Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Blogs and Goals Post your threads logging your travels up the poker ladder as you achieve your poker goals and dreams. "Challenges" does NOT mean prop bets, wagers, etc.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #2901
ONLYRAISEAA
Pooh-Bah
 
ONLYRAISEAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LATE DECEMBER BOYS
Posts: 4,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg91 View Post
Hehhh thx for giving me a hard time guys, obv I deserve it tho .

Honestly I just need my own space for this grind, I have the secondary bedroom in my condo now with alistatus33 and it's the ****ing worst, it's super small with 2 twin beds that are kind of pushed together and I'm not a small bro, both tall and big! Besides that, the sun comes blaring through my windows at about 5:30am and the shades/window arent built to hang like room darkening shades, would have to have someone come in and do that and I just haven't bothered with it.

So with all that being said, I'm really looking forward to having my own place with a super sick bed and just having more room, I'm really cramped having my grind station in my bedroom, in the new place I plan to have my grind station out in the living room with the flatscreen/surround sound, should be pretty sick!
a place on your own is the nuts, I tell you! made the switch from living with a fellow bro a year ago and don't regret it even tho I burn some money like this. upgrading myself now, moving from 2bedroom flat into a house next week, all on my own (sun)
can't really afford a maid more than once a month tho, so moaaaar work for me (rain)

that 2mill bet was pretty stupid tho lol, sorry for coming off harsh but that was burning money without really testing the waters out first. I'm sure you know it tho, lost 3k no biggie

gl buddy, rooting for you being able to go home for christmas as according to fb your family def. misses you a lot

plans for next year? not that it really matters, gonna change at least 3x until january 1st anyway lolol
ONLYRAISEAA is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #2902
Eldorian
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,274
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

...still would be fun to have a monthly "my current plans for next year" segment...
Eldorian is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #2903
jdawg91
Blowin it all at HK
 
jdawg91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Batting cleanup TeamOI
Posts: 18,838
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLYRAISEAA View Post
a place on your own is the nuts, I tell you! made the switch from living with a fellow bro a year ago and don't regret it even tho I burn some money like this. upgrading myself now, moving from 2bedroom flat into a house next week, all on my own (sun)
can't really afford a maid more than once a month tho, so moaaaar work for me (rain)

that 2mill bet was pretty stupid tho lol, sorry for coming off harsh but that was burning money without really testing the waters out first. I'm sure you know it tho, lost 3k no biggie

gl buddy, rooting for you being able to go home for christmas as according to fb your family def. misses you a lot

plans for next year? not that it really matters, gonna change at least 3x until january 1st anyway lolol
Yea I think getting my own place is going to be a really good decision for me, congrats on getting your own house man, I remember when we first started talking you were still living in that flat with a mate.

Yea my fam def misses me, they're coming out on october 25th for 5 days and then I'm hoping to be done with SNE grind by the 20th of December so I can go home for 2 weeks, would be nice to have a family christmas in 2012!

Next yr plan is to go for 2mil vpps in same games, but if the games get to be too tough or something like that, will move down to $30s-60s and just get SNE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post
...still would be fun to have a monthly "my current plans for next year" segment...


__________________________________________________ __

Just got done looking at the place, def a sick unit and im taking it. Signing lease today, the owner is an oil millionaire and therefore doesnt need to rent it out, hes got super nice furniture etc there and wont rent out except to 1 single person, and he approved me after the realtor (who knew me from previous dealings) vouched for me.

Might not be grinding much the next couple days as I'll be dealing with this move, it's only 3 floors down but theres always a lot more to a move than there seems, place doesnt have internet set up yet so have to get on that today!
jdawg91 is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #2904
ONLYRAISEAA
Pooh-Bah
 
ONLYRAISEAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LATE DECEMBER BOYS
Posts: 4,880
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg91 View Post
Yea I think getting my own place is going to be a really good decision for me, congrats on getting your own house man, I remember when we first started talking you were still living in that flat with a mate.

Yea my fam def misses me, they're coming out on october 25th for 5 days and then I'm hoping to be done with SNE grind by the 20th of December so I can go home for 2 weeks, would be nice to have a family christmas in 2012!

Next yr plan is to go for 2mil vpps in same games, but if the games get to be too tough or something like that, will move down to $30s-60s and just get SNE
yeah it's pretty ****ing nice, as it's my mom's house (she's moving out) I'm paying the same price as for the small flat now lol. a bit outside the city but that's better for me, not going out too much anyways and I have my own little grindroom/office. right now my bedroom is pretty much office, living room and place to sleep lol

cool, no ftp for you then? iirc there was a lot of talk about hypers being lot softer there in the past?!

oh and stop ignoring me on skype, you dolt. jk

Last edited by ONLYRAISEAA; 08-29-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: and +1 to a lot of work with moving, 4th time in less than 4 years for me now. god it sucks! I like change tho, so that's nic
ONLYRAISEAA is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #2905
DanteA
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DanteA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hugecashes heaven
Posts: 7,861
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Do they know you play poker?
DanteA is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #2906
jdawg91
Blowin it all at HK
 
jdawg91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Batting cleanup TeamOI
Posts: 18,838
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLYRAISEAA View Post
yeah it's pretty ****ing nice, as it's my mom's house (she's moving out) I'm paying the same price as for the small flat now lol. a bit outside the city but that's better for me, not going out too much anyways and I have my own little grindroom/office. right now my bedroom is pretty much office, living room and place to sleep lol

cool, no ftp for you then? iirc there was a lot of talk about hypers being lot softer there in the past?!

oh and stop ignoring me on skype, you dolt. jk
Hehe good **** though!

I might still mix in ftp, not sure yet

Gotta run tho as i just said on skype to ya, ill message ya later and we can catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteA View Post
Do they know you play poker?
Yes, there's now >150 poker players in Rosarito with more coming every day it seems. The realtor most of us use now Is the PokerExPats guy on 2p2, hes very involved with keeping in the know and helping us all out as much as possible
jdawg91 is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #2907
jlevu
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 808
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

pics of new unit obv!!!!
jlevu is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #2908
jdawg91
Blowin it all at HK
 
jdawg91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Batting cleanup TeamOI
Posts: 18,838
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Haha, this link should work from my facebook that has some pics, I'll take some more myself when I move in. If link doesnt work, lemme knowwww

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2941820&type=1

"1600 sq ft 2bed/2bath condo. pics dont even do it justice, super nice living room with surround sound and 52" flatscreen. $2000 top of the line memory foam bed in the master. Last 3 pics in the album I took myself from my current place (3 floors above the unit I'm moving into). Finally a place all to myself!"
jdawg91 is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #2909
TheTyman9
Pooh-Bah
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 4,576
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

god i wanna move to mexico. so hard to leave friends/family though when there are still decent money to be made on the smaller us facing sites.
TheTyman9 is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #2910
ready 2 win
Pooh-Bah
 
ready 2 win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,968
Link doesnt work for me :-(
ready 2 win is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #2911
TheTyman9
Pooh-Bah
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 4,576
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready 2 win View Post
Link doesnt work for me :-(
worked for me....r u logged in to fbook?
TheTyman9 is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #2912
ready 2 win
Pooh-Bah
 
ready 2 win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,968
On my iPhone atm while logged into FB.... nevermind will give it another try later on my desktop
ready 2 win is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #2913
XMenCypher
old hand
 
XMenCypher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: fish pond
Posts: 1,575
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTyman9 View Post
worked for me....r u logged in to fbook?
the link doesn't work and I am logged in
XMenCypher is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #2914
jdawg91
Blowin it all at HK
 
jdawg91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Batting cleanup TeamOI
Posts: 18,838
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Ugh weird, try it one more time with this link and if it doesn't work, ill just manually upload all the pics and post itt

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2941820&type=3


Just went over to one of the penthouses in tower 2, rolled over with Apowers1968 and met TheCronic420 and Hafizzle for the first time as they just got into town recently. Cool guys for sure, might end up chillin with them tomorrow night.

I have to start packing as the guy taking my spot is moving in tomorrow at about 1, so have to at least have all my **** out of the bedroom by then....doesn't look like I'll have internet in my new place before Saturday at the VERY earliest but it's not a problem as I can keep my computer setup here in #1007 or go down the hall to #1001 to Apowers1968/UWOKid87's place and setup shop there...probably means I won't grind that much tho if I'm not comfortably set up
jdawg91 is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #2915
TheTyman9
Pooh-Bah
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 4,576
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

really weird that it opened for me but not others
TheTyman9 is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #2916
Ice_W0lf
Tremendous
 
Ice_W0lf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I want to go to there..
Posts: 13,533
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTyman9 View Post
god i wanna move to mexico. so hard to leave friends/family though when there are still decent money to be made on the smaller us facing sites.
As someone that has moved from friends and family (not poker related).. it definitely isn't easy but I would recommend it if you think it would make you even a little bit happier (and it's not a huge pita to move). That first move is hard.. and can be hard for a few months.. but a) it becomes easier to just pick up and move if you want to at a later date and b) you can always go back home , and at least you had the experience.
Ice_W0lf is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #2917
jdawg91
Blowin it all at HK
 
jdawg91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Batting cleanup TeamOI
Posts: 18,838
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Yea that is weird, but i uploaded to image shack so heres a link to the albums for those who cant access over fb

http://imgur.com/a/jYcJ7 =pics off realtor site

http://imgur.com/a/GxavB =pics off balcony i took myself
jdawg91 is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #2918
TheTyman9
Pooh-Bah
 
TheTyman9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: gym? you betcha...
Posts: 4,576
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_W0lf View Post
As someone that has moved from friends and family (not poker related).. it definitely isn't easy but I would recommend it if you think it would make you even a little bit happier (and it's not a huge pita to move). That first move is hard.. and can be hard for a few months.. but a) it becomes easier to just pick up and move if you want to at a later date and b) you can always go back home , and at least you had the experience.
Yeah I mean I think I'd be more inclined to move if I was at all unhappy in my current situation or if I knew I wanted to be a poker pro forever. But only reasons I can come up with are for moving are that being on stars/ftp again would be awesome and all these cheap houses on the beach look incredible. The experience of being in a new place is actually the most tempting part about it. My college was only a couple hours from my hometown and I've never really done much traveling to diff places even in the US, nevermind moving outside the country.
TheTyman9 is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #2919
MattDaBeast
adept
 
MattDaBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 712
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post
Not sure if new place is genuine jdawging or genuine growing up... Grats either way...
I think we've coined a new word.

Jdawg · ing (v) [Jay-Dog-Ing] - The act of quickly changing one's plans.

I was going to grind $5/10 NL 250bb deep cash for a living, but then I Jdawged it and now I'm playing midstakes 5 card draw.
MattDaBeast is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 01:04 AM   #2920
buddahchild
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 745
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDaBeast View Post
I think we've coined a new word.

Jdawg · ing (v) [Jay-Dog-Ing] - The act of quickly changing one's plans.

I was going to grind $5/10 NL 250bb deep cash for a living, but then I Jdawged it and now I'm playing midstakes 5 card draw.
lol, wp
buddahchild is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #2921
Gramps
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gramps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Checking out this year's crop
Posts: 6,575
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

If Pokerstars ever gives you a contract as an online pro, it should require that you play a different game every month, for the 12 months of the deal .

If it didn't cost you too much money, that could actually be really fun.
Gramps is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 02:24 AM   #2922
daddyrnac
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,254
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTyman9 View Post
really weird that it opened for me but not others
You're not alone young warrior. Both links worked for me.
daddyrnac is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 05:05 AM   #2923
jdawg91
Blowin it all at HK
 
jdawg91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Batting cleanup TeamOI
Posts: 18,838
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTyman9 View Post
Yeah I mean I think I'd be more inclined to move if I was at all unhappy in my current situation or if I knew I wanted to be a poker pro forever. But only reasons I can come up with are for moving are that being on stars/ftp again would be awesome and all these cheap houses on the beach look incredible. The experience of being in a new place is actually the most tempting part about it. My college was only a couple hours from my hometown and I've never really done much traveling to diff places even in the US, nevermind moving outside the country.
Traveling is definitely fun but I personally don't think relocating is the right option for a LOT of people, including many that have relocated. Yea, it's sick down here and it's awesome to be able to grind on PS and euro sites, but online poker has been getting tougher and poker is probably not a long term career for that many people....whether it will be for me I'm not sure yet, I'm just hoping to start making the best of the time I do have, I wish I would've had this attitude my first 8 months down here but what can you do...can't change the past, just can change what you do in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDaBeast View Post
I think we've coined a new word.

Jdawg · ing (v) [Jay-Dog-Ing] - The act of quickly changing one's plans.

I was going to grind $5/10 NL 250bb deep cash for a living, but then I Jdawged it and now I'm playing midstakes 5 card draw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahchild View Post
lol, wp
LOL yea seriously, your ****** posts make me crack up Matt. That's so good, better submit to websters ldo .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
If Pokerstars ever gives you a contract as an online pro, it should require that you play a different game every month, for the 12 months of the deal .

If it didn't cost you too much money, that could actually be really fun.
Hahah love this too, could be funnn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrnac View Post
You're not alone young warrior. Both links worked for me.
Yea definitely weird the variance I've had with this, ive had friends on skype be able to click it and view pics without being signed into fb, then have had others see it being signed in and then others have been signed in and couldn't see...definitely weird and i have the album set as 'public'...oh well, put them in imgur too and posted ^^ so all good

________________________________________________

Couldn't ****ing sleep again, I have maybe slept 4 hrs the previous 2 nights before tonight and I felt superrr tired so I went to bed at 8pm last night and tossed and turned, fully woke up at 9:04pm and 11:42 pm and just said **** it and got up at 11:42.

Hoping to F god that I have my place tomorrow, I won't have internet yet but hopefully I can at least sleep on my $3000 bed . If I'm somehow not in the unit, I'm going to have problems as my bedroom in my current unit is being taken tomorrow at noon, so i'd get stuck sleeping on a couch somewhere or begging TheCronic420 and Hafizzle to take me in for the night .

Anyhow, woke up and played a quick session, going to work on packing/cleaning a bit more and then will probably get back on the grind unless I feel like I'll be able to fall asleep. Too bad we didn't run well in said session

jdawg91 is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 05:52 AM   #2924
ready 2 win
Pooh-Bah
 
ready 2 win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,968
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

awesome condo, confirmed ballerness ITT
ready 2 win is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #2925
MattDaBeast
adept
 
MattDaBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 712
Re: 10,000th Post: SNE 2012, Jdawg91 Style (+ more!)

I'd post more, but posts like those take time. I need to edit and revise these things for months and don't click reply until I've gotten the final notes from my editor in NYC.

You don't even understand what happens in the writers room when word breaks that you're switching games again.
MattDaBeast is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive