Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Blogs and Goals Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 04:13 AM   #176
z0mgtiltz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
z0mgtiltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GetDatSzechuan McNuggetSauce
Posts: 10,867
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Lol, you still don't call it a valuebet. It's setting up a 3barrel bluff.
z0mgtiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #177
phenomenal
old hand
 
phenomenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FINLANDIA
Posts: 1,524
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mgtiltz View Post
Lol, you still don't call it a valuebet. It's setting up a 3barrel bluff.
I though this way too until couple days ago. Seems like Stasia can. The more I think of it, this way, the more I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasia4242 View Post
Some weird hands from last 2 days:

Hand 1: VS Lagish violent reg


PokerStars - $10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $1,289.34
BTN: $2,621.29
SB: $1,982.05
Hero (BB): $1,015.00

SB posts SB $5.00, Hero posts BB $10.00

Pre Flop: ($15.00) Hero has T A

fold, BTN raises to $20.00, fold, Hero raises to $80.00, BTN calls $60.00

Flop: ($165.00, 2 players) K 6 K
Hero bets $101.37, BTN calls $101.37

Turn: ($367.74, 2 players) Q
Hero bets $194.10, BTN calls $194.10

River: ($755.94, 2 players) J
Hero checks, BTN bets $2,245.82 and is all-in, Hero calls $639.53 and is all-in

Spoiler:


Flop and turn bets are for value, river prob gonna shove any river except A/T/J where I go to check-call mode to induce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomenal View Post
How can you call flop & turn value bets ? As a bluff vs pocket pairs I would understand. Don't see worse Ax calling alot. Just because he has small some of the time these are value bets ? You have the ace of aswell. OTR he turns more pairs into bluff than calls a river shove ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasia4242 View Post
I call it value bets not because I'm stronger than him currently, but because he's gonna fold to river shove most of the time, and I get huge value from him calling flop+turn and folding river...
phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #178
stasia4242
adept
 
stasia4242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 814
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomenal View Post
Being deep makes it worst in my eyes. I want people to fold when I 3bet scs. I think it is bad if I 3bet with 100bb someone OOP with 86s who never folds to 3bets. Twice as bad if it is 200bb deep. You count 86s as some super nutty hand post flop when it hits ? That allows you to get in 200bb deep always good post. Or you just own people deep and make them fold too much at some point ?
I don't own anybody deep, especially OOP, but IMO 86s in 200bb is better than AQo... OFC I might be wrong but that's my way of thinking.

People call looser ranges when 200bb deep with position than 100bb with position, so accordingly you can 3bet looser too.
stasia4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #179
stasia4242
adept
 
stasia4242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 814
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mgtiltz View Post
Lol, you still don't call it a valuebet. It's setting up a 3barrel bluff.
You say Tomato…

As long as we both understand the concept in our head, u can call it "setting up a 3barrel bluff", I can call it value-betting my non-showdown graph, and someone else can call it "exploiting weak-calling-station-opponents who like to fold rivers to further aggression"

W/E
stasia4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #180
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 13,103
Tom-ehh-to?

Garffff4julymissingITT
blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #181
stasia4242
adept
 
stasia4242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 814
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkman08 View Post
Tom-ehh-to?

Garffff4julymissingITT
Working on a long monthly summary, was kinda crazy month, will post everything prob today, maximum tomorrow...
stasia4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #182
Glanza_Mike
Pooh-Bah
 
Glanza_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,098
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

maximum today imo
Glanza_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #183
phenomenal
old hand
 
phenomenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FINLANDIA
Posts: 1,524
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasia4242 View Post
I don't own anybody deep, especially OOP, but IMO 86s in 200bb is better than AQo... OFC I might be wrong but that's my way of thinking.

People call looser ranges when 200bb deep with position than 100bb with position, so accordingly you can 3bet looser too.
Generally speaking I tend play my top pair hands that AQ gives me the same way 100-200bb deep than I would play them 100bb deep. I just bet bigger flop and turn to set up the river shove. At 200-300bb this would start to get scary. Then I could see 86s be better than AQ vs some TAGs.
phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:52 AM   #184
goranbaxy
old hand
 
goranbaxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 1,362
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Hi stasia4242,

can you say where could I start learning deep game? I have played so far mostly 100bb games and I would like to move to deep games with antes. Any good videos or articles you can recomend?

Also, would 39/30/13 (VPIP/PFR/3bet) be ok?

thanks
goranbaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #185
phenomenal
old hand
 
phenomenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FINLANDIA
Posts: 1,524
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasia4242 View Post
You say Tomato…
The more I think everything in terms of value the more I like it.

I am not betting the nuts because I have the best hand but because it has value in it.
I am not bluffing because I don't have the best hand or I want him to fold or I think he is going to fold but because it has value in it.
I am not 3betting AA this time not because I want to "mix things up" or I want to be tricky but because this time flatting has more value in it.
I brush my teeth because there is value in not having them fall out.
phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #186
stasia4242
adept
 
stasia4242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 814
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomenal View Post
The more I think everything in terms of value the more I like it.

I am not betting the nuts because I have the best hand but because it has value in it.
I am not bluffing because I don't have the best hand or I want him to fold or I think he is going to fold but because it has value in it.
I am not 3betting AA this time not because I want to "mix things up" or I want to be tricky but because this time flatting has more value in it.
I brush my teeth because there is value in not having them fall out.
+1000000

I think I took it one level higher IMO, and nowadays I think about things EV relative... For example, regarding your "not gonna 3bet Aces here..", I try to think about it as "because of current dynamics, I think flatting my aces here gives me more EV than 3betting them" (although 3betting aces will always be EV+ OBV).

The difference is somewhat non-existant, but W/E
stasia4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #187
stasia4242
adept
 
stasia4242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 814
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Quote:
Originally Posted by goranbaxy View Post
Hi stasia4242,

can you say where could I start learning deep game? I have played so far mostly 100bb games and I would like to move to deep games with antes. Any good videos or articles you can recomend?

Also, would 39/30/13 (VPIP/PFR/3bet) be ok?

thanks
Actually I kind of play eat by ear... The beauty of deep poker IMO is that every style, when played well, will be very profitable... 39/30 will be cool, 42/22 will be great, the only thing that prob wouldn't work is the standard 23/18

I think best way to learn about deep poker (and on the way about your own playing style) is just play it... u can start from 50NL and move up if u win. About a year ago I started building up my bankroll very fast due to 200NL deep games, where I could earn 25 bb/100 easily...
stasia4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #188
goranbaxy
old hand
 
goranbaxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 1,362
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

how much could nl50 reg that plays solid expect to have winrate, I know it's general question, but if you could make a guess, let's say that player have 7bb/100 on regular tables and adjust ok to deep tables, would it be bigger? how much?

Thanks
goranbaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #189
BH2
grinder
 
BH2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 662
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Do you think deep NL has more variance than 100bb
BH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #190
stasia4242
adept
 
stasia4242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 814
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Quote:
Originally Posted by goranbaxy View Post
how much could nl50 reg that plays solid expect to have winrate, I know it's general question, but if you could make a guess, let's say that player have 7bb/100 on regular tables and adjust ok to deep tables, would it be bigger? how much?

Thanks
Depends how you adapt I guess, but I would think that if you play 50NL with 7bb/100, and you go on playing 50NL deep tables vs the same guys, then I would say it will be definitely higher, some random-lie guess would be 13bb/100.

Main point being just give it a shot you can always go back to 100bb tables. I can tell you for a fact that as soon as a regular tables becomes suddenly a deep table (mostly due to aggro fish sitting) then I think my edge goes up the roof even vs very solid regs, because I have lots of hands played at deep tables...
stasia4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #191
stasia4242
adept
 
stasia4242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 814
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH2 View Post
Do you think deep NL has more variance than 100bb
I actually think it has way-way less variance than 100bb tables.

Simple example would be your AK/QQ that will go all-in pre-flop way less frequently. Not to mention "standard" situation of set-vs-set, flush-vs-flush etc.

I once saw a Phil Galfond vid where he played 400NL + 600NL (I was playing 400NL then), and they absolutely crushed him. So he wraps the video earlier than he thought, semi-tilted, and then he spends the next ten minutes discussing deep poker tables vs 100bb tables, found it very interesting.
stasia4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #192
stasia4242
adept
 
stasia4242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 814
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Anyways, July's summary.

Was one of the toughest months of my poker carrier, both mentally and result-wise. I added 1KNL after the first week, and 2KNL (when there was a good game. Actually, every time there was a game, cause if there is one, it must be good ), where the competition was tough, regs were good and solid (ofc not everybody, but still..) and the tables were few.

Don't want to make it a paragraph digging, so gonna try the dot approach..

Bad things that happened this month:

* EV-Expected-wise, 7000$ below EV.

* AA hand down 4k at 1KNL, on 7k hands.

* Total winrate of 4bb/100 (lowest since mid 2011).

* First losing month since started tracking my results (Since January 2011).


Good things that happened this month:

* Played a total of 64K hands (usually around 40K).

* Finally crushed 600NL, almost 9bb/100 on 17K hands.

* I feel that both my poker understanding, and my poker game are at their peak.

* I feel my mental strength is higher than ever.

* Started Legalization process of my online activity in Israel (Tax payment-wise).

===========

Bottom line = Down 3,000$, which is like 4 buy-ins, so no biggie.


Monthly Graph in $$:




Monthly Graph in BB (looks better IMO ):




At July I really wanted to take a shot, so didn't go to my exams (we have two possible exam periods), and now came August, and the second period of the same exams, which I must finish if I want this university stuff to ever end, so prob not gonna have the same volume Still, I believe I can be at least break-even at 1KNL for August, and from there on the skies are the limit.

"The end of the Challenge Thread looks closer than ever"
(random poker pro before going busto in a month) :P


And finally, please welcome.... give her some love... Favourite hand of the month!!


PokerStars - $4 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $423.84
Hero (BTN): $482.65
SB: $1,123.56
BB: $429.82
UTG: $765.20
MP: $400.00

SB posts SB $2.00, BB posts BB $4.00

Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero has A Q

UTG raises to $10.00, MP calls $10.00, fold, Hero calls $10.00, fold, BB raises to $36.00, UTG calls $26.00, MP calls $26.00, Hero raises to $102.00, fold, fold, fold

Hero wins $146.00


Hihi

Last edited by stasia4242; 08-02-2012 at 02:48 PM.
stasia4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #193
phenomenal
old hand
 
phenomenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FINLANDIA
Posts: 1,524
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

They all had AJ
phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #194
stasia4242
adept
 
stasia4242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 814
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Did a small poker break due to massive exam period + figured I played too many hands in July, which gave the regs the opportunity to know me better, and figure out ways to exploit my obvious leaks (I'm Israeli so like to call / spew).

Anyways... Still I feel kinda obligated to play a Saturday sess, so here's some interesting / weird hands from yesterday...


Hand 1: Vs great reg


PokerStars - $10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): $1,989.00
UTG: $1,000.00
CO: $503.87
BTN: $1,000.00
SB: $1,230.24

SB posts SB $5.00, Hero posts BB $10.00

Pre Flop: ($15.00) Hero has T Q

fold, fold, BTN raises to $20.00, SB raises to $80.00, Hero raises to $192.00, fold, SB raises to $350.00, Hero calls $158.00

Flop: ($720.00, 2 players) 2 Q 9
SB bets $210.00, Hero calls $210.00

Turn: ($1140.00, 2 players) 9
SB checks, Hero bets $1,429.00 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins $1,137.00

Was kinda tightish on the specific table, and both other villains were very active on the table (both regs) so figured it's a nice spot to take some easy $$ , SB tanked for a bit and prob realized what I'm doing..


Hand 2: Vs an OK-reg



PokerStars - $10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): $2,576.00
UTG: $1,000.00
MP: $468.87
CO: $1,050.00
BTN: $1,210.00
SB: $1,000.00

SB posts SB $5.00, Hero posts BB $10.00

Pre Flop: ($15.00) Hero has 3 3

UTG raises to $20.00, fold, CO calls $20.00, fold, fold, Hero calls $10.00

Flop: ($65.00, 3 players) 8 3 9
Hero checks, UTG bets $46.56, CO raises to $150.00, Hero raises to $296.57, fold, CO calls $146.57

Turn: ($704.70, 2 players) 7
Hero checks, CO bets $190.00, Hero calls $190.00

River: ($1084.70, 2 players) 4
Hero checks, CO checks

Spoiler:


This hand was really weird... plan on turn was to check-fold (couldn't find a single hand that I beat with this turn), but his sizing was so... River plan was to check-call any bet/shove.

Weird hand because I always try to stick to my hand-plan, and this was one of the few hands in the last year where I drastically changed my plan 3 times during the hand.


And for last "MEH" hand, vs a decent reg who kinda played it bad IMO...

PokerStars - $10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $1,163.10
MP: $1,161.21
CO: $698.14
Hero (BTN): $1,351.52
SB: $1,051.74
BB: $1,547.82

SB posts SB $5.00, BB posts BB $10.00

Pre Flop: ($15.00) Hero has 7 7

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $22.00, SB raises to $66.00, BB calls $56.00, Hero calls $44.00

Flop: ($198.00, 3 players) 5 4 7
SB bets $111.00, fold, Hero raises to $312.01, SB calls $201.01

Turn: ($822.02, 2 players) 6
SB bets $333.00, Hero raises to $973.51 and is all-in, SB calls $340.73 and is all-in

River: ($2169.48, 2 players) 3

Spoiler:
stasia4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #195
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 13,103
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

requesting yearly giraffe
blakkman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:36 AM   #196
phenomenal
old hand
 
phenomenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FINLANDIA
Posts: 1,524
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasia4242 View Post

Hand 1: Vs great reg


PokerStars - $10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): $1,989.00
UTG: $1,000.00
CO: $503.87
BTN: $1,000.00
SB: $1,230.24

SB posts SB $5.00, Hero posts BB $10.00

Pre Flop: ($15.00) Hero has T Q

fold, fold, BTN raises to $20.00, SB raises to $80.00, Hero raises to $192.00, fold, SB raises to $350.00, Hero calls $158.00

Flop: ($720.00, 2 players) 2 Q 9
SB bets $210.00, Hero calls $210.00

Turn: ($1140.00, 2 players) 9
SB checks, Hero bets $1,429.00 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins $1,137.00

Was kinda tightish on the specific table, and both other villains were very active on the table (both regs) so figured it's a nice spot to take some easy $$ , SB tanked for a bit and prob realized what I'm doing..
Do you think villain is ever checking Q+ OTT ? Even with the board pairing. You probably don't call 5bets alot with 9x hands. Spot where he is always giving up or has JJ and does not know what to do.


Quote:
Originally Posted by stasia4242 View Post

Hand 2: Vs an OK-reg



PokerStars - $10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): $2,576.00
UTG: $1,000.00
MP: $468.87
CO: $1,050.00
BTN: $1,210.00
SB: $1,000.00

SB posts SB $5.00, Hero posts BB $10.00

Pre Flop: ($15.00) Hero has 3 3

UTG raises to $20.00, fold, CO calls $20.00, fold, fold, Hero calls $10.00

Flop: ($65.00, 3 players) 8 3 9
Hero checks, UTG bets $46.56, CO raises to $150.00, Hero raises to $296.57, fold, CO calls $146.57

Turn: ($704.70, 2 players) 7
Hero checks, CO bets $190.00, Hero calls $190.00

River: ($1084.70, 2 players) 4
Hero checks, CO checks

Spoiler:


This hand was really weird... plan on turn was to check-fold (couldn't find a single hand that I beat with this turn), but his sizing was so... River plan was to check-call any bet/shove.

Weird hand because I always try to stick to my hand-plan, and this was one of the few hands in the last year where I drastically changed my plan 3 times during the hand.
Is your flop cr range just sets ? What do you do with nfd OTF ?
phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #197
stasia4242
adept
 
stasia4242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 814
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomenal View Post
Do you think villain is ever checking Q+ OTT ? Even with the board pairing. You probably don't call 5bets alot with 9x hands. Spot where he is always giving up or has JJ and does not know what to do.




Is your flop cr range just sets ? What do you do with nfd OTF ?
First hand I don't really know how villain plays, but his turn check seemed weak to me, esp how the hand was played pre. Just thought from beginning he doesn't have AA/KK..

33 hand Not sure if I want to comment on the fd, but would prob re-raise 98 as well due to high-set-blockers...
stasia4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #198
sirin
old hand
 
sirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Grappling with local oaf
Posts: 1,967
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

in the first hand why not check back and try to induce?

as played you guarantee that you lose your stack if he happens to have you beat and you make it difficult for him to put in money if he's behind, unless you think he might hero call.

why not bet something like 220 to rep a float and hope he does something stupid? not very likely but i don't see the benefit of shoving.
sirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:45 AM   #199
phenomenal
old hand
 
phenomenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FINLANDIA
Posts: 1,524
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasia4242 View Post
33 hand Not sure if I want to comment on the fd, but would prob re-raise 98 as well due to high-set-blockers...
Vs tight regs my range here is just sets. I don't mind pre just to set mine w pps 3way. But I do mind if I try just to hit the flop with 98s. Fold or sqz if I think they fold enough. Just noticed that UTG min raised. Then it is a call or sqz. If you make it 120. It has to work ( 110/110+55 = 0,66) 66% of the time to show immediately profit. Will UTG fold enough of his range ? Flat caller will.

Tightis 16% UTG open range: AA-22,AKo-AJo,KQo,AKs-A2s,KQs-KTs,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s

If he only continues with AA-TT,AKo-AQo,AKs-AJs,KQs. Then it is really close. If he opens wider than 16% because he is min raising then 3betting is even better.

If I just called pre I do not have a very sound strategy vs regs with my whole range. There is probably two balanced strategies in this spot.

A) CR 99/88/33 ( 9combos ) and AJcc-A2cc ( 10combos ). Bet half pot on blanks. Re-evaluate river. Check sets on turn. Check X amount of the time Axcc ( maybe all the time ? )
B) CC 99/88/33/AJcc-A2cc. Same turn. Allows you to CC TT aswell. No need to balance because of mid pairs or weak tps cause I fold them pre vs std size UTG open. Vs min raise then this line protects them better.

Bottom line play your AJcc-A2cc in the same way you would play your sets. I am going to use plan B. Not balancing just because of balance. But because it has value in it vs regs.
phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #200
stasia4242
adept
 
stasia4242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 814
Re: Being a 1000NL reg by the end of 2012 [STASIA42]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirin View Post
in the first hand why not check back and try to induce?

as played you guarantee that you lose your stack if he happens to have you beat and you make it difficult for him to put in money if he's behind, unless you think he might hero call.

why not bet something like 220 to rep a float and hope he does something stupid? not very likely but i don't see the benefit of shoving.
Checking behind is not a good move IMO, cause it seems a lot stronger than my shove, and he'll bet rivers when he's ahead, and cf even more often than turn when he's behind.

Betting 220 is a nice idea that might work but again, I think he will call with J/AK a shove more often than a 220 bet, but again, these spots are all about guessing, so I don't think there is a "Right" move, and u need to play every time how it feels vs specific opponent.
stasia4242 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive