Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Live No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em live cash games of all stakes.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2018, 05:48 PM   #21726
gobbledygeek
Poet Laureate of LLSNL
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,366
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

I haz the confused looking at the giraffe (it's plotting the running bb/hr?) but still nice overall results.

Gbiggestbargwasthe"retiring"part,congrats,imoG
gobbledygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:09 PM   #21727
samo
Pooh-Bah
 
samo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,067
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Thx buz … grinderesque is a perfect descript.

Thx GG … yup, the line reps the BB/Hr, while the bars rep the $000.
samo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:15 PM   #21728
Shai Hulud
old hand
 
Shai Hulud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,934
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStarr View Post
How is everything I say on this site turned into a negative? I said you are a math genius as a compliment and I meant it. SMH
"I'd love to see the graph of a math genius compared to mine" just sounded really sarcastic since you know I can't produce a comparable graph to yours. Sorry if I read that wrong.
Shai Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:19 PM   #21729
feel wrath
The Situation
 
feel wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 23,846
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

congrats Samo - great job
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:13 PM   #21730
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 9,840
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

I'm offering BBcode coaching for $50/hr PM me.
meale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:47 PM   #21731
MikeStarr
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,978
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai Hulud View Post
"I'd love to see the graph of a math genius compared to mine" just sounded really sarcastic since you know I can't produce a comparable graph to yours. Sorry if I read that wrong.
I dont know what your graph looks like. I have no idea how your results have been. What I meant to say is you are a math genius. I consider myself to be top notch at reading people, situations and betting patterns and exploiting them but nowhere near the math expert you are.....I wanted to compare graphs because I suspect that a player with my skill set will trump a player with your skill set. Math can only get you so far, at least thats my opinion. Of course if you are very good at both, then the sky is the limit.

This is not a knock on you at all. Ive never played with you so I dont know how good at those other things you are. Im just saying that I think someone who from 1-10 is a 3 at poker math and a 9 at reading people and hand reading will do better than a person who is a 9 at poker math and a 3 at reading skills.

The guy who I would consider the best player in S.Florida and is pounding the highest stakes games after being a 1/2 reg just 3 years ago, is not very good at poker math at all, but hes a freak of nature when it comes to reading people. I have a friend who used to stake him at 1/2 and I get to see some of his hand histories and they would blow your mind.
MikeStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:37 PM   #21732
onguard
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 195
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Is that the post black friday version of internet players suck?
onguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:42 PM   #21733
daniel9861
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,381
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Ike Haxton, Doug Polk, Ben Sulsky seem to do just fine as pure math guys. DNegs and Hellmuth seem to do just fine as pure feel guys. Both styles can be successful.
daniel9861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:48 PM   #21734
SABR42
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SABR42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: printing money
Posts: 22,006
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

As you move up the stakes, into $10/20, $20/40, and higher, the number of winning players who aren't super strong at the math-aspect of poker quickly dwindles and gets smaller as you move up. Coincidence?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SABR42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:57 PM   #21735
Sensimuse
centurion
 
Sensimuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 165
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel9861 View Post
Ike Haxton, Doug Polk, Ben Sulsky seem to do just fine as pure math guys. DNegs and Hellmuth seem to do just fine as pure feel guys. Both styles can be successful.
Calling Negreanu a purely feel player today isn’t very accurate imo. He’s put a lot of work into the math side of his game and it’s showing in his results as of late. He was playing way above the rim in the SHRB and I expect him to put up some great numbers this series if he continues to play that well. As mentioned, it’s not a coincidence that as you move up in stakes you see less people who are not well tuned to the mathematical fundamentals of the game.
Sensimuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:48 AM   #21736
daniel9861
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,381
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABR42 View Post
As you move up the stakes, into $10/20, $20/40, and higher, the number of winning players who aren't super strong at the math-aspect of poker quickly dwindles and gets smaller as you move up. Coincidence?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
That’s because the math guys generally do better in reg vs reg spots while the feel guys are better at maximally exploiting weaker players. As stakes get higher and higher, the number of regs in the game increase while the number of weaker players decrease.
daniel9861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 01:54 AM   #21737
johnnyBuz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnnyBuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beast Coast
Posts: 7,092
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel9861 View Post
That’s because the math guys generally do better in reg vs reg spots while the feel guys are better at maximally exploiting weaker players. As stakes get higher and higher, the number of regs in the game increase while the number of weaker players decrease.
Until you reach the promised land of 5000/10,000 billionaires with zero maths and worse feels.
johnnyBuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 01:57 AM   #21738
SABR42
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SABR42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: printing money
Posts: 22,006
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel9861 View Post
That’s because the math guys generally do better in reg vs reg spots while the feel guys are better at maximally exploiting weaker players. As stakes get higher and higher, the number of regs in the game increase while the number of weaker players decrease.
That's kinda my point, and why I don't have a lot of respect for low-stakes "feel player" crushers with a big ego. Come out of the kiddy pool and see how well you do buddy!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SABR42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:05 AM   #21739
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 9,840
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Trying to prove something to a friend... Calling ALL LLSNL PROS OR WINNERS

Full ring 9-10 handed game 1/2 or 2/5,

Do we open KQo/AJo/67s from first position?
meale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:33 AM   #21740
Shai Hulud
old hand
 
Shai Hulud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,934
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStarr View Post
I dont know what your graph looks like. I have no idea how your results have been. What I meant to say is you are a math genius. I consider myself to be top notch at reading people, situations and betting patterns and exploiting them but nowhere near the math expert you are.....I wanted to compare graphs because I suspect that a player with my skill set will trump a player with your skill set. Math can only get you so far, at least thats my opinion. Of course if you are very good at both, then the sky is the limit.

This is not a knock on you at all. Ive never played with you so I dont know how good at those other things you are. Im just saying that I think someone who from 1-10 is a 3 at poker math and a 9 at reading people and hand reading will do better than a person who is a 9 at poker math and a 3 at reading skills.

The guy who I would consider the best player in S.Florida and is pounding the highest stakes games after being a 1/2 reg just 3 years ago, is not very good at poker math at all, but hes a freak of nature when it comes to reading people. I have a friend who used to stake him at 1/2 and I get to see some of his hand histories and they would blow your mind.
In all modesty I'm a 9 in both departments. Maybe an 8. Or a 7. Maybe a 6. Or a 5. So hard to say with arbitrary scales lol but I feel like I'm quite good in both areas. I agree at the table sophisticated math is not that useful most of the time but it does help a lot in analysis and quickly correcting my play.

And I make $96 an hour now which is totally 100% sustainable and I won't hear any negative nancies telling me otherwise.
Shai Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:54 AM   #21741
bodybuilder32
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,423
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by meale View Post
Trying to prove something to a friend... Calling ALL LLSNL PROS OR WINNERS

Full ring 9-10 handed game 1/2 or 2/5,

Do we open KQo/AJo/67s from first position?
No
bodybuilder32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:13 AM   #21742
LordRiverRat
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,513
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by meale View Post
Trying to prove something to a friend... Calling ALL LLSNL PROS OR WINNERS

Full ring 9-10 handed game 1/2 or 2/5,

Do we open KQo/AJo/67s from first position?
KQo/AJo no. 76s is situational. Can be opened on passive tables especially with a fish in the blinds. Is definitely a fold on a tough table.
LordRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:24 AM   #21743
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by meale View Post
Trying to prove something to a friend... Calling ALL LLSNL PROS OR WINNERS

Full ring 9-10 handed game 1/2 or 2/5,

Do we open KQo/AJo/67s from first position?
My normal style of play is LAG/Maniac and I only open 67s from UTG and that would be very questionable in a lot of lineups.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:49 AM   #21744
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 9,840
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
My normal style of play is LAG/Maniac and I only open 67s from UTG and that would be very questionable in a lot of lineups.
As in you open 67s but not AJo or KQo?
meale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:50 AM   #21745
Havax
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 581
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by meale View Post
Trying to prove something to a friend... Calling ALL LLSNL PROS OR WINNERS

Full ring 9-10 handed game 1/2 or 2/5,

Do we open KQo/AJo/67s from first position?
No. No exceptions.
Havax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:01 AM   #21746
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by meale View Post
As in you open 67s but not AJo or KQo?
Yes, I mean out of those 3 hands I'm only opening 67s from UTG.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:18 AM   #21747
MikeStarr
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,978
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by meale View Post
Trying to prove something to a friend... Calling ALL LLSNL PROS OR WINNERS

Full ring 9-10 handed game 1/2 or 2/5,

Do we open KQo/AJo/67s from first position?
Lately Ive been keeping track of profit/loss of all hands that I play from EP that alot of people would say I should fold. I dont even include KQ/AJ because I open them most of the time.

Maybe I should add them to my tracked EP hands? Or maybe this forum is nitty as hell?
MikeStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #21748
MikeStarr
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,978
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
My normal style of play is LAG/Maniac and I only open 67s from UTG and that would be very questionable in a lot of lineups.
You fold KQ/AJ in first 2 positions most of the time?
MikeStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:23 AM   #21749
MikeStarr
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,978
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABR42 View Post
As you move up the stakes, into $10/20, $20/40, and higher, the number of winning players who aren't super strong at the math-aspect of poker quickly dwindles and gets smaller as you move up. Coincidence?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I havent played that high so Im not going to argue this point, but it sure doesnt sound right to me. From what Ive seen of those games and from what has been described to me, there's a hell of a lot more meta game type raising and reraising reg vs reg type hands where math has little to do with it and people are soul reading each other.

Maybe Im totally off base.
MikeStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:27 AM   #21750
SABR42
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SABR42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: printing money
Posts: 22,006
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Why don't you tell me more about what you don't know but will pretend to know about!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SABR42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive