Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Live No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em live cash games of all stakes.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #5951
wj94
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 7,722
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFish View Post
Whats the difference between this app and "Poker Profit Tracker" ? They look the exact same to me except Poker Profit Tracker is free and that app is $12.99
No idea, I got it for free.
wj94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #5952
spikeraw22
The Situation
 
spikeraw22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SB is the new BTN
Posts: 8,732
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Hey fellas care to eval my staking deal?

Lifetime WR at 1/2 ~$20/hr. closer to $25/hr actual now.

Stake goes 60:40 my way losses to be owed the stake through future wins. Payouts every 50 hrs. Reasonable?
spikeraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #5953
11t
Bo Pelini's #1 Fan
 
11t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Spewville
Posts: 31,421
Can't you make more doing something else?
11t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #5954
spikeraw22
The Situation
 
spikeraw22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SB is the new BTN
Posts: 8,732
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

I do but I'm trying to put my roll back together. I wouldn't be able to play for a couple months otherwise. This way I can at least play and build a little bit while my other financials get back on track.
spikeraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #5955
RoyalFart
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 14
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Staking usually never works out for either side. Definitely Pass. Patience is a virtue
RoyalFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #5956
wj94
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 7,722
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalFart View Post
Staking usually never works out for either side.
x2
wj94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #5957
BJballs
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeraw22 View Post
Hey fellas care to eval my staking deal?

Lifetime WR at 1/2 ~$20/hr. closer to $25/hr actual now.

Stake goes 60:40 my way losses to be owed the stake through future wins. Payouts every 50 hrs. Reasonable?
How deep can you go into make up before you get cut off?

What is the max buy in at your game?

does the stake allow you to play higher than 1/2?
BJballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #5958
spikeraw22
The Situation
 
spikeraw22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SB is the new BTN
Posts: 8,732
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Expect to be out before I need t move up. Stake is $2100. ROR relatively small. Max BI $300 usually.
spikeraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #5959
Pay4Myschool
Haz Chuck Norris 4 Dad
 
Pay4Myschool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan / California
Posts: 7,473
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

I will vouch for spikeraw and say that he plays in a pretty loose $1/2 game regularly (The Roundtree), and if he plays at peak times (at night, which this room generally is open regularly then), he should be able to get a $25/hour return with little/no risk. Also, from his strategy posts and the couple times I have met up with him, he has a good head under his shoulders and appears as a trustworthy individual.

Also, in Michigan poker is really active/busy during November - March, meaning the games are softer than come summertime.
Pay4Myschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #5960
BJballs
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 900
Sorry Spike, what does ROR stand for? It's definitely a fair deal to me, but make sure you consider everything.

If you lose the entire roll, is there going to be any bad blood? Is the backer aware of the risks? Are they a poker play themselves? Can they afford to lose the money and be OK with it?

Honestly answering these questions will help you determine if it's the right deal for you or not.
BJballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #5961
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,215
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeraw22 View Post
Hey fellas care to eval my staking deal?

Lifetime WR at 1/2 ~$20/hr. closer to $25/hr actual now.

Stake goes 60:40 my way losses to be owed the stake through future wins. Payouts every 50 hrs. Reasonable?
Aside from staking being ******ed which others have touched on, financially this does not seem reasonable at all. Especially if you have any decent sample you are pulling the hourly figures from.

I know nothing about staking but I would never do a 60/40 and 100% makeup. That just sounds nuts.

Wait tables for 2 months ffs
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #5962
Sebastes Pinneger
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 2/5 NL in the flesh
Posts: 721
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

What Avaritia said.

Do the math, not the best way to build a roll.
Sebastes Pinneger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #5963
Richard Parker
banned
 
Richard Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Right Side of Variance
Posts: 13,951
Why would anyone who beats the game at 10bb/hr need staking?

Just doesn't make any sense.

Plus if you're crushing that hard, why not get a loan?
Richard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #5964
NitroJake
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 115
Ive been in his shoes before. A few years ago I got laid off, had a break-even month followed by a losing month then had bills to pay requiring me to bust my roll. I had a lot of catch up to do and a stake helped me build a roll from scratch. Your deal seems fair if youre willing to put in the time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using 2+2 Forums
NitroJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #5965
KatoKrazy
Pooh-Bah
 
KatoKrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,226
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

You would be better off taking a cash advance on a CC or something than taking that deal.

Job for 2-3 months >> loan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>stake
KatoKrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #5966
spikeraw22
The Situation
 
spikeraw22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SB is the new BTN
Posts: 8,732
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Clarification: I have a 6 figure job. So, that's not the issue. The issue is that I won't have any spending money for poker for a couple months unless I stake. I had a sizable roll last year but had to stop playing and working due to school which had been my plan all along. So, now I've started over.

Friend is a poker player who I have staked in the past. He also has a 6 figure job and while he won't like losing the money, won't really be affected much.

This is a no risk situation for me. If I lose, it's not my money. If I win, I win. It's just a temporary thing. I was just wondering about the terms. The stake itself is really no big deal. It's just a way for me to play and earn a bit for my roll and my friend has fun tracking it. I also like the idea of playing with 100% poker money. I'll likely be able to quit the stake and get out on my own after a few cycles.

Pay4myschool- I hope my head is above my shoulders. We need to arrange an outing to MCC. I've found the game to be similarly soft to my regular games around town.
spikeraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #5967
BJballs
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
I know nothing about staking but I would never do a 60/40 and 100% makeup. That just sounds nuts.
Why does this sound nuts? He is getting 60% with no financial risk. Maybe he likes playing and would rather make less hourly and play when he wants over waiting tables.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Parker View Post
Why would anyone who beats the game at 10bb/hr need staking?

Just doesn't make any sense.

Plus if you're crushing that hard, why not get a loan?
Bc life happens? Maybe he has poor money management or something happened and he needed to pull from his BR. Maybe his sample size is small.
BJballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #5968
Richard Parker
banned
 
Richard Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Right Side of Variance
Posts: 13,951
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroJake View Post
Ive been in his shoes before. A few years ago I got laid off, had a break-even month followed by a losing month then had bills to pay requiring me to bust my roll. I had a lot of catch up to do and a stake helped me build a roll from scratch. Your deal seems fair if youre willing to put in the time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using 2+2 Forums
How's going on a stake going to change your bad run?

If anything, having someone stake you would just add more stress to you playing the game.
Richard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #5969
Richard Parker
banned
 
Richard Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Right Side of Variance
Posts: 13,951
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJballs View Post
Bc life happens?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJballs View Post
Maybe he has poor money management or something happened and he needed to pull from his BR. Maybe his sample size is small.
First of all, life events and having bad money management are two completely different things.

And sample is small just means that you are not a 10bb/hr winner.

None of the above would be solved by having someone staking you.
Richard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #5970
Richard Parker
banned
 
Richard Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Right Side of Variance
Posts: 13,951
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeraw22 View Post
Clarification: I have a 6 figure job. So, that's not the issue. The issue is that I won't have any spending money for poker for a couple months unless I stake. I had a sizable roll last year but had to stop playing and working due to school which had been my plan all along. So, now I've started over.

Friend is a poker player who I have staked in the past. He also has a 6 figure job and while he won't like losing the money, won't really be affected much.

This is a no risk situation for me. If I lose, it's not my money. If I win, I win. It's just a temporary thing. I was just wondering about the terms. The stake itself is really no big deal. It's just a way for me to play and earn a bit for my roll and my friend has fun tracking it. I also like the idea of playing with 100% poker money. I'll likely be able to quit the stake and get out on my own after a few cycles.

Pay4myschool- I hope my head is above my shoulders. We need to arrange an outing to MCC. I've found the game to be similarly soft to my regular games around town.
Sure buddy.

6 figure job = easy access to loan.

Loan > stake.
Richard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #5971
spikeraw22
The Situation
 
spikeraw22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SB is the new BTN
Posts: 8,732
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

RP- Answered above. I have pretty good money management. I'm a very responsible guy which is actually why I'm looking at the stake and not just going out on my own. With a small stake I can play normally and withstand a little variance whereas I would likely feel the beats if on 100% of my own money. As I said, it's a way for me to play in the next couple months where I wouldn't be able to otherwise. It has nothing to do with mismanagement or degen tendencies. I'm the least degen poker player ever. I don't even like craps.

I'm done with the loan world. Loans have interest. This has none. As I said, I'm jsut looking for advice on the terms. Not on whether I should or not.
spikeraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #5972
Richard Parker
banned
 
Richard Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Right Side of Variance
Posts: 13,951
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Come on...seriously, I expect some very basic common sense from you.

$3000 cash advance from your credit card even at 20% interest = $600 divided by 12 months, or $50 a month in interest.

That's as much as you would give to your "partner" if you net $125 in winning, and $50 is the very most you'll be giving up.

I am done with this subject because this must be a joke.
Richard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #5973
BJballs
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 900
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Parker View Post
First of all, life events and having bad money management are two completely different things.

And sample is small just means that you are not a 10bb/hr winner.

None of the above would be solved by having someone staking you.
I never said life events and poor money management were the same thing, so thanks for taking what I said and turning it into what you wanted to read.

Actually, a 10bb/hr winner over a small sample just means exactly that. There is not enough information to determine whether the bb/hr is true or not. We don't know how many hours Spike's played because he left that out.

Last edited by BJballs; 12-04-2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Edited out, "And that's why I said maybe." because I didn't like it after reading.
BJballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #5974
NitroJake
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Parker View Post
How's going on a stake going to change your bad run?

If anything, having someone stake you would just add more stress to you playing the game.
I was broke/jobless then and couldnt play/put any money in my roll. Now after reading his situation about his job, I think hes nuts to get a stake. Lol
NitroJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #5975
pikkupossu
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 838
re: Winrates, bankrolls, and finances

i think its pretty silly to be looking to get staked if you do in fact make 6 figures a year

ok, maybe if you wanted to reduce variance in a 5/10 or 10/25 plo game, but thats selling action...

but for 1/2 nl?

lol?

if i was certain i could beat 1/2 nl for 10bb/hour, and my friend was certain of this. i'd just ask my friend for 500 dollars and pay him back in a week.

fwiw, i was in a position of no liquid funds after returning from 2y in europe. despite having very little live experience for the past few years, i was certain id beat LLSNL games for much more than 10bb/hour and was able to secure a quick loan of 1000 dollars from a friend without any hassle.

if for some reason i bustoed everything, needed to start from scratch and had to take a staking offer. i probably would want a 70/30 split on a stake.

i have also borrowed money from friends because i didnt want to pay the 3.50 service charge at the ATM.
pikkupossu is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive