Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Live No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em live cash games of all stakes.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #12976
Richard Parker
banned
 
Richard Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Right Side of Variance
Posts: 13,951
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

You probably purchased it from my Cafepress account.
Richard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:32 PM   #12977
Hardball47
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: BET FLOP
Posts: 12,935
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Parker View Post
Biggest side effect of believing in things such as heater and luck is basically succumbing to the idea of supernatural.

Then where do you draw the line?
Not necessarily true. They're mutually exclusive, but do tend to overlap. I believe in the supernatural, but don't believe in streaks, coolers and heaters.

We only spot streaks (good or bad) when we look at it from the outset and study the sample to see it goes so many SD's one way or the other.
Hardball47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:07 PM   #12978
browni3141
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Florida
Posts: 5,200
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelieveyouoweme$80k View Post
Disagree. If you have a reasonable bankroll, I see no reason why taking profits once in a while to shot take in a good looking lineup would be bad.

Don't use your initial buyin. Just use your profit.
I don't disagree, but my point is that if you have a reasonable bankroll and there's a good lineup you can shot-take without having a winning session.

Whether or not and how much you won shouldn't influence your decision unless the win puts your bankroll over the threshold where you're willing to shot-take.

If you're starting with a $1500 bankroll playing at 1|2 and win $1000 you shouldn't shot-take at a juicy 2|5 game.

If you're starting with an $8000 bankroll playing at 1|2 and you win $1000 you can shot-take in a juicy 2|5 game, but if you're willing to shot-take now you likely should have been willing to shot-take before you won that $1000. Your win changed little.
browni3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:22 PM   #12979
johnny_on_the_spot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnny_on_the_spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: S-Mart
Posts: 10,948
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuneIt View Post
I was not being sarcastic. I was attempting to be humorous with a dose of reality. ... So, wrong again.
not sarcastic but humorous with a dose of reality, huh?. kinda like the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny, which is literally the definition of sarcasm... but not sarcastic.

obviously i was wrong again...
johnny_on_the_spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:43 PM   #12980
t_roy
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: My PGC
Posts: 2,123
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Xpost from new PGC:



These are my 2/5 results for 2014 and 2015. This is primarily Charles Town and Maryland Live!

Last edited by t_roy; 01-23-2016 at 08:49 PM.
t_roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:46 PM   #12981
bwslim69
I'm a Diva, Bruh
 
bwslim69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TPS reports
Posts: 24,064
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelieveyouoweme$80k View Post

Disagree. If you have a reasonable bankroll, I see no reason why taking profits once in a while to shot take in a good looking lineup would be bad.

Don't use your initial buyin. Just use your profit.
if this helps you psychologically for some reason than w/e that's fine. But differentiating between your initial buyin and your profit means absolutely nothing in reality.
bwslim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:18 PM   #12982
andees10
veteran
 
andees10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,278
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwslim69 View Post
if this helps you psychologically for some reason than w/e that's fine. But differentiating between your initial buyin and your profit means absolutely nothing in reality.
I tend to play more aggro when I'm up in a given a session. It's like playing with house's money.
andees10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:20 PM   #12983
bwslim69
I'm a Diva, Bruh
 
bwslim69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TPS reports
Posts: 24,064
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by andees10 View Post
I tend to be more aggressive when I'm up in a given a session. It's like playing with house olives.

Fyp
bwslim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:49 PM   #12984
bip!
Slow Pony
 
bip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: not on urban dictionary...
Posts: 13,723
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_roy View Post
Xpost from new PGC:



These are my 2/5 results for 2014 and 2015. This is primarily Charles Town and Maryland Live!

Nice
bip! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:42 PM   #12985
feel wrath
The Situation
 
feel wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 24,079
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Yes, good stuff TRoy
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:55 PM   #12986
ATsai
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Orange County/LA, CA
Posts: 2,409
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwslim69 View Post
if this helps you psychologically for some reason than w/e that's fine. But differentiating between your initial buyin and your profit means absolutely nothing in reality.
+1.

There was a LLSNL poster who used to preach taking shots at big 10/20 NL+ games with "profits" from LLSNL games...didn't work out very well for DGI.
ATsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:05 AM   #12987
ATsai
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Orange County/LA, CA
Posts: 2,409
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

FWIW, the best BRM strategy for a winning player is to be willing to do whatever it takes to pad his bankroll at his current stakes, so he can occasionally play in juicy bigger games.

This means putting in a lot of high quality volume to msximize profits. This means living like a life nit to minimize costs. This means maximizing your efficiency on your way during and on your way back from poker room. This means working a lot on your poker game when you are away from the felt. Etc.

If you do all these things well, then you should be able to jump into juicy bigger games. The problem is that all the above recommendations basically amount to:

"Work your ass off." (and work smart and be disciplined with money management too)

Most poker players aren't able to work hard, so that's why they prefer the shortcuts like "taking profits to shot-take bigger games."

Proper BRM basically boils down to "work hard, work smart, be patient, and don't be an idiot with spending your money/roll." Everything else is trivial.
ATsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:29 AM   #12988
Hardball47
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: BET FLOP
Posts: 12,935
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelieveyouoweme$80k View Post
I hope so for you.
Aaaaand NOPE! Dropped 3 buy ins in 1.5 hours. First hand dealt: KK.... Ran into AA.

GG
Hardball47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:30 AM   #12989
turtle82
adept
 
turtle82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 897
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATsai View Post
FWIW, the best BRM strategy for a winning player is to be willing to do whatever it takes to pad his bankroll at his current stakes, so he can occasionally play in juicy bigger games.

This means putting in a lot of high quality volume to msximize profits. This means living like a life nit to minimize costs. This means maximizing your efficiency on your way during and on your way back from poker room. This means working a lot on your poker game when you are away from the felt. Etc.

If you do all these things well, then you should be able to jump into juicy bigger games. The problem is that all the above recommendations basically amount to:

"Work your ass off." (and work smart and be disciplined with money management too)

Most poker players aren't able to work hard, so that's why they prefer the shortcuts like "taking profits to shot-take bigger games."

Proper BRM basically boils down to "work hard, work smart, be patient, and don't be an idiot with spending your money/roll." Everything else is trivial.
turtle82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 02:45 AM   #12990
OvertlySexual
old hand
 
OvertlySexual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,532
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_roy View Post
Xpost from new PGC:



These are my 2/5 results for 2014 and 2015. This is primarily Charles Town and Maryland Live!
$5 on tips over 1600 hours does seem a tad excessive.

Otherwise, good job.
OvertlySexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:14 AM   #12991
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,228
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvertlySexual View Post
$5 on tips over 1600 hours does seem a tad excessive.

Otherwise, good job.
He must only tip $1 if pot is 2k or more.
parisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:51 AM   #12992
ATsai
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Orange County/LA, CA
Posts: 2,409
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_roy View Post
Xpost from new PGC:



These are my 2/5 results for 2014 and 2015. This is primarily Charles Town and Maryland Live!
congrats on your 2014-2015 2/5 NL results.
ATsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:04 AM   #12993
TeamKB
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 650
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

just wrapped up january... about 66 hours for $7400.. roughly even split between 1/2 and 2/5

also.. couldn't agree more with ATsai's post about the keys to bankroll... work hard, be a life nit... was just about to make a similar (although much wordier post in my blog thread)
TeamKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:01 AM   #12994
ibelieveyouoweme$80k
LLSNL FF Champ '13
 
ibelieveyouoweme$80k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wentzylvania baby
Posts: 12,851
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKB View Post
just wrapped up january... about 66 hours for $7400.. roughly even split between 1/2 and 2/5

also.. couldn't agree more with ATsai's post about the keys to bankroll... work hard, be a life nit... was just about to make a similar (although much wordier post in my blog thread)
there is a week left in the month
ibelieveyouoweme$80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:27 AM   #12995
TeamKB
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 650
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

I live 3.5 hrs from the casino. Make a 3-4 day trip twice per month. Not going back til feb
TeamKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:48 AM   #12996
ZuneIt
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Where I can find out how2play poker
Posts: 2,160
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuneIt
I was not being sarcastic. I was attempting to be humorous with a dose of reality. ... So, wrong again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_on_the_spot View Post
not sarcastic but humorous with a dose of reality, huh?. kinda like the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny, which is literally the definition of sarcasm... but not sarcastic.

obviously i was wrong again...
It now has become obvious that I have offended you & for that, I apologize.
Once again I have forgotten that printed words can in no way convey the spirit in which the statement[s] is made.
ZuneIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 01:51 PM   #12997
VolumeKing
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 729
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKB View Post
just wrapped up january... about 66 hours for $7400.. roughly even split between 1/2 and 2/5

also.. couldn't agree more with ATsai's post about the keys to bankroll... work hard, be a life nit... was just about to make a similar (although much wordier post in my blog thread)
I'm at 196hrs this month and still going strong. it doesn't matter how much I am up or down because 200hrs is a lol amount of hands live. Small sample size don't matter
VolumeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 01:57 PM   #12998
TeamKB
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 650
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolumeKing View Post
I'm at 196hrs this month and still going strong. it doesn't matter how much I am up or down because 200hrs is a lol amount of hands live. Small sample size don't matter
you quoted me, so i assume you're addressing me in this post? im not sure why? nice job on the hours!
TeamKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:15 PM   #12999
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,215
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_roy View Post
Xpost from new PGC:
Impressive results. Very impressive volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andees10 View Post
I tend to play more aggro when I'm up in a given a session. It's like playing with house's money.
Me too. Or when I'm down a lot too I guess. Or when I'm even too I guess. LOL it's all the house's money (House being govt./wife/death/etc)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardball47 View Post
Aaaaand NOPE! Dropped 3 buy ins in 1.5 hours. First hand dealt: KK.... Ran into AA.

GG
The first rule about heaters is you don't talk about heaters

Also if you guys aren't playing sevens when they're hot you're doing it wrong
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #13000
ZuneIt
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Where I can find out how2play poker
Posts: 2,160
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
Or when I'm even too I guess. LOL it's all the house's money (House being govt./wife/death/etc)

The first rule about heaters is you don't talk about heaters

Also if you guys aren't playing sevens when they're hot you're doing it wrong
Finally! Someone else with a sense of humor!

I know a guy who has a steadfast rule: If he gets the same hand twice in a row, say J5o twice or J5s twice, he always plays it the 3rd time. Provided it is a named hand.
ZuneIt is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive