Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Live No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em live cash games of all stakes.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2016, 08:21 PM   #13601
ohsnapzbrah
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,926
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

I have to say, wrt poker dying, there's at least one more poker boom coming. It's going to be bigger than the Moneymaker boom. Whenever online poker is finally completely legalized in the US (imo <10 years), we're going to see a boom the likes of which we haven't seen before. Think about it. All these legal websites now advertising poker during the college football game, then they want to try online, then live as well. Just look at what happened with DFS and how that exploded.
ohsnapzbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:19 PM   #13602
Richard Parker
banned
 
Richard Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Right Side of Variance
Posts: 13,951
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Do people multi table DFS cash games?
Richard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:36 PM   #13603
homerdash
banned
 
homerdash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: desert
Posts: 6,062
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Parker View Post
Do people multi table DFS cash games?

Actually yeah, I don't know much about DFS but I'm pretty sure each pro submits like 100 lineups per thing they enter
homerdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:51 PM   #13604
johnnyBuz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnnyBuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beast Coast
Posts: 7,093
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybuilder32 View Post
He set a goal to beat 1/2 at $60 hr in 2016. He would have to explain why he thinks that is remotely possible or why he would even bother to attempt this. If he thought that was possible to beat 1-2 at $60 an hour than he must think that there is a chance that playing 1-2 could be making him more money than 2-5.
What is so hard to figure out? I think the upper limit for 1/2 at my room is $60/hour. I think the upper limit for 2/5 is $100-120/hour. Since 2/5 is more profitable I've only played two 1/2 sessions this year.

I personally don't participate in "maximum WR" discussions because I think they are all flawed. The theoretical "max WR" that could be achieved would be the amount you could win if you could see your opponents hole cards. Just pulling a number out of my ass, that could be $500+ at 2/5.

Therefore, the better hand reader you become and the better you are at bet sizing to manipulate your villains, you should be able to keep increasing your WR. Most people likely move up in limits rather than maxing out a WR at a lower stake, but I am of the belief that 10 BB's/hour is nowhere near the attainable limit for low-to-mid stakes NL.
johnnyBuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:53 PM   #13605
MikeStarr
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,978
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyBuz View Post
What is so hard to figure out? I think the upper limit for 1/2 at my room is $60/hour. I think the upper limit for 2/5 is $100-120/hour. Since 2/5 is more profitable I've only played two 1/2 sessions this year.

I personally don't participate in "maximum WR" discussions because I think they are all flawed. The theoretical "max WR" that could be achieved would be the amount you could win if you could see your opponents hole cards. Just pulling a number out of my ass, that could be $500+ at 2/5.

Therefore, the better hand reader you become and the better you are at bet sizing to manipulate your villains, you should be able to keep increasing your WR. Most people likely move up in limits rather than maxing out a WR at a lower stake, but I am of the belief that 10 BB's/hour is nowhere near the attainable limit for low-to-mid stakes NL.
Really?
MikeStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:11 PM   #13606
Randal_Graves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Randal_Graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: @tj_jurk
Posts: 10,128
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyBuz View Post
What is so hard to figure out? I think the upper limit for 1/2 at my room is $60/hour. I think the upper limit for 2/5 is $100-120/hour. Since 2/5 is more profitable I've only played two 1/2 sessions this year.

I personally don't participate in "maximum WR" discussions because I think they are all flawed. The theoretical "max WR" that could be achieved would be the amount you could win if you could see your opponents hole cards. Just pulling a number out of my ass, that could be $500+ at 2/5.

Therefore, the better hand reader you become and the better you are at bet sizing to manipulate your villains, you should be able to keep increasing your WR. Most people likely move up in limits rather than maxing out a WR at a lower stake, but I am of the belief that 10 BB's/hour is nowhere near the attainable limit for low-to-mid stakes NL.
Wow.
Randal_Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:22 PM   #13607
Snowball2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Snowball2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8,640
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Should revisit that statement at the end of this year
Snowball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:28 PM   #13608
Randal_Graves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Randal_Graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: @tj_jurk
Posts: 10,128
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Revisit it after the (I'm guessing) 800 hour heater he's on.
Randal_Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:34 PM   #13609
bwslim69
I'm a Diva, Bruh
 
bwslim69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TPS reports
Posts: 24,043
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball2 View Post
Should revisit that statement at the end of this year


Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal_Graves View Post
Revisit it after the (I'm guessing) 800 hour heater he's on.

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate says the GOAT
bwslim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:09 PM   #13610
t_roy
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: My PGC
Posts: 2,123
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal_Graves View Post
Revisit it after the (I'm guessing) 800 hour heater he's on.
I seem to remember Chad saying 100/hour at 2/5 was doable.

I've definitely been in 100/hour games, but no way you're gonna find even 20 hours a week of that type of game.

Johnny, your rooms are 200bbs caps right? I mean if the game is always deep and is straddled fairly regularly, it may be possible. At MDL there is just no way. There isn't enough money on the table to sustain that high of a winrate. And that's with 10+ tables to choose from.
t_roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:20 PM   #13611
Randal_Graves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Randal_Graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: @tj_jurk
Posts: 10,128
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

100/hour is POSSIBLE for Chad. Chad is a world class cash game player with thousands of hours of experience playing against probably every different player style out there.

60/hour at 1/2 is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. It's something that would only be said by a super inexperienced player.

There is no teacher better than experience. I wish JB well but I'm guessing his tune will change quite a bit after 3000 hours of live cash games.
Randal_Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:20 PM   #13612
E Mo
journeyman
 
E Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 336
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsnapzbrah View Post
I have to say, wrt poker dying, there's at least one more poker boom coming. It's going to be bigger than the Moneymaker boom. Whenever online poker is finally completely legalized in the US (imo <10 years), we're going to see a boom the likes of which we haven't seen before. Think about it. All these legal websites now advertising poker during the college football game, then they want to try online, then live as well. Just look at what happened with DFS and how that exploded.
How do you think online poker will become legal again? Also what kind of win rate do you think will be attainable if and when it does online or off. What was it like in 2004?
E Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:23 PM   #13613
Randal_Graves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Randal_Graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: @tj_jurk
Posts: 10,128
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

IIRC, JB was the one complaining about 120(!!!) break even hours and how it was his longest BE stretch of 2015.

Buckle up bud.
Randal_Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:23 PM   #13614
johnnyBuz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnnyBuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beast Coast
Posts: 7,093
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal_Graves View Post
100/hour is POSSIBLE for Chad. Chad is a world class cash game player with thousands of hours of experience playing against probably every different player style out there.

60/hour at 1/2 is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. It's something that would only be said by a super inexperienced player.

There is no teacher better than experience. I wish JB well but I'm guessing his tune will change quite a bit after 3000 hours of live cash games.
Pretty sure wj94 is beating 1/2 for $50-60/hour.

I also said "my goal," not "my goal which entails 2000 hours per year."
johnnyBuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:37 PM   #13615
Randal_Graves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Randal_Graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: @tj_jurk
Posts: 10,128
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

JB,

How many hours of live poker have you played?
Randal_Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:54 PM   #13616
imdrax
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 462
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyBuz View Post
Pretty sure wj94 is beating 1/2 for $50-60/hour.

I also said "my goal," not "my goal which entails 2000 hours per year."
Lolololololol @ 60/hr at 1/2. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Anyone who makes this claim is lying or delusional or both. Think about it, if you NEVER had a losing session and played 5hrs/session you would leave +300 a day. That's ludicrous. I would bet that not a single 1/2 grinder here could snapshot their BR tracker and show an avg winning session amount that is >$300 and that's probably with avg session length >5hrs and not including avg losing session.
imdrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:55 PM   #13617
feel wrath
The Situation
 
feel wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 23,926
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

just wasted 10 mins going through poker dominator to do some silly epeening

I made 106.23 an hour at 2/4 last year over 52 hours.

also 75.73 an hour at 2/3 over 13 hours. that looks high, but I actually think I ran badly

And I'm not a crusher by any means. I play TAG and some LAG and a bit of sLAG. I can make moves but I rarely get out of line and everybody respects my game man. So I think 100 an hour at 2/3 and 150 an hour at 2/4 seem like sustainable goals for a good player and anybody making less than that has major leaks and should give up poker
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:05 AM   #13618
t_roy
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: My PGC
Posts: 2,123
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by feel wrath View Post
just wasted 10 mins going through poker dominator to do some silly epeening

I made 106.23 an hour at 2/4 last year over 52 hours.

also 75.73 an hour at 2/3 over 13 hours. that looks high, but I actually think I ran badly

And I'm not a crusher by any means. I play TAG and some LAG and a bit of sLAG. I can make moves but I rarely get out of line and everybody respects my game man. So I think 100 an hour at 2/3 and 150 an hour at 2/4 seem like sustainable goals for a good player and anybody making less than that has major leaks and should give up poker
Sad part about this thread is that if I didn't look at your SN, I'd think you were totally serious.
t_roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:10 AM   #13619
Richard Parker
banned
 
Richard Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Right Side of Variance
Posts: 13,951
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerdash View Post
Actually yeah, I don't know much about DFS but I'm pretty sure each pro submits like 100 lineups per thing they enter

Submitting 100 lineups is not quite the same as multi tabling poker.
Richard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:12 AM   #13620
Richard Parker
banned
 
Richard Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Right Side of Variance
Posts: 13,951
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyBuz View Post
What is so hard to figure out? I think the upper limit for 1/2 at my room is $60/hour. I think the upper limit for 2/5 is $100-120/hour. Since 2/5 is more profitable I've only played two 1/2 sessions this year.



I personally don't participate in "maximum WR" discussions because I think they are all flawed. The theoretical "max WR" that could be achieved would be the amount you could win if you could see your opponents hole cards. Just pulling a number out of my ass, that could be $500+ at 2/5.



Therefore, the better hand reader you become and the better you are at bet sizing to manipulate your villains, you should be able to keep increasing your WR. Most people likely move up in limits rather than maxing out a WR at a lower stake, but I am of the belief that 10 BB's/hour is nowhere near the attainable limit for low-to-mid stakes NL.

LOL, really?
Richard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:17 AM   #13621
feel wrath
The Situation
 
feel wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 23,926
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_roy View Post
Sad part about this thread is that if I didn't look at your SN, I'd think you were totally serious.
what....so I'm just a joke to you? Is that it?

hurts
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:56 AM   #13622
D0UGHBOY
Self Rising
 
D0UGHBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,041
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Parker View Post
Submitting 100 lineups is not quite the same as multi tabling poker.

It's even worse than multitabling poker. When you multitable poker you have to make independent decisions on each table. In dfs the decisions are already made you just need to submit the lineups. In poker if you play 1/2 you load up tables of 1/2 you don't load up lower stakes tables because it's not worth it dollar wise. In dfs you just need to click a few buttons and print money.
D0UGHBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:01 AM   #13623
Richard Parker
banned
 
Richard Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Right Side of Variance
Posts: 13,951
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal_Graves View Post
JB,

How many hours of live poker have you played?
I am over 7000 hours...not sure if it's a brag.
Richard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:02 AM   #13624
Richard Parker
banned
 
Richard Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Right Side of Variance
Posts: 13,951
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0UGHBOY View Post
It's even worse than multitabling poker. When you multitable poker you have to make independent decisions on each table. In dfs the decisions are already made you just need to submit the lineups. In poker if you play 1/2 you load up tables of 1/2 you don't load up lower stakes tables because it's not worth it dollar wise. In dfs you just need to click a few buttons and print money.
I honestly have no idea how DFS works, but I have tough time believing that poker boom could return.
Richard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:08 AM   #13625
Randal_Graves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Randal_Graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: @tj_jurk
Posts: 10,128
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Parker View Post
I am over 7000 hours...not sure if it's a brag.
I just wanna know how out of depth JB is with some of the stuff he posts in here. Nobody who's played >2k hours of live poker would say some of this stuff.
Randal_Graves is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive