Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Live No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em live cash games of all stakes.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #16051
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,521
Re: Squeeze play advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupidbanana View Post
Maybe focus on what you're doing instead of worrying about everyone else's win/losing rates.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using 2+2 Forums
It's not about me, but thanks for the suggestion. It's about someone giving the wrong advice in this forum because he was on a small heater of 100 hours and thinks everyone should be playing like he does because it's working for him in the short run. I do have a pet peeve about people giving the wrong advice (such as never to cbet lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStarr View Post
Its a bit over 9BB/hr overall and a tad under 13BB/hr during peak times (weekends and evenings).

Closing in on 1000 total hours over about 8 months.
you previously claimed you were doing at least triple these numbers, if not more, so these are not "unheard of", which I referred to earlier. Looks like reality has started to settle in, just like I suggested about 6 months ago in the win rate thread.
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:06 AM   #16052
MikeStarr
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,978
Re: Squeeze play advice needed

I claimed I was doing double or triple those numbers? Link? Yep, reality is setting in. I am the biggest crusher playing 2/5 in the biggest poker room in S.Floida.

I have a pet peeve regarding people misquoting me. You intentionally took the "never CBet" comment out of context.
MikeStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:08 AM   #16053
Bluegrassplayer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bluegrassplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: China
Posts: 36,551
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Deepstack discussion is quite lol. Nice mix of hubris in assuming that nitty adjustments are the best everyone can do because that's what people here default to and projection in assuming that everyone makes these adjustments.

(Also pretty lol talking about the average players adjustment when the average player is not good)

Finally the stack off threshold in single raised pots is a bit of a strawman because multi way pots, 3 bet pots and 4 bet pots are all real things.
Bluegrassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #16054
MikeStarr
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,978
Re: Squeeze play advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playbig2000 View Post
It's not about me, but thanks for the suggestion. It's about someone giving the wrong advice in this forum because he was on a small heater of 100 hours and thinks everyone should be playing like he does because it's working for him in the short run. I do have a pet peeve about people giving the wrong advice (such as never to cbet lol).



you previously claimed you were doing at least triple these numbers, if not more, so these are not "unheard of", which I referred to earlier. Looks like reality has started to settle in, just like I suggested about 6 months ago in the win rate thread.
I just went back and read every post Ive ever made in the win rate thread. My first post is on page 507. My first post related to my win rate is on page 529 where I say I have 400 hours with a $54 /hr win rate. I have never said that my win rate is, or was, anywhere near double or triple that.

I think its safe to say that you are a liar.
MikeStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:57 AM   #16055
bip!
Slow Pony
 
bip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: not on urban dictionary...
Posts: 13,669
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Exactly - deep doesn't matter in raise pre-bet-bet-bet pots... deep matters in raise-3bet-4way call pots.
bip! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:17 AM   #16056
Dubey
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,844
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
and as we all circle around trying to tackle the greased pig that is his ostensible point,
this made me lol.
Dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #16057
BirdsallSa
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 723
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by bip! View Post
Exactly - deep doesn't matter in raise pre-bet-bet-bet pots... deep matters in raise-3bet-4way call pots.
I said that in one of my posts (I also added that it would matter if you had multiple raises on a street or two, or the standard preflop raise size increased). But, that's why I don't think deep stack matters much at LLSNL. How many pots at any stack depth where there is a raise, 3bet, 4bet and a call?
BirdsallSa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:07 PM   #16058
squid face
ChatThreadPrez
 
squid face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: grabbin c-notes from the money tree
Posts: 10,256
Re: Squeeze play advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStarr View Post
My variance is very very low which is another reason I have such confidence in my results. My StnDev is only 5.5 times my win rate. I havent found a single person yet that has a lower ratio. Most good players ratios are double to triple that. People here told me I was on a heater at 200 hours. They said it again at 500 hours. Now I'm at 900+ and my win rate has been consistent and almost exactly the same since this whole time. Hardly anyone else here will even give out their numbers....but they sure dont mind giving out their HH advice like its the gospel.

It would be very interesting if there was a way to have every posters verified win rate by listed with their screen name.
plenty of people "give out their numbers". I have good news for you though. You are playing in the absolute best games in the country...so even with some of your more questionable lines I actually believe your w/r.
squid face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #16059
Siculamente
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,144
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Again please point it out? You two are essentially putting words in my mouth over and over and then get all pouty / bitter when I call you out on it, resorting to calling me names like little school boys.

I've tried multiple times to explain these really basic concepts and advice but it's not sinking in. I guess I should stop.

Bw- it's a really simple concept. You build a solid base / good life and then do luxury things. Not the other way around.

Gambling is a freaking luxury. It's supposed to be done with disposable income. Not mortgage, food, retirement money.

It's also not supposed to put stress and conflict on your relationship. FFS it's supposed to be fun and relaxing! The fact that some posters have to have a sit down / pow wow with their other half about their expensive hobby is a huge red flag that they don't have enough disposable income for gambling.

Don't have enough disposable income to gamble but you don't want to give it up? Obvious solution: lifestyle change and or finding a better job.

Kinda surprised any of you are actually long term winners at poker considering how poor your logic / problem solving skills are

Tldr; TIL 2p2 delusional degens get upset when they are told their priorities aren't set right / have no clue why there's a problem.
Siculamente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:41 PM   #16060
Dubey
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,844
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

lol, this is the last post I make on the subject.

What happened is, completely unprovoked, you went on a rant and basically disparaged anyone who has shared finances and a joint bank account, ranted about lack of trust, baby sitting, watch dog etc.. showing a complete lack of awareness, not to mention tact.

people responded to that rant in a negative fashion, now you are doing whatever it is you are doing or talking about now (It's not entirely clear), but I see a few straw men that are being mercilessly pounded into the ground.
Dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:47 PM   #16061
bwslim69
I'm a Diva, Bruh
 
bwslim69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TPS reports
Posts: 24,038
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by feel wrath View Post
Country club memberships and Rolls Royces though
I guess you could budget for that too tho

Seems a tenuous relationship between Winrates, bankrolls and whether you have joint finances but who am I to interrupt a good poo flinging session
bwslim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:49 PM   #16062
ZippyThePinhead
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 926
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siculamente View Post



Gambling is a freaking luxury. It's supposed to be done with disposable income. Not mortgage, food, retirement money.

It's also not to put stress and conflict on your relationship. The fact that some posters have to have a sit down / pow wow with their other half about their expensive hobby is a huge red flag that they don't have enough disposable income for gambling.

.
I'd say this a true statement only for those that are overall losers in the game.

Successfully playing for profit isn't an expensive hobby.

I have a full time career that pays well, affords us to live a very comfortable lifestyle with my wife having zero income.

Poker for me is a serious hobby, but overall I do play for profit. It isn't an expense for me, it is another revenue stream that provides us fun money.

Challenges with spouse are:
1) have her buy into it being a skill game. Took a lot of hours, but eventually she couldn't argue with the cash coming in.
2) time I spend at the casino. For me, this is still the biggest challenge.




Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
ZippyThePinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:55 PM   #16063
Siculamente
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,144
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

I see dubey. You got upset because i basically said some harsh truths that hit too close to home and resorted to calling me lol names because I lack tact on an forum where I have zero interest in making friends with delusional degens. I see.

Zip- I'd argue hobbyists should think of it as luxury / fun considering they aren't even close to averaging 10bb/hr variance free money like they think they are.
Siculamente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:56 PM   #16064
Dubey
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,844
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyThePinhead View Post
I'd say this a true statement only for those that are overall losers in the game.

Successfully playing for profit isn't an expensive hobby.

I have a full time career that pays well, affords us to live a very comfortable lifestyle with my wife having zero income.

Poker for me is a serious hobby, but overall I do play for profit. It isn't an expense for me, it is another revenue stream that provides us fun money.

Challenges with spouse are:
1) have her buy into it being a skill game. Took a lot of hours, but eventually she couldn't argue with the cash coming in.
2) time I spend at the casino. For me, this is still the biggest challenge.




Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

this is me exactly, except #1 isn't a challenge since poker has been a part of my life since the very beginning of our relationship(10+ years), and I have been a consistent winner, plus I never gamble with our shared money, so she feels zero loss when I lose. #2 is a big one, especially with a young child at home now.
Dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:58 PM   #16065
Dubey
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,844
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siculamente View Post
I see dubey. You got upset because i basically said some harsh truths that hit too close to home and resorted to calling me lol names because I lack tact on an forum where I have zero interest in making friends with delusional degens. I see.
I guess I lied about that being my last post.

lol at this post. nothing you said hit anywhere close to home for me. And I didn't call you names, I said you were coming across like an A-hole and condescending. Both of those are demonstrably true. If they hit too close to home or made you feel uncomfortable, that's on you.
Dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:59 PM   #16066
johnny_on_the_spot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnny_on_the_spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: S-Mart
Posts: 10,922
*** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Deleted

Last edited by johnny_on_the_spot; 08-10-2016 at 02:09 PM.
johnny_on_the_spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:02 PM   #16067
Siculamente
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,144
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubey View Post
I guess I lied about that being my last post.

lol at this post. nothing you said hit anywhere close to home for me. And I didn't call you names, I said you were coming across like an A-hole and condescending. Both of those are demonstrably true. If they hit too close to home or made you feel uncomfortable, that's on you.
Lol ******* is not name calling? Loooool that logic / thought process of yours.
Siculamente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #16068
whs1919
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 230
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

lock it up.
whs1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:23 PM   #16069
spikeraw22
The Situation
 
spikeraw22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SB is the new BTN
Posts: 8,731
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

I think a single ban should suffice.
spikeraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #16070
Angrist
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,883
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

This thread is giving me cancer.

How many bb/hr -EV should I expect that to be?
Angrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:28 PM   #16071
OvertlySexual
old hand
 
OvertlySexual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,518
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrist View Post
This thread is giving me cancer.

How many bb/hr -EV should I expect that to be?
Depends on how games are in heaven or hell. Hell definitely more EV+.
OvertlySexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:29 PM   #16072
OvertlySexual
old hand
 
OvertlySexual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,518
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Although one should expect tremendously tight passive novice players in heaven.
OvertlySexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #16073
gobbledygeek
Poet Laureate of LLSNL
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,372
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

I predict multiple flying medieval headkicks when G gets back.

Gyouguysgonnabeinsomuchtrouble!G
gobbledygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #16074
MikeStarr
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,978
Re: Squeeze play advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid face View Post
plenty of people "give out their numbers". I have good news for you though. You are playing in the absolute best games in the country...so even with some of your more questionable lines I actually believe your w/r.
Im not going to argue that because I havent played enough in other places to know for sure, but I did play about 40-50 hrs in Vegas, SF and Seattle 2 weeks ago and didnt notice ans serious skill differences between there and S. Florida.

Seattle definitely seemed softer though.
MikeStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:59 PM   #16075
johnnyBuz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnnyBuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beast Coast
Posts: 7,092
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Okay then moving on ...

johnnyBuz is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive