Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss 5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss

07-31-2010 , 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McStinky
I know you shouldn't usually put that much in with a suited connector pre, but what if I strongly suspect he is 3-betting me with a very wide range, and I have a good image and plan to checkraise lots of flops?
i think his wide 3 betting range is still ahead of your 57's. you wanna show him who the boss is but you dont know what to do on the turn now
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss Quote
07-31-2010 , 06:48 PM
title made me lol, OP made me lol some more, thread content made me lol to the extreme
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss Quote
07-31-2010 , 10:57 PM
This is a typical live poker thread. I don't know why the live players get mad when we want to group 1000NL Live and lower, into the microstakes forum. That's where they belong.
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss Quote
07-31-2010 , 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco
This is a typical live poker thread. I don't know why the live players get mad when we want to group 1000NL Live and lower, into the microstakes forum. That's where they belong.

thats really uncalled for.

So to retort, i might add that for a great majority of online players (good winning ones that is), they will need a live forum to discuss why they are so unsuccessful overall at playing live. And that could be placed in the microstakes section as well. Its downright pitiful how such well versed players somehow lose all touch of reality when they get posed with a bunch of fish who do not respond in the way the typical online regular player does.

I happen to find it just as bad as the live threads can come off here myself. The only difference is the online players "should" know better. The players here are just simply novice.
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss Quote
08-01-2010 , 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco
This is a typical live poker thread. I don't know why the live players get mad when we want to group 1000NL Live and lower, into the microstakes forum. That's where they belong.
LMAO sooooo hard....
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss Quote
08-01-2010 , 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoLimit
So to retort, i might add that for a great majority of online players (good winning ones that is), they will need a live forum to discuss why they are so unsuccessful overall at playing live. And that could be placed in the microstakes section as well. Its downright pitiful how such well versed players somehow lose all touch of reality when they get posed with a bunch of fish who do not respond in the way the typical online regular player does.
do you have any evidence to support this (online players being unsuccessful in live games)? every competent online player that i've spoken to has reported that live games are a gold mine for them... while live players are constantly posting abortions in the online forums.

if it were possible to clone yourself and multitable live games, it's my opinion that over 95% of online players would snapquit the internet pokers.
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss Quote
08-01-2010 , 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurt
do you have any evidence to support this (online players being unsuccessful in live games)? every competent online player that i've spoken to has reported that live games are a gold mine for them... while live players are constantly posting abortions in the online forums.

if it were possible to clone yourself and multitable live games, it's my opinion that over 95% of online players would snapquit the internet pokers.

see PM
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss Quote
08-01-2010 , 04:18 AM
Better to 4-bet light than flat OOP here... but just fold pre.
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss Quote
08-01-2010 , 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurt
do you have any evidence to support this (online players being unsuccessful in live games)? every competent online player that i've spoken to has reported that live games are a gold mine for them... while live players are constantly posting abortions in the online forums.

if it were possible to clone yourself and multitable live games, it's my opinion that over 95% of online players would snapquit the internet pokers.
This. Andrew Song would fold 55 here and be right. True story.
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss Quote
08-01-2010 , 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyvjv13
This. Andrew Song would fold 55 here and be right. True story.

jimmy, for the life of me i cant figure what this means. Can u elaborate?
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss Quote
08-01-2010 , 07:51 PM
Every hand he posts is a 400+ BB deep spot live where he has second or third set and folds.
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss Quote
08-01-2010 , 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyvjv13
Every hand he posts is a 400+ BB deep spot live where he has second or third set and folds.
oh, i remember a couple of those.
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss Quote
09-07-2010 , 04:19 PM
Showing has no merit unless the majority of the table seem like recreational players.

Otherwise you are giving the good players too much information. There are some things I never want other players know that I'm capable of making and this is one of them -- things like min-raise bluffing the river; c/r bluffing the flop or turn in multiway pots; turning made hands into bluffs; over bet bluffs on the river etc.

Wrt KK being a fold, KK is a clear (not marginal) fold here if you are confident in your characterization of villain being a recreational player that is trying to play profitably.
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss Quote
09-07-2010 , 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slik
Showing has no merit unless the majority of the table seem like recreational players.

Otherwise you are giving the good players too much information. There are some things I never want other players know that I'm capable of making and this is one of them -- things like min-raise bluffing the river; c/r bluffing the flop or turn in multiway pots; turning made hands into bluffs; over bet bluffs on the river etc.

Wrt KK being a fold, KK is a clear (not marginal) fold here if you are confident in your characterization of villain being a recreational player that is trying to play profitably.
oops ignore this, accidentally responded to your other post here, sorry
5/10 live I want to show an internet whiz kid who's boss Quote

      
m