Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Live No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em live cash games of all stakes.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2017, 03:14 AM   #17651
YGOchamp
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,517
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edpoker123 View Post
When I said I turned 2 BI into 10BI I meant, $400 = $2400.
I think it is impressive, this all happened in 8 sessions.
What is impressive to you ?
I then ruin my bankroll by gambling mostly on tables games like 3card poker.
you gatta understand, most of us win/lose 2.5k on a daily/weekly basis

It means nothing
YGOchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:36 AM   #17652
MikeStarr
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,978
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOchamp View Post
you gatta understand, most of us win/lose 2.5k on a daily/weekly basis

It means nothing
If you are losing/winning $2500 at 1/2 on a daily or even weekly basis, something is seriously wrong with your game. Losing 12 1/2 buy ins at 1/2 daily? Weekly? Come, on Man! That's not normal.

Once in a blue moon, OK, but not daily or even weekly
MikeStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:47 AM   #17653
Dochrohan
Pooh-Bah
 
Dochrohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere else
Posts: 4,194
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

I think a fair % of us are playing $2/$5+.

At @ 1/2 obviously unless you're playing uncapped or deep stacked, yeah losing 2.5k daily/winning would be tough.

I've won over 2k in a session at 1/2, ran hot, bluffed hot, and yeah more hot.

I'm not impressed by anyone winning money @ poker over a short period of time, do it for months or years at a time and come back to me.
Dochrohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #17654
MikeStarr
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,978
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dochrohan View Post
I think a fair % of us are playing $2/$5+.

At @ 1/2 obviously unless you're playing uncapped or deep stacked, yeah losing 2.5k daily/winning would be tough.


I've won over 2k in a session at 1/2, ran hot, bluffed hot, and yeah more hot.

I'm not impressed by anyone winning money @ poker over a short period of time, do it for months or years at a time and come back to me.
Edpoker said he turned $200 into $2400 playing 1/2 and YGOchamp said "most of us win/lose $2500 on a daily/weekly basis."

So either YGOchamp's comparison is completely meaningless to Edpokers start at playing 1/2 or he was talking about winning/losing 12 1/2 buy ins on a daily /weekly basis.
MikeStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:10 AM   #17655
johnny_on_the_spot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnny_on_the_spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: S-Mart
Posts: 10,914
*** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edpoker123 View Post
When I said I turned 2 BI into 10BI I meant, $400 = $2400.

I think it is impressive, this all happened in 8 sessions.

What is impressive to you ?

I then ruin my bankroll by gambling mostly on tables games like 3card poker.


What is impressive is to do it over a statistically significant period of time. For comparison, my last 5 sessions at 1/2, ~ 27 hours, has a +2100. It's not really impressive so much as it is run good. That's a WR of ~40bb/hour, which is massively unsustainable.


Why people are commenting on $ amounts if they don't play 1/2, I have no idea. If only each game had an easily set up value in which we could compare different blind level games...


Edit: PS - stay away from the pit games. You can't win. If you really feel the need to play them, take some small amount of $ and play for entertainment purposes only, as that is specifically what they are for 99.99% of us. Once you lose that small amount of $, stop playing.

Last edited by johnny_on_the_spot; 01-12-2017 at 11:17 AM.
johnny_on_the_spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:18 AM   #17656
Jkpoker10
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,196
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Anyone have advice for best time to play 1-2? I'd say weekend nights? I'm looking to only play when games are soft and not reg infested. I know 1-2 prolly isn't hardest game to beat but I wanna make it the easiest i can.

I assume 5pm - super late night on a Saturday is best?
Jkpoker10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:22 AM   #17657
Dochrohan
Pooh-Bah
 
Dochrohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere else
Posts: 4,194
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpoker10 View Post
Anyone have advice for best time to play 1-2? I'd say weekend nights? I'm looking to only play when games are soft and not reg infested. I know 1-2 prolly isn't hardest game to beat but I wanna make it the easiest i can.

I assume 5pm - super late night on a Saturday is best?
Depends on location.

The best will be weekends naturally, then weekend nights will be the past, some are like 5pm or later and a lot are 9 pm or later.

Really going to depend on your specific location. Then there is big casino events or events in your city. During those periods it can be super soft all week long.
Dochrohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #17658
Dochrohan
Pooh-Bah
 
Dochrohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere else
Posts: 4,194
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStarr View Post
Edpoker said he turned $200 into $2400 playing 1/2 and YGOchamp said "most of us win/lose $2500 on a daily/weekly basis."

So either YGOchamp's comparison is completely meaningless to Edpokers start at playing 1/2 or he was talking about winning/losing 12 1/2 buy ins on a daily /weekly basis.
I think it falls on the completely meaningless spectrum.
Dochrohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:47 PM   #17659
gobbledygeek
Poet Laureate of LLSNL
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,366
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpoker10 View Post
Anyone have advice for best time to play 1-2? I'd say weekend nights? I'm looking to only play when games are soft and not reg infested. I know 1-2 prolly isn't hardest game to beat but I wanna make it the easiest i can.

I assume 5pm - super late night on a Saturday is best?
Really depends on your poker market.

My room is pretty much 100% regs 100% of the time. Admittedly, I don't have the late night (> 10:00pm experience) to say for sure, but my guess is there is no difference whatsoever from playing Tuesday at 3:15pm versus Saturday at 8:00pm versus whatever.

But if you get lots of randoms / tourists / walk-bys / those-out-on-Saturday-night-to-go-play-poker-at-the-casino! (which makes up about 0% of my rooms poker traffic) then your situation will be a lot different.

GknowyourroomG
gobbledygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:44 PM   #17660
YGOchamp
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,517
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStarr View Post
If you are losing/winning $2500 at 1/2 on a daily or even weekly basis, something is seriously wrong with your game. Losing 12 1/2 buy ins at 1/2 daily? Weekly? Come, on Man! That's not normal.

Once in a blue moon, OK, but not daily or even weekly
I was talking about 1/2 yes. I suppose I meant 2k though (in reference to $400 to 2.4k)

I've had tons of weeks where I made ~2k when I used to play 1/2, and even a couple sessions of in a single day (only a handful ofc, this is pretty rare). As for losing 2k in a single week, this has only happened once, I just said winning OR losing to demonstrate the variance could potentially go either way in an 8 session period (which would be about a week for a full time grinder)

Idk why I even respond to you though, last time you stopped replying once you ran out of things to argue about without even admitting I was right before ending the convo
YGOchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:43 PM   #17661
Garick
Oberbiergenießer
 
Garick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Do you even math, bruh?
Posts: 24,601
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Folks, don't feed the trolls. Deleting all those posts and writing all those warnings/infractions is a PITA.
Garick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:34 PM   #17662
DeadMoneyWalking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DeadMoneyWalking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Avatar Archive
Posts: 30,776
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
He isn't going to progress at all if he doesn't play. It is silly for a new player ( most likely a losing player) to worry about bankroll management IMO. Who does that when they are starting out?

You get a few buy ins of discretionary money together and play. When you lose, you spend a week or two thinking through the big hands and hopefully posting them for feedback. When you win, do exactly the same thing. Add to the bankroll as your finances permit.
.
that would get him into the habit of being a recreational gambler and most likely one who digs into the personal fund to stay in action.
DeadMoneyWalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:09 AM   #17663
feel wrath
The Situation
 
feel wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 23,846
Re: 1-2 live bankroll advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
He isn't going to progress at all if he doesn't play. It is silly for a new player ( most likely a losing player) to worry about bankroll management IMO. Who does that when they are starting out?

You get a few buy ins of discretionary money together and play. When you lose, you spend a week or two thinking through the big hands and hopefully posting them for feedback. When you win, do exactly the same thing. Add to the bankroll as your finances permit.

Everyone here seems to think not having money to play poker for a few weeks is the end of the world. A big bankroll needs to be protected. A newby should just gamble with money they are comfortable losing.
yes to all the above
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:06 PM   #17664
Edpoker123
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 33
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Don't know exactly what direction this conversation went.
Anyway I came up with 8 more buyins to add to my 2 buyins.
Now I have 10BI's, and will get back to grinding in FEB.
thank you,
Edpoker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #17665
spirit123
self-banned
 
spirit123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 806
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Been on a big upswing last 11 days.
Hours are approximate bc I don't wanna type.

Hrs profit
12.5 -819
6 +1484
8 +1200
7 +1325
3 +1467
9 +2219
10 +2120
18.5 +2764
8.5 +3064

83 hrs total
+14824
Hourly 178.39

Mostly 3/5 with one session each of 1/1/2 and 5/t and 5/5/t plot.
spirit123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:46 PM   #17666
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 9,840
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit123 View Post
Been on a big upswing last 11 days.
Hours are approximate bc I don't wanna type.

Hrs profit
12.5 -819
6 +1484
8 +1200
7 +1325
3 +1467
9 +2219
10 +2120
18.5 +2764
8.5 +3064

83 hrs total
+14824
Hourly 178.39

Mostly 3/5 with one session each of 1/1/2 and 5/t and 5/5/t plot.
Holy fk what a tear. Is your 3/5 game capped?
meale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:52 PM   #17667
MikeStarr
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,978
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit123 View Post
Been on a big upswing last 11 days.
Hours are approximate bc I don't wanna type.

Hrs profit
12.5 -819
6 +1484
8 +1200
7 +1325
3 +1467
9 +2219
10 +2120
18.5 +2764
8.5 +3064

83 hrs total
+14824
Hourly 178.39

Mostly 3/5 with one session each of 1/1/2 and 5/t and 5/5/t plot.
I hope you savor this and remember it fondly so when the other side of variance hits you dont jump out a window.
MikeStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:07 PM   #17668
spirit123
self-banned
 
spirit123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 806
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by meale View Post
Holy fk what a tear. Is your 3/5 game capped?
Yes capped at 500.
spirit123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:08 PM   #17669
spirit123
self-banned
 
spirit123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 806
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStarr View Post
I hope you savor this and remember it fondly so when the other side of variance hits you dont jump out a window.
Thanks for the reminder. I had a -12k week about a month and half ago so I understand.
spirit123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:40 AM   #17670
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 9,840
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

This is nice to see for me, having 4/5 losing sessions so far this year. Wp.
meale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:04 AM   #17671
VolumeKing
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 729
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

why do you even care
VolumeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:38 AM   #17672
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 9,840
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolumeKing View Post
why do you even care
???
meale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:47 AM   #17673
VolumeKing
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 729
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

four sessions isnt worth posting about let alone thinking about. wait until you have at least 100hrs, then check. really who cares about the three or four times you went to the casino
VolumeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:19 AM   #17674
meale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
meale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 9,840
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolumeKing View Post
four sessions isnt worth posting about let alone thinking about. wait until you have at least 100hrs, then check. really who cares about the three or four times you went to the casino
Lol I'm not putting any weight into it. I was simply remarking about how his start to the year is the direct antithesis to mine.
meale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:20 AM   #17675
Dream
old hand
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,289
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post
Jesus, anyone starting 2017 off in the hole?

3 sessions, 21 hours, -$1230 at 1/2.

-600

-230

-400

6 buyins at 1/2, yuck.
Got up to 40 hours of play, and only $56 in the hole for 2017 now. Holla!
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive