far more risk than Iím willing to take on at this stage but Iíd be inclined to agree with you.

Please feel free to pick apart any inconsistencies in the above, Iíve quickly posted it whilst on the train / sweating England!

Iíve been loving the recent updates, one of my fav PGCís atm. Do you have any knowledge of Edinburgh live games? A small part of me is toying with a move north of the border!
Glad you're enjoying! I don't know the live scene at all here, I'm fairly sure a cash game runs every night down at fountainbridge but I think it's just 1/2 maybe with some straddles depending. IIRC there's minimal rake but dealers aren't casino staff so tipping is horrible blend of mandatory/discretionary... I didn't end up going to vegas this year, but I'm once again tempted by the idea of sorting it for next summer - in which case I'll probably head down there beforehand to find my live feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMADNAV
Great update, sick picture and have fun in Playa!!! ;-)
Cheers bro! Been here almost a week now, my blood still needs to thin out a bit more, slowly weaning myself off that beautiful A/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmann
You believe in the EMH yet sold tesla but refused to buy crypto? If anything, crypto is the one thing that is almost impossible to value.
I do have a little chunk of crypto, maybe about 5% of my NW, I just resisted buying during peak hype phase and thought I was a clever ****er for selling in mid-november at like 11k, then buying back in greater size in march/april time when it had 'crashed' to like 11k

In general I do believe that the markets do an extremely good job of pricing stuff, especially in the short term and especially comparatively to other publicly traded assets. That said in this specific instance I do think tesla is more of a media phenomenon than anything else, I think over time people might lose faith in Elon the saviour as the more established car companies start delivering better quality alternatives and more established software companies start delivering autonomous driving solutions that work as advertised/don't kill people.



Of course, every chance I'm wrong about this and I end up busto'ing my account, it seems like they're planning to post their first every profitable quarters ever this year, which could definitely lead to the ATH being challenged, but their convertible bonds are paying investors a pretty large premium so I don't think I'm much immediate danger of hitting my $400 stoploss. I'm paying something like $8/day in stock borrowing charges (Tesla is the most shorted stock in the world) so seems like a better chance I'll just be raked to death before showing any kind of profit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipit2kg
<------- designer chair or the dog? its a toss up imo

ironically enough, i just got done shorting tsla from 369, covered it all @ 305 on dat gap down daily and oversold hourly. most profitable swing trade in legacy markets yet

bfi tsla thread = toothsayer has turned me bearish

where you trading donald?

glgl!
Trading (by which I mean holding 2 positions) on IG. Toothsayer is a ****ing boss, by far the best poster in BFI. My other position besides short 200 tesla is short 15 shares netflix. #fanboy #cuck

==========================


Q: A PGC stops getting updated. Why?
A: OP is getting stomped LDO

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

Going through something of a tough spell just now. I'm down about 30BI/$17k of AIEV over the last 65k hands. Been here many times before, I'm even a decent chunk above EV for that time so it's not the end of the world by any stretch of the imagination, but it doesn't make it any more enjoyable. On top of that, Tesla managed to rally about 60 points after posting their quarterly earnings ($12k downtick), Bitcoin continuing it's slow slide...... it's not all that fun.

What has been going well is BitB Cash, a few students have been absolutely dominating the last few months, and we've made some really good additions to the squad in the last little while.

The other good news is that I'm out here in Mexico and I've got myself on a decent schedule already - it really is a massive bonus to be able to start playing peak time games at midday rather than 6pm. Gonna get my head down and crank out some good volume both coaching and at the tables and see to it that I play my way back into black numbers before too long.

Took the night off after a rough session yesterday, met up with some grinders to watch UFC 227 - damn it was epic. Ended up betting with a friend on Cejudo and TJ, inconsequential money but damn it felt good to book a win

Was planning a break from BJJ while I'm here but turns out my place is on the opposite corner from an MMA gym so I'll probably go in and check it out at some point. Made my triumphant return to the basketball courts this week, my shooting hasn't got any better in the 2-3 years since I last played, but luckily I'm still a tall **** who can run and jump so I'm somewhat useful just by default

That's it for now, GL out there!

D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
08-05-2018 , 02:19 PM
Pleasent read this, gl getting back to peak.

UFC 229 prediction?
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
08-05-2018 , 07:42 PM
Gl M8, how's things with the army going ATM? Will be sweating, all the best for rest of the year m8
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
08-06-2018 , 07:12 PM
Pretty great read glgl
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
08-13-2018 , 12:58 PM
https://www.unilad.co.uk/technology/...ntire-holiday/

is this you in the bg playing poker
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
08-13-2018 , 03:09 PM
Definitely is and Frankie
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
08-13-2018 , 04:00 PM
Ahahha all the boys getting filmed drinking and playing cards on the train to dam
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
08-13-2018 , 04:34 PM
the legend coinflipsi
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
08-13-2018 , 08:34 PM
loooooooool
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
08-14-2018 , 04:27 AM
Ahahahahahahaha thatís amazing
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
08-14-2018 , 05:11 AM
hahahah
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
08-14-2018 , 10:44 AM
Looool had seen that video before but somehow missed the unmistakable mayo hair
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
08-14-2018 , 01:35 PM
lmaaao
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote
08-16-2018 , 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d7o1d1s0
I do have a little chunk of crypto, maybe about 5% of my NW, I just resisted buying during peak hype phase and thought I was a clever ****er for selling in mid-november at like 11k, then buying back in greater size in march/april time when it had 'crashed' to like 11k
WP

Quote:
I'm paying something like $8/day in stock borrowing charges
How did you manage this? Do you still have a short open or was the fee rate somehow much lower back when you did short?

I made the mistake of holding a short overnight of about $10k worth recently and woke up to over 2% borrowing fees the next day. Puts ftw
D7's 2018 PGC: back at it Quote

      
m